How Diana being God of War will affect her personality?

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The question is in the title. How her new status as God of War affect her? Will she get darker eventually becoming an antihero? Will she go bad and be forced to give her power up? Or will it be that nothing changes? I think we will see a darker Diana., which will effect her supporting cast and her relationships with other heroes. What do you think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@darkman61288:

Batman is the Dark Knight and he isnt neither antiher or villiain. Why would affect her ? Unless if she drank with power, i dont see a reason why would affect anything.

None of Gods dont seem villiains unless you cross them.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bezza

..or will Ares come back? I mean I thought the idea of Greek Gods was that they were immortal...

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she should be unbeatable in battle.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, just Azzerello trolling pre-new 52 fans, making Diana God Of War. I have to say he is funny. Guys a proper troll. Even looks like one.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jphulk26:

Hey what?! Azzarello looks like a troll?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Why would it change anything? All it is is a title more or less. Nothing about her changed.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: dont know so far she has rejected the title until now i guess she well be a little more aggressive her super hero friend would be a little freak out about since there all about keeping the peace.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Yet, the Gods are personifications of concepts thus their power and feelings are drawn from them. Diana is now powered by war thus she now depend it on it. Every act of war would either power her up or cause pleasure.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@darkman61288 said:

@fallschirmjager: Yet, the Gods are personifications of concepts thus their power and feelings are drawn from them. Diana is now powered by war thus she now depend it on it. Every act of war would either power her up or cause pleasure.

And yet...Ares' personality didn't change all that much. Neither did whats-her-name (Zeus' wife) when she was depowered.

Even so, if Diana isn't exactly weak-willed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that WW being the god of war is a great way to explore the dichotomy of her character. Yes, she's now the walking embodiment of war, but I feel like that also lends a hand in her appreciation for life and peace. I don't think WW being the god of war should make her evil, that seems too obvious (and stupid, IMO) a direction to go. I'd love it if it provided a window to view her personally dealing with war and peace and her role in both.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divingfalcon713: She's the Goddess of War-Against-Evil as peace needs to be fought for for as long as there's evil in the world, whereas before she was a soldier for this cause. She's a God now.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our capacity for mercy is what separates us from beast... But it is only in the qualities of cruelty, violence, and, war that we can truly measure a mans soul... To sum up our humanity, is to travel a road that separates divinity from depravity... an abyss of tempestuous lusts indulged by ape and god alike...

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Nu52 Wonder Woman has now become the true form of a Kratos knock off. How sad and pathetic But what do I know you New 52 fans have such poor taste you don't deserve to be called Wonder Woman fans.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who knows hopefully ares comes back and gets it back and goes back to being a villain and not looking like azz himself.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I honestly think it's just gonna give her a power boost for now, then once this whole arc is over she will give the position up.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: lol, guess fans of New 52 Wonder Woman are fools for liking good writing, yes?

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Er, I KNOW I don't follow WW on a regular basis- but becoming the God(not Goddess?) of War really doesn't seem compatible with being a self styled Ambassadress of peace and understanding! Granted, Diana may have been trained as a warrior as befits her Amazon heritage( as have several Marvel heroes and heroines, Captain America, Wolverine, Ms.Marvel, Moon Knight), but that is far from enjoying or glorying in battle and the shedding of blood as Gods of War, be they Ares/Mars or his Asgardian counterpart Tyr seem to do. My personal view is that outside of direct self defence, war is a dubious proposition( pace "regime change" in Iraq for a real life case)

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darkman61288

I guess I was right about it affecting her.

Well more like September futures end for now:

WONDER WOMAN: FUTURES END #1

Advance solicit • On sale SEPTEMBER 17

32 pg, FC • RATED T

3-D Motion Edition: $3.99 US

2-D Standard Edition: $2.99 US

Her humanity lost forever, Wonder Woman embraces her true nature as the God of War to battle the armies of Nemesis!

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: FUTURES END #1

Advance solicit • On sale SEPTEMBER 10

32 pg, FC • RATED T

3-D Motion Edition: $3.99 US

2-D Standard Edition: $2.99 US

The battle between the God of War and Nemesis can only spell doom for humanity – but can Kal restore Diana to her senses before it’s too late?

oh Really? I knew it would happen. Azzarello probably has nothing to do with it

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By Erik

I'm very excited to find out what's in store for her.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the link to it.

link

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Superman's just gonna save Wonder Woman again and again and again. This makes sense because according to Batman, Wonder Woman's not as good of a person as Superman so now her power's going to go straight to her head revealing her true colors but luckily for Humanity Superman will re-evangelize her because he's pure, besides being 10 times more powerful and smart.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: what im surprise is why are they calling him kal instead of superman and in action comic future end supposedly he disappear

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArchiZoom

@darknightspideyfanboy: maybe he went looking for Wonder Woman's humanity. Knowing Grant Morrison he may have Superman travel back and forth in the timestream and between Universes in search of Wonder Woman's humanity

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tyger

@archizoom said:

@darknightspideyfanboy: maybe he went looking for Wonder Woman's humanity. Knowing Grant Morrison he may have Superman travel back and forth in the timestream and between Universes in search of Wonder Woman's humanity

Oh, oh! Just like Steve Carel in Dinner for Schmucks!