How about Angelina Jolie as WW Movie Director?

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well, the role has been reportedly offered to a female director but no name was mentioned and still unconfirmed if she'll accept it. For an action-pack-girl-empowerment film like this, I would like to suggest Angelina Jolie to direct the film. I mean, she's a good actress and been on the action genre for years. With the likes of her films like Salt, Tomb Raider, Maleficent, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and many more so it'll be easier for her to direct action scenes with a Superheroine as the main cast plus she could be cast as Hippolyta. She also received an Honorary Dame since her speech about ending sexual violence in war zones made a deep impact to everyone especially to women. This is just my suggestion guys, but ofc there are other directors who would be best fit as Wonder Woman director.

:)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Had it been 10-15 years ago, I'd have liked to see Jolie as Diana. Not now though and not in the directors chair either (where she has no experience).

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Had it been 10-15 years ago, I'd have liked to see Jolie as Diana. Not now though and not in the directors chair either (where she has no experience).

She directed In the land of blood and honey, I haven't seen the movie but it had average ratings. She also directed Unbroken which will be released this year, so if it's good I'm willing to give her a chance.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB is behind Marvel and are doing their best to catch up. A female comic book movie hasnt been done and they are nervous about whether it will be as profitable. Having an inexperienced director do this risky movie would be a terrible idea. She could get lucky and do an amazing job, I just dont think WB is willing to take that risk.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK about Jolie as a director of the film, I guess it could work. She certainly know both drama and action acting equally. I wouldn't mind seeing her cast as role in the movie either.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@averywetfrog: chances are too thin actually, but I believe it'll be a good one since most of her films are into actions.

She certainly know both drama and action acting equally.

Yeah! But I think WB probably won't even consider that, it's fine tho.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When her directorial debut hasn't even been released? This is a bad idea.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad Pitt says she's a great director, I'll take his slightly biased word for it. A Jolie connection would get a lot of publicity and could pique a lot of non-comicbook fan interest.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FoamBorn

Why not, hiring amateurs to handle Wonder Woman related stuff is in today's menu apparently. Having already put Meredith Finch on writing duties, cast Gal Gadot for Wonder Woman's grand Hollywood debut, the next logical step is to get Angelina Jolie to direct the movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RustyRoy

She already made her directorial debut.

@foamborn said:

Why not, hiring amateurs to handle Wonder Woman related stuff is in today's menu apparently. Having already put Meredith Finch on writing duties, cast Gal Gadot for Wonder Woman's grand Hollywood debut, the next logical step is to get Angelina Jolie to direct the movie.

And what's wrong with that? And anyways from what I've heard WB is trying to get experienced directors.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@silverpool said:

It's out!?

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@silverpool said:

It's out!?

In the Land of Blood and Honey, released in the year 2011. And her upcoming drama films, Unbroken and By the Sea.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

And what's wrong with that? And anyways from what I've heard WB is trying to get experienced directors.

Nothing I guess, it's not like the professionals knock it out of the park every single time, they might as well take a gamble on no-name rookies. The criteria behind their choices, or lack thereof, is what really confuses me though. Meredith wrote an impressive total of 2 comic books in her career that were not good yet she's a "superstar" already, she's not even knowledgeable about Wonder Woman but she got the job somehow. Likewise I'm not sure what makes Angelina Jolie an option, why would anyone put her up for consideration? is it because she's pretty and everything should come to those who are beautiful?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@foamborn said:

@rustyroy said:

Nothing I guess, it's not like the professionals knock it out of the park every single time, they might as well take a gamble on no-name rookies. The criteria behind their choices, or lack thereof, is what really confuses me though. Meredith wrote an impressive total of 2 comic books in her career that were not good yet she's a "superstar" already, she's not even knowledgeable about Wonder Woman but she got the job somehow. Likewise I'm not sure what makes Angelina Jolie an option, why would anyone put her up for consideration? is it because she's pretty and everything should come to those who are beautiful?

About the bolded part: more than likely Nepotism. She could be a brilliant writer for all I know, but for her debut to be a big title like Wonder Woman, while her husband is one of DC's biggest artists seems too coincidental to ignore.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i rather have Angelina for hippolyta

No Caption Provided

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@rustyroy said:

Using that logic Meredith Fitch wouldn't have gotten the job, bless her heart.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

About the bolded part: more than likely Nepotism. She could be a brilliant writer for all I know, but for her debut to be a big title like Wonder Woman, while her husband is one of DC's biggest artists seems too coincidental to ignore.

Yeah of course it was nepotism, appointing Meredith on account of her marriage to David Finch, of all people, then referring to them as "the new superstar creative team" strikes me as some kind of joke

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the exception of Clay Mann, she's far more beautiful than any man working in comic books that I know of

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

With the exception of Clay Mann, she's far more beautiful than any man working in comic books that I know of

Really?

No Caption Provided

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheBlondeGod
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bigcimmerian

hahahahahahhahaha no

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

WB is behind Marvel and are doing their best to catch up. A female comic book movie hasnt been done and they are nervous about whether it will be as profitable. Having an inexperienced director do this risky movie would be a terrible idea. She could get lucky and do an amazing job, I just dont think WB is willing to take that risk.

Plenty of female comic book movies have been done.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

youre right, i should have worded that better. no profitable female CBM has been made. and none of them were well received.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@averywetfrog said:

@fallschirmjager said:

youre right, i should have worded that better. no profitable female CBM has been made. and none of them were well received.

I'm aware of what you were trying to say, but my facetiousness couldn't resist.

In any case, Katherine Bigelow seems to be the name people think is going to do it, in which case, everyone can calm down since she is fantastic.