Wally West 13 trillion times the speed of light?

• 55 results
CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By CitizenSentry
#
#
No Caption Provided

I've done some calculations about the scans above.....

Flash travelled a distance of 70 miles each time to carry a person, or sometimes 2. So let's say on average he carried 1.5 persons each time. That means he travelled a distance of 70 miles 354,667 times. That brings us up to 24,826,690 miles. He does that in 0.00001 microseconds, which is 10^(-11) seconds. That means he was travelling 2,482,669,000,000,000,000 miles per second, or approximately 2.5 quintillion miles per second. That's approximately 13 trillion times the speed of light.

Let me know what you guys/girls think of this.

Scan Source: Wallzo

Calculations: Me & FriendlyFapper

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

theres one thing i never understood about flash, now say hes moving a light speed to save someone, wouldnt his touch (at lightspeed) kill the person

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123: The speed force protects people from this kind of things.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mysticmedivh

Someone already performed the calculations on this several years ago. Their words are exactly the same as the OP.

OP didn't really do the calculations.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes authors don't know what the f*ck they're doing. They think the stuff look cool, and it is, but it really only serves to provide broken feats lol the same thing happens when some author claims Flash can operate within a single attosecond - a fraction of time so small it can hardly be measured

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spambot

Needless character wanking imo. It also says on panel that he carried them there just short of the speed of light.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still not sure why poeole actually look into comic book feats like this. Its not the writer being dumb, its the writer writing a comic book, a fictional character not bound by our rules and science and logic.

gokuisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good maths..but its been done..but yes your calculations are correct..

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Its wanking in the sense that on one hand he clearly says he was going slower than the speed of light and on the other he just made up .000001 microseconds because he thought it sounded really fast. Its him being lazy and just pulling some numbers out of his *** which flash readers are then using as a statement of fact. The writer clearly stated he was going under the speed of light but just couldn't be bothered to do the proper math with the numbers he used.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

How did I know this was the scan in question

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funny thing its that some one told me that DBZ was unrealistic, because they were going full speed and didnt destroy planet earth because of the speed.

That isnt double standards, it was triple standards.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spambot

@leo-343: *shrug* To me, when the writer specifically states he was going under the speed of light then that's the speed he intended for him to be going at. Doing the math to make it work out for the amount of time necessary to carry 500,0000 people back and forth 70 miles isn't something most people are going to bother with, especially if math isn't their forte. Flash writers know their readers get off on speed feats though which is where the wanking comes into play.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spambot

@leo-343: That's the problem right there though, in that he only mentioned the whole .000001 microseconds to wank the character and didn't even bother to see if his math was anywhere close to being correct to back up his previous statement.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes authors don't know what the f*ck they're doing. They think the stuff look cool, and it is, but it really only serves to provide broken feats lol the same thing happens when some author claims Flash can operate within a single attosecond - a fraction of time so small it can hardly be measured

Basically.

They tried the whole "New-52 Flash can operate/process things within attoseconds thing". Then it pretty much had to immediately be scrapped throughout the series, 'cause they probably immediately realized they need to be able to write a story for him, and making a story for someone that moves that fast can be very hard, because of constancy, and the story elements need to make sense (I.e someone that fast should have no problem beating The Rogues).

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we going to ignore the fact that the writer actually said at which speed Flash was moving while carrying them?

No Caption Provided

IMO writer was an idiot and didn't understand what he's drawing or writing.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Night4345

The funny thing its that some one told me that DBZ was unrealistic, because they were going full speed and didnt destroy planet earth because of the speed.

The Speed Force blocks that kind of thing happening to him.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone were to fly from one end of the Universe to the other in 1 second but the narrator said he was only going under the speed of light are you really going to sit here and talk about how that caracter was actually going under the speed of light?

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone were to fly from one end of the Universe to the other in 1 second but the narrator said he was only going under the speed of light are you really going to sit here and talk about how that caracter was actually going under the speed of light?

No, I would assume that the writer doesn't have a basic understanding of how big the universe is, and/or how fast the light is, and I would completely ignore the feat, until it's confirmed or negated by some other feat, statement or power scaling.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh:

Hey pal I understand that you don't like me and I understand that you have no life, since you google anything anyone says.

Also let me guess. You have a "friend who is an expert in speedsters"? and he showed you this scan?

But if you actually want to know. It's not that hard to run the same calculations.

Also.

I actually ran the calculations myself, I found it. did the calculations to look for any mistakes but he was 100% correct with his original calculations.

But yeah I did copy the non-essential parts to save time. as I was going out last night.

But if you want to carry on being the goody little two shoes, please go ahead.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone already performed the calculations on this several years ago. Their words are exactly the same as the OP.

No Caption Provided

Flagged.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet he still gets tagged by deathstroke.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

The Speed Force blocks that kind of thing happening to him.

The whole fact, its people cant fly the way they do in DBZ and comic books, for the same the logic its that the rules of that universe arent the rules of this universe..

The fact would be that KI speed would be the exact same thing that Speed Force or any power in comic books, because it make the character do crazy things like mind reading or flying in space.

All the weird power in DBZ got explain by Ki, that is as much of a plot device that Speed Force or any other plot device.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet he still gets tagged by deathstroke.

Lol.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You did none of these calculations and you know it.

Besides, even if you did recheck them and just copy and paste his text, that would make this a repeat thread and therefore pointless.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wardemon32

@mortein said:

@wardemon32 said:

No, I would assume that the writer doesn't have a basic understanding of how big the universe is, and/or how fast the light is, and I would completely ignore the feat, until it's confirmed or negated by some other feat, statement or power scaling.

The feat is canon for that character. You cannot just ignore unless you can prove it is an ability the character cannot do and has never shown the ability to do. It doesn't matter if they got the math wrong, the character still did the feat. Luther Strode's writer said that Luthor was only a 1-2 tonner yet his feats say otherwise. Are we just going to ignore all of his feats because the writer made a gross miscalculation? No.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mysticmedivh:

Hey pal I understand that you don't like me and I understand that you have no life, since you google anything anyone says.

Also let me guess. You have a "friend who is an expert in speedsters"? and he showed you this scan?

But if you actually want to know. It's not that hard to run the same calculations.

Also.

I actually ran the calculations myself, I found it. did the calculations to look for any mistakes but he was 100% correct with his original calculations.

But yeah I did copy the non-essential parts to save time. as I was going out last night.

You flagged him because he called you out and got you? Pathetic. You've been flagged for false flagging.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:

@citizensentry said:

@mysticmedivh:

Also.

You flagged him because he called you out and got you? Pathetic. You've been flagged for false flagging.

No I flagged him because the picture he listed has "Holy Sh!t" in the picture.

So henceforth I've flagged him.

Also you've just been flagged for false flagging.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom said:

@citizensentry said:

@mysticmedivh:

Also.

No I flagged him because the picture he listed has "Holy Sh!t" in the picture.

So henceforth I've flagged him.

Also you've just been flagged for false flagging.

Hahaha...really? That's why you flagged him? Even more pathetic, you seriously have such a problem with him that you flagged him over that? You've been flagged for false flagging and plagiarism.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123: that's like the old argument that superman cant catch Louis falling from a building... he would require to slow at some point to pick up the object or person in order to not destroy them but than again he would only need to pause for a fraction of a second...

It's actually not that argument at all. They explain that the Flash has the speed force aura. He can lend or take speed from objects and people.

He is able to encompass a person with this aura and therefore when they are given this speed, they enter his reference of time and are technically a speedster themselves since they are perceiving time as he does.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CitizenSentry

@artyom:

How is it false flagging? LOL.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SodamYat

@mysticmedivh said:

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom:

How is it false flagging? LOL.

I'm telling you what I have flagged you for in this thread.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom:

But how is me flagging him for having "Holy Sh!t" in his picture worthy of false flagging?

Please do explain.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom:

But how is me flagging him for having "Holy Sh!t" in his picture worthy of false flagging?

Please do explain.

That is not one of the words strictly forbidden on CV in a picture. The mods really only care about B!tch and F*ck most of the time. Admit it, that isn't the reason you REALLY flagged him for. You really did it because he called you out and made you look like a fool. Being a jerk about it is only making you look like more of a joke.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#44  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

All of you: knock off this revenge flagging nonsense. Understand that saying "flagged" to another user essentially does nothing but provoke. We know who flagged whom; you don't need to essentially "brag" about it. Flagging should be done due to a desire to help maintain the forum, not motivated by vengeance. Flagging for "false flagging" is equally pointless, because - again - if we feel that it was a false flag, we will take necessary actions.

I am locking this thread for now. There's no discussion of the Flash or the feat. Maybe I'll unlock it tomorrow; you guys need time to cool down.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45 JediXMan  Moderator

Now, please remain civil.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

Are we going to ignore the fact that the writer actually said at which speed Flash was moving while carrying them?

No Caption Provided

IMO writer was an idiot and didn't understand what he's drawing or writing.

I agree with this.

The writer intentional speed was for him to be just short the speed of light, he just miscalculated.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scans look great, the on-panel statement looks legit. Nice.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: it actually clearly says he was moving just below the speed of light

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: it actually clearly says he was moving just below the speed of light

Never take on panel statements as fact.