Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) 8 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Lynda Carter: Couldn´t have said it better myself. (24 votes)

Agree with lynda 42%
Disagree with lynda 21%
Agree but disagree a woman should write 38%
Agree women should write WW 33%

The timeless Lynda Carter is synonymous with the iconic Wonder Woman of the hit '70s TV show, and she's also a true Wonder Woman in real life, partnering with DC Entertainment's We Can Be Heroes campaign to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa. The character has failed to be rebooted for the big screen time and time again in a very high-profile way, and Lynda tells ET, "They miss the point of Wonder Woman."

For years,

Hollywood

has been toiling over bringing Wonder Woman back to the mainstream in film or television, with "Avengers" mastermind Joss Whedon involved at one point, and with a recent series

pilot

produced by "Ally McBeal" creator David E. Kelley -- and widely ridiculed.

"I think they try to just make her a female version of a male superhero, and that's not what she is," observes Lynda. "She is an Amazon Princess and she's got really strong sisterhood values. She's smart, and she just happens to be beautiful and super strong, and she has these great cool things like these bracelets and boomerang headband and non-lethal kinds of ways of dealing with people. She's just saying, like, 'Get a grip!' all the time. ... She slaps the hands of the bad guys."

Short of sitting down as an advisor to a new incarnation of Wonder Woman, Lynda offers, "Maybe they need a female writer who gets it. I've often tried not to say that, but I think it's the truth. It's like, 'Hellooooo guys, get a female that understands what that's all about.' You look at any society that suppresses women, and it's violent. Look around the world. ... There's a humanity that they're missing. There's got to be a sweetness, a kindness, a goodness in the character. The rest takes care of itself."

For a specific donation, DC Entertainment is giving one lucky fan (and a plus-one) an opportunity to have a rare-meet-and-greet with Lynda, flying them to New York City on Oct. 25 to join her backstage at her Jazz at Lincoln Center performance at the Allen Room. The package includes accommodations for two nights, plus a tour of the DC Entertainment offices, a Wonder Woman lithograph, a Superman/Wonder Woman T-shirt, an Essential Wonder Woman Encyclopedia, and a Noir Jewelry Dome Ring and Cuff Bracelet.

"I have very fond memories [of doing the show]," says Lynda. "I loved the character. I loved her, and so when DC Comics called me and said, 'Hey, would you be willing to be a part of this thing,' I thought, 'That sounds great.'"

"Wonder Woman" ran for three seasons, from 1975 to 1979, on ABC and then CBS. Before the show was a pop-culture hit, Lynda remembers that naysayers thought portraying Wonder Woman on television was going to go against the tide of the women's liberation movement.

"People were cautioning me. [They would say], 'Women are not going to like you,' and, 'Boy, it's going to be hard,'" remembers Lynda. "But I wasn't brought up that way. I was determined to create a character that thought of herself as just a regular person; she wasn't all up about herself, and she just happened to have these powers, but she wasn't impressed with herself. I think that's probably was what the key to it is: You can't really play a superhero -- if someone's trying to act heroic in normal acting, it would be like a cartoon."

She adds of the perception of the character, "She was empowered. They were very worried about too strong of a Women's Lib message, but it's implied anyway. You don't need to pound someone over the head with [the dialogue]. Understatement can be very powerful."

Looking back at that spectacular -- and spectacularly revealing -- star-spangled costume, Lynda laughs: "What I think is, 'She looks goooood.' Oh my god, I totally took it for granted."

These days, Lynda is full steam ahead with her music career and that Jazz at Lincoln Center concert happening next month, part of the DC Entertainment: We Can Be Heroes -- Justice League Edition package. Her latest album is called "Crazy Little Things," "Because I just threw in all the stuff I wanted to sing. ... My background is blues and country, I grew up in Arizona and those were the two biggest influences." She adds of her live shows, "I don't do just a bunch of songs that were your parent's songs. I will do songs from my era or your era." Lynda plays all sorts of tunes, from standards to even a Black Keys cover: "Some I do very similar to the way they did it, but most I do a very different take on it." She's been known to play the Wonder Woman theme!

"I'm thrilled to be working on my music. I don't take it for granted," she says. Knocking on wood, she adds proudly, "We have never had one performance where we didn't have a standing ovation, because we have so much fun on stage and it's such a team effort, this band I have [of Nashville superstar musicians]."

