#1 Edited by 4_color_image (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Experts from a Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter’s Borys Kit:

DCE President, Diane Nelson, was straightforward when asked about her company’s difficulty in developing a live-action Wonder Woman franchise in the wake of previous fumbles with a Joss Whedon-led movie and a David E. Kelley TV pilot.

“The reasons why are probably pretty subjective: She doesn't have the single, clear, compelling story that everyone knows and recognizes,” Nelson explains, echoing comments Whedon said when he was developing a Wonder Woman screenplay. “There are lots of facets to Wonder Woman, and I think the key is, how do you get the right facet for that right medium? What you do in TV has to be different than what you do in features.”

Nelson went on to reveal that the development of Wonder Woman for a live-action role, either TV or in film, has been “one of the top three priorities” for DC and Warner Bros. since she took over at DC.

What are her picks for a big screen (or small screen) adaption?

“Sandman is right on top. I think it could be as rich as the Harry Potter universe,” Nelson said. “Fables. Metal Men. Justice League. And yes, I'm going to say it: Aquaman.”

#2 Posted by lilben42 (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

Its starting.

#3 Edited by drgnx (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandmanis right on top. I think it could be as rich as the Harry Potter universe,” Nelson said. “Fables. Metal Men. Justice League. And yes, I'm going to say it: Aquaman.”

Okay Now I'm REALLY smiling! Time for DC to get down to business bring the JLA members and team into the limelight as well as their other great IP.

#4 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's comforting to know that she is one of the top 3 priorities. And I'm glad to see they are really wanting to get it right with her. The downside is that if they are so worried about getting it right then they might restrict the creativity of the people making these projects a reality and therefore ends up with a less than stellar product. We'll see though.

#5 Edited by RedLantern23 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting....

I'm glad to see WW is a priority. But get the gears moving already!

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (41778 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok im just going to say it, if they do a live action Sandman and mess it up I will never forgive them

#7 Posted by Saren (27199 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather they did a Sandman TV show. Animated and mature.

#8 Posted by Akindoodle (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG a FABLES movie?! (then the haters gonna start comparing it to Once Upon a Time)

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (16121 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be better if they do a Sandman TV Show rather than movies about it.Also it is good to hear that they are working over some things that a lot of people have wanted to see for so many years.

#10 Posted by herrweis (494 posts) - - Show Bio

The ,metal men would be a great idea.that could be fun!!!! And I think she is right about sandman,with the way wb handled the darker harry potter movies they would kill it with sandman....and cater it to adults.the metal men I see as a kid oriented movie.toys and stuff

#11 Posted by dmessmer (376 posts) - - Show Bio

These all sound promising and it's good to know that the biggest hang up to a live action Wonder Woman is that they don't want to push something through if it isn't right. In that regard, it might actually be a good thing that Wonder Woman isn't quite as well known as Batman and Superman among mainstream audiences. WB can't bank on the character alone bringing in big numbers at the box office - they're going to have to make a good film, to do that. Seems like they recognize that and maybe, just maybe, will do right by her. I, for one, would rather wait a bit longer if that's what it takes to get a quality film (or TV show - though I'd prefer a film).

#12 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Morrison's WW story will be that definitive story they are looking for.

#13 Posted by Black_Claw (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe we're finally on our way to seeing Diana on the big screen, and Aquaman finally getting the respect he deserves!

#14 Posted by Hawk80 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope her movie will be set in a more classic setting: no New52 origin, no Superman+WW...

#15 Edited by Black_Claw (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk80 said:

I just hope her movie will be set in a more classic setting: no New52 origin, no Superman+WW...

Supes is gonna be with Lois throughout the DCCU, so we don't have to worry about the latter happening. Lol

#16 Posted by Hawk80 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just being generic about that.Let's just say <<No Azzarello & no New52-depowered-WW in "my" WW movie>>

#17 Posted by dmessmer (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless they use her being female as a bad excuse to go in a different direction, I assume they'll follow the same formula we've seen with pretty much every other recent super-hero movie - i.e. she'll be a badass who, if anything, is over powered.