inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

New York, NY – March 14th, 2014 – Strap in for a gut-wrenching, blood soaked tale of betrayal, vengeance and a hero’s death as 3 MONTHS TO DIE kicks off this June in WOLVERINE #8! All culminating in a grisly September finale that will have the whole world on the edge of their seat!

Friend. Teacher. X-Man. Avenger. Assassin. Hero. The man called Logan has worn many faces and lived many lives. Tortured by the horrors of his past, Logan has spent the better part of his life on a path to redemption.

But all paths eventually end. And there will be no happy ending for the Wolverine. Left without his healing factor, the invulnerable killing machine has found himself mortal for the first time in his long life. And as past sins come back to haunt him – he’ll have to pay the ultimate price.

"If the title sounds ominous, it's for a good reason," says Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. "What will be waiting for readers in September, when '3 Months to Die' is over? Let's just say, it's going to be the buzz of the comics world."

Alienated and alone with no X-Men to protect him, a killable Wolverine prepares to make his final stand. Deadly forces are closing in, and time is almost up. What will become of the Wolverine? And what does the Marvel Universe look like without him in it? Nothing lasts forever, and the beginning of the end starts this June in WOLVERINE #8!

The clock is ticking. Wolverine has 3 MONTHS TO DIE!

No Caption Provided

WOLVERINE #8

Written by PAUL CORNELL

Art by KRIS ANKA

Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

On Sale This June!

No Caption Provided

kilomac29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I see Stegman isn't doing the art. Hope this series doesn't turn into a rotation, I like Stegman on this book.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Let's hope it will last about a year. It will be a nice change of pace not seeing his face everywhere.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Doubtful but let's hope so... we could all use 6 months without Wolverine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

@wolverine08 Your favorite Wolverine writer has some fun stuff going on. :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine008

F$CK! F%CK! F%CK! F%CK F%CK!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's hope it will last about a year. It will be a nice change of pace not seeing his face everywhere.

That could be said about every major comic character.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

A depowered Wolverine should not be winning against Iron Fist and SHang Chi

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Superior Wolverine 2015

saphiremasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont kill him

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So when Marvel runs out of ideas for characters they just kill them off for a few months :-/

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hawkguy

Under Cornell's pen, he's been dead to fans for a while now

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A depowered Wolverine should not be winning against Iron Fist and SHang Chi

If Wolverine was still okay mentally like he was other times he has lost the healing factor, he would get a strong majority over Shang Chi in a H2H fight. Shang is entirely unimpressive in terms of actual feats, and is solely hype.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It would be too easy to troll you man so this time, I'll say sorry about this. I went through the same after last year's Dying Wish and Superior Spider-Man idiocy so I feel for your loss mate. They'll bring him back though, he's in too many comics to kill permanently.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

Under Cornell's pen, he's been dead to fans for a while now

sick burn bro

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@wolverine08 said:

It would be too easy to troll you man so this time, I'll say sorry about this. I went through the same after last year's Dying Wish and Superior Spider-Man idiocy so I feel for your loss mate. They'll bring him back though, he's in too many comics to kill permanently.

I can't do this much longer.

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon said:

Not really, do you compare Green Lantern's, Green Arrow's or Wonder Woman's panel time to Wolverine's?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MEH im not liking his comic right now so kill him

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08: Shang Chi has superpowers now remember

Ah, I actually forgot about that. I guess that Avengers World beating actually had some pay offs for him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

@squalleon said:

Not really, do you compare Green Lantern's, Green Arrow's or Wonder Woman's panel time to Wolverine's?

In terms of popularity, I really don't know why any of those three aforementioned characters are comparable to Wolverine. They aren't marketing machines like he is. He's more comparable to other over exposed super heroes like Batman, Superman, etc.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soo he is going to die ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@wolverine08 said:

@squalleon said:

In terms of popularity, I really don't know why any of those three aforementioned characters are comparable to Wolverine. They aren't marketing machines like he is. He's more comparable to other over exposed super heroes like Batman, Superman, etc.

Wonder Woman could be. Not sure why Green Lantern or Green Arrow are mentioned though..