As for her Wonder Woman fame, the 62-year-old star has very much come to terms with her lifetime association with the character, and she even shared her excitement over seeing a Wonder Woman bobble head made in her image.

"Having a bobblehead made after you is like the ultimate compliment," she says enthusiastically. "I thought, 'God, I've really made it if I've got a bobble head with my little face on it.' I was very excited about it. I mean, I've had dolls and everything, but I've never had a bobble head!"

Read more at

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/news/?a=87601#TgJHSIVAIGSFphdO.99

#1 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with her characterization, but i think men who get the character can write her.

#2 Edited by Dernman (14770 posts) - - Show Bio

tl;dr

Though to be honest I would listen to her about what to do with Wonder Woman as much as I would listen to Adam West on what to do with Batman.

She is just some actress who played a roll and a campy version at that. Nothing more or less.

#3 Posted by PowerWoman (3337 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree women should write WW

#4 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

tl;dr

Though to be honest I would listen to her about what to do with Wonder Woman as much as I would listen to Adam West on what to do with Batman.

She is just some actress who played a roll and a campy version at that. Nothing more or less.

what lynda said here is 100% true,in the latest pilot they forgot what she is all about,in the Jl comics is the same,her version of JL cartoon too,making her a bitch,man hater,most writters don't really know what she is all about or they just choose the easy way and writte her like a female hercules or a xena with a lasso because it's easier to writte than writting her true self which is more complex than punching everyone around.

#5 Edited by Dernman (14770 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@dernman said:

tl;dr

what lynda said here is 100% true,in the latest pilot they forgot what she is all about,in the Jl comics is the same,her version of JL cartoon too,making her a bitch,man hater,most writters don't really know what she is all about or they just choose the easy way and writte her like a female hercules or a xena with a lasso because it's easier to writte than writting her true self which is more complex than punching everyone around.

Ignoring your oversimplifying of what actually goes on with why writers and creators do what they do. Just curious but why are you going to try and debate someone on something said when that person said they didn't read read it? I obviously can't counter or support anything said because I don't know what was said.

My comments were not directed at what was said but the use of her like she has any more importance or authority on the subject than any random person.

In fact I suspect she is less so because like many stars I doubt the validity of their interest in the character or material beyond their royalty checks, and trying to stay relevant for personal appearances.

It's a pet peeve of mine.

EDIT: That sounded more j3rkish than I intended. Wasn't meant to be.

EDIT2: My bad doubly if you weren't trying to debate but just hold a conversation.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (18448 posts) - - Show Bio

My two favourite Wonder Woman runs come from male writers. And no Azzarello haters, it isn't Azzarello. Rucka and Perez have done the best job on writing definitive arcs for Wonder Woman with Simone coming up behind. There are several men who can be trusted to do the character justice and Whedon would have been another one. He has a history of writing strong female characters and portraying them well.

#7 Posted by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior:

@dernman said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@dernman said:

tl;dr

Ignoring your oversimplifying of what actually goes on with why writers and creators do what they do. Just curious but why are you going to try and debate someone on something said when that person said they didn't read read it? I obviously can't counter or support anything said because I don't know what was said.

My comments were not directed at what was said but the use of her like she has any more importance or authority on the subject than any random person.

In fact I suspect she is less so because like many stars I doubt the validity of their interest in the character or material beyond their royalty checks, and trying to stay relevant for personal appearances.

It's a pet peeve of mine.

EDIT: That sounded more j3rkish than I intended. Wasn't meant to be.

EDIT2: My bad doubly if you weren't trying to debate but just hold a conversation.

As i said in the first part of what I wrote, I think her characterization of the character was right on in what she said. However I firmly disagree with her that women necessarily will write her better, but rather, that you have to relate in some way to the struggle WW goes through as a character to write her well and that may be easier for women. A man and woman created Wonder Woman Moultan Marston and his wife, so I don´t agree with that statement, but everything else she said was spot on.

To say by playing a character you don´t have authority on that character, is not true either. I think if you play a version of a character that is the most beloved, and the one that alot of people see as definitive then you must have got something right. To really play the character you have to really get in their head like Christopher Reeve did for Superman or in fact Lynda Carter did for Wonder Woman.

