A compromise?

KaineReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now, I reckon there's an extremely slim chance of DC restoring the original Wally West, but should they throw the fans a bone here. I was thinking, maybe they could have a mini series with the pre-52 wally west having shielded himself and his family from the changes of Flashpoint by hiding in the speed force, and then for some reason he could be thrown into the new 52 universe. Once there, you could have him meet and say his goodbyes to Barry, Iris, his new self, and, in a sense, his fans, before heading back into the Speed Force. Would something like this satisfy you? Would it be unnecessary? Or is not enough?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kainereilly: None of the other characters who got disemboweled in the reboot got anything close to that. We just have to live with the fact that the old Wally is gone because DC wanted him gone, probably forever, and we get to deal with angry, misguided black kid, who's a complete asshole for a bunch of terrible reasons and who needs a white male role model and ugh it hurts just typing it someone please stop Venditti.

Avatar image for anthonyclements
AnthonyClements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, no hope of a Wally/R. Grayson reunion as Wally is 'no more', 'dead', 'deceased'...and 'Grayson' is a 007 lite character now.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

This is the first time I've been lured to Wally West's page since the New 52 reveal of his character.

I never imagined it would hurt so much to see that image next to that name. Thanks for that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jonsmith: At least he's running now. Prior to that image, it was just him leaning up against a wall looking punky in a blue hoodie.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

At least he's running now. Prior to that image, it was just him leaning up against a wall looking punky in a blue hoodie.

When he was just leaning up against something in a hoodie, I could pretend he was just some dude and it was a site error. Now he's in a Flash costume, running, and I can't escape or ignore it any longer.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jonsmith: You know what? Fair enough, man. Fair E-NUFF.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Actually, there doesnt appear to be that much saying the real Wally West couldn't share the space with new one. Since they have two Huntress', two Lobo's and a small horde of human Lanterns.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dredeuced

@jonsmith said:

@jaken7 said:

At least he's running now. Prior to that image, it was just him leaning up against a wall looking punky in a blue hoodie.

When he was just leaning up against something in a hoodie, I could pretend he was just some dude and it was a site error. Now he's in a Flash costume, running, and I can't escape or ignore it any longer.

@jaken7 said:

@jonsmith: At least he's running now. Prior to that image, it was just him leaning up against a wall looking punky in a blue hoodie.

This is something I complained about before because that picture is from Futures End, a story arc about stuff that happens in, well, the future and the entire arc is about them changing things so that it never happens. It's basically going to be a non-canon alternate future version of Wally and it shouldn't be his character picture, but some dude changed it back after I pointed this out before.

Wally doesn't have any powers and isn't running right now.

Avatar image for beyondthespeedforce
BeyondTheSpeedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so sad why DC why.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dredeuced: Vendetti can't get all the blame, I'd imagine DC editorial has something to do with it as well.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dredeuced

@maccyd said:

@dredeuced: Vendetti can't get all the blame, I'd imagine DC editorial has something to do with it as well.

Venditti can surely get the blame for writing a really bad story and a really bad character. He said that when DC told him to bring Wally back that it fit his story any better so he gets no leeway from me.