• 95 results
Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There a few issues I want to address *clears throat* I feel that Wonder Woman is treated like other women who are typically overlooked for their talent (which is not a good thing). I think she needs to emasculate more. She is from a island of strong independent women so it makes sense in a way. She needs to be the type of woman that forces men to get on their knees and beg for it. A simple way of putting it would be more intimidating to the men around her.

Next, She deserves a little more promo and advertising. People need to know who Wonder Woman truly is and what she is all about. We want people to take her more seriously and gain interest in her. DC should focus on making her a bigger character in their brand.

Furthermore, some adjustments need to be made to her and her major flaws need to be fixed. I understand she can't be perfect but she can be close to it. Her appearance and personality shouldn't really define her but more so her heart and soul.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I think she gets a ton of attention from DC ... Especially since N52 launch. Let's go over her resume from the last few years and the upcoming few years: 3 solo titles (WW, Sensation and 1977), pair title (SM/WW) team title with a major role in nearly every issue (JL). 2 TV pilots, although neither made the cut to actual air time, and at least 3 major studio releases (BvS, Solo and JL) with likely at least one sequel with a JL2 film and if she does well a potential solo sequel feature. She's in pretty much every promo piece for JL comics and was a major hit at ComiCon and has been part of the viral marketing for BvS. Johns is headlining her in JL:Darksied War and her solo book has had 5 major DC heavy hitters headlining (Azzarello, Johns, Tomasi, David Finch and Soule) in the last 4 years. Merchandising is probably the only area where DC has not made major WW pushes, but then female action figures have never gotten a ton of love from anyone. But she's much easier to find with Tshirts and other misc merch than almost any other major hero, BM, SM and Spider-Man and maybe a couple of other male heroes have wider selection of clothing and such, but that's about it.

Has her portrayal been perfect? Absolutely not. Has it gotten better ... Debatable, Johns has done a great job in the last year, but Finch, Soule and Tomasi have failed to capture her true spirit. I hope to see more of what Johns has created bleed into the other titles she headlines.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dc is getting Grant Morrison to write her, it's the best thing that's been done for the character in a while.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@maccyd said:

Dc is getting Grant Morrison to write her, it's the best thing that's been done for the character in a while.

You think Morrison's story will be as good as Azzarello's?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I totally missed that in my resume round up!

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jphulk26

@sog7dc said:
@maccyd said:

That won´t be hard.

@csg_cl wonder woman has over the years been treated like a charity case by dc. no movies. no animated show. no continuity with her story, villains, allies, her city. her whole mythos is a mess now, when Rucka actually fixed the whole thing, they went in and killed it again. Simone, went someway to making it work a little bit again, but since then it´s been one horror show after another. DC´s habitual desire to fix ww is destroying her slowly but surely. I hope Morrison´s Earth One does something to rectify this, but somehow I feel that book will never see the light of day. How long has it been now?

Of all the comic titles you´ve mentioned she has never been able to shine on her own. Her world has not come to light. In the W/S joint title, whose villains do they fight? Surely here would be an opportunity to showcase some of her actual villains. Same with sensation comics which is at it´s best when they actually focus on her rather than having her facing off with Batmans villains in Gotham. Her own title is something, well, many people like it, so I´ll give you that. I have enjoyed some of it, but I think they came in with the mentality that ww needed to somehow be fixed and I think far from fixing her they´ve made her story confusing and hard to digest for anyone accept ww new 52 fans who live in a new 52 bubble, thinking that this new story is anymore comprehensible or makes her any more relatable than before. Fact is, most of DC´s characters have been shafted. DC has seemed embarrased somehow by most of it´s characters if they are not Batman or Superman. And now even Superman is getting the same treatement. Batman essentially is the only character DC care about, and it shows in the quality of his product as opposed to the rest of his colleaugues. Superman is the only one who comes even close to having the same quality of stories written about him. Flash, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, all these characters have amazing origin stories, great colorful villains, and amazing characters and characterization to them. Their stories are just as mature and psychologically interesting as Batman, but they just aren´t given a chance or taken seriously. Lucky finally Shazam movies coming out which I hope will be awesome. Manhunter has always been a favorite of mine, with a dark past, his whole race anihilated infront of his eyes, he watched as his wife and children went up in flames, he is truly alone. Surely something can be done with that story. Flash is all quantum mechanics and time travel, which could make for some really cool sci fi alternate reality time travel stories. So when I critisise the way WW is treated, I´m not just singling her out. DC as a whole is way too batman focused.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh I think DC is screwing us over by not finding a replacement to WW who's actually an entertaining character.