Don´t get me wrong either, I think the show is campy as hell and past the first few episodes I thought it got so campy it´s near unwatchable. But the show did have a really cool wonder woman origin that I think is superior to the animated film in characterizing Diana. This to a large extent was down to Lynda´s acting choices. If you watch the show, as silly and as hammy as all the acting is in it, or the fighting, Lynda really stands out as taking the character seriously, and really giving her presence. She is not like Adam West doing Batman, I would compare her to Reeves doing superman. She gave the 70s a Wonder Woman their generation could relate to and she really did try and play it straight amongst all the campiness and silliness of the show. People maker fun of the WW show but rarely will you here a bad word said against Lynda Carters portrayal, which is the same as Reeves, where Adam West people make fun of him, he was the most camp thing in the show and the show was already super camp. (Well actually maybe the Boy Wonder was lol)

She was graceful, beautiful, kind and strong. There was always a glimmer of humanity behind her eyes which made Wonder Woman in that show so lovable.

I think that what she needs to be in any future movie incarnation, but just a bad ass warrior as well. I don´t think WW should really act like a warrior, she should act like a princess and diplomat, but fight like a warrior. I think that is mainly the confusion many have with her character. Just because she is trained like a warrior she does not mean she necessarily acts like one. The JL animated series got it right, the animated film was good, but sometimes she was a bit too bitchy (I still like it though), Lynda was absolutely perfect even though her show was campy, and most of the Justice League films and New 52 have to me been awful in how they´ve treated the character. I´m not surprised so many people hate the character in the way she´s often depicted outside her comic. Geoff Johns I´m looking at you.

#8 Edited by Dernman (14770 posts) - - Show Bio

To say by playing a character you don´t have authority on that character, is not true either.

I disagree. All she is is an actress that gets told what to do and acts it out. Her opinion is no more important that any reader who picks up a book.

I think if you play a version of a character that is the most beloved,

It really isn't the most beloved. That's like saying Adam West is the most beloved when many people see it as a shame or only like it in nostalgia or "ironically"

and the one that alot of people see as definitive then you must have got something right.

Many more either do not or don't have anything else to compare it too.

To really play the character you have to really get in their head like Christopher Reeve did for Superman or in fact Lynda Carter did for Wonder Woman.

No she didn't I've watched it and it was a very campy version of her that did not get into her head. Furthermore it's no different than any real fan who reads and gets into the comic and tries to connect with the character. Lets not speak of Reeves because although it was good for it's time many fans are trying move on and love down many of the bad aspects of that version but writers refuse to move beyond that which has really hurt the character and were we ended up getting a drastic change like the 52. Some could say that had some effect on WW also.

But the show did have a really cool wonder woman origin that I think is superior to the animated film in characterizing Diana

I couldn't disagree more. Like Donner, like West, we need to move past that. The animated movie was far superior to Diana than what I found that outdated inaccurate version of WW.

Lynda really stands out as taking the character seriously, and really giving her presence.

Not at all it as an campy embarrassment with a withery presence.

She is not like Adam West doing Batman, I would compare her to Reeves doing superman.

Yeah she was somewhere in between the two. West being the worst of the bunch and Reeves still should be left in the past.

She gave the 70s a Wonder Woman their generation could relate to and she really did try and play it straight amongst all the campinessand silliness of the show

She should stay in the 70 when there wasn't much alternative for woman other than maybe Bionic Woman. Even without the campiness and silliness she should stay there.

. People maker fun of the WW show but rarely will you here a bad word said against Lynda Carters portrayal,

Then you're not listening good enough outside the preaching to the choir people. I hear it all the time. Most people do not want her back. You never hear oh I want a young Linda Carter from anyone but the hardcorest of nostalgia fanatics. You never see any of the choices for the new wonder woman anything like her.

which is the same as Reeves,

Same thing I said about Linda applies to Reeves but a lesser extent.

where Adam West people make fun of him,

Ya people make fun of Linda and Reaves. They also care less about Linda. heh I can see youre denial of that fact now but it's true. WW simply always falls behind the other two.

he was the most camp thing in the show and the show was already super camp. (Well actually maybe the Boy Wonder was lol)

And yet that why that version keeps on going strong in peoples minds because it was bad and people liked to laugh at it. It's certainly stronger in the minds of people than Linda's version.

She was graceful, beautiful, kind and strong. There was always a glimmer of humanity behind her eyes which made Wonder Woman in that show so lovable.

