Update on the 'Wanted 2' Script

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Back in 2008, Timur Bekmambetov's Wanted, a comic book movie based on Mark Millar and J.G. Jones' limited series, opened in theaters. The comic never had a follow-up, but it's looking there has been some progress the movie receiving a sequel. During an interview with ComingSoon, Marc Platt says the script is underway and getting better. He also explains why it has taken a good amount of time to move forward with the project. “We have a script that’s getting pretty good. To do a sequel when it wasn’t really set up for a sequel – one of our main characters dies in it. You don’t want to just retread a similar story, but when we get the script to a certain bar, there will be a sequel. It’s taken a while because it’s challenging, as I said, because we lost a main, main character, so where that James McAvoy character goes now… we have good ideas though. It’s coming along.”

No Caption Provided

As for whether or not Mark Millar -- the writer of the limited series -- will be involved, Platt said he will be, but not when it comes to creating the screenplay. “He’s always going to be involved but he’s not going to write the screenplay which is far along, as I said, but he’s always going to be involved because the tone he puts forth is so much his tone and I think the film captured that dark humor of his really well.” Do you want to see a Wanted sequel, and, if so, do you think Bekmambetov should direct again?

Source: ComingSoon.net

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Another franchise that took too long to make a sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First one was entertaining. I don't know if it was good from a moviemaking standpoint but I'd see the sequel.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this movie so I'm so DTW a sequel.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not fussed to be honest. I wont be rushong to the cinema to see it, but I'll watch it eventually.

Kondorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 13

Did not like the comic, did not like the movie... well... my opinion is not negative... more like indifferent... but I would like to hear about that Darkness movie... which is supposed to feature a heavy cameo of Sara Pezzini...
that is something I would really like to see done well...

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By BigL

I don't think this needs a sequel, and if it does get one I hope it doesn't end up like Sin City 2

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought the first one was alright, nothing to brag about but entertaining. I'd give the second one a shot but it wouldn't be at the top of my list of must watch movies.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"based on"

let's be honest here...there was absolutely nothing about that movie that was based on the book other than the name...I enjoyed the movie...it was fun but that movie had nothing to do with the book

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Is this really necessary. I mean it was a okay movie but not that good at all.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hell yes. Finally.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Interesting. Didn't even know that there was ever a sequel even in development. I watched the movie once a couple years ago. It was entertaining enough, but I don't see myself caring about or seeing a sequel. I do like McAvoy though. I completely forgot that he was the main character in that movie.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"based on"

let's be honest here...there was absolutely nothing about that movie that was based on the book other than the name...I enjoyed the movie...it was fun but that movie had nothing to do with the book

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Nice.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one wants a sequel of Wanted anymore.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#18  Edited By The Impersonator

I've always wanted a sequel.