Azzerello? Leave or Stay

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Azzerello? Leave or Stay (172 votes)

Stay 65%
Leave 15%
I don't care 20%

I personally think his book is amazing, and can't wait to see where he takes us. At the beginning I had some complaints but I easily got over it by the 11th issue.

• 
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@supreme_marvel said:

I say stay, because I've not been able to read a story arc of Wonder Woman's before I started Azzerello's. I've tried many. Even Perez's one. Which for a while I enjoyed, but I just didn't care for the character. Az's I've enjoyed reading. I'm almost up to date. My next stuff is Orion. Which is the reason why I'm reading WW.

perez's run is the real defination of WW,that's her true core as a character,if you didn't like it is because you never wwere a true fan,which is fine,not everyone has the sama taste,but that's why azzarello must leave,there is no point in keeping him to writte for the few new fans of his run that never cared about WW before,there is no point in that,he keeps ruining her character.

Regarding Perez's run, I didn't say I did not like it, I said I enjoyed it, I just couldn't continue with it. However, if I forced myself to carry on, then maybe I'll grow to like her. I enjoyed Steve Trevor.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#352  Edited By Squalleon

I feel that Azzarello's WW is the best WW the fans will get for years considering her past stories.
My only complaint is the slow-paced arcs.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that Azzarello's WW is the best WW the fans will get for years considering her past stories.

My only complaint is the slow-paced arcs.

This,I hate it

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: That's foolish to say he's not a true fan just because he didn't like the Perez story.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@darknightspideyfanboy: perez's run sold more specially worldwide.

The market for comics was bigger back then.

the market for comics lost power because of the stupid writters with ever inconsistencies and mant¿y stories that lack quality,mangas are like comics but they still sell like water worldwide.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@gokuwarrior: That's foolish to say he's not a true fan just because he didn't like the Perez story.

no true wonder woman fan can dislike perez's run,it's the ultimate defination of the character,if you don't like that run,you don't like the true core of wionder woman's character.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

the market for comics lost power because of the stupid writters with ever inconsistencies and mant¿y stories that lack quality,mangas are like comics but they still sell like water worldwide.

It's funny you start off with slamming western comics for all their percieved flaws (which I doubt has anything to do with the decline in readership). And then you hold up Manga's as if they are a superior kind of comic instead of realizing they are only a fad thats mostly dribbled away already.

Also, it's utter nonsense if you think you cant be a 'true Wonder Woman fan' if you dont like Perez's Wonder Woman, it's like saying you cant be a batman fan if you dont like Killing Joke or Dark Knight Returns. Back when Perez's WW was launched I am sure quite a lot of people railed against his version as some barbaric inferior to Marston's.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

It's funny you start off with slamming western comics for all their percieved flaws (which I doubt has anything to do with the decline in readership). And then you hold up Manga's as if they are a superior kind of comic instead of realizing they are only a fad thats mostly dribbled away already.

Also, it's utter nonsense if you think you cant be a 'true Wonder Woman fan' if you dont like Perez's Wonder Woman, it's like saying you cant be a batman fan if you dont like Killing Joke or Dark Knight Returns. Back when Perez's WW was launched I am sure quite a lot of people railed against his version as some barbaric inferior to Marston's.

consistent is important,comics lost many writters because of inconsistencies,one day the powerhouse has all ots powers,other day it gets hurt and tagged by humans like if it hasn't powers at all,too many crappy plots through the years is one of the reasons why readers aren't as many as they used to be,they get confused and frustrated between many inconsistencies that could be avoided,this is a wake up call for comic companies.

and perez's wonder woman is like marston's version,compassionate and kind and powerful and fearless,it's the ultimate defination of the character,you don't like that wonder woman,then you don't like the true core of the character,so azarello and his fans,it's time to go.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By lilben42
gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#361  Edited By RedQueen

