Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Incoming "The Flash" artist Brett Booth revealed a few more details on April's New 52 debut of beloved and long-in-limbo former FlashWally West in an interview published Thursday on Newsarama, including the fairly tantalizing hint that he's on the cover of "The Flash Annual" #3, released earlier this week.

"Wally is on the cover," Booth told Newsarama, succinctly. Looking at the image -- and disregarding the possibility that the New 52 Wally West is a gorilla -- the two main possibilities are the dark blue future Flash at the center of the cover, or the hooded figure spraypainting in the lower-right-hand corner.

"He will be different," Booth said of the Wally readers will meet in April. "For one thing, in the old [DC Universe] he was Iris's sister's kid. She has a brother now, so things won't be exactly the same. The original Wally was from a different time, a very Norman Rockwell sort of place. That is no longer the case for anyone in the New 52. He will reflect that, I'm sure."

Booth also stated that Wally will "have his own look," and that readers should be "open to change" with the character.

Wally West debuted in 1959's "The Flash" #110, as Barry Allen's sidekick Kid Flash. Following the death of Barry Allen during "Crisis on Infinite Earths," Wally became DC Comics' primary Flash for most of 1987 to 2009, before Barry Allen returned to life in "Final Crisis." The character has been completely absent since DC refreshed their continuity with the "New 52" reboot in September 2011, with many vocal fans online and at conventions requesting his return.

Brett Booth Says You've Already Seen "The Flash's" New 52 Wally West

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lifeofvibe

@jonny_anonymous:

as almost every character in the new 52 has had a personality change (batman being a slight douch, superman being more easily angerd) when he says open to change i say...im scared now i really hope he refering to his costume

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm hoping that they deage Wally a bit...make him in his late teens or so

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Saying he's already been seen is a load of hot bologna! DC could easily say that any random person in any random panel in any random issue is Wally just to "please" the readers.

I dunno, he looks quite adult-like on the cover of the annual.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

Saying he's already been seen is a load of hot bologna! DC could easily say that any random person in any random panel in any random issue is Wally just to "please" the readers.

@danhimself said:

we don't know that the Flash on the cover of the annual is Wally yet though...they just said that he is on the cover..not that he is the Flash

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

we don't know that the Flash on the cover of the annual is Wally yet though...they just said that he is on the cover..not that he is the Flash

This is very true but…I just think it's "obvious" that it's him. I mean…it's gotta be, right?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

This is very true but…I just think it's "obvious" that it's him. I mean…it's gotta be, right?

could be the gorilla or the kid spray painting

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

Honestly, I think DC wants us to think it's someone or something other than the Flash in the center just to keep us "on our toes" so it will be "shocking." I still think blue Flash is Wally :D

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

Honestly, I think DC wants us to think it's someone or something other than the Flash in the center just to keep us "on our toes" so it will be "shocking." I still think blue Flash is Wally :D

I hope not....I'd rather Wally be a little younger and for him to be Barry's sidekick again...the New 52 has absolutely no sidekicks right now and I really miss that aspect of DC

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

I hope not....I'd rather Wally be a little younger and for him to be Barry's sidekick again...the New 52 has absolutely no sidekicks right now and I really miss that aspect of DC

Only reason I'm not fully okay with Wally being younger and a side kick is because none of his peers are side kicks anymore. I know this is the New 52 and nothing matters pre-continuity anymore but to see Wally as a side kick while Dick and Roy are running around on their own…something just doesn't feel right to me about that. That's why I personally wish to see an "older" Wally. But I do agree with you that side kicks is a lost art in DC. I don't think we have any currently...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

Only reason I'm not fully okay with Wally being younger and a side kick is because none of his peers are side kicks anymore. I know this is the New 52 and nothing matters pre-continuity anymore but to see Wally as a side kick while Dick and Roy are running around on their own…something just doesn't feel right to me about that. That's why I personally wish to see an "older" Wally. But I do agree with you that side kicks is a lost art in DC. I don't think we have any currently...

I definitely see your point there....yeah Damian was the last sidekick....Tim is the only Teen Titan with any connection to his mentor and Lobdell has managed to make sure that it's a very distant connection at this point....as far as we know Wonder Girl has never even met Wonder Woman (I don't read Wonder Woman so that may have changed), Superboy is dead and only really hung out with Superman a few times, Bart has ran into Barry but only in passing for a few moments and from what I'm seeing in Teen Titans right now he has absolutely no connection to Barry at all anymore and much like Tim Drake, Bart Allen is only his witness protection name....so yeah...the New 52 has completely erased all sidekicks from the DC Universe

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: @danhimself: I don't think the guy in blue is Wally, in the interviews Venditti says Wally is Iris's brother in the New 52 so he cant be the guy from the future so I think that's Cobalt Blue.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I definitely see your point there....yeah Damian was the last sidekick....Tim is the only Teen Titan with any connection to his mentor and Lobdell has managed to make sure that it's a very distant connection at this point....as far as we know Wonder Girl has never even met Wonder Woman (I don't read Wonder Woman so that may have changed), Superboy is dead and only really hung out with Superman a few times, Bart has ran into Barry but only in passing for a few moments and from what I'm seeing in Teen Titans right now he has absolutely no connection to Barry at all anymore and much like Tim Drake, Bart Allen is only his witness protection name....so yeah...the New 52 has completely erased all sidekicks from the DC Universe

Tim Drake seems nearly irreparable to me until DC has "another crisis" that revamps characters histories. In regards to Wonder Girl - There has been no mention of her at all in Wonder Woman other that Lennox had a daughter (which is her, she's no longer the daughter of Zeus). They're completely separate and have yet to even meet. Bart Allen's case…this isn't the real Bart Allen, I'm calling it. This is some guy "Bar-Torr" from the future who took the name Bart Allen because he heard of it while he was in the future or something like that, at some point in the future we'll see the real Bart Allen -- I call it "The Lobo Effect." It's a shame because sidekicks are awesome characters that you get to watch grow and DC doesn't care for that anymore. Instead of having the Gen3 Heroes be the titans, they should have had them be the sidekicks while the Gen2's run around as the team. Just an opinion.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: @danhimself: I don't think the guy in blue is Wally, in the interviews Venditti says Wally is Iris's brother in the New 52 so he cant be the guy from the future so I think that's Cobalt Blue.

