If you could make a werewolf movie, what would the rules be?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By amazing_webhead
  • What is their "wolf" form like? A hairy man? An anthropomorphic wolf? An ordinary wolf? A human with lupine features? Do they have tails?
  • Do they transform under the full moon? Every night? At will?
  • How much control do they have? Full control? Animal mind? Mindless killing machine? Does how long they're in wolf form make a difference?
  • Weaknesses. Can only silver kill them, or does silver just work best? What about wolfbane or mistletoe?
  • Does only a bite spread it? Or can it be passed down from parent to child? And if so, does it kick in at a certain age?
  • Is there a cure? If so, is there a time limit for it?
  • Some versions of werewolves travel in "packs". Some are just individual monsters.
  • The Universal movie had things like "they see the pentagram on the palm of their next victim" or "exposing their corpse to moonlight will bring them back to life"

And any other details you can think of.

Comrade_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Comrade_Stalin

1. Anthropomorphic wolf is the most badass. Give it some measure of healing factor, agility, and super strength as well.

2. I would say new bloods will have less control over their forms when the moon is up, they can still will themselves to transform during the day but moonlight causes them to become more bloodlusted. Elder werewolves would have almost complete control over their transformations.

3. Their first transformations would have a nearly full fledged bestial mind. As they learn through each night, they can exert more control over their wolf selves. I would say they still retain personalities but is heavily driven by lust for hunting, so they are still human minds with a wolf bestiality superimposed over them. The more experience the lycanthrope has, the more humanity and common sense manifest during their transformations.

4. Silver should be the best way to kill them but not the only way. I would give them a healing factor which allows them to recover from automatic weapons, shrapnel, incineration, and regrow lost fingers but falling from World Trade Center or getting decapitated or shot with a missile would still kipl them.

5. This is the tricky part. I would say that the child should inherit some of the wolf genes and more manifest as they age. At puberty, they should gain peak human level physique which allows them to perform extraordinary feats of agility and strength, but they won't gain the ability to transform unless bitten or unless they willingly drink human blood. As they grow older, their bestiality will cause them to crave for blood and hunting preys, and touching silver might enforce this.

6. I'd just like to make this a fantasy setting because sci-fi werewolves are boring. The werewolves should be a curse by certain demonic entities (though some will consider it a blessing). If they are able to resist themselves and undergo a Pseudo-Christian type purging ritual which is excruciatingly painful they should be cured. The more time they have spent being a werewolf would amplify this pain, and even worst, they will have to mentally combat their wolf spirits.

7. I would make them a "tribe" or "clan".

Other details: No talking in beast form, but intelligent werewolves retain reasoning ability so they can still use tools and weapons if focused.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FuzzyLittleRodent

Rules? F*ck rules! There aint no rules in a monster movie! Let the blood and gore begin!

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rouflex

I'm going to edit this comment and answer to this thread later on.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

• They're big and tall have mostly wolf features, but with man arms and legs, the face's snouts are a bit shorter. 6 or 7 feet tall, I don't want them to be too much taller and bigger than the hero to make it believable he can kill these things.
  • Only under the full moon, these people aren't evil they are victums of circumstances who can't control themselves, this will make it harder for the hero to kill the werewolves.
  • They have no control, but they can remember bits and pieces from being the werewolf form
  • Silver
  • Only if bitten
  • A cure is to kill the werewolf that bit them.
  • They're individuals
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

• Wolf form is like an anthropomorphic wolf
  • They mostly only transform under the full moon, though it's possible to transform at will with enough focus
  • Similar to above, enough focus can make a difference. Full control isn't possible, but focus can lead to holding it back some or aiming it at a specific target
  • Silver just works best, but there are other ways. Outside of that's there's no special weaknesses.
  • It can be spread through a bite, along with being passed down from parent to child. It kicks in around the time puberty starts.
  • No cure.
  • Depends on the werewolf. Some prefer to travel alone while some prefer to travel in packs.
  • No human voice in werewolf form (that was probably obvious, but I felt like mentioning it)
ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mine might be too similar to the classic version D:

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By amazing_webhead

My werewolves would look mostly humanoid, (a little taller than their human form) but with wolflike features. (Fur, hocked legs, dog-like nose, high pointed ears, brow and nose bridge protrude slightly) Werewolves always transform on the 4 nights of a full moon (the night marked on a calendar and the nights before & after) and have animalistic minds (with little-to-no memory of what they did). However, some werewolves have mastered control and can change at will, retaining their human minds (though they're still more volatile and keep some animal habits), but they still involuntarily change during the full moon with slightly less control.

