• 50 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

At the X-Men panel at New York Comic Con, it was announced that we'll be seeing a weekly comic in 2015 continuing the Logan Legacy. WOLVERINES follows the events started in DEATH OF WOLVERINE and we'll see different characters with ties to Wolverine form a pretty bizarre alliance. The series will be written by Charles Soule and Ray Fawkes with art by Nick Bradshaw and others.

We spoke with Soule and Fawkes to find out what's going on with this series and how these characters will be able to work together.

No Caption Provided

COMIC VINE: The first issue comes out in January. So Wolverine is still dead, huh?

RAY FAWKES: Yep. Very dead. But his legacy lives on.

CHARLES SOULE: Ray said it.

CV: With this being a weekly series, will we see arcs focusing on certain characters or will see multiple story lines interwoven together?

RF: A little of both. There are certain story lines that are woven through the entire structure, tying the separate arcs together in the “big picture” - but there are smaller arcs that focus on certain events or certain characters.

CS: Yup. We’re going all-in on the plotting here. The book works like a big puzzle or machine, with gears meshing together to deliver one hell of an issue-by-issue experience that adds up to a huge punch as we get to the end.

Wolverines #1 Dell'Otto Variant
Wolverines #1 Dell'Otto Variant

CV: Are the different heroes and villains going to work together (without killing each other)?

RF: Well, they are going to work together. And they might kill each other. So long as the job gets done, some of these guys aren’t going to blink twice if a few of them die off… and we get into the heart of that right at the start of the story...

CV: Who is going to lead this crazy group of violent characters?

RF: That’s a battle in itself. When you’ve got characters like Mystique, Daken, Sabretooth, X-23, and Lady Deathstrike in a room, there’s going to be some jostling of egos, no? And some competing agendas too… you’ll see some characters trying to push to the front in obvious ways, and others seeing if they can manipulate their compatriots more quietly. And it won’t always be who you expect on either side...

CS: We’re not looking at this as a typical “team” book. It’s more like a bunch of ego-driven, angry, deadly characters who get thrown together for reasons to be revealed. I would suggest, however, that everyone check out the two series hitting just after the end ofDEATH OF WOLVERINE – THE LOGAN LEGACY. I write issues 1 (drawn by Oliver Nome) and 7 (drawn by Peter Nguyen), and the issues in between are created by a bunch of amazing writers/artists, including Ray and WEAPON X PROJECT (written by me and drawn by the great Salvador Larroca). Those books introduce some of the new characters who will be playing a big role in WOLVERINES, and they’re really cool books in their own right. While you don’t have to read those two series to jump into Wolverines, it certainly won’t hurt, either.

No Caption Provided

CV: What is their end goal? What will they do with the secrets they discover?

RF: Ah… I don’t think we can talk about this yet. Charles, do you want to hint at anything?

CS: Right – the idea is that the whole series works like a gigantic game of Mousetrap, with everything, big and small, leading to a huge ending that I think no one will see coming. So, there’s no way we’ll spoil the end, but I can say that there’s an overarching “plan” within the story that involves all of the characters, and someone in the story knows much more about that plan than the others do.

CV: Will there be any antagonists or will it be enough for them to get along with each other?

RF: Oh yeah, there are antagonists. With this crew and the enemies they’ve all accumulated in their time? There are antagonists just itching to get at them. Climbing over each other, I’d say.

CS: We introduce one of the series biggest antagonists at the end of Issue 1, but there are many people they’ll go up against, just as Ray suggests. The badder the better, honestly. The enemy for the first arc is a character who opens up some really bizarre doors – we get to do some seriously odd things just because he’s in the book, and I think that’s something Ray and I really welcomed. It gets strange fast, and never stops being weird.

WOLVERINES #2
WOLVERINES #2

CV: Will other X-characters be involved in the series?

RF: Yeah. We’re just plotting out a couple of issues that feature one of the other X-teams, and there are lots of cameos and assorted appearances throughout. Our heroes (?) are very much a part of the X-Men universe, and it makes sense that they’d cross paths with the others on a regular basis.

