• 76 results
TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

i know a lot of people are raging about a model being cast in a iconic role but lets all think for a moment. back in the 70's who ever heard of mark hamill carrie fisher or even harrison ford before star wars? they were unknowns themselves. some can argue ford was in american graffitti but nobody ever thinks of ford and that role. i may be in the minority but i loved man of steel and i believe zack snyder did a fantastic job. now if he can do the same for wonder woman i think gal gadot can really bring it to life. now before anyone decides to say oh shes a model or to skinny or w/e should that simply disqualify anybody male or female from getting a job where there career is based on doing films?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she's great for WW.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

She is, & even if she is skinny, she can easily get more muscles, perfect example is Christian Bale, just look at what he was like before batman begins.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't know if she's a great choice, just as I don't know if Affleck is a great choice for Batman, but, I am more than willing to give her a shot, and I don't judge her prematurely with nerd rage like many do.

Plus, the fact that she's smokin' doesn't hurt at all.

No Caption Provided

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I think she's a great choice too. As well as Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TazzMission

@2cool4fun said:

She is, & even if she is skinny, she can easily get more muscles, perfect example is Christian Bale, just look at what he was like before batman begins.

see the thing is im ok with a skinny wonder woman. maybe its just me but what im worried about is how much beefing up is to much? are we talking about 50 pounds of muscle like tom hardy did for bane? or will it be like how chris hemsworth was in avengers? a good build and nothing to crazy

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Hamil, Fisher, and Ford weren't playing characters that already had an established look which Gadot absolutely does not fit.

Reeves, Cavil, Hemsworth, RDJ, Maguire, and Welling are all spot on or close to it for their characters.

Hopefully Gadot hits the gym and Snyder has her superbly written. I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's so hard when it's one of your favorite characters and they're already heading in the wrong direction....which is my opinion of course.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I think she's a great choice too. As well as Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill

This!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still don't like the casting.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were better options, but I'm not angry about the casting. I can't say she is a great choice because her acting backlog is so small, I can't tell how capable she is from an acting perspective. Therefore, I guess I'm neutral right now about her; I'll wait and see.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The one in the middle really has much less presence than the guys...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hastalavista: I know, I posted it for the fans who like the casting.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I know this is gonna get a lot of flack, but I really want to see Kelly Hu as Wonder Woman.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I really like Kelly Hu and think she is super hot. However, she's 45. If it isn't already, he age will really start to show as the sequels go on just like Famke Janssen in X-Men.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dmessmer

Yeah, the skinny argument is silly. I'm sure she'll hit the gym. Otherwise, I'm cautiously optimistic. I've never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies, so I don't know how good of an actress she is, but if she has the chops then I think she'll work out just fine.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A gym is not going to help her where she needs it.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By fodigg

A gym is not going to help her where she needs it.

What, is she not tall enough for you? Keaton was thought to be too short for Batman and he pulled it off. And Jackman too tall for Wolverine but that was fine.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

She's a terrible choice. She's no a good actress, she's too thin, she's has no experience as an action star and she's not charismatic enough to lead a group of warriors or stand toe-to-toe with Batman or Superman. Why was she cast in this role again?

Doesn't matter, like Cavill's Superman, Gadot is only here to boost Batman. Cavill's Superman is here to get beat by Batman and Gadot is here to get sexed by Batman. Just watch, she's not Wonder Woman, she's Bruce's side piece.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's a terrible choice. She's no a good actress, she's too thin, she's has no experience as an action star and she's not charismatic enough to lead a group of warriors or stand toe-to-toe with Batman or Superman. Why was she cast in this role again?

Doesn't matter, like Cavill's Superman, Gadot is only here to boost Batman. Cavill's Superman is here to get beat by Batman and Gadot is here to get sexed by Batman. Just watch, she's not Wonder Woman, she's Bruce's side piece.

