Has Wonder Woman ever testified in court?

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes I KNOW that Wonder Woman( like Superman but unlike Batman) doesn't wear a mask, but her identity as Diana Prince is still secret, how can she testify in open court to help convict criminals( whether run off the mill "ordinary" perps or supervillains)?

It's true that CIA operatives or members of special forces such as the US Navy SEALs or British SAS have their identities protected by government from likely retribution by jihadists(esp in the wake of the killing of AQ leader Osama Bin Laden in May 2011by the former), but unlike superheroes(whose responsibilities are FAR greater than any "spook" or SEAL), neither group testifies in open court.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By dshipp17

@paracelsus said:

Yes I KNOW that Wonder Woman( like Superman but unlike Batman) doesn't wear a mask, but her identity as Diana Prince is still secret, how can she testify in open court to help convict criminals( whether run off the mill "ordinary" perps or supervillains)?

It's true that CIA operatives or members of special forces such as the US Navy SEALs or British SAS have their identities protected by government from likely retribution by jihadists(esp in the wake of the killing of AQ leader Osama Bin Laden in May 2011by the former), but unlike superheroes(whose responsibilities are FAR greater than any "spook" or SEAL), neither group testifies in open court.

She's testified in court in at least one occasion that I'm aware of; it was in the Kate Spencer: Manhunter issues; those issues reference a prior court situation where she was defending herself or on trial for snapping Maxwell Lord's neck.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

there is also from golden age

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Depends on if 'Diana Prince' is an ID Diana wants to keep or not, since it's not actually her real name.

Thing is though, that Diana, during most of her post-Crisis life, didn't actually bother with keeping her identity a secret because she didn't feel there was a need to hide who she was. Like, WML had her living in a friends basement and work in a fast food joint as Wonder Woman when Paradise Island disappeared. Also, today it would, to me, just feel out of her character to actually invent a persona to hide behind and to blend in with normal people.

In regards to a court, Diana would show up as herself, even if a secret ID is possibly spoiled, she's confident enough in herself to see off any attackers, plus any attackers would then know they are playing ball with one of the most powerful beings on the planet.