I say stay until Azzarello has finished with this story arc completely. Still, my money is on Apollo being ousted from power by Zeke (potentially with some help from Athena, who has to make an appearance at some point); granting Hera back her powers where she will undo what was done to the Amazons and eventually ally with them. In the process restoring Diana's roots to Themyscira. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking on how I wish he would end his run. Leaves everything in order for whoever writes next.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@gokuwarrior: Stop calling people who don't like Perez' run not true fans of the character. It undermines your ability to claim yourself as a Wonder Woman fan if you badger other fans on what Wonder Woman stories they like. People can choose to prefer whatever Wonder Woman stories they like, even if it's Azzarello over that (for the record, I still rate Perez and Rucka's runs higher than Azzarello's, I'm just pointing out why you can't say that to people who don't like them)

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: srry man but im going to have to agree with Lvenger with this there is no such thing as true fan of anything your allow to your opinion but it not cool to call other not true fan because they dislike something you like

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Nope to your whole post. If someone didn't like Wonder Woman's story that Perez had then that's there opinion. Doesn't mean they hate the character. They probably just like this story better. Wonder Woman's personality hadn't really changed anyway.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

consistent is important,comics lost many writters because of inconsistencies,one day the powerhouse has all ots powers,other day it gets hurt and tagged by humans like if it hasn't powers at all,too many crappy plots through the years is one of the reasons why readers aren't as many as they used to be,they get confused and frustrated between many inconsistencies that could be avoided,this is a wake up call for comic companies.

and perez's wonder woman is like marston's version,compassionate and kind and powerful and fearless,it's the ultimate defination of the character,you don't like that wonder woman,then you don't like the true core of the character,so azarello and his fans,it's time to go.

People dont flock to comics like they used to because they have so many other ways to escape reality than they did back in 1940 and 1950. Back then, the fewest people had TV's, radio wasn't particularly kid friendly and most toys were made of wood.

Plus comics still has the image of being for children, and most young people don't want to be considered a child due to their reading habits, regardless of the contents of whats actually in the books.

Perez's Wonder Woman carried a sword and decapitated gods, didnt reform a single villain, no Steve and no Kanga's, that was enough for some people to call her Warrior Woman.

And while I like both Perez and Azzarello's interpretations, I think it's utter bs on your part to claim a 'true WW fan' wouldn't like this or that.

As far as I am concerned, you are the only non-WW fan here.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: azarello's WW isn't her true self,it's boring,lack of action and no personality,can't fight without help,the same old story runing in circles for 2 years.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lvenger said:

@gokuwarrior: Stop calling people who don't like Perez' run not true fans of the character. It undermines your ability to claim yourself as a Wonder Woman fan if you badger other fans on what Wonder Woman stories they like. People can choose to prefer whatever Wonder Woman stories they like, even if it's Azzarello over that (for the record, I still rate Perez and Rucka's runs higher than Azzarello's, I'm just pointing out why you can't say that to people who don't like them)

oh please,you are always the first one to complain when someone doesn't like azzarello's pathetic work on WW,so why would you from all the people in the world tell me to not complain?.

wonder woman is not the lame character that azzarello has created.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Trying to unilaterally state what is and isn't a character's defining storyline is far from being an actual Wonder Woman fan.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lvenger said:

@gokuwarrior: Trying to unilaterally state what is and isn't a character's defining storyline is far from being an actual Wonder Woman fan.

it's all the oppiste actually,wonder woman has a certain personality,she isn't the stupid violent warrior from johns and she isn't the extremely naive and passive character from azzarello.

it's time to go azzarello,you've been going around in circles with the baby drama and......nobody cares,bububu,so sad,so just leave azzarello.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

it's all the oppiste actually,wonder woman has a certain personality,she isn't the stupid violent warrior from johns and she isn't the extremely naive and passive character from azzarello.

it's time to go azzarello,you've been going around in circles with the baby drama and......nobody cares,bububu,so sad,so just leave azzarello.

