why does everyone hate Wolverine's Yellow and Blue costume?

• 91 results

I know that it is cool to hate whatever everyone else hates. Kind of like Nickelback (but I like them, so suck on that, lol)

But what is the real reason why does this costumes get the sh!t end of the stick?

Because his brown and yellow looks more like a feline animal, maybe? 

No Caption Provided

Is like Sabretooth his costume he looked like a lion-man
 GrRRRRRrr im a scary rapist! :P
 GrRRRRRrr im a scary rapist! :P

I don't hate Yellow and Blue but I prefer the Brown and Orange.

I don't know what's so crap about the blue and yellow outfit, but I think that outfit is awesome. The brown and yellow is cool too

Because it's yellow?

They have yet to make a costume closely resembling this one in the movies, pretty sad. I think it is good.

I like it.

Cause yellow and blue looks a bit ridiculous? Especially compared to the brown and orange or the black and gray.

because it SUCKS!!!!!!!

to me that IS his costume, i honestly hate the brown and copper lookin one

I grew up with the yellow and blue  and  the brown costume.    I've always liked both but I have to say I like the x-force costume the best.  I never liked Nickel Back way back when they were unpop.   Watered down rock or wanna be metal.

I grew up watching the 90's cartoon so to me the yellow/blue "astonishing" costume is my favorite.

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                      I've always loved the blue and yellow,too bad my husband is too tall and skinny to pull off the look!
                                                                                                                     XD

It's his best outfit. I love it.

I think it's pretty much up to the artists whether any of Wolverine's outfits look awesome beyond comprehension or downright embarassing. Adam Kubert or Marc Silvestri for an example could make Wolverine look feral and cool even if he'd had to draw him wearing ha pink ballet suit. John Bryne's Wolverine looked also very impressive. John Romita Jr. way of illustrating his astonishing never appealed to me, though.
 I like the brown and tan the best, ewspecially if the brown parts are colored a little bit reddish. The colors of Daken's brown and tan costume in the Siege arc were a bit weird, though. I think his costume was a bit too bright, making him look like the inevitable Caramell and Nougat Man XD 

@X-93: 
Yupp, black and grey is cool. Too bad it's getting a bit overused among all the darker, grittier characters.

His yellow & blue outfit is what i first saw of wolverine in the 90's so to me its his greatest look .

The blue and yellow gets so much flak cause its everywhere!   At the time he got really popular and is in every other book on every other page, thats what he was usually wearing.

the yellow and blues are pretty awesome and are iconic in their own right but the brown and tan fit his character better

Cheesy. xP 

X-Force is the best.

C
ause Logan isn't swedish

They have the same colors. 

Even though it makes me think of the Michigan Wolverines, who I'm not a fan of, I grew up with the blue and yellow outfit, the brown and yellow one just looks wrong to me.

I actually think it looks awesome. Not sure why people don't like it.    The brown and yellow one is awesome too.

@Billy Batson said:     

C
ause Logan isn't swedish

They have the same colors. 

"

logans Canadian actually
@Nobody said:
" I like it. "
NOBODY Likes it.

Man that joke never gets old
@marvelcomicsandbatmanfanatic: I know that.
" @Billy Batson said: 

Cause Logan isn't swedish

ah! don't sat that I just made this
But now that you say it I do love the X-Force one best

i don't know one single person who hates wolverine costume. Not their favorite. yes. Hate it. no

I like that costume. -_-

the yellow and blue is my favorite.

Only Banana Man wears blue and yellow......

No Caption Provided

I like it, but I don't think that it's manly enough.

Brown and Tan is the best.
#33 god_spawn  Moderator

yellow and true blue
#34 vance_astro  Moderator

The gold and blue is his best costume.

Because the colors are too bright and doesn't go with his character I like the costume he wears in X-Force better 

No Caption Provided

Im kinda suprised Wolverine even worries about a costume XD
@VenomX10 said:
" Im kinda suprised Wolverine even worries about a costume XD "
Especially since a lot of the time he has no idea who he himself is. Also since most people know who he is, in and out of costume.

I just prefer street clothes on characters usually. Unless it works, and Wolverine's spandex doesn't work for me.

I don't see anything wrong with Logan's blue and yellow costume. It's alright though.

Ikea man.  
Baffles his enemies with an assortment of fiendishly convoluted flat pack furniture.

I don't think everybody hates it. I personally don't think it suits the character; because wolverines aren't blue or black and yellow. The reason he has a blue/black and yellow costume at all is because the designer, John Romita Sr., had no idea what a wolverine looks like. He looked it up in the encyclopedia and saw a description that said "catlike carnivore." Hence, the "catlike" costume. Full story here.

Anyway, Jim Lee took credit for bringing the costume back, so I blame him.

i love Wolverine's blue and yellow costume. it's the best for me

I love the yellow and blue. When I first read X-Men he had his brown and tan but then I found out about his first outfit and I have liked it more since that day.

I must say that I understand the gripe thou Canary yellow and congratulations you just had a boy blue are not the most feral colors in the crayon box.

It's a classic, I don't hate it. I grew up with it.

Blue and Yellow makes him hard to take serious the black and grey (X force) is the best but for some reason comics always have him lookin like a homeless man

I like the blue and yellow one, I just like the yellow and brown one and the black and grey ones better. It seems like bright blue and yellow would make you a target in the battlefield (though Logan may enjoy that aspect of the color scheme, come to think of it), and like others have said, a wolverine is not blue or yellow, so it's just kind of an odd color scheme to go with.

Because it looks stupid.

Its great, its the University of Michigan colors.

Its always been my favorite one.