How Powerful is New52 Wonderwoman?

• 149 results
fightobessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, I was just discussing this somewhere else and thought I had a pretty good handle on where she is at...but maybe I was wrong. I was arguing that she was a powerful Class 100 menace, and was argued against with her being about as strong as Luke Cage. I'm not sure what to think anymore...

Wonderwoman

Vs Luke Cage

Vs The Thing

Vs JLU Superman

Vs Captain Marvel

Vs Thor

I think she could put up a fight against anyone on this list, but I'm not sure about wins.

Morals off. Fight to the death.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JustSomeRandomKid

She isn't beating Supes. IIRC her and CM already tied in a fight (forgive me if that wasn't N52). And she isn't beat Thor.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By linkjt

@fightobessed: you mean in a strength comparison only?.

Cage is a 30 tonner at best,new 52 Diana is far above that,she is above The Thing and Captain Marvel by a considerable margin,and below 52 Superman,but not by a massive margin like some people say because after you pass that one feat from new 52 Clark lifting the weight of the earth,you find that the rest of his strength showings are way below planetary strength,now about Thor is hard to say,new 52 WW hasn't enough feats yet,i can't compare her to Thor properly until she gets more feats.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's MUCH stronger than Luke Cage, but admittedly hasn't had many strength feats in the New 52. The only real fights for her on the list are Captain Marvel and Thor, which could both go either way, depending on how well she uses her lasso. Based on what we've seen of her in the New 52 so far (that isn't just conjecture, like people saying she's the 2nd most powerful person on Earth etc), short of going God mode she will probably struggle to take a majority against Thor. Is this pre or new 52 Billy? She'd beat the new 52 version, but hasn't done enough yet for pre new 52.

As good as Azzarello's run on WW has been, it hasn't shown the same combat feats as she had pre new 52.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She isn't beating Supes. IIRC her and CM already tied in a fight (forgive me if that wasn't N52). And she isn't beat Thor.

this is a strength comparison only,if you want to argue about her vs Superman or Thor there are battle threads that you can go to.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: No it's not actually I re-read the OP. It's says Moral Off to the death. How is that a strength comparison?

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Vs Luke Cage - She wins

Vs The Thing - She wins

Vs JLU Superman - She loses EDIT: She wins. Didn't realize this was animated Supes

Vs Captain Marvel - She only wins due to Billy's inexperience but given that he has the powers of the wizard now IIRC, it may be a different outcome

Vs Thor - She loses due to Thor's durability and versatility

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Master-Danny

She is weaker than Superman. Do not know about others, but Thor defeats her easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Below jlu superman, capt marvel and Thor.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vs Luke Cage - She wins

Vs The Thing - She wins

Vs JLU Superman - She loses

Vs Captain Marvel - She only wins due to Billy's inexperience but given that he has the powers of the wizard now IIRC, it may be a different outcome

Vs Thor -

She loses due to Thor's durability and versatility

I agree for the most part but how does she loses to Thor and the animated Superman?

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vs Luke Cage - She wins

Vs The Thing - She wins

Vs Thor -

having the power of the wizard is like the so called god mode from new 52 WW,it means nothing without feats.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Below Supes.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think that new 52 wonder woman would lose to namor

feats wise she isn't even close to other marvel characters

i won't even think about the dc universe, because most of the old power houses there have even less feats

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

Vs Luke Cage - She wins

Vs The Thing - She wins

Vs Thor -

I agree for the most part but how does she loses to Thor and the animated Superman?

I completely missed that this was animated Supes. She loses to Thor cause she hasn't shown the damage output to really take him out. He has shrugged off being in the core of a star, tanked being hit so hard that it shook the entire planet. He has shown to be able to tolerate immense pain, shown great damage soak, and easily fight without organs.

