Does Wonder WOman have the same durability as Power Girl?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Pre or New 52
Pre or New 52

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Obviously not. Wonder Woman's weakness is sharp objects. She could be defeated by a pencil.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Well, Karen can tank bullets. Diana can't.

Diana's more resistant to magic as opposed to Karen.

I'd say Diana may have the slight edge in physical force durability.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Batman.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Obviously not. Wonder Woman's weakness is sharp objects. She could be defeated by a pencil.

Well, she does have a healing factor of course. But I see what you mean.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Transformers1024

No

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hate hard.

PeerlessOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalone: That is a bit oversimplified. But she doesn't have to be as durable as Power Girl. She is more versatile, a better fighter and tactician and more skilled warrior. Each has her strengths.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Actually, realistically speaking, I might not kill her, but I could grab a kitchen knife and pierce her skin. Or a shard of glass. Could she get papercuts?

@peerlessone in terms of powers I wouldn't say she's more versatile. In simple words, she's a woman with superhuman physicals and mystical weaponry. Where Karen makes up for the lack of weaponry with her heat vision, freeze breathe, hearing, etc.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

No for reasons already given and more.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Karen can tank bullets. Diana can't.

Diana's more resistant to magic as opposed to Karen.

I'd say Diana may have the slight edge in physical force durability.

Do we even know if she has the piercing weapon weakness in the new 52?

Cause I can't remember having seen it or heard it.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sodamyat said:

@immortalone said:

Hate hard.

Clearly someone didn't read the DC Wikia. Sharp objects is listed right under her "weaknesses" section.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Depends on what you mean by 'durability'.

It's true Diana has a greater chance of being exposed to one of the few weakness', which is piercing weapons, than PG has with running into red sunlight or kryptonite. But on the other hand, Diana is one of the most talented fighters on the planet and alongside her reflexes and bracelets, so unlike Kryptonians, Diana is rarely hampered when someone attacks her with a 'piercing' weapon of somekind.

Like bullets are a piecing weapon, but you have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a bullet past Diana's defenses.

Other than that, Diana and Karen have about the same durability when neither's weakness' are getting exploited.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-52 wonder woman did have the weakness to sharp objects but the new 52 wonder woman has no weaknesses

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@immortalone: Wikis aren't entirely reliable.. nonetheless, sharp objects do pierce her skin. But you're forgetting she could heal from it.

@sodamyat said:

Hate hard.

How is it hating when Diana's skin could get pierced by a sharp pencil. Any sharp object probably could. Arrows have done it. A bullet could. Why do think she has those bracelets to block them and why Cheetah is of any relevance to fighting Diana?

@sealife said:

Actually I don't think it technically was a weakness. More or so, sharp objects just get past her skins defenses. Here, First Born stabbed her and left her for dead:

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@agent41: Point out where I said that Powergirl is more durable than Diana cause she can tank bullets and where I said that her skin and piercing objects not mixing is a weakness. And tanking bullets IS a test of durability. Durability refers the ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage. I even pointed out that Karen can take bullets and piercing objects while Diana can take more physical force and mystical attacks.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@agent41: Cheetah's only a threat to Diana cause of her claws and morals.Physically wise she is no match to Diana and Cheetah isn't faster than her. Her fight where she was stated to be as fast as the Flash was a hyperbole and Diana was weak in the knees.

Jesus Christ. I never she's weak to piercing objects.

Tanking bullets and mystical blasts are tests of durability.

du·ra·bil·i·tyˌd(y)o͝orəˈbilədē/noun

1. the ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage.

Aka the ability to withstand something. If bullets or mystical objects go through your defenses that just means that your body doesn't have a defense against it. Which applies to Diana and Karen. But tanking blasts and bullets aren't the only way to test how durable you are. This just shows that Karen has some advantages over Diana and likewise Diana can tank mystic and physical attacks more better than Karen.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie:

I wouldn't say that shows her still having her weaker defence against sharp objects. After all First Born is stronger than her so it just is natural he would be able to hurt her with his spike.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@immortalone said:

Hate hard.

Clearly someone didn't read the DC Wikia. Sharp objects is listed right under her "weaknesses" section.

Shut up, hater!

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalone: Wikis aren't entirely reliable.. nonetheless, sharp objects do pierce her skin. But you're forgetting she could heal from it.

@sodamyat said:

Hate hard.

How is it hating when Diana's skin could get pierced by a sharp pencil. Any sharp object probably could. Arrows have done it. A bullet could. Why do think she has those bracelets to block them and why Cheetah is of any relevance to fighting Diana?

@sealife said:

Actually I don't think it technically was a weakness. More or so, sharp objects just get past her skins defenses. Here, First Born stabbed her and left her for dead:

No Caption Provided

First Born's weapons are obviously mystical in nature and not your average weapon.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent_z: you mean Zeus's First Born child doesnt have pencil's for weapons? Im shocked.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@saint_wildcard: Are we talking about how durable their bodies are (via a scientific approach) or are we talking about how durable the character is (what they can withstand under normal circumstances with their usual gear and attire)?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think she has the same durability as Power Girl. That's nearly the same question as to whether she has the same durability as Superman. I want her weaknesses back that she had during Marston's run.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers