If you could reboot wonderwoman

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you could reboot wonderwoman and give her a new story and origin would you do it? If so how?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I wouldnt reboot her.

She is just awesome as she is ^_^

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: that's cool I meant to put just leave it as is as option.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why only Wonder Woman?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I just picked her. I could do it for other characters too but then the forum and title would have to change but I might just do it.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

New, no. I'd reset her origins to Perez's post crisis origin.

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: I wouldn't make a exac copy of Perez's origin but I would add new aspects

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have something similar to Perez but where Nubia wasn't taken by Ares and they have a rivalry/frenemy. When for reasons I haven't decided yet one of the amazons has to go to the human world and they fight to decide who. Wonderwoman and Nubia tie but hyppolyta decides Wonder Woman will go. Nubia becomes enraged and either makes a pact with Ares or she just stays on the island stewing in her anger and bitterness. When wonder wonder goes to the human world a teenaged Amazon named Donna Troy sneaks away with her. When Diana finds out she tries to send her back but eventually decides to train her. So they do their superhero thing and eventually a young demi goddess named Cassie Sandmark is inspired by WW to fight crime and she takes the name wondergirl to honor her hero.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would, I would like to reboot the Amazons more than anything. I've devised a story where the Amazons are human and Themyscira is not longer a hidden nation. In this story the first generation amazons were a small tribe of breakaway women that rebelled against the subjugation of women in the ancient world. In the mid 1200's, as war and disease ran rampant across europe, the Amazons abandoned the old disease stricken continent and become the first european settlers in America where they erect Themyscira deep inside the Amazon jungle along the river banks both of which they name after themselves. At 23, every young amazon is sent to the men's world to collect knowledge and get a pregnancy, they mate only with the tallest, strongest men and through eugenics, they evolve into a race of exceptionally tall powerful women. Instead of developing technology, the Amazons would've made important discoveries in the field of magic - spells, potions, sophisticated magical devices, and genetically engineered hybrid animals like unicorns, pegasuses, griffins and water dragons so Themyscira would be quite beautiful, deadly and unique.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By dshipp17

I would reboot Wonder Woman back to her original roots as presented by her creator, William Marston, with a few changes in relation to making the Amazons as known outside of DC. Wonder Woman would be just like any other Amazon, except for being princess. When Wonder Woman wins the contest, it will be due to athletic training, similar to Olympic athletes competing with one another. Actually, I'd make it so that Wonder Woman wins the contest by luck; she would have not advantages given to her by the Olympians; the Olympians would not give her any special gifts, upon leaving Paradise Island. Wonder Woman, in terms of speed, would max out at the level of Quicksilver. Her strength would be that of Rogue from the 1990s X-Men animated series. Her attitude would be that of Wonder Woman created by Frank Miller. This is so, because the Amazons have the same attitude as Azzarello created. Wonder Woman's father would be a man that Hippolyta abandoned in order to return to Pradise Island. Dr. Psycho would move from being Wonder Woman's main antagonist into a sort of anti-hero with Wonder Woman, sort of like the Green Men of Mars with Dejah Thoris; similar to Dejah Thoris, Wonder Woman will take care of various secret threats, while depending on Dr. Psycho's cooperation. Steve Trevor would barely be about to get along with Wonder Woman; in the Justice League, Wonder Woman will be more like Wolverine getting along with the X-Men in 1990s X-Men animated series.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#15  Edited By Outside_85

Atm I wouldn't reboot her, but if I had no choice, I'd keep as much as there currently is but with a few changes in names so we didn't just throw every other Amazon out besides Diana and Hippolyta.

Dessa= Philipus

Aleka= Artemis

Stuff old Finch-witch= Magala

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give her a costume with pants...

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atm I wouldn't reboot her, but if I had no choice, I'd keep as much as there currently is but with a few changes in names so we didn't just throw every other Amazon out besides Diana and Hippolyta.