As for versatility, he can easily hit her with an omni-directional lightning, or BFR her to space with wind manipulation, suffocating her. Let's not forget his strikes can without a doubt KO her considering just the shock-waves from them can destroy planets and even damage moons miles away. Her only hope here is her sword

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezame said:

i think that new 52 wonder woman would lose to namor

feats wise she isn't even close to other marvel characters

i won't even think about the dc universe, because most of the old power houses there have even less feats

she still has the speed advantage and skill advantage over Namor.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: While this is true, it's hard to say considering the wizard is a skyfather ....but regardless, due to this uncertainty, I already stated she'd win

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: While this is true, it's hard to say considering the wizard is a skyfather ....but regardless, due to this uncertainty, I already stated she'd win

Ok,honestly Billy hasn't done anything in the new 52 so far,unless he has done something recently,going by feats new 52 Diana is stronger,faster and more durable.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

Ok,honestly Billy hasn't done anything in the new 52 so far,unless he has done something recently,going by feats new 52 Diana is stronger,faster and more durable.

I disagree. Yes, he hasn't had much of a chance to shine in the New-52 but with the little he has shown, he is capable of putting up a fight. Keep in mind, I never said he'd win. I however stated that he'd lose due to his unfamiliarity of his powers and him being inexperienced in combat.

He has showed impressive speed as well as strength. He's moved so fast people couldn't see him, and he's also sent Supes flying with a punch. Unlike WW who is susceptible to piercing damage, he is not; as he can ignore gun fire. He is also believed to be as powerful as Black Adam and Adam has fought evenly with an amped Ultraman in their second encounter. Don't get me wrong, he has little to no feats but he by no means loses easily

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shawnbaby
@linkjt said:

@justsomerandomkid said:

this is a strength comparison only,if you want to argue about her vs Superman or Thor there are battle threads that you can go to.

If this isn't a battle...it doesn't belong in the Battle Forums. Things like Strength Comparisons are more at home on the character's Forum...you can find Diana's here

Although the fact that the OP mentions Morals off does seem to make it a battle.

A bit of Spite putting her up against Luke Cage and Thing though though

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4:

How good is Thor against an atom splitting sword?

He will be harmed by it but that's what I mentioned versatility for. It's not in character for her to blitz as soon as a fight starts, regardless of morals. Also note that Thor has been shown to be durable to cutting damage that even adamantium blades struggle to penetrate his skin

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By emad_ishtiaque

@linkjt: They are going more into his magical powers now it seems. It can basically wish for stuff he wants

No Caption Provided

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: yes i noticed later,i was sure that i didn't see that on the OP the first time,i guess i missed it.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emad_ishtiaque: cool,but it still doesn't say much about where he ranks compared to other powerhouses in the new 52.

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: Yeah, he hasn't really shown anything. And since it doesn't seem he is getting his own comic, I don't see that happening soon.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In all Facts I think Wonder woman can take Out any body on this with Morals off . YEs even superman. I am not going to underestimate her at all . SHe is a dangerous Character with her Bracelets off this could be a bit tricky. Her Lasso gives her too much Advantage IMO

1 . Every Character here is a Brawler

2. Every Character can get Caught with the lasso. The JLU Superman has no chance .

3. I am not sure What Thor will do to stop her but he is a Brawler also he going to want to fight wonder woman and she will let him submit with the lasso damn even revert him back to Human and finish him .

4. WOnder woman is not only fast but she is one of the most dangerous fighters ..

5. Her arsenal and speed and fighting ability does give her the edge.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She clears. Captain Marvel still has like zero feats and Thor is theoretically debatable but she should win a majority especially with her recent buffs and standard equipment weapons.

JLU Superman is actually FAR inferior to comic Thing btw.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I ask a simple question? Why JLU Supes? That's kind random. Just pick post crisis Supes or Nu52 Supes.

To answer the question on how powerful she is now, I'd say if DC continues to buff her she's gonna be ridiculously OP. She's already kinda there imo. The mere fact that she can remove her bracelets any time she wants without consequence is pretty bad. But now she can shoot projectiles and is the new God of War. I love WW but DC needs to chill out.

