Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

If the end result is anything close to this then I
If the end result is anything close to this then I"m all in for her casting.

The point of this thread is me saying: It could work.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

It could, but it probably won't. Not because of her, but because of WB.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@captainmarvel4ever: This unless the movie is a complete bomb and WW was written terribly she will get alot of the blame if her character isnt well received

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if Gal looks like her skinny self wearing a Wonder Woman costume she'll make a perfect Wonder Woman ? regardless of her performing skills, her personality and all those inner abstract qualities that constitute the character of Wonder Woman

Kjohnnyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks incredible, just like her... The only problem is now that I see her face dressed as ww... She looks awful. She's just not wonder woman. Wish she looked more like her.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

When did I assert any of that? Read the OP before you comment.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Gal looks better then that art.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

How is it obviously implicit? Please go into detail.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing, how did she get this job?

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchiZoom

@pperspectiveandreality: Because you posted a drawing of Gal Gadot, we can't see anything but her physical appearance in this picture and she doesn't even look like Wonder Woman in it, in my opinion. Where's her muscles?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

Where, in the picture above, do I assert anything along the lines of her being a perfect Diana regardless of her performing skills, her personality and all those inner abstract qualities that constitute the character of Wonder Woman? Like I clearly stated in the OP, this is simply me saying it could work, the operative word being "could". Obviously this thread is 100% about her physical appearance and that's what my comments were in reference to. I didn't think I needed to spell out that a thread where the main feature is an image of an actress playing the role of a comic character, that the main point of the thread is her appearance as said comic character. Whether or not you think she looks the part is subjective and perfectly okay, but don't erect straw man arguments just because you disagree with someone.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArchiZoom

@pperspectiveandreality: You're pulling wool over my eyes

- "If the end result is anything close to this (look) then I'm all in for her casting." -

Assuming you're telling the truth, this presupposes that personality-wise Gal Gadot is a good fit, in your opinion, and that prior to seeing this drawing the only thing you were unsure about was her physical appearance so now the question becomes, what's so Wonder Woman-ly about Gal Gadot?

Whether Wonder Woman should be and look like an athlete or look like a sexy skinny supermodel might be debatable but not in a perfect world, she didn't spend 23 years of her life doing pilates. This debate is tantamount to arguing about whether Wonder Woman should be a heroine or an object of sexual contemplation.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does this happen in every Wonder Woman thread? More and more criticism and implications!

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

What? You're being obtuse. If you can't tell that from the OP my comments were in reference to her appearance that's your issue. It seems everyone else has grasped that this thread is about appearance. Also, your argument is weak as it's almost entirely based upon you putting words in my mouth. Which is, plain and simple, just weak sauce.

And again, you're erecting straw mans. But I really shouldn't e surprised at that at all.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman:

I really don't know. I rarely post in this forum because of it, and I've often noticed that the user above is often in the midst of the rabble rousing. It's unfortunate that this forum is filled with inflammatory behavior

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchiZoom

@pperspectiveandreality: You're obviously shying away from the question to which you probably don't have an answer. I am vindicated. You probably didn't even think about her personality before and funnily the one tossing about straw-men and ad hominem is you.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

So now I'm the one making straw mans and now ad hominem? I'm quickly losing interest in conversing with you. As far as dodging questions, you still haven't clarified where I insinuated she would play a perfect role. Also I find it humorous that you claim to read between the lines but lack the capacity to see that this is clearly, obviously, unabashedly about appearance. Your debating skills are entirely based on putting words in other people's mouths, you refuse to listen, and you have the most misplaced outrage I've ever encountered on this site.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality: I used to like it here too. Now all anyone does is complain about how much wonder woman is overshadowed because she's not as strong as superman. I liked the picture though. Don't know where ArchiZoom is getting her/his impression from.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ArchiZoom

@pperspectiveandreality: That's a whole new batch of personal insults and still no sign of anything approaching an actual answer. You don't actually think I'll buy into this glossed over gibberish but maybe Pizzaman will. I personally haven't seen Pizzaman do anything other than complain about complainers. Pizzaman is hence a complainer as well, at least my complaints are actually legit.

"If the end result is anything close to this then I'm all in for her casting."