In human form a werewolf is naturally compelled to be more physically active, so they exercise, do more sports, and become more provocative and sexual. Their hair and nails grow faster. They enjoy eating meat and going barefoot. They're also very dog like with their actions, such as sleeping on their stomach or to like being scratched and petted. They become more confident, loud, and active. They're not immortal, but they do age at a far slower rate.

Silver is poisonous to them. They have a healing factor which makes it extremely difficult, but not impossible, to kill them without silver. Even in human form, they heal from things like cuts and diseases very fast. Wolfbane and mistletoe can fend off a werewolf, or keep one in human form from changing. When killed, a werewolf will revert to human form. It's also possible to resurrect a dead werewolf in a mystic ritual that involves exposing their remains to the light of a full moon. Also, whatever form they're in, they get airsick very easily.

A bite will make someone a werewolf. The bite heals quickly, but leaves a lasting scar. It's often (but not always) passed from parent to child, and can kick in at any time from ages 13 to 18. The only known preventive is the rare Tibetan flower, the "Marifasa lupina lumina" (as seen in the 1935 movie "Werewolf of London"). The effects only last for one night.

Werewolves with no control are "lone wolves" by default. Werewolves that have mastered control either stay lone or, sometimes, form packs.

The exact origin of Werewolves is unknown. There are different legends of how they began in various mythologies, including Greek, Norse, and even Mesopotamian. There is a silver-headed cane that is said by the Gypsies to have the power to control werewolves, currently in the possession of Lawrence Talbot.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• What is their "wolf" form like? A hairy man? An anthropomorphic wolf? An ordinary wolf? A human with lupine features?
  • Do they transform under the full moon? Every night? At will?
  • How much control do they have? Full control? Animal mind? Mindless killing machine? Does how long they're in wolf form make a difference?
  • Weaknesses. Can only silver kill them, or does silver just work best? What about wolfbane or mistletoe?
  • Does only a bite spread it? Or can it be passed down from parent to child? And if so, does it kick in at a certain age?
  • Is there a cure? If so, is there a time limit for it?
  • Some versions of werewolves travel in "packs". Some are just individual monsters.

And any other details you can think of.

• Anthropomorphic , probably very similar to the Lycans in the Underworld series.
  • I'm thinking they could do it at will over time, but on the night of the full moon they transform regardless of if they want to or not. UNLESS they have full gained control of the form, then the moon wont have any effect on them, besides a stat boost.
  • If they do it at will, then they would have full control, but if they transform unintentionally because of the full moon, then they will start with no control, but are capable of slowly gaining control the longer they stay in the form and the more they are used to being in it.
  • None of the typical werewolf weakness, if you want to kill it your going to have to completely destroy its brain otherwise its going to regenerate. You can also cause the werewolf to revert if you manage to knock it out, but no regular human will be able to do this with their own strength.
  • A bite from a werewolf that has no control over itself will spread, but a person who has gained control of the form who bites another wont "infect" the victim unless they want to. Those who have control of the form have the ability to control whether the "infection" is being secreted from the salivary glands or not.
  • The infection is also hereditary, once you are infected you more or less now have a "Wolf Gene". So if somebody with the gene/infection reproduces, the offspring will be born with the gene/infection. It also wont get diluted overtime, so it can pass down for generations even if its only "hybrids" breeding with regular humans, none of that 1/16th werewolf nonsense, if your great great great great grandfather had it, you have it too, no getting around it. Only way to stop it from passing on to offspring, is to not reproduce.
  • For the sake of not having to worry about infant werewolves running (crawling?) around, id say it doesn't start happening until around the age the individual starts going through puberty.
  • The only "cure" is to gain control of the form, once you do that you don't have to transform anymore if you don't want to, but if you go a long period of time without using it, the individual is susceptible to lose control and unintentionally transform at the site of a full moon. So if the individual wants to stay in control of it and not have to worry about the risk of accidently turning on a full moon, taking the form on occasion is recommended.
  • No time limit for people who have gained control of the form. For those who haven't learned to control it they revert once the full moon is gone, is rendered unconscious, or killed. A person who has gained control will also revert if knocked out, and obviously if they are killed.
  • These werewolves don't naturally travel in packs, people with no control are predators but they don't travel or hunt with others. Now individuals with control of the form might, but that all depends on their personal preferences, some people like to be in groups, some don't.
  • No communicating in wolf form, or at least no speaking, they can communicate the way real wolves do, but no actual talking with words.
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex said:

It's later on!

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex said:

It's later on!

