Does having male friends change Amazons?

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GWHH

I was thinking. Just like in the modern real world when men and women starting going to school together, working along next to each other. Men and women learned that they can be friends with each other and appreciate each other strengths and weakness.

Would having male friends make the amazons think more of the males. I am not talking a sexual relationship but a friendship between the different sexes and cultures.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lilben42
lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By krspaceT

Hey, if the greatest racists of the world are those who have never met a member of a skin color, it applies to comics too. I'm sure that dealing with men more makes them more tolerant, like how dealing with Superman so much makes Metropolis less terrified of aliens than say, Marvel NYC and it's distinct lack of alien residents

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WDW

@gwhh:

NO! Hell NO! lol
ok Maybe but things would have to change

Amazons have built a society based on do it yourself female empowerment. To thrust them into the modern world which is still utterly male dominated, even though most of the blatant brutality towards women has stopped in the developed world, would be such a shock to their ideals that it would be extremely hard for them to adapt and be “friends” with men and rely on them for support ETC much less appreciate them.

I also think Amazons would find the majority of the Women in the modern world to be no more than sycophants. They probably would not appreciate their friendship either.

It would take much more than simple friendship with men for Amazons to truly feel any kind of appreciation. It would take nothing less than a social upheaval before amazons would even think of having male friends who they could trust to begin with

Simple things that everyone in modern society takes for granted or simply over looks would be an affront to AMAZONS

94% of men are world leaders

90% percent of men are inventors

90% of men control the media

ETC

I mean they can’t even make a Wonder Woman movie because of a male dominated world LOL

I just don’t see how an Amazon as I know them would begin to appreciate modern society the way it is so skewed now

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Yes, the answer to all prejudice and ignorance is understanding, and you can't understand something or someone without being around it/them.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, the answer to all prejudice and ignorance is understanding, and you can't understand something or someone without being around it/them.

Tell that to the terrorists and other fundamentalists. without the desire to understand being around it/them will cause conflict

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@wdw said:

@the_stegman said:

Tell that to the terrorists and other fundamentalists. without the desire to understand being around it/them will cause conflict

So the solution is don't understand them? Let them continue being terrorists? Nuke them?

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw said:

@the_stegman said:

So the solution is don't understand them? Let them continue being terrorists? Nuke them?

No my point is there is NO easy solution.And, understanding does not simply involve putting people with vastly different world views in the same room.

In my opinion children’s education about the world is key to promote understanding of other cultures and that takes generations.

That is why Terrorist usually indoctrinate children at a very young age and isolate them from other world views. Once they are adults it’s very hard to change their world view

AMAZONS don’t really have children. Their world view is set and VERY difficult to change.

My take on Wonder Woman is that Hippolyta did not want Amazon values to sour her worldview thats one of the reasons she allowed her to go to mans world