Plus, if I were the X-Men, I’d be pretty uncomfortable seeing this assembly of ne’er-do-wells running around together. Uncomfortable enough to intervene, probably…

CS: You know, I’ve never written any X-Men other than Wolverine and Kitty Pryde, both in DEATH OF WOLVERINE. I’m not going to pass up a chance to tell some stories involving those guys. Now, which X-Men, and how they fit into the whole churning adventure that is WOLVERINES… you’ll find out in January!

WOLVERINES #5 & 9
WOLVERINES #5 & 9

Guess we'll have to wait to find out more! Look for WOLVERINES in 2015.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Marvel : yup we kill wolverine but after that we do weekly series about "wolverines"

Oh well no surprise for everyone since Wolverine sales well

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By lagozzino

Kinda fitting, given that Logan's true legacy is a history of market saturation.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait, thats not a zombie Wolverine, right? please tell me it isn't!

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Is this death seed Daken or has he been fully resurrected somehow?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hhhhhmmmmmmm

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TimeLordScience

Nice to see Soule undertaking a big project.

Though I question the decision to put Bradshaw on a series predominantly featuring villains when his style is so cartoony...he should have stayed on Guardians...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Art by Nick Bradshaw? AWESOME! I am getting this!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gee thanks DC, you had to go and start this weekly series crap. Thanks, but no thanks. I seem to regret reading Batman Eternal about every other week.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: True but you would think the artist of the opening arc would be the one that sets the tone. It seems weird to have Bradshaw do art on what is likely to be a violent book. I don't feel his style really lends itself to that but maybe I'm in the minority on this one.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

my thoughts exactly, im scratching the hell outta my head right now.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

Will this be $3.99?? I mean, DC already pushes it with $2.99 weeklies, but a 4 dollar weekly seems insane.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I really,really can't wait for this to come out. How can 2015 be so far away.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Sabertooth will be more like Mr.Creed now?) Will he remain inverted?

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would have been nice to have us some Lord Deathstrike in the mix too... but never mind.

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tchalla3000

I may be lost on some aspects of Wolverine's life, but why is Mystique there? I know they had a thing back in the day, but that was a while ago.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainhoopla: Uhgg, I agree. This actually looks good but weekly is just too much.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be lost on some aspects of Wolverine's life, but why is Mystique there? I know they had a thing back in the day, but that was a while ago.

For example one word: Raze...)

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would read it if Sabretooth ripped X-23's head off...

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hassun

Just don't try to replace Wolverine with another character. When you kill a character it shouldn't be to replace him with a character with similar powers. We should be able to feel the loss/absence.

X-23 couldn't be in a worse position than she is at the moment getting completely character-assassinated by Brian Michael Bendis but forcing her into a book she has very little reason to be on is not helping either. And making her even more like Wolverine is just about the dumbest thing they could be doing with a clone character.

Note to Marvel editorial: Do not force characters into comic books just to have them appear in comic books. All it results in is terribly written characters.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FKYEAH!! MORE WOLVERINE STUFF!!! GONNA GET ITTTTT!!!

Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Autopsad

I'm only going to read it beacuse Essex and Mystique are involved...

But who the hell is the guy in a black suit on the first cover ?!

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WOLVERINE ETERNAL?
Ugghhh I hate Weekly comics.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gee, unwinnable crowd much? The fact that Wolverine will (temporarily) stop being in too many books at once (any of them, in fact) as was the main complaint against the character is now replaced by the complaint of there being too many minis and tie-ins to DoW. Even if half of those are actually not latching Wolverine on to anything else and therefore don't require the people that are tired of Wolverine to buy them.

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least X-23 managed to escape that butcher, Bendis.

Also, based off that first pic, looks like Jimmy's about to get gang-banged.

Wolverine-wannabe style.

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ChillinNKillin

Dat Sabertooth variant cover tho...

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda fitting, given that Logan's true legacy is a history of market saturation.

lol

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@chillinvillain: I know right, that's a wicked cover. I am hyped for this series.I actually like Creed and Daken so wil be following this because of them.....Diffrently, I hope this is popular enough to stick.

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOLVERINES! hehe I can't believe no one has done that yet

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

wish they did something with Erista ...

Skv00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Daken survived the events in Uncanny Avengers

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

I wonder if Raze, the future son of Wolverine and Mystique is going to be in this.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gee thanks DC, you had to go and start this weekly series crap. Thanks, but no thanks. I seem to regret reading Batman Eternal about every other week.

Just wait until someone floats the idea of daily comics!

"Well newspapers can do it, so why can't we? and we'll charge $4.99!"

"Genius idea! Now, who else can we 'kill' off?"

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

The Wolverines sounds like something I would buy and that Sabretooth variant cover is really cool.

cobsohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love weekly comics. It's like TV without hiatuses. Events have already been weekly comics anyway just with different titles on top. Godhead is actually two books a week, and to me that's even better. I don't know why anyone would complain about more comics purely by the fact that there's more. I read Baternal and Futures End, plus World's End is already on my pull list. I guess I'm part of the problem right?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#37  Edited By Teerack

And so begins...

No Caption Provided

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#38  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

All I want is a Wolverine less Marvel universe. Why can I never have my wish?

No Caption Provided

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@teerack said:

And so begins...

No Caption Provided

Hahahaha, so accurate xD

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laura <3 X-23 is involved..count me in.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I much prefer Sabretooth with long hair. Never been a fan of his short shaved hair look. :/

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not all that pumped about sinister being involved. It's always Clones clones CLONES.

Sudden death against mystique? CLONES.

Burned crispy by the phoenix? CLONES.

I hate clones. (I'm looking at you x-23)

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down I love most of the characters involved.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By asjmooney

Don't particularly care for wolverine but this has really peaked my interest. X23, Mystique and Lady Deathstrike are all characters i'm interested in so I may just give this a go.

I'm a huge fan of DC's weekly titles (mainly eternal) so here's hoping Marvel's is equally as satisfying.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

Gee, unwinnable crowd much? The fact that Wolverine will (temporarily) stop being in too many books at once (any of them, in fact) as was the main complaint against the character is now replaced by the complaint of there being too many minis and tie-ins to DoW. Even if half of those are actually not latching Wolverine on to anything else and therefore don't require the people that are tired of Wolverine to buy them.

People like to gripe. Nothing more popular than complaining about over popular, and over popularized, characters. What's funny is folks still do it like it's the original thing to do. Like they're somehow being "alternative" in their comic book preferences by denouncing those that "sell well".

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@autopsad: Is that a new Ronin maybe?

Anyway, when DC announced their weeklies, didn't they say they'd each last one year? I don't see any mention here of how long this will run for. Maybe that means until it stops selling?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

all I have to say about this series is: 'TOLD YA SO, TOLD YA SO, TOLD YA TOLD YA TOLD YA SO'

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jota23

Marvel is managing to overexpose Wolverine even worse, after he died.

It finally seemed the character could get a respite from the crap that were the last ten years of his stories but he can't even have that!

What a horror show this is! A terrible cast, written by the latest in a long line of writers who get overhyped through the roof in minor titles, before people realize they actually suck, drawn by an artist who's not only awfull, but also completely unsuited for the type of book it is.

Logan needs to stay dead. It's bad enough they're associating his name with this crap, but if he comes back to these kind of stories, he'd be better of dying again!

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By HellionVulcan

@maccyd said:

my thoughts exactly, im scratching the hell outta my head right now.

Considering one of the covers ......

No Caption Provided
@nickxh said:

I much prefer Sabretooth with long hair. Never been a fan of his short shaved hair look. :/

same it always annoys me that he gets a clean look when hes not being a villain