#1 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

there seem to be competing ideals for her muscularity

where do you think she should fall?

#2 Edited by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite athletic and fit but not actually ripped and not bulky at all.

#3 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Athletic, fit, some fat in her thighs for femininity(When it all looks muscled..no..).

Masculinity should in no way be associated with her, it just brings the message that women need to be muscled to be powerful.

#4 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy:

but she's like, a warrior, shouldn't she be built like one?

#5 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Muscular and lean. She should be well defined.

#6 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy:

If you're using a masculine view of a warrior ---all muscle. She's not a body builder, though she's got an athletic feminine body(toned).

#7 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@wboy:

If you're using a masculine view of a warrior ---all muscle. She's not a body builder, though she's got an athletic feminine body(toned).

well, it's hard to carry all that armor without muscle under it

she's clearly not a ninja or anything, she uses broadswords and bronze armor

also, why is muscle automatically "masculine"

#8 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the 3rd picture in the OP is the best of the pictures. however, i absolutely love how wonder woman is drawn in the New 52. they perfectly combined her attractiveness and strength. isn't her strength kind of magical? so she doesn't really need to be ripped to be strong, she naturally has that strength

#9 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

well, it's hard to carry all that armor without muscle under it

she's clearly not a ninja or anything, she uses broadswords and bronze armor

also, why is muscle automatically "masculine"

I'm pretty sure she wears a leotard.

No she wears a leotard and swords don't require 20 pounds of muscle to use.

Why isn't it?

#10 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy said:

I'm pretty sure she wears a leotard.

No she wears a leotard and swords don't require 20 pounds of muscle to use.

Why isn't it?

with iron over it (and usually bronze armor when stuff gets serious, and most of the other amazons wear bronze armor)

well, she has all sorts of strength feats, you's think taht would at least imply some sort of muscle

that's a pretty vague answer

#11 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

She should look strong and solid. Certain words can convey certain ideas, there are differences in strength and what muscular can mean. Bodybuilders can be muscular, strongmen can look muscular, but a weight lifter and a strongman can look very different. The way I see Wonder Woman personally is sort of like the female equivalent of Captain America physique wise. She shouldn't look like she is on roids or spends excessive time in a weights room isolating certain muscles with certain exercises. She actually has a more natural strength from engaging in more natural strenuous activities.

#12 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

with iron over it (and usually bronze armor when stuff gets serious, and most of the other amazons wear bronze armor)

well, she has all sorts of strength feats, you's think taht would at least imply some sort of muscle

Assuming it is iron, I doubt it weighs so much she couldn't easily walk around with it. Human soldiers carry up to an extra 90lbs.

Yeah, toned, an some muscle, how she usually looks.

Muscle is a defining feature with males. Muscle=more masculine.

#13 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

She should look strong and solid. Certain words can convey certain ideas, there are differences in strength and what muscular can mean. Bodybuilders can be muscular, strongmen can look muscular, but a weight lifter and a strongman can look very different. The way I see Wonder Woman personally is sort of like the female equivalent of Captain America physique wise. She shouldn't look like she is on roids or spends excessive time in a weights room isolating certain muscles with certain exercises. She actually has a more natural strength from engaging in more natural strenuous activities.

could you give an image that matches what you think would be the ideal?(please?)

@wboy said:

Assuming it is iron, I doubt it weighs so much she couldn't easily walk around with it. Human soldiers carry up to an extra 90lbs.

Yeah, toned, an some muscle, how she usually looks.

Muscle is a defining feature with males. Muscle=more masculine.

yeah, but she also carries moons and stuff

fair enough

some women are really muscular, and some men are really thin

#14 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

fair enough

So does Superman but he's not moon sized.

Well we can't make Superman really thin just cuz there's skinny men around. You can't appeal to all groups.

#15 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy said:

fair enough

So does Superman but he's not moon sized.

Well we can't make Superman really thin just cuz there's skinny men around. You can't appeal to all groups.

I'm not saying moon-sized (Superman usually is pretty buff, though)

and Superman is muscular becasue it represents physical strength, if he was mind-based it would be fine; and WW is also physical based

#16 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying moon-sized (Superman usually is pretty buff, though)

and Superman is muscular becasue it represents physical strength, if he was mind-based it would be fine; and WW is also physical based

I don't think their powers should orient the way they look. The Flash's metabolism should've left him anorexic but he's not. Instead I think their characters do. Superman is an idol for many, and so looks the part as a model to strive towards. In the same way, Wonder Woman is the same. Always protecting and defending all though oriented towards the idea of women. She shows you don't have to look like a man to be as powerful as one.