Dessa= Philipus

Aleka= Artemis

Stuff old Finch-witch= Magala

This, but with Aleka being Artemis older sister

Nipower888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: not rebooting her was a choice. I forgot to put it and was too lazy to fix it.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know that I'd want to reboot her to be honest. I think her N52 portrayal as a character is pretty solid. Good powerset, obviously seen as a top-tier powerhouse, Azzarello's version had a great personality blend showcasing her strength of will, compassion and her fighting spirit (although I'm not sure that's been carried over as much in other books), I am indifferent to demi-god v. clay baby birth, but wouldn't mind seeing more of a focus on Amazon skills in her origin.

If I was to retool her a bit it would be more about bringing back parts of her past and work them into a system rather than trying to cram everything into a solo book.

I'd start with the Amazons, personally I loved the Golden Age depiction best, science, art, healing, reformation and magic and most importantly ingenuity make this version my personal choice for how they should be represented. I'd like to see them shown as the great society they were meant to be rather than the irredeemably flawed warrior only culture we've had in the N52 or the overly pious semi-priestesses creation of Perez

Next I'd move to her supporting cast outside of the Amazons. Bring back Donna Troy as her sister and Cassie as her niece via Lennox, I'd like to have Etta Candy, Julia and Vanessa K and Steve as regular characters too. I don't dislike WW and SM as a couple but I do feel like WW is a more independent character when she's not dating Clark. To be clear I don't think the relationship itself or even the way it's been portrayed has in anyway been bad for Diana, but I do think WW could hold up a corner of the DCU much like GL, SM and BM do if she was given a strong supporting cast that readers could learn to care about. I don't think it's outside of the realm of reality for a WonderGirl book starring Cassie or Donna to sell well and a group book focussed on all things Amazon might be cool too. Convert SM/WW into a team up rather than a pseudo-romance book and suddenly you've got space for Diana to have a solo title that focuses on HER as well as several tangential titles that keep her current with the rest of the DCU without forcing her solo title to feel like an offshoot of the JL title.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@pokeysteve: I wouldn't make a exac copy of Perez's origin but I would add new aspects

I would make her role exact. Have her created with blessings from the gods. Other stuff could be tweaked and added and whatever.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

I would make her role exact. Have her created with blessings from the gods. Other stuff could be tweaked and added and whatever.

I've never loved the whole blessings thing. Two major reasons

1. She didn't have to earn anything ... her original power source was Amazon training, she trained her whole life to become the very pinnacle of her society and this origin always resonated well with me for that reason, she worked hard and earned her abilities.

2. The blessings always made me feel like she was obligated to become the hero. I feel like she had less free will when her powers were at the whim of others. Not just that there was potential for the Olympians to remove the powers, but that there was a sense of obligation to do something with these powers that were given to her. Amazon training and inborn demi-goddess powers give me the sense that Diana herself made the decision to use her power to do good.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl:

1) The demi-goddess origin means she didn't earn her powers either.

2) The blessings can be looked at like the Green Lantern power rings, abilities granted to extraordinary individuals.

3) When people say Diana was just a tool for the gods, I wonder if they read the stories where she outright defies them. This isn't something new that Azzarello introduced.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would make her much younger like 16 17 when she debuts I think that making her younger would have her more appealing to young woman and girls seeing that most of the popular female action heroes are around this age. Then as the series progresses she ages and matures. Create new villains, her rogues gallery is terrible. They lack the character depth of Batman's and Spider-man.

Her supporting characters are terrible too. She needs more cast outside of the Greek myths. Also end SM/WW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I wouldnt reboot her but i would change some things. Like Wonder Woman learning how to use magic from the Greek Gods since she is daughter of Zeus and maybe Amazons having magic powers like Atlanteans. As for Rogue Gallery, Magic and Myths, there is lot of things anybody can do with these themes.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I would reboot her she is doing fine as is.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z:

1. But she chooses to not be a total douchenozzle like her brethren and uses her power to be a force for good not hedonism. She exercises much more free will as a Demi-God than as an avatar-esque character.

2. Which is great for GL and the GL corp, but Diana is a whole different animal. Ultimately I prefer Amazon training to either blessings or Demi-God. She should be a force of nature, not a wielder of other people's power.

