How OLD IS WOLVERINE?!

HLW186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wolverine's wiki page states he was born "James Howlett in the late 1880's" but the opening sequence of the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine shows him and his brother, Sabertooth, fighting as grey coats in the Civil War, followed by World War I, II, and Vietnam. The Civil War began in 1861. (Oh, and just my own thoughts, he probably would have fought in the Spanish-American War, too.)

IF that movie follows ANY comic book timeline, he had to been born somewhere around 1830-1840s... the youngest soldiers allowed to fight were 16. Did someone goof on making that movie (even though I personally thought it very well written) or has someone goofed on their history in writing his wiki page?

My question, basically, is how old IS Wolverine?

FYI, I'm just starting to really get into X-Men. I've always liked them, but never read a single comic book. I'm basing this purely on the movies and what I can find on the internet.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hlw186: It was a dumb plot hole in Origins. Wolverine wasn't born until around 15 years after the Civil War ended. 1880s.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Late 1880's.

He's 125-130.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yep, in the origins book the tombstone shows his older brother John was born in 1885, so I guess about 1887/8. The Origins film took a lot of liberties with Wolverine's story, I mean sabretooth being his brother and all that.....

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@hlw186: Do not take anything from X-Men Origins: Wolverine seriously

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Around 210 by wolverine; end. Old man Logan is likely in the 300s.