#17 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy said:

I don't think their powers should orient the way they look. The Flash's metabolism should've left him anorexic but he's not. Instead I think their characters do. Superman is an idol for many, and so looks the part as a model to strive towards. In the same way, Wonder Woman is the same. Always protecting and defending all though oriented towards the idea of women. She shows you don't have to look like a man to be as powerful as one.

well, most runners are pretty built (and Flash eats a lot)

and why do you think Muscular women automatically look like men?

#18 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not getting the point, he's an idol, his bodyis not a literal representation of his powers.

..And you don't?

#19 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy said:

You're not getting the point, he's an idol, his bodyis not a literal representation of his powers.

..And you don't?

but it should at least resemble his powers

and no, some are very feminine (do you want pictures of what I mean?)

#20 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Superheroes who rely on physical traits in combat should look like those who are physically superior: athletes. Look at Olympic athletes, and you will see how I think Wonder Woman (and other heroes) should look like. Most aren't super cut up like body builders on steroids, but their physique conveys speed and power. Oh, and to whoever said the Flash should be skinny due to his metabolism should check out your average 100m sprinter. Those guys have insane metabolisms (2-4% subcutaneous body fat) and yet they are bigger and stonger than the slower distance runners.

Wonder Woman grew up training on a daily basis and is known to be fast, strong, agile, and beautiful. Her body needs to reflect that.

#21 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

Superheroes who rely on physical traits in combat should look like those who are physically superior: athletes. Look at Olympic athletes, and you will see how I think Wonder Woman (and other heroes) should look like. Most aren't super cut up like body builders on steroids, but their physique conveys speed and power. Oh, and to whoever said the Flash should be skinny due to his metabolism should check out your average 100m sprinter. Those guys have insane metabolisms (2-4% subcutaneous body fat) and yet they are bigger and stonger than the slower distance runners.

Wonder Woman grew up training on a daily basis and is known to be fast, strong, agile, and beautiful. Her body needs to reflect that.

yes, this

#22 Edited by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

Honestly I agree with this. I think Wonder Woman needs to have a physical presence seeing as she is a warrior with a very physically oriented powerset. However I feel she doesn't need to be over blown or be excessive in her physique. A lot of people have commented similarly and I'd just back that up with this pic. I think this is how Wonder Woman is usually portrayed in my brain. It makes sense for her to have musculature and definition, also I rather disagree about muscles not being feminine. A good physique is a good physique, it isn't particularly gender oriented.

#23 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite athletic and fit but not actually ripped and not bulky at all.

agreed

#24 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkday: that is a good amount of muscle

#25 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman should be have a little some muscle,though she power is magic not 100%Physical,so she not need too muscle

like she:

#26 Edited by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a pretty good photoshopped image of what Diana would look like:

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Wonder-Woman-318122254

#27 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by The Stegman (25516 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak: that is a perfect live wonderwoman.

#31 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

she should look like Amber DeLuca

#32 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: that a little too much muscle

#33 Edited by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman

Wow... death by snu snu much?

#35 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her like this.

#36 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by lilben42 (2593 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Outside_85 (9939 posts) - - Show Bio

Chiang manages to convey the idea I have of how she should be built rather accurately.

#39 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio
as buff as she is curvy

#40 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: why not? even in the comics book wonder woman have muscles

#41 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (772 posts) - - Show Bio

This is as muscular as Wonder Woman needs to be.

This is a perfect representation of girl power...

If a tank rolled on stage and Beyonce picked it up and crushed it, no one would even be surprised. Her personal muscularity is irrelevant.

#42 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorpio_cassadine: wonder woman should be look like "strong",your picture is beatiful but just not good for wonder woman

#43 Posted by BlackWind (7049 posts) - - Show Bio

The third image in the OP is perfect. Seems some people wanna have her look like an iron pumping juice head.

#44 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:
as buff as she is curvy

I like this one.

#45 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Athletic and fit while maintaining that body :)

#46 Posted by lilben42 (2593 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: There is a line between fit and athletic and just gross. Beyonce actually has the perfect body for Wonder Woman. Gina Carano too but they shouldn't be Wonder Woman in live action.

#47 Posted by RustyRoy (13554 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: She has the perfect body for WW. What's her height?

#48 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: no Idea bru, just watch in youtube and read

or google mari brennan

#49 Edited by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman said:

@scorpio_cassadine: wonder woman should be look like "strong",your picture is beatiful but just not good for wonder woman

Wonder Woman is beautiful, more so than any other heroine. It's in her power set that she's "As beautiful as Aphrodite" and that's the way she should look.

#50 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@scorpio_cassadine: she is beatiful,but just not enough powerful

@lilben42 said:

@powerwoman: There is a line between fit and athletic and just gross. Beyonce actually has the perfect body for Wonder Woman. Gina Carano too but they shouldn't be Wonder Woman in live action.

i know,but if a woman have strength enough moved earth she should be look like very strong,not just beatiful