Is Wonder Woman really bulletproof?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@powerwoman: Nope, she doesn't. It's like she's not quite up there with the other powerhouses while she should be. But.. i have not read all her 52 appearances so I can be mistaken.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@aiden_cross: I think the new 52 ww, graphic art is bad...

i dont like it though,bro,you read she new 52 comics?good story.but she power level looks like very low..

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Really? I like the art actually, she actually looks Greek now. =)

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By PowerWoman

@aiden_cross: Yeah,that was question,I dont like Greek graphic art....I'm miss Pre-52 wonder woman graphic art

but New 52 JLA was great,here:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

you like which more?I like JLA. WW..

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I prefer the second picture more. But it's all personal taste =)

Thank god everyone likes different things or the world would lack a lot of diversity!

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PowerWoman

@aiden_cross: LOL!!

though I think "JLA"ww looks like "more powerful"..you know..

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Well she didn't used to (used the wrist band deflection technique), but she'll probably have eye-lasers and telepathy before too long.. oh DC

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Chibio

Originally no. Originally sharp objects (also bullets I guess) were her weakness and she had to deflect them with her bracelets. Yet she was able to take a huge amount of punishment anyway, probably because of the whole made out of Earth theme. You can punch the Earth and it takes the shot, but stab it with a knife and the knife goes through it like it's nothing.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like to see so many kindred spirits in this forum :D

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: wonder woman isn't more inconsistent than most of the other heros,everyone is victim of bad writting sometimes,but we have enough consistent feats to know how powerful she is,in the past,she was concistent at least 70% of the time,now she hasn't had inconsitencies yet,the only problem is the bulletproof thing,she should be bulletproof,the bracelets can still be used in many situations,she doesn't have to be vulnerable against piercing weapons to have an excuse to use the bracelets.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By gokuwarrior

@aiden_cross: well pre 52 wonder woman was shown as a big powerhouse,and even though she was victim of bad writting sometimes,like every character,she was still showing high feats with enoug consistent to prove that she was a real powerhouse,now we still have to wait to see her full power,the problem is that it's taking forever for new 52 wonder woman to show her full power,we should know the full extention of her power by now,the development is taking too long.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

,the only problem is the bulletproof thing,she should be bulletproof

I agree

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

,now we still have to wait to see her full power,the problem is that it's taking forever for new 52 wonder woman to show her full power,we should know the full extention of her power by now,the development is taking too long.

Things are taking too long. I hope we'll see her more fleshed out sooner than later.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not bulletproof (as proven already).

I think she would be extremely injured or dead at a full heat vision blast. It's right there in the scan Gambler posted.

"I feel my bones burn"

It can hurt her.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I want to see wonder woman each blow out a planet in fight

that not exaggerate,wonder woman at least in the superman strength level,who can easily lift earth weight,far stronger than pre-52 superman,and new 52 wonder woman has more power,like she bracelets,a really powerful evil charater to fight with wonder woman that we need,just hope DC not like pre-crisis,creater a lot of street characters even can match PC superman or beat him

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Press Oblivion

She's totally bullet proof and she can beat Superman.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion: almost as strong as superman and more skills,so,yes,she can( dont forgot bracelet trick!)

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can beat Superman with the Bracelets on! LOL.

Lady_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I wondered that too when I read that Injustice issue. As far as i know, she isn't impenetrable like Superman. She just deflects the bullets with the bracelets.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:

Originally no. Originally sharp objects (also bullets I guess) were her weakness and she had to deflect them with her bracelets. Yet she was able to take a huge amount of punishment anyway, probably because of the whole made out of Earth theme. You can punch the Earth and it takes the shot, but stab it with a knife and the knife goes through it like it's nothing.

I guess that makes a lot of sense. But in New 52, she's Zeus blood daughter, so I guess that's nullified now.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess we'll have to wait to see if there is something definitive about her invulnerability . . . But even Batman says Superman & Wonder Woman are the 2 most powerful people on the planet. . .

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@press_oblivion said:

Guess we'll have to wait to see if there is something definitive about her invulnerability . . . But even Batman says Superman & Wonder Woman are the 2 most powerful people on the planet. . .