Pass the popcorn.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Azzarello was the best thing to ever happen to Wonder Woman.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Oh God, please split that last book into two paragraphs, as its very annoying to read as a big chunk. Also you are wrong on many things. You asked whose villains they fight in Superman/WW? We had DD and Zod & Faora (Supes villains) and we had Magog, Circe, Apollo and Strife (WW). Seems pretty even to me.

You wanna talk about her opportunity to shine? How about when she was practically the only one who dared face Superdoom, or when Batman said WW is his backup plan to destroy Superdoom, or when she defeated Circes army and knocked sense into a mind-controlled Supes, saving him with her lasso, or when she 1 vs 2d Zod & Faora, or held off the League, or how she will be central to the Darkseid war?

Superman fans have to deal with a weak and practically powerless Superman for the rest of the year. Batman fans have a dead Batman with Jim Gordon in a suit. Wonder Woman fans get a full-powered god of war, who is Queen of the Amazons, and according to Geoff John's the heart and future of the Justice League. I think we ended up with the lucky draw within the Trinity. Anyone still complaining about how she is being treated will never be happy, not even if her movie makes a trillion dollars and she gets Gail Simone as writer and she kills the Presence with her power. Some people just love to have something to argue about.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman, Batman & Aquaman has been DC's best heroes for like the past 3 years. She's still killing it with Darkseid War as well.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way to emasculate her even more would be making her grow a beard.

Atek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we go back a couple years ago I would agree what you have said, however, time has gotten better for her. Couples year she only had 1 TV Show and 1 animated solo movie. As time went on she is coming to the spotlight with her new 52 comics and live action. Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are only two female hero's with with their solo film not even Black Widow gets one. Hell if the movies are great DC may say "Hey, her movies made a huge load of money and everybody likes it. Let's milk her more by making a TV show."

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emasculate men more? Force them onto their knees? O_O

That doesn't sound even remotely like any kind of Wonder Woman story I want to read. WTH is wrong with you.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:

@jphulk26: Oh God, please split that last book into two paragraphs, as its very annoying to read as a big chunk. Also you are wrong on many things. You asked whose villains they fight in Superman/WW? We had DD and Zod & Faora (Supes villains) and we had Magog, Circe, Apollo and Strife (WW). Seems pretty even to me.

You wanna talk about her opportunity to shine? How about when she was practically the only one who dared face Superdoom, or when Batman said WW is his backup plan to destroy Superdoom, or when she defeated Circes army and knocked sense into a mind-controlled Supes, saving him with her lasso, or when she 1 vs 2d Zod & Faora, or held off the League, or how she will be central to the Darkseid war?

Superman fans have to deal with a weak and practically powerless Superman for the rest of the year. Batman fans have a dead Batman with Jim Gordon in a suit. Wonder Woman fans get a full-powered god of war, who is Queen of the Amazons, and according to Geoff John's the heart and future of the Justice League. I think we ended up with the lucky draw within the Trinity. Anyone still complaining about how she is being treated will never be happy, not even if her movie makes a trillion dollars and she gets Gail Simone as writer and she kills the Presence with her power. Some people just love to have something to argue about.

I´m very happy. I haven´t been following dc much, just because they´ve gone over whacky land, with their characters and I have little or no interest. Atleast Batman and Supes fans have hundreds of great back volume comics and graphic novels to rediscover until dc get out of their adolescent stir things up for the sake of it phase. And what wonder woman´s powers are and whether she´s the god of war or not is quite irrelivent to me. I still think the whole premise of her story sucks. And by the sounds of it so does batman and supe´s.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not as popular as flags yet she gets way more attention than him in all titles.....*sigh* feminist fans

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah she's fine how she is. She doesn't need to make men fear her.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:
@maccyd said:

I think it will be 100% different, a golden age revisited for the modern times.