You sound like you've read the script, also the exact thing is happening in comics, the difference is its Superman instead of Batman, Batman and Wonder Woman are being used to boost Superman, Batman is getting beaten by Superman and WW is becoming getting sexed up for Superman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: That might happen... or it might not. I just don't get why everyone has already passed judgment before we know anything about the movie beyond the cast. And she does have experience in action films - unless you consider The Fast n the Furious a rom com.

I'm always a little skeptical of Hollywood, especially when it comes to female characters, but I'll at least wait until I have some evidence to start complaining.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Bruxae

She is not, she isnt bad either. There's simply no way of knowing yet. So stating anything as fact is just wrong.

Its nice that a few people keeps an open mind though.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmessmer: Movie's named Batman vs. Superman (Wonder who WB is going to make win that fight), Snyder introduced the movie using Frank Miller's "F-U, Superman" line, Snyder rumored to consult Miller about the characters (Yeah, Superman is going to get a fair shake) and they cast a taller, more experienced, more famous actor as Batman to make sure people know who's the main attraction here. As far as Gadot, in F5, she's only the pretty girl, no action scenes like Rodriguez and Carano. She's not an action star, she's walking sex appeal. I wonder what Snyder is going to make her wear... And the casting call first asked for Wayne's girl, then it became WW.

@rustyroy: Whenever Superman and Batman face off, Superman should always be the victor. Unless you have a story where Superman has gone off the deep end or isn't in character, Superman's message and power level should always make him the winner.

As far as Superman and Wonder Woman, Superman doesn't need Wonder Woman to get a boost. Batman gets a boost from it because Batman is perceived to be a badass playboy who gets any woman he wants, including DC's number 1 in Diana. That was Timm's intention when he put them together. I hardly think DC is trying to turn Superman into a playboy.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Whenever Superman and Batman face off, Superman should always be the victor. Unless you have a story where Superman has gone off the deep end or isn't in character, Superman's message and power level should always make him the winner.

As far as Superman and Wonder Woman, Superman doesn't need Wonder Woman to get a boost. Batman gets a boost from it because Batman is perceived to be a badass playboy who gets any woman he wants, including DC's number 1 in Diana. That was Timm's intention when he put them together. I hardly think DC is trying to turn Superman into a playboy.

Yes, Superman should always win, doesn't mean he has to face Batman all the time, how many times they've already came face-toface in the New 52? About 5-6 times, was that necessary?

And are you serious? Wonder Woman can give Batman a boost but not Superman? lol that's one of the worst argument I've seen here, in case you haven't noticed Batman is the one who gives others boosts, he's giving Superman a boost, JL a boost, Flash and GA had a good amount of boost just by getting tied into a Batevent.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

catherine zeta jones for hypolita

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WonderWomanFan8

I'll say this...She can bulk up and stuff but like someone else said, a gym isn't really going to help her where she REALLY needs it. I hope her acting skills are SOLID. If so, she could easily offset people's doubt about her doing the role justice. I hope she works well under pressure because she has a lot to live up to in many people's views. I'm not really too critical on her build, I just wish she had more of a back catalog of acting roles to go off of. Guess I'm neutral too.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dmessmer

@superguy1591: For all we know they are only going to give her a cameo after the credits. Seriously, everybody's getting way too worked up when we don't anything yet. If you hate the casting that much, don't go see the movie - sound like you already know everything about it anyway, so there wouldn't be much point.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Superguy1591

@dmessmer: I probably won't.

@rustyroy: They've only fought three times in the DcnU as far as I know. Justice League, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman/Superman. Only Justice League was a real fight, the other two, neither was in their right frame of mind to fight. Superman didn't want to fight in B:TDK and older Batman didn't want to fight in B/S. Plus, Superman is 9-3-1 against Batman in the old universe and 2 of the 3 wins for Bruce were written by Miller.

As far as a boost, I don't mean a boost in sales. Batman outsells everyone there, I mean boost in their standings. Batman getting with Diana is seen as Batman being a playboy, every woman wants Batman. Superman with Wonder Woman is just that , a coupling. No one thinks Superman is a king lady's man now.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep in mind that this isn't Justice League, this is Man of Steel 2. Superman's sequel.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stefano

I don't have a problem with her as WW. I am more worried about the fact that she is in the movie. Diana should have her own movie and not be the 3rd character in this movie. Also zack Snyder made Silk Spector nothing more then eye candy, I don't want the same thing to happen to WW

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: They've only fought three times in the DcnU as far as I know. Justice League, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman/Superman. Only Justice League was a real fight, the other two, neither was in their right frame of mind to fight. Superman didn't want to fight in B:TDK and older Batman didn't want to fight in B/S. Plus, Superman is 9-3-1 against Batman in the old universe and 2 of the 3 wins for Bruce were written by Miller.

As far as a boost, I don't mean a boost in sales. Batman outsells everyone there, I mean boost in their standings. Batman getting with Diana is seen as Batman being a playboy, every woman wants Batman. Superman with Wonder Woman is just that , a coupling. No one thinks Superman is a king lady's man now.

He fought two Batman in BM/SM so that's 4, Injustice is 5(I meant since New 52), and I think there was another time he faced Batman but I'm not sure. And do you mean the other fights were fake? They fought, that's it. Why whenever they meet they have to fight, they don't fight with the other heroes that much.

That's ridiculous, Superman with Wonder Woman is just like Batman and Wonder Woman, Batman was never a playboy. And Superman and Wonder Woman are not being seen as a couple, she's being seen as more like Superman's temporary replacement for Lois.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@stefano said:

I don't have a problem with her as WW. I am more worried about the fact that she is in the movie. Diana should have her own movie and not be the 3rd character in this movie. Also zack Snyder made Silk Spector nothing more then eye candy, I don't want the same thing to happen to WW

That's basically what she was in the comic as well

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Superguy1591

@rustyroy: Injustice has nothing to do with the N52 and I already linked B/S. You're acting like Superman is constantly beating Batman on a weekly basis.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RustyRoy

@superguy1591: You mention TDKR and TDKSB, neither had anything to do with main continuity. And almost 5-6 fights in two years, that's more than necessary.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Has everyone forgotten Lynda Carter? She was a miss World contestant or something, i.e. a model and is still iconic for her Wonder Woman Tv portrayal. I think this is a decent enough casting...

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Technically, Batman hasn't ever beaten Superman in cannon. I mentioned those two because those are two fights Batman fans like to refer to when they say Batman can beat Superman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RustyRoy

@superguy1591: Well technically I never said anything about Batman beating Superman or anything about PreN52, we are way off topic anyway, this is about Gal as WW so here another pic of Gal as WW

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

@rdclip: I will agree that Kelly Hu is kind've old for the role, but Robert Downey Jr. was 43 when I took on the role of Iron Man, and he's a better Tony Stark than Tony Stark if you ask me.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dmessmer

Just another thought on the "she's too thin" argument: a lot of models have to work very hard to maintain that model-thin look. Maybe Gadot has some miracle metabolism, but I'm guessing her current body is the product of a lot of dieting and time at the gym. If that's the case, it won't be hard for her to change her habits to adapt to the role.

The jury's certainly still out on her acting abilities and screen presence, but physically most of the arguments against her are just silly at this point.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seeing this just gets me upset :

No Caption Provided

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait and see but so far I am not happy with two of the casting choices made for the next "superman" movie.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she's going to be a great Wonder Woman. I think her looks are pretty much spot on and she just has this presence that is just perfect for the role. And I just haven't seen that same presence in any other actresses.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't see the problem.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what the hell is Wonder Woman doing here

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is anyone else tired of "I think this female is 'hotter'" constantly being argued??

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she's going to be a great Wonder Woman. I think her looks are pretty much spot on and she just has this presence that is just perfect for the role. And I just haven't seen that same presence in any other actresses.

Are you on some kind of drugs?