I think Venditti said Iris has a brother now (who is Reverse-Flash) rather than a sister, not that Wally is her brother. That's just weird.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

I think Venditti said Iris has a brother now (who is Reverse-Flash) rather than a sister, not that Wally is her brother. That's just weird.

your right I must have read it wrong

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

your right I must have read it wrong

No worries, I keep my eyes sharpened like a hawk when it comes to news about Wally :P

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Tim Drake seems nearly irreparable to me until DC has "another crisis" that revamps characters histories. In regards to Wonder Girl - There has been no mention of her at all in Wonder Woman other that Lennox had a daughter (which is her, she's no longer the daughter of Zeus). They're completely separate and have yet to even meet. Bart Allen's case…this isn't the real Bart Allen, I'm calling it. This is some guy "Bar-Torr" from the future who took the name Bart Allen because he heard of it while he was in the future or something like that, at some point in the future we'll see the real Bart Allen -- I call it "The Lobo Effect." It's a shame because sidekicks are awesome characters that you get to watch grow and DC doesn't care for that anymore. Instead of having the Gen3 Heroes be the titans, they should have had them be the sidekicks while the Gen2's run around as the team. Just an opinion.

I don't know Tim and Cassie seem like the easiest fixes to me...Tim would have to be retconned but it's the only real option...just have a new writer write something that completely contradicts the Zero Month issue and I would easily be able to forget that the whole witness relocation thing ever happened...Cassie just needs a personality change with a new writer....and I can definitely get behind Bar Torr just disappearing and having Bart Allen be introduced...Conner is the one who is completely f#cked...they've completely destroyed him as far as I'm concerned...the Reign of Superman arc never happened in the New 52 since we've already seen Steel, Cyborg Superman, and Superboy's origins that have nothing to do with the Death of Superman...then we've got the clone's origin changed to the point where he's not even really a clone of Superman now and then killing him off and replacing him with Jon...there's really nothing that can be done to bring back the PreFlashpoint version of Superboy now

I've said in a few other threads before that what they should have done is completely rebooted the universe instead of leaving Batman and GL's histories pretty much intact at the beginning only to retcon the sh!t out of them from then on...and then screw the 5 year timeline and start every single book over at zero...have everyone be starting out in their career

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I don't know Tim and Cassie seem like the easiest fixes to me...Tim would have to be retconned but it's the only real option...just have a new writer write something that completely contradicts the Zero Month issue and I would easily be able to forget that the whole witness relocation thing ever happened...Cassie just needs a personality change with a new writer....and I can definitely get behind Bar Torr just disappearing and having Bart Allen be introduced...Conner is the one who is completely f#cked...they've completely destroyed him as far as I'm concerned...the Reign of Superman arc never happened in the New 52 since we've already seen Steel, Cyborg Superman, and Superboy's origins that have nothing to do with the Death of Superman...then we've got the clone's origin changed to the point where he's not even really a clone of Superman now and then killing him off and replacing him with Jon...there's really nothing that can be done to bring back the PreFlashpoint version of Superboy now

I've said in a few other threads before that what they should have done is completely rebooted the universe instead of leaving Batman and GL's histories pretty much intact at the beginning only to retcon the sh!t out of them from then on...and then screw the 5 year timeline and start every single book over at zero...have everyone be starting out in their career

From what I understand that was the original idea -to reboot everything- but Geoff Johns and Scott Snyder both fought DC on it. Geoff of course won his argument because he nearly runs the company and Scott won because he pulled the "I've been planting so many seeds for new story arcs in 'Tec, do you REALLY want to screw over Batman's history like that?" I can't say I would have 100% preferred DC start back at ZERO, literally, because as much as that would have been the "right idea" at the same time I would have thrown a bigger fit than I do now about The New 52 because that would mean so many characters would be wiped from existence -- including the characters we're speaking of now.

I often wonder if they'll ever recreate the Death of Superman because even though it technically happened, it's something they could easily retcon as "oops I wasn't really dead, we just thought I was." Then again…that's what happened the first time…but I hope you get my point. But anyway, if I recall correctly, there was a villains month issue, I think Doomsdays?, maybe it was a Zero issue, but they did discuss the Death of Superman -- and there was a Reign of Superman too but this time there were like 6 or 7 people acting in as him, all characters unknown. Also, Eradicator is around too and his origin is completely different too. He is no longer a Kal-El look a like, he's a green blob of muck. Talking about the origins of the Superman family really just frustrates me to be honest, they were the most screwed of anyone. I even have issues with Clarks origin -- mainly because I like when Ma and Pa are live. As for Connor, I'd like to believe that in the end of this mess, the real Connor will arise somehow. He'll return, maybe in a new body or something, free of Jon's DNA, and defeat this Superboy-Prime wanna be.

PotatoOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

"He will be different," Booth said of the Wally readers will meet in April.

Booth also stated that Wally will "have his own look," and that readers should be "open to change" with the character.

Oh sh...

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard the rumors of changing Wally's race .How will this work when we've already seen a caucasian Iris West her father and brother Daniel? I'm all for change just not when it effects the continuity of the past 2 years