I think DC has to promote WW much more, put a A+ list creative team, more books in continuity and expand her family. She only got smww because she is screwing superman

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: oh I compely agree with most of what you said, she is one of the 6 comic book characters in my opinion that has made historic impact socially. My feelings are just because of things like the film of wonder woman for example their going out of their way to find a female director ect, just my opinion is they should focus a lot more on the. Had acted itself than the image. I know we've had disagreements in the past but your knowledge and commitment is admirable. I don't mind WW as a character at all but threads like this piss me off a little because since new 52 espicly in justice league issues flash has hardly any role compared to WW.

The feminist thing was a joke btw because I've noticed espicly on Twitter a lot of people campaigning for WW who have no interest in comics whatsoever but like the fact there's an main female leading comic character to back their point what I meant to say if you press me for it. Is that she has become a tool for some activists to impose their right i prefer the mythos of ax among and how their connected to gods ect more than the fact she's a woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CSG_CL

@jphulk26: Morrison's got a release date for November ... It's happening.

I hear what you are all saying about the ups and downs of WW's mythos. I can't say that I think you are wrong when it comes to the quality and the retcons and such ... But it's not unique to Diana and it's not from DC "neglecting" her. She's vastly more visible than anyone outside of SM and BM in the DC stable at this point. Not liking what they've done is not the same thing as thinking they are ignoring her. Which is why I pointed out all of the exposure she's had in the last few years and what is in the upcoming list. Hopefully we'll get some real quality out of some of these appearances.

From what I've heard thus far DC and WB are planning to capitalize on the gaping hole Marvel left by ignoring Black Widow ... Should be interesting to see how they merchandise and market Diana for the movie releases.

But in the end we have to remember that this is a corporate entity so they are going to follow the money. And let's be honest here, cross overs and reboots and line-wide events sell comics so it's good for her as a revenue generating character to play major roles in these things, even when we don't love the stories that come from them.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I am hoping things get better

It has to get better, her actual writers are so awful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Meredith Finch is just terrible, but David Finch is a high profile artist with a pretty loyal following so it's not shocking that his wife scored the job. Persoanlly don't love David Finch's work, but getting his profile artists on her solo title brings exposure... Too bad the writing is so bad.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
@sog7dc said:
@maccyd said:

That won´t be hard.

In your opinion? That's fair.

@sog7dc said:
@maccyd said:

I think it will be 100% different, a golden age revisited for the modern times.

I think DC has to promote WW much more, put a A+ list creative team, more books in continuity and expand her family. She only got smww because she is screwing superman

I know it'll be different. I was just curious of @maccyd 's opinion about whether he/she thinks he/she will find it as good as Azz's run.

@agent41 said:

@sog7dc: Azz run divided the WW fanbase. That is never a good thing for a any character. Even if his run had good writing from a general point of view. I don't think his writing fit in WW's story and myths(which he really ignored).

Fair enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@somayareece: Meredith Finch is just terrible, but David Finch is a high profile artist with a pretty loyal following so it's not shocking that his wife scored the job. Persoanlly don't love David Finch's work, but getting his profile artists on her solo title brings exposure... Too bad the writing is so bad.

That doesn't give him the right to let his old hag of a wife to publish garbage. We want enjoyment and top of the line storytelling. F the art, we can get any decent new artist with good skills. I have been giving the Fishes free passes but they need to get it together or just give up.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ScouterV

Meh I think DC is screwing us over by not finding a replacement to WW who's actually an entertaining character.

Pass the popcorn.

Such as...?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc said:
@maccyd said:

You've actually asked a really good question, I've thought over it and I still can't decide at this stage. There's no real way to tell at this stage, but Morrison is going for a different type of story than Azz's. Azz modernised WW's Greek myth origins in a long-term story, while Morrison is going to modernise her Golden Age origins in a done-in-one story.

Either way, no matter who "loses", we win ;)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:
@sog7dc said:
@maccyd said:

You've actually asked a really good question, I've thought over it and I still can't decide at this stage. There's no real way to tell at this stage, but Morrison is going for a different type of story than Azz's. Azz modernised WW's Greek myth origins in a long-term story, while Morrison is going to modernise her Golden Age origins in a done-in-one story.

