An Animated Movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

What storyline would you like to become an animated movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Men of War

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What storyline would you like to become an animated movie?

the circle and rucka one where she fights medusa. that would be sweet. too bad we´ll never see it.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since they aren't making one for her next year I really don't think we will get one soon.

But wouldn't mind one off the Azzarello run or a league of one.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jphulk26

@sealife said:

Since they aren't making one for her next year I really don't think we will get one soon.

But wouldn't mind one off the Azzarello run or a league of one.

I´d only accept an Azzerrelo one if they at least adapt some of Rucka or Simone first…

Hey who knows, if ww gets really popular from BvS, we might see DC take some interest in her back catalogue.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I would love Azzarello's run animated, just thinking of the gods' voices gets me excited about it.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#7  Edited By darkdetective27

Though Id love another Wonder Woman movie, I dont think they would make one. Apparently her movie didnt perform the way it was expected and it freaked them out about female superhero movies. They had a Batgirl Year One that was planned that they ended up scrapping and in marketing Superman/Batman Apocalypse they tried to hide the fact that Supergirl was the main character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: thats ridiculous smh i know the ww film was well recieved but shame it didnt do well money wise. i think alot more goes into it than they say though. i mean im sure women can sel just as well but even if that isnt the case im of the mind that they should flood the market to the point that people have no choice but to accept things

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: thatd be amazing. id love to see that medousa fight

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they got another one I think it would have to be a Wonder Woman centric Justice League movie rather then a proper solo film. The only story that comes to mind that fit's that is League of One. I wouldn't mind seeing that adapted, but they should cut out those two little nympths.

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they set up a good sequel to the first Wonder Woman movie with Cheetah at the end. Cheetah was supremely animated and could make an interesting foe to animate on screen. It would be on the smaller scale than the JL films, but they kind of pulled themselves in a corner by making her defeat her main big baddie Ares in the first one. But if they can make a billion and one Batman films taking down the Joker....again, then they can put at least some effort into doing a compelling story with Wonder Woman's more small-scale villains.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sealife
sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: Actually it didn't do bad money wise. It is number 8 grossing off like 25 and that is without blue-ray. They just doesn't seem to know what they are talking about.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CSG_CL

@willienotwilliam said:

@darkdetective27: thats ridiculous smh i know the ww film was well recieved but shame it didnt do well money wise. i think alot more goes into it than they say though. i mean im sure women can sel just as well but even if that isnt the case im of the mind that they should flood the market to the point that people have no choice but to accept things

It actually did just fine financially, it just had a bit of a slow start ... she was in the top 8 in gross sales anyway EDIT for clarity: this does not take into account BluRay, Rental or Digital sales for most (including WW)

No Caption Provided

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Yeah Id say they want movies that sell quickly, but you'd figure it wouldnt matter if it sold that well. I dont know what happened all I know is that there were plans for a Batgirl Year One, but the Wonder Woman sold so slow that they didnt make that and a sequal to the WW film.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Yeah Id say they want movies that sell quickly, but you'd figure it wouldnt matter if it sold that well. I dont know what happened all I know is that there were plans for a Batgirl Year One, but the Wonder Woman sold so slow that they didnt make that and a sequal to the WW film.

There were and they killed all female lead animated movies over the sold start to WW animated film. I suspect that this will be re-thought should the live action film do well at box office. And the distribution costs are significantly lower than when the WW animated feature was released thanks to the prevalence of digital sales. Hopefully we'll see some of these projects revived.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darkdetective27
jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
@darkdetective27 said:

There were and they killed all female lead animated movies over the sold start to WW animated film. I suspect that this will be re-thought should the live action film do well at box office. And the distribution costs are significantly lower than when the WW animated feature was released thanks to the prevalence of digital sales. Hopefully we'll see some of these projects revived.

i doubt it was marketted properly, plus there´s an obvious reason. My experience was, I knew nothing about ww and had no interest, plus I didn´t even know the movie existed. I think it was one of the first few in the animated series by DC.

As soon as I saw it, I bought it immediately and started getting into WW. Clearly she wasn´t going to sell as much straight away as Batman and Superman, who have animated series, movies, tv shows that have been part of popular culture in more recent times etc. Clearly DC characters animated movie sales has more to do with their popularity in general than their gender. If DC hadn´t released any media for Batman since the Adam West series, then suddenly dropped an animated movie of him some 40 years later, I doubt it would have been a massive seller as well. I bet even a Batgirl animated feature at the time of the animated ww release would have sold more than WW, just on the basis of the popularity of Bat family. However Batman is so popular because of his movies and how classic his story is.

Wonder Woman and Superman also have classic stories, but they just haven´t been done justice in movies in a modern way like Batman has. Casual fans of superheroes still think of Superman and Wonder Woman as if they are Christopher Reeves and Lynda Carter; they were cool representations for their time, but now seem antiquated. Man Of Steel didn´t help, because it was a terrible representation of Superman. Same with the new Flash series. I can´t be the only one who doesn´t dig the representation of Flash in it. (I like the show, but that isn´t the flash)

My point is, Batman has this unfair advantage over other DC characters. Batman is the only character they seem to treat with the respect they deserve. If half as much effort was put into promoting WW as Batman, I think she would be incredibly popular. If she had have had an animated series, and a couple of modern movies behind her, by the time they released her animated film, I´m sure her animated film would have sold a lot more, even if it wasn´t as good. The fact is people started noticing her animated film because of good word-of-mouth, which is why it sold so slowly.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
@csg_cl said:
@darkdetective27 said:

i doubt it was marketted properly, plus there´s an obvious reason. My experience was, I knew nothing about ww and had no interest, plus I didn´t even know the movie existed. I think it was one of the first few in the animated series by DC.

As soon as I saw it, I bought it immediately and started getting into WW. Clearly she wasn´t going to sell as much straight away as Batman and Superman, who have animated series, movies, tv shows that have been part of popular culture in more recent times etc. Clearly DC characters animated movie sales has more to do with their popularity in general than their gender. If DC hadn´t released any media for Batman since the Adam West series, then suddenly dropped an animated movie of him some 40 years later, I doubt it would have been a massive seller as well. I bet even a Batgirl animated feature at the time of the animated ww release would have sold more than WW, just on the basis of the popularity of Bat family. However Batman is so popular because of his movies and how classic his story is.

Wonder Woman and Superman also have classic stories, but they just haven´t been done justice in movies in a modern way like Batman has. Casual fans of superheroes still think of Superman and Wonder Woman as if they are Christopher Reeves and Lynda Carter; they were cool representations for their time, but now seem antiquated. Man Of Steel didn´t help, because it was a terrible representation of Superman. Same with the new Flash series. I can´t be the only one who doesn´t dig the representation of Flash in it. (I like the show, but that isn´t the flash)

My point is, Batman has this unfair advantage over other DC characters. Batman is the only character they seem to treat with the respect they deserve. If half as much effort was put into promoting WW as Batman, I think she would be incredibly popular. If she had have had an animated series, and a couple of modern movies behind her, by the time they released her animated film, I´m sure her animated film would have sold a lot more, even if it wasn´t as good. The fact is people started noticing her animated film because of good word-of-mouth, which is why it sold so slowly.

I had written a long response and then my stupid browser crashed ... sigh... basically, WW sales surpassed almost every other animated feature, it just took it longer to scale than other films. Marketing and distribution are huge factors in this and now with iTunes and Amazon Prime pre-selling consumers can have the digital version in their library same day as it hits shelves.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Yeah that definitely is the reason why it sell as good initially.