Take that with a grain of salt, almost every heavy hitter is portrayed as such in their comics.. I think Fate, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, FireStorm (potential - he might lose in a fight) are a few that have been consistently listed specifically above Superman (on the forums) not to mention Prep-batman takes the universe ....

Edit: Current versions though, most are not as impressive and Captain Atom might have been weakened in his last battle with FireStorm, but prior he was becoming godly and had Flashes level of Speed. And MMH is still in question.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PowerWoman

@drgnx: MM,flash,fate,they are was superman level,I dont see why this wrong,MM are can lift earth weight too

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

Take that with a grain of salt, almost every heavy hitter is portrayed as such in their comics.. I think Fate, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, FireStorm (potential - he might lose in a fight) are a few that have been consistently listed specifically above Superman (on the forums) not to mention Prep-batman takes the universe ....

Edit: Current versions though, most are not as impressive and Captain Atom might have been weakened in his last battle with FireStorm, but prior he was becoming godly and had Flashes level of Speed. And MMH is still in question.

Yeah, I totally agree

@drgnx said:
not to mention Prep-batman takes the universe ....

LOL :D

brettjett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By brettjett

For answering this thread's question, I will present #7 of the FAQ section of my "Who is WW?" manuscript Bonus:

#7. Why use bracelets when body armor would be easier?---or why not just make her impervious to bullets like Superman?

Dr. Marston intended to create an alluring feminine superhero with all the strength of a Superman, not the invulnerability of one...nor the other powers of one.

Her vulnerabilities are an important part of her mythos...although she does have a certain level of resistance greater than mortals, her vulnerability to things varies with what kind of thing & how far along in her self development she is. Back in the day, Dr. Marston knew that Superman's invulnerability made for lack of dramatic stories since he's so perfect, and that to make WW imperfect & allow her some vulnerabilities would open the door to some interesting dramas that would keep fans coming back for more--ones where he could convey his sexual-psychological theories and messages by showing first, that despite her amazing abilities she is not an immortal goddess, and secondly, how she works through her vulnerabilities & wins in the end despite them.

But he doesn't leave her completely defenseless. As variably vulnerable or not her flesh may be, her magic Bracelets Of Submission are constantly indestructible. In-story perspective, they serve both as defensive tools against the various murderous weapons of Man's World, and to bind the Amazons to Aphrodite while never submitting to men, sexually or otherwise, by reminding them of their past enslavement by the Greeks. It also protects them from any evil within. Allegory-wise, they stem from Dr. Marston's idea that a woman biggest weakness (& strength) are her emotions, which if out of control causes them to not think, lose their personal power & become “enslaved” to men, naturally becoming submissive. And that if they were to stay disciplined by controlling their emotions & devoting themselves to the virtues of Love, understanding, tenderness, strength of altruism, etc, then they'd retain their personal power & protect them from the bad influences of an appetitively driven world. So in using her bracelets to deflect bullets & other wicked weapons, Dr. Marston was conveying an allegory of real world women using love-discipline to deflect those bad influences.

And the use of body armor would take away from that symbolism (not to mention, in-story perspective, that it'd limit her reach in defending others from bullets), in that it also lacks the emotions control element that makes up the bracelet formula. Only by having control of their emotions can Amazons accurately deflect all the bullets that come at them. Its this emotional control Dr. Marston was trying to emphasize which symbolize a woman's triumph over her one weakness that sabotages all her strengths.

Furthermore, the bracelets are a defensive tool that very much represents the feminine. That is, they stop murderous weapons by deflecting rather than going offensive, which would be masculine...Whatever you send their way could come back to you, so be wise all you villains of the world! Its also why they don't carry Man's World firearms instead. Dr. Marston was trying to promote the wonders of feminine ways. And so the bracelets could also be construed as symbolic of the moon which reflects the sun, which is why the truest representative color of the bracelets is silver...even tho Dr. Marston has mistakenly said/portrayed them as either black or bronze; something I believe he would've corrected had he lived today.