It's ironic that the only one who fits the 'baby drama' is you given how immature you've been acting over Azzarello's run.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By gokuwarrior

@lvenger: i'm not immature,just saying the true,it's crap ,she is weak,boring,no personlity,no true cast,villans,no amazons,just the baby drama over and over again,pure trash.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@gokuwarrior: Nope to your whole post. If someone didn't like Wonder Woman's story that Perez had then that's there opinion. Doesn't mean they hate the character. They probably just like this story better. Wonder Woman's personality hadn't really changed anyway.

azzarello's WW doesn't have a personality,so it is a big change,his WW is weak,boring,no personlity,no true cast,villans,no amazons,just the baby drama over and over again,pure trash.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Again, your opinion. In many other people's opinions, they actually enjoy what Azzarello is doing with the title as he's crafted a well written, excellently characterised story that is told in a unique way and balances the plot well. But of course, the few things Azzarello tweaks gets him the hate of a lifetime from irky, picky, snobby fans like you.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: azarello's WW isn't her true self,it's boring,lack of action and no personality,can't fight without help,the same old story runing in circles for 2 years.

You should read the book before letting dross like that out.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@gokuwarrior: Again, your opinion. In many other people's opinions, they actually enjoy what Azzarello is doing with the title as he's crafted a well written, excellently characterised story that is told in a unique way and balances the plot well. But of course, the few things Azzarello tweaks gets him the hate of a lifetime from irky, picky, snobby fans like you.

what story?,the baby,and the baby?,well written?,that's why herr personality is like wood,she has feats in spider-man level and is supposed to be a semi-god,she can't finish most fights alone,she has a disconnected cast that is always out of place,she lost the amazons,their idials,they are killers and rapers now,she lost her own villans,she is trapped in a soup opera about gods,again,what good story?.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By gokuwarrior

@gokuwarrior said:

You should read the book before letting dross like that out.

i read every issue and it disapoints me everytime.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Why do you read every issue if you'll just get madder at it? I gave up reading Superior Spider-Man ages ago despite Spider-Man being my third favourite character.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By Outside_85

i read every issue and it disapoints me everytime.

Looks more like you hate it in the store, leaf through it, put it back and hate it some more because you cba to actually read the bloody thing. Or are you really going to admit that you are buying a book you know you are going to hate? (and as such just throwing your money out the window.)

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the story, I just don't like the length...forget about milking the cow; this thing is been milked, had its babies turned into veal, and is now about to be sent to the butcher and will soon be at a McDonald's near you!... if this thing could have been condensed into a year, it would have been awesome! Or, perhaps he should have written a massive graphic novel!

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: If you don't like it don't read it. From what I read Wonder Woman is strong, demanding, independent (Too independent in the beginning), loving, compassionate, nice, leader, comedic, fierce, and diplomatic. I might be missing a few things. Her supporting cast is very strong and good. Wonder Woman also needs more villains, and the First Born, and Apollo are turning into very interesting villains. At least I think so.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By _Black

This thread<<<<<<<

When your main complaint is that Diana isn't strong enough, you might have bad priorities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_black:

Damn! Your comment deserves a motivation picture!

Someone else do it though, I can't be bothered!

:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior:

You're normally pushy with your opinion on Wonder Women, but your last few posts are pretty bizarre, even for an Azzerello thread!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@gokuwarrior: If you don't like it don't read it. From what I read Wonder Woman is strong, demanding, independent (Too independent in the beginning), loving, compassionate, nice, leader, comedic, fierce, and diplomatic. I might be missing a few things. Her supporting cast is very strong and good. Wonder Woman also needs more villains, and the First Born, and Apollo are turning into very interesting villains. At least I think so.

she isn't strog anymore,she has 0 impressive feats,she is bipolar,acts like a crazy bitch with eris,threatens her and hurt her,then acting like a sweet princess,her supporting cast is out of place,they have nothing in common,they are just there,goinbg from here to there,she doesn't need new villans,she needs her good villans back.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@gokuwarrior:

You're normally pushy with your opinion on Wonder Women, but your last few posts are pretty bizarre, even for an Azzerello thread!

funny,pushy is my thought about you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

@drgnx said:

@gokuwarrior:

funny,pushy is my thought about you.

I'm not the one telling people what True Wonder Women fans should like or dislike am I?