3. I didn't say she was a tool of the gods, I said she is better when she isn't beholden to anyone but herself. Defiance of her gods is every bit as beholden to them as blind faith is ... The fact that she MUST defy their will is the issue, you don't defy something that doesn't hold power over you, you ignore it. Azzarello didn't have her defy them, he had her dismiss them, work with them, work against them and get used and manipulated by them ... I prefer the way he built the relationship to having her be an active worshiper of the Olympians.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@pokeysteve said:

I've never loved the whole blessings thing. Two major reasons

1. She didn't have to earn anything ... her original power source was Amazon training, she trained her whole life to become the very pinnacle of her society and this origin always resonated well with me for that reason, she worked hard and earned her abilities.

2. The blessings always made me feel like she was obligated to become the hero. I feel like she had less free will when her powers were at the whim of others. Not just that there was potential for the Olympians to remove the powers, but that there was a sense of obligation to do something with these powers that were given to her. Amazon training and inborn demi-goddess powers give me the sense that Diana herself made the decision to use her power to do good.

I disagree on both points.

1. She had to grow up with them in the same way Clark did just in a different setting. The biggest problem with "learning her abilities" is that it implied that anyone could do it. I believe other characters did too.

2. Comparing her again to Clark who was raised to use his abilities to help everyone he could, Diana was stuck on an island and forbidden to leave. She was the only one out of all the Amazons to want to leave and help where she could. It's as selfless as it gets. She was never really at the whim of others. She's been at odds with Ares, Zeus, Athena, and the Titans and none of them took powers away. You're describing Superman more than Wonder Woman. The demi goddess thing is overdone and unoriginal. To each his own though.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give her all the guns and a bad-ass motorcycle that talks and has the voice of a sassy black man and they'd hail from the future where the Amazonians took over the world and while things were kinda hot they ultimately weren't hot because they killed all the dudes and the sons they had and made them the slaves of the new world and Diana gre w up knowing that that was wrong and so she took her mother's sassy black man mtorcycle and went back in time after hitting 88 m/ph but not before taking all the guns away from her mother's armory and then they come back to our time and she's with the justice league to fight off her evil mom and the hot but mean Amazonians.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:

1. That was how her original concept worked. The Amazons ALL had abilities to rival Diana's. Their training was as much mental as it was physical. They each became the best that they could become. Diana was simply the greatest of them. She grew up in a society that encouraged and cheered her power. Clark was repressed and hidden ... "World of cardboard" and all that ... Nearly the opposite of Diana in fact.

2. She was not "stuck" on the island in any version of the character. We never see some forelorn Diana wishing she could escape some harsh police state. Her mother wished to protect her certainly, but ultimately Diana EARNED the right to leave the island and was allowed to do so because she proved she was the most capable woman for the job. Clark was raised to have values, but he was always encouraged to hide behind his mask where Diana was raised to excell and compete to be the obvious best at everything.

She couldn't be more different than SM IMO ... Her entire background is about pushing her boundaries and becoming more, yet the paradox to this is she is all about restraint at the same time. Her history is all about her family and how it grows as more women join the Amazons. Clark has always been unique ... A stranger in a strange land sort of character. Diana was never similar to that until Perez reinvented her after COIE. Azzarello has taken some aspects of both eras and created something interesting, if not unique. As I said earlier, the Demi-God origin isn't really any better than clay-baby to me, it's all about the other elements IMO.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@pokeysteve:

1. That was how her original concept worked. The Amazons ALL had abilities to rival Diana's. Their training was as much mental as it was physical. They each became the best that they could become. Diana was simply the greatest of them. She grew up in a society that encouraged and cheered her power. Clark was repressed and hidden ... "World of cardboard" and all that ... Nearly the opposite of Diana in fact.

2. She was not "stuck" on the island in any version of the character. We never see some forelorn Diana wishing she could escape some harsh police state. Her mother wished to protect her certainly, but ultimately Diana EARNED the right to leave the island and was allowed to do so because she proved she was the most capable woman for the job. Clark was raised to have values, but he was always encouraged to hide behind his mask where Diana was raised to excell and compete to be the obvious best at everything.