7b* Bracelets: No matter how indestructible those bracelets are, how the heck can she deflect high powered projectiles and not be knocked backwards by the force, and not be bruised by the impact on her wrists?!?

They're magic bracelets...enchanted by Aphrodite. I'm sure they magically absorb the forceful impact, as well as having a magical anti-ricocheting property to them. Just as well, she's super strong

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brettjett: Wow... Awesome point,though i like wonder woman invulnerability

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her invulnerability is curious, I prefer her bullet proof AT LEAST.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PowerWoman
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Press Oblivion

very interesting interpretation.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is Wonder Woman will continue to gain powers and she will always be at least as powerful as Superman. For New 52, my impression is Wonder Woman is now more powerful than Superman since Superman still has lots of weaknesses. Wonder Woman used to have weaknesses in the golden age, silver age and bronze age. Both Superman and Wonder Woman have gained powers over the years to keep up with human technology.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboobs deflects bullets now.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brettjett:

let' make it shorter,superman is super durable,he has a vulnerability to magic but he is durable against everything else,the same with wonder woman,she is super durable,she has a vulnerability to piercing weapons but she is super durable against everything else,so the bottom line is,every hero must have a vulnerable point,a weakness,magic for superman,piercing weapons for womnder woman,but i think her vulnerability to piercing weapons should dusappear.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:she can take a full blast of hit vision,she has done many times before,of curse it can hurt her,but one full blast can't kill her,she can take a lot of them without going down,she has proven to be super durable against everything except piercing weapons,and her weakness against piercing weapons should dissapear.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: this is very strange points.because if superman want to kill wonder woman,he just need use his fingers like bullet to hit wonder woman,that could be easily kill her

i dont want to wonder woman have a vulnerability of piercing weapons

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman:

superman's fingers aren't piercing like bullets,but he could pass through her skin witn a hit,wonder woman can do the same to him,they are strong enough to hurt each other.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: maybe,but i really hate wonder woman have a vulnerability of piercing weapons,writer can give her a new vulnerability,without body vulnerability,like superman vulnerability is magic

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:she can take a full blast of hit vision,she has done many times before,of curse it can hurt her,but one full blast can't kill her,she can take a lot of them without going down,she has proven to be super durable against everything except piercing weapons,and her weakness against piercing weapons should dissapear.

I don't think she's ever been shown to take a full blast of his heat vision. He rarely uses heavy blasts to begin with. I agree her weakness to piercing weapons should go. Then again without it, she'd be even more formidable.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her weakness to sharp objects should go, but shouldn't. It's a weakness a normal human has, making her feel a lot less formidable. She is amazingly durable against blunt force, energy attacks and so on so forth, but the piercing pandemonium feels like a lost causeeeeeeeeee.

But I don't want it to go away, what would be the use of her bracelets? They are probably her most trademark weapon, next to her lasso, of course ... Inconsistency is the most thriving resource for Wonder Woman, so unfair.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62: wow,a long time ago not see you

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TAneT62
gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By gokuwarrior

@pokeysteve:

didn't she take a full blast of heat vision in sacrifice arc when superman was bloodlusted?.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By gokuwarrior

@tanet62:

her bracelets will still be useful,she doesn't need the weakness against piercing weapons,there are still other powerful attacks that can hurt her and take her down eventually,for example there are energy attacks that can hurt her,she can take a lot of them but they could take her down eventually,remember,you can be super durable but every super durable character has a limit about the amount of damage that it can take,the bracelets will always be useful everytime she uses them to avoid damage from very powerful attcks,so she doesn't need the weakness against piercing weapons.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:

didn't she take a full blast of heat vision in sacrifice arc when superman was bloodlusted?.

I don't think so. That was a tiny beam and it burned her. We've seen Superman warm the Earth and split the sea and so on. If it burned her than I don't know if she'd survive a full blast.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

The way I see it; it would be one hell of a fight should Superman and Wonder Woman go up against each other. It wouldn't be over quickly, that's for sure. The big decider would be if WW still has all that magic weaponry, and goes in for the kill.