Avatar image for atrocitustheferocious
atrocitustheferocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually happy. because this gives dc an edge in movie making. and for the marvel cinematic i think are going to get ruined. i mean it's disney. they are terrible with sequels. disney are the least trust worthy company. plus they are terrible with video games. all disney care about is money.they are probably going to ruin marvel. and i don't really care about star wars but to you star wars fans out there sry but disney will ruin it. also frozen and wreck it ralf sucked. I'm so angry they got picture. all these good companies and disney got it. omg. never sell your amazing product to disney. they can't be trusted to make a film.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually happy. because this gives dc an edge in movie making. and for the marvel cinematic i think are going to get ruined. i mean it's disney. they are terrible with sequels. disney are the least trust worthy company. plus they are terrible with video games. all disney care about is money.they are probably going to ruin marvel. and i don't really care about star wars but to you star wars fans out there sry but disney will ruin it. also frozen and wreck it ralf sucked. I'm so angry they got picture. all these good companies and disney got it. omg. never sell your amazing product to disney. they can't be trusted to make a film.

Not sure what your talking about at all.. BTW Wreck it Ralph was amazing.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

He'll probably die in the same way Nightwing "dies".

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Overlander

C'MON MARVEL!!!!! Put him in a body bag!!!!!!!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

@wolverine08 said:

@squalleon said:

GL and WW are major names, I mentioned them to you to understand how over exposed Wolverine is compared to the other A-listers. Yes Batman is almost as over-exposed as Wolverine and Superman to a lesser extent but the difference in these characters is that Wolverine has became a shell of a character( I can elaborate on that but i don't think it is necessary). And with the creative decisions marvel takes about him, killing him off will be a blessing to both the fans of the character and the ones that can't stand seeing his face everywhere.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping that they will kill him and give us 616 Jimmy Hudson

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08:

I really don't want to post some feats from his 50+ year career that would make Batman impressed so i'll just say your dead wrong

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

If they were planning on killing him why relaunch his solo title? Surely one of the half dozen titles he appears in could have been used to tell this story, like LaTour's Wolverine and the X-Men or Kyle and Yost's Amazing X-Men, which could use this kind of story to bring in a lot of new readers and make sure the book lasts longer than 12 issues.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Cournell's about to do another sh*tty Wolverine arc that no one would care about.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. It's a sad day to be a Wolverine fan.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

I really hope he doesn't die though. I haven't read much with him but I am fond of the character. If he does "die" I hope he doesn't get the Superior treatment, and eventually comes back in a dignified way.

No Caption Provided

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Maddpanda531
ArcGospell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope he would go away forever but I know that will never happen.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

@maddpanda531 They're not powers. His new abilities come from tech in his gauntlets given to him by Stark

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@inferiorego: Is this seriously what it's become?! "Fans"/commenters sobbing over not getting what they want or having their favorite character die? Lol, this is nuts because comic book characters always die and have a new writer rise up to the level of maybe some good stories down the road. Characters aren't always written badly forever.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

If Wolverine was still okay mentally like he was other times he has lost the healing factor, he would get a strong majority over Shang Chi in a H2H fight. Shang is entirely unimpressive in terms of actual feats, and is solely hype.

I respectfully disagree, although I do see Wolverine as the better martial artist out of experience and knowledge. A de-powered Wolverine, who's at peace of mind (which he clearly hasn't been in his recent series) would probably still beat Shang-Chi, but I see it as a drawn out fight and not like their first encounter. However, to take on both Shang and Danny at the same time? At least he'll be "dying" with some impressive accolades...

If it's any consolation, I'm sure they won't keep him under for very long. And maybe all of this and the past year of (in my opinion) incredibly poor writing for Wolverine would have been just one lengthy bad dream...

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I was thinking the same thing. Even depowered I see Logan beating Shang. But he does have his gauntlets and that is a problem.

Avatar image for technobacon2014
TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I can only say one thing

CARRYON MY WAYWARD SON!

THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DONE!

LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REST!

DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE!!!!

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not like this news at all! I might cry!

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kriminal

Doubtful but let's hope so... we could all use 6 months without Wolverine.

lol. you think he will be gone just because hes dead

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deaditegonzo

If the Marvel universe sees a surge in sales while he's dead, will they keep him dead? If so i'll take 100 copies of everything.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheBlackHood

Thank God, this Mary Sue needs a rest. I wonder what Jason Aaron will touch himself to if he doesn't have a Wolverine-centric book coming out every week?

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too happy about this.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

so in october he will go back to the logan we know and love? i have not read wolverine since he lost his powers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JakeN7

@theblackhood: Maybe he'll "touch himself" (really guy?) to the critical and commercial success he's been recieving for Thor: God of Thunder?

Anyways, fack this news. This is dumb...they better not actually kill him off.

Maybe Sabretooth will switch bodies with Logan. :P