Either way, no matter who "loses", we win ;)

I agree fully.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CSG_CL

@somayareece: LOL ... Fair enough. I'm not a Fishes fan either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I wish Wonder Woman could jump out of the book and smack some sense in to them.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By dernman

If they are and I'm not saying they are it's not purposeful. In fact it seems like they're making an effort with her.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If Wonder Woman fans want Wonder Woman to be more featured they need to get more women into her. I know lots of women who thumb their nose at her that read comics and most male comic readers only seem to care when she's near nude.

Get other women into her comics and DC will treat her like a god.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: DC is a corporation and corporations only respond to the $$$.

Batman only features more because he sells most. It's the same reason why we see RDJ features most for the MCU, but Iron Man is a nobody in the comics. How many times has Iron Man been a top 10 seller in the last year? How many books does Iron Man have? Exactly.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

That doesn't give him the right to let his old hag of a wife to publish garbage. We want enjoyment and top of the line storytelling. F the art, we can get any decent new artist with good skills. I have been giving the Fishes free passes but they need to get it together or just give up.

i don't even think Finch is that good artist...like really? sometimes I don't gets comics industry. But the worst part is DC being okay with a artist putting his newbie wife to write WW that will be in a movie next year and is DC biggest heroine

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Superguy1591
@agent41 said:
@superguy1591 said:

@agent41: DC is a corporation and corporations only respond to the $$$.

Batman only features more because he sells most. It's the same reason why we see RDJ features most for the MCU, but Iron Man is a nobody in the comics. How many times has Iron Man been a top 10 seller in the last year? How many books does Iron Man have? Exactly.

Impact matters. In music you have countless music legends that don't sell as much as current artists. But label needs them because the legends give the labels credibility and they gain a lot with their back catalogues.

I don't know enough about music to make a judgement on that, but that's why Wonder Woman is still a member of DC's all-star team--The Justice League. She's not regulated to Outsiders or JLI.

Iron Man is not a nobody in the comic world. DC cars about mony and that's why WW has her title,her TV show,animated movie,merchandise etc. WW has made a lot of money for DC. She still makes good money for them and now they are aiming to make even more money with her.

Sales wise and in the amount of books he has? Superman and Wonder Woman have way more than him, but, in the last 10 years, Iron Man has featured heavily in 5 movies and is heading for a 6th. Superman has had 2 heading for a third and Diana is heading for 2.

MCU Iron Man is Batman level, in that he's the one that does everything important, but comic Iron Man? Meh.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Yeah, as does Superman, but neither makes the kind of money Batman does so they are all in his shadow.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veronicacris: I agree ... D-Finch is a much better monster guy than anything and his work has been pretty inconsistent on WW ... At least he's evolved her into an adult look now!

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

She needs to be the type of woman that forces men to get on their knees and beg for it. A simple way of putting it would be more intimidating to the men around her.

You just described a Feminazis wet dream. Intimidation isn't really Wonder Woman's thing, inspiration is. She inspires anyone around her to be the best they can and that is the heart and soul of Wonder Woman, sure she's had some flaky writers on her run but she's also had some amazing ones too.

I do agree on her deserving more promotion from DC. I mean yeah, she currently has 3 solo titles and has played a lead character in several other titles but most of those titles are poorly promoted and that is usually based on who the writer is for the books. When Morrison was announced to write Earth 1 Wonder Woman, I noticed the book got plenty of promotion because it was Grant Morrison writing for it. When the Finchs were announced to take hold of the book there wasn't much promotion to the title due to people not knowing much about Meredith Finch. Sensation Comics then came up but since it was a digital first there wasn't much attention towards it. If DC decided to give the book to a different creative team that consisted of well known names such as Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison, Brian Buccellato or their rising star Tom King, people would be more interested in the book.

But I'm sure DC will most likely be letting Snyder have a temporary title for her 75th anniversary that should be coming up next year. So maybe with that she'll gain more publicity among comic book readers. As for other media, that's a whole different monster. I mean she will be getting her own movie in a couple of years so that's pretty cool and who could forget the classic Wonder Woman show?