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: play the angel role my friend,i will vote for you at the oscars.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Stay.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: I don't really know what your talking about anymore. I'm just going to say that I was talking about her personality being strong. And yes Wonder Woman needs some more good villains. Only three of her villains are really known.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@gokuwarrior: I don't really know what your talking about anymore. I'm just going to say that I was talking about her personality being strong. And yes Wonder Woman needs some more good villains. Only three of her villains are really known.

she does not need more villans,she needs writters that use her own villans properly,and azzarello's version is just talk and talk,when it comes to action,she can't finish most of her fights alone period,someone is always saving her ass,she is so weak now,and the story is boring,when will she save the baby?,next year maybe?,please.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Please, writers have another 100 years to write out her three main villains over and over again. No reason to complain on one that wants to introduce more villains to her story. In the beginning, Wonder Woman wanted to fight alone like I said she was really independent. Now she welcomes her friends to fight with her. That's called development. Wonder Woman almost always saves everyone. She saved everyone from Hermes. She saved Orion from the First Born. She saved Zola and her baby from Artemis, Centaurs, Hera, and Hades. She's been saving the baby just by being with it.

Mr_Zatura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me he must be leave,because

1,Amazon women warriors to rape man is just beyond me,I cant accept

2,I dont like his art,sorry

3,WW is depowered,not powerful and 0 feats

How else do you expect them to procreate?

Mr_Zatura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I like Azzerello. I get that his arc is too long. But I think he handles her well. To everyone who say you aren't a WW fan if you want him to stay: Would you rather this version or her JL counterpart? If you say say her JL counterpart then I think we all know who isn't a WW fan.

Another question why is her being depowered a problem? I don't get it.She hasn't been depowered to the point of uselessness like Zatanna. Overpowered people make for crummy stories ex: see about half of superman comics. When a character is overpowered I can't really take their fights seriously unless said character has easily exploited weaknesses. Take Superman for example his weaknesses are a supposedly rare green rock, magic although that sometimes doesn't work on him and his putting his family in harms way which shouldn't count because that is almost every superhero's weakness. So that means that the majority of his villains are going to attack him in one of those three ways. So doesn't it seem boring that those are the only ways of getting to him. Do you really want that to happen to Diana.

I do hope this arc ends soon. I want to see Azzerello handle Cheetah.

Avatar image for unpopularkarama
unpopularkarama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Write this book as long as you can! Keep going until your fingers bleed because I love this book so much! It has to be one of DC's best books out (I have not read Batman which I hear wonderful things about). It is truly amazing, and probably the first great Wonder Woman run. I was not a fan before, but I am now because she is an actual character!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unpopularkarama: she was a true character before azzarello,perez,ruka and simone are her best runs,azzarello desn't make her justice.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_zatura: superman isn't overpowered because there a lot of characters in his league able to fight him and who talks about superman's feats anyway?,this is about wonder woman,and the fact is that in her solo title she is not a powerhouse anymore,she is doing thinngs that even spider-man can do,and the story about the baby has lasted far too long,her cast and her own villans are gone,the amazons are gone,and she can't finish most of her fights alone.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By PowerWoman

@gokuwarrior: Fans enjoy comics books as much for spectacular feats as for the characterization. Colorful costumes, amazing powers, extraordinary deeds are defining and familiar features of superheroes. It's part of the genre. It's not unreasonable for a fan to want astonishing displays of power and skill from one of DC's top-tier heroes!

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

I literally laughed a couple of times reading this due to GokuWarrior's rules about being a Wonder Woman fan.

I think you should make a threat listing all the rules we have to follow to be a devoted fan like you.

Like how we have to hate the characterization of Diana that is fairly similar to previous versions of the character. We can't like this version because her costume is a different color. We also can't enjoy this because she doesn't use extreme force for fighting people despite that being the way of the character for some time.

Azzerello has done a good job at something in this run, and made some changes that as of yet, I don't see how they improve Wonder Woman but I have enjoyed his run so far and continue to.

Mr_Zatura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: @gokuwarrior: True. I really just don't want her to be bland. But Azzerello and Chiang are awesome together. Yes his arcs are long. But I love the way they handled the greek gods. I hope for at least 24 more books from him and Chiang.