LOL... I forgot about it for a long time bro... However earlier today i had a ''OH YEAH...I totally forgot'' and since this morning its all about Procrastination :P.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Blood, Gore and low budget special effects

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rouflex

@amazingwebhead:

Note:I rebooted my character so many time... At first his name was Wolfman but he changed over the years and is not a werewolf anymore but i do see (more or less) werewolves like this (Taking out the hell part and the race thing, i think they can bring fear and feed on it... I also think that if you kill a member of his pack he will feel depressed and he will feel anger/rage leading to brainlessness if he's the last member of his pack... Underworld appearance and bite is the way they get transformed...Immortality via regeneration...).

Basically my werewolf like race is not a demon but get their source of energy from the devil. He have the ability to transform at will, have full control over his transformation and his healing factor is bringing him theorical immortality (Meaning one can commit suicide via privation... I think you get that this wont stop them from feeling Universe end). He has a aura around him causing fear (He can block it on a certain degree), this fear makes him stronger (So he's stronger in a field full of humans). His weakness is divine/holy energy, silver can block his movements but not forever. His appearance is similar to the Underworld one and the devil cannot do anything against them or otherwhise God will get on his case. The Werewolves are creatures who are supposed to show the good side of Lucifer and if he try to corrupt them or control them he will go back in hell. The originals are not human but the humans can only be transformed by soul corruption (Which is not the same from a monster to a other, but bite is a way) and that's the twist of Lucifer, some souls cant support it and dies horribly. When they die, if they were ''saints'' they go in a special part of hell which is similar to Heaven. Lucifer cant acces to that place whenever he want, if Lucifer is trapped to hell this part is blocked to him but not to some ''bad ones''. The genre would be a Superhero genre, this race could be seen as my universe goodish just like DComics Atlanteans and Marvel Asgardians... Eugenie Bouchard has to play in this!Interesting:P?

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: certainly the most creative one here. Bravo.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex: certainly the most creative one here. Bravo.

Now that i think about it... I havent read your *on my way to do so*.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My werewolves would look mostly humanoid, (a little taller than their human form) but with wolflike features. (Fur, hocked legs, dog-like nose, high pointed ears, brow and nose bridge protrude slightly) Werewolves always transform on the 3 nights of a full moon (the night marked on a calendar and the nights before & after) and have animalistic minds (with little-to-no memory of what they did). However, some werewolves have mastered control and can change at will, retaining their human minds (though they're still more volatile and keep some animal habits), but they still involuntarily change during the full moon with slightly less control.

A bite will make someone a werewolf. It can be (but isn't always) passed from parent to child, and kicks in around puberty.

Silver is poisonous to them. They have a healing factor which makes it extremely difficult, but not impossible, to kill them without silver. Wolfbane and mistletoe can fend off a werewolf, or keep one in human form from changing. When killed, a werewolf will revert to human form. Also, whatever form they're in, they get airsick very easily.

The only known cure is the rare Tibetan flower, the "Marifasa lupina lumina" (as seen in the 1935 movie "Werewolf of London"). It can cure someone who was bitten, but not someone who got it from a parent.

Werewolves are "lone wolfs". However, at one point during the middle ages, a group of werewolves formed a tribe together in the woods where they could live.

You write better in english than i do ­>.>... What would be the title of it? Have you think about the strenght level of your werewolves? What would be the genre of this movie? How are the health and regeneration level of those who had the cure? Does the tibetan flower disturb the natural borns at all? Am i asking way too many questions?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

You made the vampire thread right?

You should bump that!

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By amazing_webhead
@rouflex said:

@amazingwebhead said:

My werewolves would look mostly humanoid, (a little taller than their human form) but with wolflike features. (Fur, hocked legs, dog-like nose, high pointed ears, brow and nose bridge protrude slightly) Werewolves always transform on the 3 nights of a full moon (the night marked on a calendar and the nights before & after) and have animalistic minds (with little-to-no memory of what they did). However, some werewolves have mastered control and can change at will, retaining their human minds (though they're still more volatile and keep some animal habits), but they still involuntarily change during the full moon with slightly less control.

A bite will make someone a werewolf. It can be (but isn't always) passed from parent to child, and kicks in around puberty.

Silver is poisonous to them. They have a healing factor which makes it extremely difficult, but not impossible, to kill them without silver. Wolfbane and mistletoe can fend off a werewolf, or keep one in human form from changing. When killed, a werewolf will revert to human form. Also, whatever form they're in, they get airsick very easily.

The only known cure is the rare Tibetan flower, the "Marifasa lupina lumina" (as seen in the 1935 movie "Werewolf of London"). It can cure someone who was bitten, but not someone who got it from a parent.

Werewolves are "lone wolfs". However, at one point during the middle ages, a group of werewolves formed a tribe together in the woods where they could live.

You write better in english than i do ­>.>... What would be the title of it? Have you think about the strenght level of your werewolves? What would be the genre of this movie? How are the health and regeneration level of those who had the cure? Does the tibetan flower disturb the natural borns at all? Am i asking way too many questions?

• I dunno, probably something referencing a famous wolf thing. Like "Hungry Like the Wolf" or "Huff and Puff".
  • Hmm...stronger than vampires, but not as strong as Frankenstein
  • Either horror or fantasy/adventure. Maybe a little of both
  • About what their human form was last at. Their physical condition is the same, but they're still back to being mortal.
  • Maybe it temporarily suppresses their powers. They might get a head cold or something
  • Not really
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Any who, my wolves:

-They turn to wolf/man hybrids (like in Underworld)

-They change completely at will, full moon is a myth

-They have complete control for the duration of their transformation

-Silver causes an allergic reaction, it burns them and a fatal shot can kill them, but so can other, regular bullets. Wolfsbane does nothing

-It's only spread via bite, not birth

-There is no cure

-Most travel in packs for safety and comfort.

-THEY ARE NOT IMMORTAL. They age regularly, but have enhanced healing factors and senses even in human form.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. They turn into wolfmen only under the full moon.

2. While in wolf state they are near immortal.

3. The only thing that can truly harm/kill them is silver

4. The bitten can learn to control their wolf state

5.Vampires are their mortal enemies.

Beata

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• I could never decide whether I preferred werewolves to be like giant wolves or how Professor Lupin looked in The Prisoner of Azkaban....
  • They can only transform under the full moon.
  • They have virtually no control over their actions, they are ruthless killers, but some may retain memories from being in wolf form. Unless they inherit the "wolf genes" from one of their parents, in which case they can learn to control their wolf form over time.
  • Only silver can kill them.
  • It can be passed on through bites and parent to child, kicks in around puberty.
  • There could be certain plants which when taken the day before the full moon lessen the effects, or make them have control over their actions whilst in the wolf form.
  • They are lone wolves, although parents and children may hang together in their wolf form.
  • They have super strength and healing factor.
  • When they are in human form, touching silver causes a rash to develop.
  • When in their human form they have a slightly wild look about them e.g. tangled hair and dirty fingernails. They also have slightly bigger canines than normal humans. They may also have dog like characteristics in their human form depending on how long they have been a werewolf.
  • They are not immortal

@amazingwebhead

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cybernetics

@amazing_webhead: This is my version of a Werewolf, precisely The First Werewolf, based on the Greek Mythology.

1. Only the progenitor transform at will, but the Average werewolf Transform only when they're hungry.

2. Progenitor Full Control (His Human part is a monster too, so doesn't really matter), Average Werewolf is half-half.

3. Progenitor only weakness is Lightning (example: down there), Bulletproof.

3.1 Average Werewolk skin can be slightly pierced by high-calliber bullets (.50 BMG), leaving some littleblood, but don't pierce full, Lightning and Silver at the Heart.

4. Bites spread it, but only the ones who got an evil soul (like Lycaon) are cursed by this.

5. No cure.

7. Average Werewolf is 8 foot tall, 2.5-5 Tons, bullet timer reaction (around Mach 1), and age at a ratio of (10 years = 1 year) so High longevity and skin can be barely pierced by high-calliber bullets, making him bleed but still not enough to kill, but enough to make him care about it.

8. Lycaon is 10 Tonner, casual bullet timer (Mach 3), bulletproof, Immortal (cursed to live forever) and etc... Got a lot to write about him still but is very powerful.

Story

Lycaon is a half-man, half-wolf but entirely monster. After being cursed by Zeus to living all eternity as a Monster bacause his cruelties as human being such things as sacrifices.

• Alignment: Evil
  • Race: Werewolf
  • Alias: The First Werewolf
  • Height: 3,00 m | 10 Foot
  • Weight: 500 kg | 1100 Pounds
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black

Superpowers

• Immortality
  • Super Strength
  • Super Durability
  • Super Speed
  • Super Leap
  • Super Senses
  • Claws & Fangs
  • Shapeshifting
  • Healing Factor

Weakness

• Lightning: (The depicted weapon of his creator)

How will Look

No Caption Provided

Not finished about Lycaon. I got a project on him (I have a blog) and weekly I add something. that's it.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybernetics: awesome work :) love the detail put in and glad someone else found this thread

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cybernetics

@amazing_webhead: Oh, thanks. I really life Werewolves and Mythic Creatures, even more those with Humanoid-alike appearance, I like Dragons too.