If you're all in you must think Gal Gadot was a good choice personality-wise since the process of selecting an actress, in a perfect world, should comprise criteria beyond the physical appearance of the candidates. So tell me, apart from looking the part (which she doesn't), why are "you all in". I'm gonna go get a tan on my back, you have this afternoon to come up with something or nothing. No more ad hominem.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gadot is a bad pick for Wonder Woman.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

That looks pretty sweet

I'm actually pretty excited for Gal Gadot Wonder Woman, I think she's a great choice actually

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

She has a pretty face at least.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

Let's back this up for a moment.

I posted this in the OP:

If the end result is anything close to this then I
If the end result is anything close to this then I"m all in for her casting.

The point of this thread is me saying: It could work.

Let's consider the facts of this post shall we? First we should pay attention to the title: "Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (Fan Art)". Maybe I should have been clearer but I assumed anyone would notice that this is obviously in observation of the concerns folks have expressed about her looking the part. Again, maybe I should have been clearer about that fact. However, you responded with this:

So if Gal looks like her skinny self wearing a Wonder Woman costume she'll make a perfect Wonder Woman ? regardless of her performing skills, her personality and all those inner abstract qualities that constitute the character of Wonder Woman

So this can only mean that you extrapolated from my OP that I believe Gal will play a perfect Wonder Woman in terms of performing skills, personality and inner abstract qualities. I can only assume you came to that conclusion based on me saying, "If the end result is anything close to this then I'm all in for her casting.", so let me address this now; First of all I'd like to point out that i don't necessarilly have the same feelings about this topic as you do. You seem to have very strong feelings about this new DC cinema Universe. Nothing wrong with that but you shouldn't assume other foks have the same apprehensions as you do. Now let's move on to how I actually feel concerning Gal as Wonder Woman. Do I think she would play a great traditional Wonder Woman like the one we've seen during Azzarello's run? I don't know. I haven't seen enough of her acting prowess to draw such a conclusion, but I do feel that she'll do great for the Wonder Woman this film and this universe needs her to portray. Remember this is the same film that cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Would he be a great traditional Lex? Probably not but, obviously, this film has it's own direction and story to tell seperate from comics. That was made obvious by MOS. The reality is that this DC cinema universe is an elseworlds tale. If you read, Superman : Earth One, you would see the parrallels between it and MOS and you could clearly see that this film franchise is it's own seperate set of characters from the main DCU. So with that in mind it becomes apparent that, while they do aim to keep the same core characters, they intend to put a different spin on them. So I do believe Gal will do a great job at what she's asked to do and I do believe she'll portray the Wonder Woman that the film demands well, just like Henry portrayed the Clark the film demanded well. However, this thread had nothing to do with that stuff! It was about Gal's appearance as Wonder Woman. IMO she looks great in the fan art and I think that if they can get her to look like that then I can really see her pulling off Diana's look.

And let us not forget the very last thing I said in the OP: "The point of this thread is me saying: It could work.". I believe that is quite self explanatory.

But your other concern, which I find rather funny, is that Gal is too skinny. Let's compare Gal with your favorite portrayal of Diana shall we?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They look quite similar in size to me yet you consider Gal to be too skinny.

Then you go on to say that it's "obviously implicit" that I think Gal will be the perfect Wonder Woman based on the two sentences in the OP and when I ask you to go into detail you say that it's "obviously implicit" because, "Because you posted a drawing of Gal Gadot, we can't see anything but her physical appearance in this picture and she doesn't even look like Wonder Woman in it, in my opinion. Where's her muscles?". So because I post a picture of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and you can't see anything but her physical appearance and you can't see her muscles it's obviously implicit I think she'll be the perfect Wonder Woman? Huh? And again I'll reference the comparison between Cluff Chiang's Wonder Woman and the representation of Gal's wonder Woman. Why no concern about the muscularity of Chiang's Wonder Woman?

And then the fun part starts, yo accuse me of "pulling wool" over your eyes. (what am I trying to hide exactly? That -gasp- i think Gal will do well?!) you say to me:

@pperspectiveandreality: You're pulling wool over my eyes

- "If the end result is anything close to this (look) then I'm all in for her casting." -

Assuming you're telling the truth, this presupposes that personality-wise Gal Gadot is a good fit, in your opinion, and that prior to seeing this drawing the only thing you were unsure about was her physical appearance so now the question becomes, what's so Wonder Woman-ly about Gal Gadot?

Here blatantly ignoring that that comment was made in reference to the drawing. Seriously the drawing is captioned by that statement. Also ignoring that Gal's personality is 100% irrelevant. She's an actress. Her personality does. not. matter. It matter's if she can act the part and, call me crazy, I assume that the director and producer know much more about her abilities to play this role than I.

