Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

My New 52 Origin for Wonder Woman

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

- She starts off as a villain but turns in to a hero. I will tell you guys how this could work.

- Hippolyta and Ares are her birth parents

- Darkseid invades Themyscira and takes Hippolyta and forces her to be his wife. He claims Diana as his daugther. Ares left Themyscira after having previous knowledge before the invasion happened. He wasn't there to save Hippolyta and Diana.

- Diana is too young to understand what happened

- Hippolyta is banned for treason but is believed to have died

- Diana is raised up as an deadly warrior and tyrant on Apokolips. Big Barda will be a close friend and be like a sister figure to her.

- Her and Big Barda will be doing all of Darkseid's dirty work

- One of their tasks is to find and kill Ares but Diana doesn't know that Ares is her real father.

- Diana and Barda goes on a mission to find Ares who is hidden somewhere in Canada. They travel to Canada to find a old man who is revealed to be Ares in the cold dark night. Diana and Barda beats him down in a brutal double team. Diana is about to land a killing blow until he stopped her to tell her the truth. Unfortunately, Barda stabbed him through the heart from behind before he could tell Diana everything.

- Diana is believed to be the one that killed Ares when it really was Barda. Diana becomes the new God of War. Darkseid is proud of this news and promotes Diana as his second in command.

- All of the previous events leads up to the Darkseid invasion on Earth

- Circe (who is envious of Diana's fame) is the cause of this war between Apokolips and Earth. Circe steals a magical amulet that makes her so powerful that even the being Spectre feared her. Circe has open many portals across the universe that are merging infinite worlds together. Her purpose is to bring chaos among the worlds and destroy the universe.

- Many of Earth's heroes come together to battle against Darkseid and his massive army who are looking to conquer all of these worlds.

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: If DC is going to use Greek/Roman myth they should follow Greek/Roman myth as close as possible.

In Greek/Roman myth Ares the God of war is the father of Hippolyta.

In Greek/Roman myth Hercules slept with Hippolyta and got her pregnant before she was killed during Hercules 9th labor.

Here is a story I would love for the people at DC to use.

http://www.jestersjoker.com/Hercules_is_Wonder_Womans_Father.pdf

In this story Hippolyta falls in love with Hercules. Hera stirs the Amazons to attack Hercules and his men. Hercules thinking Hippolyta was planning to kill him tries to kill her but she survives.

In this story Hippolyta bears twins. When Hera finds out that Hercules and his men survive this battle and seeing that Hippolyta has born twins from Hercules turns Hippolyta's twins into clay statures.

3,000 years later Hippolyta on the beach of Paradise island Hippolyta is praying for a child and the gods grant her request and turns her twin daughters back into living beings and the twins start to cry and Hippolyta starts to cry.

But the sorceress Magala shows up and kidnaps one of the twins who later becomes Donna Troy

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Sounds lot like Fury's origin from Earth-2. Which isn't to say that I think it's bad. I like the origin for Fury. I just don't know if it fits for Wonder Woman.

AwesomeHobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersjoker: I love this as a way of keeping the clay origin but Diana actually not be just a dirt person. Like that's always just been kind of weird to me, like I accepted it, but I would accept this a lot more.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had my own idea for an alternative origin.

In my story Athena, and Artemis would become lovers, and in their union they would bare a goddess child. There is a prophecy that would cause all the other gods to see their child as a threat though as it is said that when the two virgin goddesses abandon their vows of chastity that a great change will occur in the heavens. Wanting to protect their child they seek to hide her, and they come to Aphrodite who as the Goddess of love was already aware of their union for help. They would decide that the only way to protect their child Diana would be to make her mortal, and give her to their most trusted follower to be raised, and protected.

Now I'd put thing back to the way Marston originally wrote the Amazons were they were all made from clay, and brought to live by Aphrodite. This given the Goddesses the perfect cover to explain how the now mortal Diana was born. When Hippolyta comes to Aphrodite's alter with her clay sculptor wishing to have a child, and it's at that moment the goddesses would come before her asking her to raise their child as her own. Now the clay sculpture could merge with the goddess Diana as she becomes mortal, or it could be put to the side to later become Donna, or Devastation.

So Diana is raised as a normal Amazon not knowing of the godly nature that lies within her. She is trained in their ways including their psionic abilities to use their mind power to increase their physical abilities. Eventually Diana discovers that she can push her abilities further then the other Amazons, and what's actually happening is that she's leaning to not just use her mind power, but also pull power from the divine source. All Amazons would use their bracers to focus their powers, but as Diana becomes more powerful she eventually needs them to keep her powers in check.

Now at the time of the challenge where Diana wins the right to be the Amazon's champion she probably wouldn't have become significantly more powerful then the other Amazons yet but it's understandable how some might see her as having an unfair advantage. To account for this I'd make it so the Amazons are actually stripped of their powers for the duration of the challenge. They'd do this by binding their bracers together with chains made from Amazonium which causes a feedback loop on their psionic abilities making them unable to use them.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still working on this but some suggestions of what to include would be nice.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

How about not including Kirby's galactic hell hole for starters?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.