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 Wonder Woman is the strongest in the universe <3 and Superman is her equal :)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jayc1324: No way JLU Superman beats Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: that superman fought Darkseid, I wonder if you watched the shows. He and everyone above him on this list would beat her.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's MUCH stronger than Luke Cage, but admittedly hasn't had many strength feats in the New 52. The only real fights for her on the list are Captain Marvel and Thor, which could both go either way, depending on how well she uses her lasso. Based on what we've seen of her in the New 52 so far (that isn't just conjecture, like people saying she's the 2nd most powerful person on Earth etc), short of going God mode she will probably struggle to take a majority against Thor. Is this pre or new 52 Billy? She'd beat the new 52 version, but hasn't done enough yet for pre new 52.

As good as Azzarello's run on WW has been, it hasn't shown the same combat feats as she had pre new 52.

It's not conjecture, Batman explicitly said it. The relationship with Superman was announced as an earth-shaking relationship between the 2 mightiest beings on Earth in dc's website and social media which is actually the closest thing to a reliable source. And she can certainly beat Superman without God-Mode, let alone kill him

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: That darkseid got hurt by the bat kick. Wonder Woman stomps JLU Superman and JLU darkseid.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_raven said:

It's not conjecture, Batman explicitly said it. The relationship with Superman was announced as an earth-shaking relationship between the 2 mightiest beings on Earth in dc's website and social media which is actually the closest thing to a reliable source. And she can certainly beat Superman without God-Mode, let alone kill him

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that we've seen other characters in the New 52 who it's arguable are more powerful like Captain Atom and Martian Manhunter, and others like the Flash who could beat her in combat. I didn't mention Superman? This is the animated version anyway, so she'd have no trouble there.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By Lvenger

As of today, New 52 Wonder Woman is significantly less powerful than New 52 Superman or New 52 Martian Manhunter, that much is certain.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

As of today, New 52 Wonder Woman is significantly less powerful than New 52 Superman or New 52 Martian Manhunter, that much is certain.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

It may pee off a lot of Wonder Woman fans that both Superman and J'onn got the massive strength feat to accomplish together, whereas in old canon all 3 pulled The Earth.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Why today? Sounds like I may have missed something >_>

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MPfly88

@madflavor said:

@lvenger said:

I believe they're referring to the feat Superman and J'onn accomplished. They basically pushed Brainiac's Mothership, a ship mind you that looks to be at around times bigger than Earth.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 frozen  Moderator

@madflavor: Both Superman and Martian Manhunter pushed away Braniac's ship, which looks 100x bigger than Earth.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By Lvenger

@mpfly88 said:

@madflavor said:

@lvenger said:

I believe they're referring to the feat Superman and J'onn accomplished. They basically pushed Brainiac's Mothership, a ship mind you that looks to be at around times bigger than Earth.

Yep that ship dwarfs Earth by a huge margin and was falling at 36,000 mph yet Superman and MMH pushed the ship out of Earth's orbit into space. Eat your heart out Hyperion and your rogue planet :P

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It only says that the ship is bigger than the planet and travelling at 36,000 miles or km per hour or something which makes it a far more greater feat than a 100x bigger ship but sitting still in space.

Hooray for the feat, this makes Wonder Woman with bracelets-on a planet pusher herself since she is a peer of those guys.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@grandwonder said:

It only says that the ship is bigger than the planet and travelling at 36,000 miles or km per hour or something which makes it a far more greater feat than a 100x bigger ship but sitting still in space.

Hooray for the feat, this makes Wonder Woman with bracelets-on a planet pusher herself since she is a peer of those guys.

It doesn't make Wonder Woman a planet mover herself at all. She needs to prove she can perform such a feat.

It's also far bigger than the planet and could crush The Earth, it's speed makes it harder to push against due to it's mommentum (mass x velocity).

GrandWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, she proved she's as strong as 2 supercharged Kryptonians with bracelets on. What more if she removes her bracelets.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can't even go to space, so I'd say not very much.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mpfly88 said:

@madflavor said:

@lvenger said:

Yep that ship dwarfs Earth by a huge margin and was falling at 36,000 mph yet Superman and MMH pushed the ship out of Earth's orbit into space. Eat your heart out Hyperion and your rogue planet :P

Well then....all I have to say is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLBy4LIZ24&t=1m40s