Whether Wonder Woman should be and look like an athlete or look like a sexy skinny supermodel might be debatable but not in a perfect world, she didn't spend 23 years of her life doing pilates.

23 years of pilates? Wha? O-o

This debate is tantamount to arguing about whether Wonder Woman should be a heroine or an object of sexual contemplation.

Diana has always been both a heroine and a sex symbol. To assert otherwise is to be in denial. But I do like how you leap to "object of sexual contemplation" though. It does cast an awful light on Gal being sexy and playing Wonder Woman....because Wonder Woman is totally NOT blessed with the beauty of a Greek god or anything....

Now for your last post:

@pperspectiveandreality: That's a whole new batch of personal insults

What insults? Straw men again. At least change it up a little.

and still no signs of anything approaching an actual answer. You don't actually think I'll buy into this glossed over gibberish but maybe Pizzaman will. I personally haven't seen Pizzaman do anything other than complain about complainers. Pizzaman is hence a complainer as well, at least my complaints are actually legit.

ok....?

"If the end result is anything close to this then I'm all in for her casting."

If you're all in you must think Gal Gadot was a good choice personality-wise since the process of selecting an actress, in a perfect world, should comprise criteria beyond the physical appearance of the candidates.

Again, you're missing the point of this thread.....ugh. THIS thread is about.....nevermind.

So tell me, apart from looking the part (which she doesn't),

Now you're getting it.

why are "you all in".

I explained this already.

I'm gonna go get a tan on my back, you have this afternoon to come up with something or nothing. No more ad hominem.

How gracious of you....

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArchiZoom

@pperspectiveandreality: uau, I don't equate quantity with quality, I think this long almost endless screed serves no better purpose than pull the wool over my eyes some more, I'm supposed to think you know what you're talking about just because it looks like you had plenty to say. I think you know I'm right about you - that's what you're hiding - the bloody truth but sadly you gave yourself away anyway so I win.

Remember this is the same film that cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

Jesse Eisenberg is the go-to actor for super smart characters. I'm not a fan of Lex, I don't know how people feel about this choice and frankly I don't care. He'll do a good enough Lex Luthor for me.

That was made obvious by MOS. The reality is that this DC cinema universe is an elseworlds tale

Perhaps an elseworld's tale starring the good old characters we know and love. This film will be Wonder Woman's long-awaited debut in the silver screen so just a tad more of consideration wouldn't have gone amiss.

just like Henry portrayed the Clark the film demanded well

Don't try compare them. Henry Cavill is obviously a very believable Superman, it's hard to fault him really. Cavill seems like a genuinely nice, approachable, likeable man like Superman's supposed to be. He can't fake those, that's his own unique aura so I think Henry Cavill was chosen on that basis as well, as opposed to just because he's a pants-droppingly handsome and blue-eyed man.

Also ignoring that Gal's personality is 100% irrelevant. She's an actress. Her personality does. not. matter.

Nonsense but a lot of people do apparently believe so. There's only so much one can fake, the performer's personality always comes across strongly so choosing somebody with a compatible personality is paramount. There's a reason we don't see Nicole Kidman kicking butt very often.

They look quite similar in size to me yet you consider Gal to be too skinny.

If you truly think so you probably have an eye disease, you should see a doctor.

Diana has always been both a heroine and a sex symbol

Yeah women in comic books have always been and continue to be objectified. Some of us want to see that rectified.

because Wonder Woman is totally NOT blessed with the beauty of a Greek god or anything....

She was blessed with unspeakable beauty but Aphrodite surely didn't put a spell on Wonder Woman so as to impede muscle growth. She spent her life learning the art of war so she must've developed some.

----------

Also ignoring that Gal's personality is 100% irrelevant. She's an actress. Her personality does. not. matter.

And this is where you gave yourself away so checkmate, looks like you based your judgment on Gal's physical appearance after all, being that you presume she's a talented actress pretty much by default. This pissing match could've been avoided.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom:

Ha. I expected too much of you. Goodbye.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she's got a great look for the role, and I think she's gonna look a bit more toned up then what this picture shows. Her ability to play the role is still a bit of an unknown since she's never played a role this big but I think she's done great in the roles she's had so far even if they were less demanding. Personally I do think she's got a great presence that's going to lend itself well to the role, and I've got some faith that Snyder knows what he's doing with casting.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers