JL: War spoilers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

...so did Wonder Woman ever pay for that ice cream??

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WDW

...so did Wonder Woman ever pay for that ice cream??

Yes by saving the vendors life

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw: she almost killed him before she could save his life though, the way she was swinging that sword near that little girl was to say the least reckless

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deaditegonzo

@archizoom said:

@wdw: she almost killed him before she could save his life though, the way she was swinging that sword near that little girl was to say the least reckless

This is definitely a cultural thing though. As a real world example: If youre American, did you know a lot of foreigners are completely uncomfortable around guns? And from the other side, if you are from a different country, did you know its not uncommon for an American to pull out his gun collection at a get together and pass them around?

That sword is a tool to her, and she is totally comfortable with it. It is an extension of her person. She never meant harm to the vendor, and in her mind, the only time a sword is dangerous is when an unskilled or evil person wields it.

She had to grow on me a bit in the movie, because her culture is so alien. Its really hard to see from her side on a lot of things, and she also seems naive. I think Snyder could take some lessons from this portrayal, because she cant just fit right in, but if she is too alien, and not developed enough to grow on us, her character will be a failure.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I've only seen a fire gun in a domestic situation once because my sister's boyfriend is a policeman and it did make me feel very uneasy, to see an object of murder in front me on the kitchen counter, it was quite an experience lol Also I remember seeing police officers holding machine guns in the subway station in Paris, I felt very unsafe. But even in Themyscira, pointing a sword at someone, like she did to the man selling ice cream, must be seen as an act of hostility. You don't point your guns at random people in public places in America, I hope. Besides swords are instruments of death, swinging a sword needlessly in a public place full of people is just very reckless. All in all she came across as daft, her histrionic voice and body language were a bit ott in my opinion. I didn't like her portrayal but at least she was powerful

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No steve trevor paid for the ice cream he's there to clean up after her after all.