She was clunky in movement, awkward in acting, and honestly I never bought into her strength. You say humanity I say cardboard cutout.

She only worked because of the times. Same with Spider-Man.

I think that what she needs to be in any future movie incarnation, but just a bad ass warrior as well.

OH god you give a Linda clone and you can say goodby to any chance of a franchise. She would kill it.

Lynda was absolutely perfect even though her show was campy

No she wasn't. She was just a product of the times when TV was still simple and could get away with being one dimensional.

and most of the Justice League films and New 52 have to me been awful in how they´ve treated the character.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you and neither do many others. I may not be the biggest New 52 WW fan but it has breathed new life into her and the JL films were nowhere near as bad as that tv series.

I'm going to leave this thread because we obviously have very different tastes. You might feel the need to have a further say in the matter and that is fine but I ask you to do it without the reply or quote buttons calling me back because I do not wish to return. Continuing this would do neither of us any good.

#9 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (721 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the gender of the writer matters all that much. What matters is the writer likes and understands powerful women. I don't think Johns and Azzarello do, there's a cynicism and mistrust evident in both their versions.

#10 Posted by Bruxae (12651 posts) - - Show Bio

Just kidding, I love that picture. :D

She really has a point though in my opinion.

#11 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11132 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Wonder Woman should be restricted to just being written by women writers. There are plenty of male writers who can write about a strong and powerful woman without it being over sexualized.

#12 Edited by Pokeysteve (8093 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree but two of my three favorite runs were written by men (Perez and Rucka). They can get it. The problem is DC and Warner Bros trying to change her so much to fit in today.

#13 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman:lynda was perfect as wonder woman,she was simple?,one dimensional?,all the shows back then were,so get your facts right,who knows how she would have portrayed WW if she did it today,and she said that herself,that obiously today an adaptation about WW would be more mature and darker because the character evolved since the 70s,so lynda herself knows it very well.

also don't even try to start the crap about batman and superman,yes they are more popular than WW,only because warne bros and DC don't know what to do with females and market them properly,you know that no female comic character is as popular as superman and batman,but do you think is because there is no female with a good and interesting story?,NO,it's because they don't know how to handle them in the market specially outside comics,WW is the original character that brought all the mythological stuff to the mainstream before thor,shazam,and way before kratos and xena,so why would anybody think that WW can't have a successful movie based on her mythology,when other characters that came after her were able to do it?,WW brough mythology stuff to the mainstream before anybody else,she paid the way for all the successful Tv series and movies based on mythology like thor,xena,kratos,etc,so WW's potential is there,it's time for comic companies to put their act together and create a successful movie based on a female comic character for the first time.

#14 Edited by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

To say by playing a character you don´t have authority on that character, is not true either.

I disagree. All she is is an actress that gets told what to do and acts it out. Her opinion is no more important that any reader who picks up a book.

I think if you play a version of a character that is the most beloved,

It really isn't the most beloved. That's like saying Adam West is the most beloved when many people see it as a shame or only like it in nostalgia or "ironically"

and the one that alot of people see as definitive then you must have got something right.

Many more either do not or don't have anything else to compare it too.

To really play the character you have to really get in their head like Christopher Reeve did for Superman or in fact Lynda Carter did for Wonder Woman.

No she didn't I've watched it and it was a very campy version of her that did not get into her head. Furthermore it's no different than any real fan who reads and gets into the comic and tries to connect with the character. Lets not speak of Reeves because although it was good for it's time many fans are trying move on and love down many of the bad aspects of that version but writers refuse to move beyond that which has really hurt the character and were we ended up getting a drastic change like the 52. Some could say that had some effect on WW also.

But the show did have a really cool wonder woman origin that I think is superior to the animated film in characterizing Diana

I couldn't disagree more. Like Donner, like West, we need to move past that. The animated movie was far superior to Diana than what I found that outdated inaccurate version of WW.

Lynda really stands out as taking the character seriously, and really giving her presence.

Not at all it as an campy embarrassment with a withery presence.

She is not like Adam West doing Batman, I would compare her to Reeves doing superman.

Yeah she was somewhere in between the two. West being the worst of the bunch and Reeves still should be left in the past.

She gave the 70s a Wonder Woman their generation could relate to and she really did try and play it straight amongst all the campinessand silliness of the show

She should stay in the 70 when there wasn't much alternative for woman other than maybe Bionic Woman. Even without the campiness and silliness she should stay there.

. People maker fun of the WW show but rarely will you here a bad word said against Lynda Carters portrayal,

Then you're not listening good enough outside the preaching to the choir people. I hear it all the time. Most people do not want her back. You never hear oh I want a young Linda Carter from anyone but the hardcorest of nostalgia fanatics. You never see any of the choices for the new wonder woman anything like her.

which is the same as Reeves,

Same thing I said about Linda applies to Reeves but a lesser extent.

where Adam West people make fun of him,

Ya people make fun of Linda and Reaves. They also care less about Linda. heh I can see youre denial of that fact now but it's true. WW simply always falls behind the other two.

he was the most camp thing in the show and the show was already super camp. (Well actually maybe the Boy Wonder was lol)

And yet that why that version keeps on going strong in peoples minds because it was bad and people liked to laugh at it. It's certainly stronger in the minds of people than Linda's version.

She was clunky in movement, awkward in acting, and honestly I never bought into her strength. You say humanity I say cardboard cutout.

She only worked because of the times. Same with Spider-Man.

I think that what she needs to be in any future movie incarnation, but just a bad ass warrior as well.

OH god you give a Linda clone and you can say goodby to any chance of a franchise. She would kill it.

Lynda was absolutely perfect even though her show was campy

No she wasn't. She was just a product of the times when TV was still simple and could get away with being one dimensional.

and most of the Justice League films and New 52 have to me been awful in how they´ve treated the character.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you and neither do many others. I may not be the biggest New 52 WW fan but it has breathed new life into her and the JL films were nowhere near as bad as that tv series.

I'm going to leave this thread because we obviously have very different tastes. You might feel the need to have a further say in the matter and that is fine but I ask you to do it without the reply or quote buttons calling me back because I do not wish to return. Continuing this would do neither of us any good.

I agree with Lynda that women should write Wonder Woman and I first made this controversial comment about a year and a half again in a post at CBR; and I totally disagree with you that Lynda is just as random as anybody; she's a woman and women should naturally empathize with other women better than men ever will be able to empathize, in terms of fully understanding what a woman is processing in a given situation; and, knowing this, would be important in a comic book context. As I also wrote, a male saying that another male just gets a strong female character holds no weight, as they never define what "getting" the character is supposed to mean; why do they say Perez "got" the character, but somehow, Byrne didn't write a good run, because he somehow didn't get the character as well as Perez? For a male, it's just how you think the character feels her surroundings; you just simply preferred Perez over Byrne because he more closely aligned with your kink. Women just take priority over men in this matter, in terms of "getting" other women. I believe it would work best if a male wrote the environment for a female lead such as Wonder Woman, while a woman should depict her comments and reactions to that environment. It would be instant gold if say, a male created an environment in the mold that Marston wrote Wonder Woman, while a female like say, Amanda Conner, wrote Wonder Woman's response to that environment (e.g. the bondage subtext).

#15 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: like ancient_of_days said,perez was much better than byrne because byne was unable to develop the character as herself,she is not an amazon,not a god,not a human,she is just herself,byrne didn't deliver when it comes to story telling and consistency.

George Perez provided the best representation of what the character of Wonder Woman was and how the character worked. His development of Wonder Woman was taken with much better care and consistency,Perez took great care with not only the story but with the consistency of the character,it made the character what she is to many fans right now due to the fact that dispite the macho male centered focus in the media Perez was able to make it work and produce a character who was on the level of other male heroes,The Olympian Gods in Perez's run were presented in their theological and mythical appearance and held in a much higher regard and they were consistently written that way...they were written in a way that people knew them as for the most part and although they were reinvented, they were consistently written in a way that gives an idea of just how powerful they are and didn't have us scratching out heads as to why we either can't recognize them or why they seem ungodly in any way or that they seemed misrepresented,Also, Perez's Circe, one of Wonder Woman's most developed foes.

Perez also did a better job of integrating other comic characters without misrepresenting them, he made it a habit to keep his stories as consistent as possible,Perez also knew how to make better battle scenes,he built that character damn near from the bottom up and gave fans some awesome comics from start to finish...some of the best comics in Wonder Woman's history,Perez's work is the standard for how Wonder Woman is represented.

#16 Edited by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@dshipp17: like ancient_of_days said,perez was much better than byrne because byne was unable to develop the character as herself,she is not an amazon,not a god,not a human,she is just herself,byrne didn't deliver when it comes to story telling and consistency.

George Perez provided the best representation of what the character of Wonder Woman was and how the character worked. His development of Wonder Woman was taken with much better care and consistency,Perez took great care with not only the story but with the consistency of the character,it made the character what she is to many fans right now due to the fact that dispite the macho male centered focus in the media Perez was able to make it work and produce a character who was on the level of other male heroes,The Olympian Gods in Perez's run were presented in their theological and mythical appearance and held in a much higher regard and they were consistently written that way...they were written in a way that people knew them as for the most part and although they were reinvented, they were consistently written in a way that gives an idea of just how powerful they are and didn't have us scratching out heads as to why we either can't recognize them or why they seem ungodly in any way or that they seemed misrepresented,Also, Perez's Circe, one of Wonder Woman's most developed foes.

Perez also did a better job of integrating other comic characters without misrepresenting them, he made it a habit to keep his stories as consistent as possible,Perez also knew how to make better battle scenes,he built that character damn near from the bottom up and gave fans some awesome comics from start to finish...some of the best comics in Wonder Woman's history,Perez's work is the standard for how Wonder Woman is represented.

For the first time, I can find most of what you said very objective; this is a very objective way of saying how you could see Perez as a better writer than Byrne. However, what I, was saying, and what Lynda appeared to be saying, is taking these objective considerations into account, and all things being equal, the woman writer's representation of Wonder Woman's take on the environment is going to be much more accurate than say Perez or Rucka, even though some men will spout the opinion that Perez or Rucka gets a strong woman better than say Byne, Messner-Loebs, Priest, Luke, JMS, etc; in this regard, they may even say that about Azzarello, even though he seems to be developing a story. Now, some of your more subjective opinions have to do with the first sentence; this would have been a much better post, but for that sentence. What you appear to be saying is Perez put a lot more effort into writing the character than Byrne, and might even be the more talented writer, and that's a very objective opinion that can be tested by an unfamiliar reading with those two runs.

#17 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I like and agree with most of her opinion. Some ask who is she to say it, and I answer that she is a human being like each of us which is all the right she needs.

It is not unusual that a woman would think a woman would write a female character better than a male-- or a gay writer write a better gay than a straight or a Black writer to a Black character. Someone who is not of the same sex/race/gender orientation does not have the same perspective and the result of that is a comic book world filled with only a few standout non-white male characters.

From her recent interview on Superheroes: the Neverending Story, Linda also made a point to mention that her version of WW was not oversexualized or used her sex as a weapon per se as much as she was just a strong hero with clear standards.

#19 Edited by Justthatkid (3010 posts) - - Show Bio

If they kept her with the amount of movies they did with Batman and Superman in the past there would be less fear in giving her a movie.

#20 Posted by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I choose all the above ....

#21 Posted by CuddleBear (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

sweetness kindness in the character fine. but she should also be a blood thirsty warrior sometimes, not some peacenik like carter wants. superman is a sap, batman is a tough sap, wonder woman should be the wildcard. interesting dynamic with the woman being that too. superman and batman are playing dress up, wonder woman is the hard as nails real deal gladiator. and yes women should write her, just not exclusively. women should also write superman and batman too. love gail simone wonder woman. make gail simones wonder woman into a movie it would be great.

#22 Posted by Outside_85 (8171 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than for nostalgia purposes there is no reason to pay any heed to Carter or her opinions, her portrayal of the character clearly worked in 1979, but we aren't in that year and large quantity of water has passed under the bridge since then.

#23 Posted by Joygirl (18741 posts) - - Show Bio

Lynda Carter: "Guys I have a great idea, let's do Golden Age WW! She can bake cookies and give the bad guys really stern no-nos... not too stern though."

#24 Edited by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

sweetness kindness in the character fine. but she should also be a blood thirsty warrior sometimes, not some peacenik like carter wants. .

what. i think i have to leave this forum again.

#25 Posted by CuddleBear (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26 said:

@cuddlebear said:

sweetness kindness in the character fine. but she should also be a blood thirsty warrior sometimes, not some peacenik like carter wants. .

what. i think i have to leave this forum again.

i dont get it explain your internets humor to me