She couldn't be more different than SM IMO ... Her entire background is about pushing her boundaries and becoming more, yet the paradox to this is she is all about restraint at the same time. Her history is all about her family and how it grows as more women join the Amazons. Clark has always been unique ... A stranger in a strange land sort of character. Diana was never similar to that until Perez reinvented her after COIE. Azzarello has taken some aspects of both eras and created something interesting, if not unique. As I said earlier, the Demi-God origin isn't really any better than clay-baby to me, it's all about the other elements IMO.

In both pre and post crisis continuity Diana uses a disguise to enter the contest. Same thing occurs the 2009 animated movie. In JLU, she steals the armor to help during the invasion and is banished for it. Hippolyta since Perez was portrayed as being overly protective of her daughter, rightfully so when you take into account her own history with the outside world.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P.S. Perez's run is some of the campiest hog-poop of all time. His island of porn-Lesbians(not an actual representation of real lesbians, but a male fantasy of one) shouldn't be allowed in modern comics.

Azz's run was a much more entertaining concept.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would mix her mythology with the God of War series

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i would have pick a better actress to play her like Actresses Julia Voth or Erin Cumming from Sparactus.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Agent_Z

@superguy1591 said:

P.S. Perez's run is some of the campiest hog-poop of all time. His island of porn-Lesbians(not an actual representation of real lesbians, but a male fantasy of one) shouldn't be allowed in modern comics.

Azz's run was a much more entertaining concept.

So entertaining he (Azzarello) killed off the only canon lesbian in his run. Btw the Perez Amazons were not lesbians. In fact, they seemed to have no sex drives at all. And I don't think people think "campy" when dealing with stuff like xenophobia and misogyny.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With her runs right now, she's doing good and just fine. But if I really am in need of rebooting, then I might which will result to a change in other aspects. ^^

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z: that doesn't make her a prisoner on the island. It's well known that Hipollyta wanted to protect her only child and that Diana sneaks her way into the competitions (JLU is in no way canon, but she still ends up forgiven and accepted back). Not a word of this changes what I said earlier.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pokeysteve

@csg_cl said:

@pokeysteve:

She couldn't be more different than SM IMO ... Her entire background is about pushing her boundaries and becoming more, yet the paradox to this is she is all about restraint at the same time. Her history is all about her family and how it grows as more women join the Amazons. Clark has always been unique ... A stranger in a strange land sort of character. Diana was never similar to that until Perez reinvented her after COIE. Azzarello has taken some aspects of both eras and created something interesting, if not unique.

It was dumb. Literally anyone could have gotten powers with enough focus and work.

She wasn't stuck in a prison sense but her mother was the queen and no one was allowed to leave. To me, that's stuck. Clark had a family and friends to protect. Diana's friends and family could protect themselves. I was talking more about their origins anyhow.

Her entire background is about pushing her boundaries and becoming more, yet the paradox to this is she is all about restraint at the same time.

If you take this same sentence and swap the pronouns:

His entire background is about pushing his boundaries and becoming more, yet the paradox to this is he is all about restraint at the same time.

They are way more similar than you realize.

As I said earlier, the Demi-God origin isn't really any better than clay-baby to me, it's all about the other elements IMO.

I can get on board with that I think.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The only thing I would do is to pay Azzarello a dump load of money to go back to the title.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: well I believe the idea that anyone could do it was part of the point. Marston was trying to drive home that you would be happier if you submitted to love and that the Amazons had discovered this and thus gained vast power.

WW and SM are on the surface similar, but their motivations and backgrounds are wildly different, almost opposites when you stop to think about it the only real similarity is that she is the ultimate fantasy woman and he is the ultimate fantasy male. I don't love the way Tomasi is writing it, but he's certainly highlighting these differences for us.

Except Diana was allowed to leave when you get right down to it. As did several other Amazons over time. It's not some prison, the concept is they are in Paradise, why would anyone want to leave? Why would anyone wish to see someone leave paradise? It was a sacrifice as much as an honor for Diana to leave to help save the world.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't change a thing

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers