More Soon

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By COBRAMORPH

You forgot how she keeps those magnificent totems covered by that outfit.

But the only thing I dont like is her actually changing shapes. Sure ok, have the totem with that ability sure, that someone can master it, but she is not Beast Boy or the female Wonder Twin. Have her just surrounded by a redish (cause its from the red) aura of the animal's template.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@COBRAMORPH: I agree her stint in Unlimited cartoon was great and I love the way that was done.

@Lord Shiva: Great job wish I had seen it sooner.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By blkson

Nice scans. I love Mari! She has so much potential in my opinion. I would love to see her guest appear in Animal Man.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#6  Edited By Black_Claw

@blkson said:

Nice scans. I love Mari! She has so much potential in my opinion. I would love to see her guest appear in Animal Man.

If anything she should've been the new founding member of the league instead of Cyborg.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question...does vixen always need to say which animal template she wants or is it a habbit?

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe:

No,i've seen in comics where she doesn't say there name.Vixen should be used more often,shes a great character.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013: great and powerful in her own right , i also read that someone told her she was a copy cat of animal man -_- , anyway i've always wanted her to be able to multiply the animals , example : she thinks "elephant" instead of getting the strength of one why not two? Or an entire herd?

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I was thinking it would be cool if she could access more than one animal at a time. Like splicing the powers or something. Like cheetah speed and elephant strength. Cliched, I know but handy nonetheless.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: shes done that already , against that big guy from the royal flush , she combined the speed of the cheetah with the momentum or durability of a rhino to plow through the pool table he was swinging at het and added capuchin monkey for dexterity . I would like hrr to multiply the traits/powershe gets. Imagine a woman hitting you with the combined strength of a colony of ants moving at the

Combined speeds of three or four cheetahs

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Dude.... that's brutal. Hey could she multiply herself physically like, I don't know, amoeba or earthworms or something (I'm no science student) and give herself a quasi-telepathic hive mind? She'd have like little clones of herself running around and doing coordinated stuff; ultimate SWAT team. I know it sounds disgusting and actually kinda creepy but could she do it?

She and Shiera were BAMFS in JLU. They should use them more.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: this depends on if she could do the whole bacteria thing like animal man , she could ude earthworms to regenerate body parts or starfish , and some weird creature called an axoltol or something can regrow its heart hive mind?ehh idk but she can be a telepath with grodd around.. i loved her and shay in hunters moon , what i didnt like however is that shr couldnt fly and had to touch the totem to activate her powers , have her go "cheetah!" Or something lol

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: So much potential. DC needs to open its eyes! They own the rights to so many unique properties instead of the standard flying, punching, explosive magic, heat vision fare.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: and they also like to make everyone class100 people... gets boring after a while.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Indeed. It's part of the reason the people arguing for Superman being able to bench press the earth - for almost a whole damn week! - makes no sense! As a story, for the character, for the setting. Nothing! How are you supposed to find any plausible villains for him to fight? Oh wait, we'll just make them STRONGER. Well DC, if they're both so strong, they really shouldn't be fighting on the face of the planet in the first place; they might break the whole thing apart. Like an egg. I for one, enjoy being alive as I'm sure most denizens of the DC Universe do. This is why I prefer people who play on the street or slightly above. Like Vixen! Woot! Nothing wrong with "planet busters" (I shudder to use that word), but if the environment is inundated with them, there is no longer a coherent story and aforementioned characters are no longer valued at what they once were. It's basic economics.

*Takes deep breath*

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akindoodle

@malachi_munroe: Oh don't even get me started on Superman and magic. I received a crash course from another user a few months ago and it seemed like a good way to ensure that he wasn't overpowered and it would get to show off some really intelligent ways to entrap him and/or for him to escape. Great character development for all involved! - Until I realised that half the fandom think it's a stupid vulnerability. I don't think so. Played well, it would not be Plot Induced Nonsense, it would be GOOD WRITING. I swear, comic book fans... Honestly! #hypocrisy

Also, Diana is a demigod in the New 52 which I actually don't mind. If they're gonna stick with it, I wish they had gone the DCAU or Animated film route and made it an unconventional choice instead of the typical Zeus brood. It was implied in the JL cartoon that Hades was her dad and they pretty much out and said her ma and Ares used to sleep together in the animated film. Ares would have made a lot of sense in the N52 context; he's already pretty much a father figure to her AND she just inherited his title. *Le sigh* But tis a discussion for another day...

Also, Anansi? Like the Spider god? Cool. That makes Vixen... Ghanaian? Maybe Ivorian or Togolese but most likely Ghanian; Ashanti or Akan but I'm not Ghanaian so I can't be sure (I hate it when people just say "African." WHERE IN AFRICA?! It's a big ass continent, don't you know?!)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: lool shes from zambesi ( i think .... maybe a fictional village) , and yeah when she was mimicking metas it was revealed that he made the totem his home ( not sure if he is still residing there in the new 52 but i cant find evidence to say otherwise added to the fact that she doesn't have to wear it anylonger but is required to keep it safe , because in her new 52 look the totem isnt on her ) and who else thinks she should have a child?

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Akindoodle

@malachi_munroe: The Zambezi is a river... What the- ? I'm confused

Anyway, a child? I wouldn't mind; they always bring up some really interesting conflicts and motivations. But more importantly,

Gurl, who the baby daddy?!
Gurl, who the baby daddy?!

(You don't get the joke, watch these videos Questions Pt 2: The Gossip)

Why do YOU want her to have a child? And of course, with whom? Lad or lass? Committed relationship or one night stand? Cue "Askin' all them questions! Why you asking all them questions, makin' statements, assumin'?!"

I'm already getting emotionally invested in this, as you can see

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: lmaoo maybe greg saunders? Loved their chemistry in jlu...

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfFate

Vixen on Gorilla Grood

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LordOfFate

Taking a hit form Superman

Power of a Dragon to kill a Dragon

No Caption Provided

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordOfFate

@malachi_munroe: Nothing from New52 Vixen but her old DCU counterpart had a semi impressive showing against Flashpoint Aquaman Convergence Justice League 2.

I'll add as soon as I get home.

Taking on Suicide Squad with Human mimiking powers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can post those feats if anyone wants. I at first thought Vixen died during that due to the whole gun to head thing (threw down issue and walked away) anyway. She does do well against Flashpoint Aquaman while showing the King of the ocean to be more than a brawler (a complete psychopath but a smart one.)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Titanbreaker

Alive yes, if you were not sure blame the comic as it says she pulled away from the gun at the last second... then never shows us Vixen again until 2nd last final panel with her in the background with her skin color being green. (like Jade)

No Caption Provided

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry been busy but here the link to the whole fight.

http://comicnewbies.com/2015/05/09/vixen-vs-aquaman-convergence/

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Titanbreaker

Supposedly Vixen may show up in the newly announced DC comics bombshells.

No Caption Provided

Wonder how she would look in that verse style. Any ideas?

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LordOfFate

No Caption Provided
Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_shiva Hey, I wondered if you would like this scan to put under a Speed category.

No Caption Provided

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you Titan. :-)

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using her powers on humans without the totem

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Spiting venom to take out to take out Geo-Force and wolf

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_shiva: cool! I never knew she used the spitting cobra more than once.

TariqJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think she could ever use the power of a porcupine. That would be cool if someone ever grabbed her from behind, and also if she had to hit more then one target at a time.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do not think she can grow parts of animals only tap into their abilities. I do have a question about her healing factor is it a constant thing like her claws or does she need to tap into an animal to have it?

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordOfFate

@malachi_munroe: I really need to find those other issues, so u can read her mini. Sorry it's taking so long.

@tariqjp: Well, she can shape-shift so it's an odd but possible way for her to attack.

@titanbreaker: She can shape-shift her body into animal parts (see above) but I'm not sure about part that are designed to break/fall off.

Her healing is not automatic like Wolverine and Deadpool, it's something she has to consciously use. Which has its good and bad points. Bad side, she could be injured before she activate her healing abilities. Good side, she can choose how strong she wants her healing powers to be. From healing minor cuts to regrowing entire body parts (arms, legs, major organs) in seconds.

Hell, the immortal jellyfish pretty much gives her unlimited rebirth/immortaility.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_shiva: Haha it's okay, I dont mind the wait.:)

also ..this might be a silly question ..but are there scans of her using the elephant? Like where she'd get the big projection and such?

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Titanbreaker

@malachi_munroe: She used an elephant in JLU to pin a Thanagarian general down. Not sure if that helps or not.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: I know :) the elephant is my favorite. I was referring to comic book Vixen :)

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_shiva: Haha it's okay, I dont mind the wait.:)

also ..this might be a silly question ..but are there scans of her using the elephant? Like where she'd get the big projection and such?

I can think of two times off the top of my head. One was in Suicide Squad #43 and JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice #1. Sadly my brother being a helpful soul upgraded my PC, so he end up losing a lot of the comics I a downloaded form PirateBay....:(

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_shiva: cool :o I mean, I know she would've obviously used it in Canon but I wondered how the comic version would have looked.

Sorry to hear about your PC btw. I threw out mine last Christmas now I've to suffer the wrath of Comic Vine via mobile.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily, I have hard copies but I have over 5,000 comics and finding one book is hard as he'll since I moved...lol

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_shiva Hey got another feat I noticed when reading some old JLA comics.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In a fight with the Suicide Squad Vixen is doing damn well for herself slamming General Eiling who is meant to have strength and endurance on par with Superman. Seconds later dodges Captain Boomerang and lands a hit. Takes on another 3 members landing hits on all of them and appears to be dominating until Eiling grabs her.

Not sure what you would classify this as but Vixen is on the ball. :)

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they need to bring back her human mimicking abilities. Just take away the draining side effect and she would be a major powerhouse on any team.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LordOfFate

Totally forgot to add this to these forum...

Superhuman Strength: Vixen can make herself superhumanly strong and has called upon the powers of multiple animals for varying degrees of super-strength throughout her career. Notable animals – Bears (close to a ton), Gorilla (almost 2 tons), Elephant (about 10 to12 tons), Rhinoceros Beetle (about 60 to 65 tons) (Justice League of America #28, 2009) and Gorilla Grodd who is strong enough to engage Aquaman and Kalibak in combat. Vixen has also called upon the strength of a whale to pin Flashpoint Aquaman to a wall and push a submarine off its course.(Convergence Justice League #2, 2015 and Justice League of America #12, 2017). The exact limits of Vixen's strength is unknown, as she been shown able to flip over a tank (which can weigh up to 50 to 65 ton) with the strength of an elephant. (Suicide Squad #32 1987). Theoretically, by taking on the strength level of gonorrhea (100,000 x 140lbs), Vixen can lift about 7,000 tons.

Superhuman Stamina/Endurance: Without using her powers, Vixen possesses the normal human stamina and endurance of a woman her age, height and build who engages in intense regular exercise. She can increase her stamina and endurance to superhuman levels by taking on different animals abilities (DC Comics Present #68, 1984). While injured Vixen ran on adrenaline for almost 48 hours while enduring the pain of a broken arm. (Justice League of America #26, 2008)

Superhumanly Acute Senses: Vixen can give herself superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of the animals she mimicking. By using the abilities of a hawk she can see at far greater distances with perfect clarity than an ordinary human. She can also focus her sight on a limited area to detect small things (like a fly in flight), something Red Arrow was unable to see. (Titans #10, 2009) In near total darkness, she has been known to use the echolocation of bats for combat and to locate an opening in a cave. (Vixen Return of the Lion #1, 2009 and Justice League Task Force #8, 1994) Vixen can enhance her hearing by taking on certain animal abilities, allowing her to detect sounds ordinary humans cannot hear at a greater distance. She can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. (Justice League of America: Vixen Rebirth #1, 2017)

Regenerative/Healing Factor: By mimicking the abilities of certain animals, Vixen can give herself a regenerative ability that rivals or surpasses most super-humans. With a thought, she has healed from gunshot wounds with the abilities of earthworms (Birds of Prey #70, 2004) and mended broken bones and flesh with the abilities of snakes. (Justice League of America #26, 2008) She has also used the abilities of Flatworms to reconstruct her entire body after seemly being killed by an explosion. (Justice League America #23, 2017) Vixen’s ability to heal herself is much faster than those possessed by the animal she is mimicking, as she can heal wounds or reconstruct her body within seconds.

Superhuman Durability: Vixen's body is somewhat tougher and more resistant to injury than an ordinary human's, although she is far from invulnerable. She is capable of withstanding impact forces that would severely injure or kill an ordinary human with only mild to moderate discomfort. (Justice League of America #6 2007) Most noticeably Vixen was once able to withstand an attack from a mind-controlled Superman by using the abilities of an Armored Beetle to harden her skin. (Vixen Return of the Lion #5, 2009) Due to her healing factor, any damage done to her body that results in massive tissue damage (like multiple gunshots wounds, slashes, puncture wounds, blunt force trauma), can be repaired without any trace of damage.

Superhuman Agility: By mimicking certain animals, Vixen can enhance her agility, balance, and bodily coordination to levels that are significantly beyond the natural limits of the human body. On numerous occasions, she has taken on the abilities of monkeys, cats, deer, rabbits and many other animals to increase her agility to superhuman levels.

Superhuman Reflexes: Vixen can heighten her reflexes to superhuman levels and mostly takes on the reflexes of cats to attack her opponent. On one occasion, she took on the abilities of a Mantis Shrimp and was fast enough to catch a bullet in mid-flight before it hit its target. (Justice League of America #26, 2008)

Flight: Vixen is capable of hovering and propelling herself through the air by taking on the abilities of birds and insects. While her exact speed is not known, she has flown over Mach 2 (1,540 miles per hour), by using the flight speed of a horse fly. (Truth and Justice #1 2021) Vixen has also flown from New English, Iowa to New York City, New York (1042.8 miles) in what seems to be minutes. (Justice League of America #6 2007)

Heighten Awareness: Vixen’s connection to the Red and the animals in the area gives her something akin to a danger sense, which warns her of nearby danger. This sense allows her to avoid dangerous areas and predict natural occurrences like earthquakes and the shifting of wind. (Red Tornado #05, 2010 and JLA Classified #24 2008). This sense is strong enough that she can sense when others are in pain and detect invisible opponents. (Justice League of America #02, 2006) By shifting her eyesight Vixen can see the world through the “Red” and see those connected to the Life-web. (Justice League America #11, 2017) The exact range of this ability is unknown.

Energy Blasts: Vixen has produced two kinds of energy to attack opponents. She has been shown twice to use the abilities of Electric Eels to project electrical energy from her hands to stun Gorilla Grodd and bring Flashpoint Aquaman to his knees. (Flash #48, 1991 and Convergence Justice League #2, 2015) By using the abilities of the Hatchet Fish and the Angler Fish, Vixen can produce light from her head and hands. (Justice League of America 39, 2010) This light is strong enough to light a room and can be concentrated into a laser-like beam that is strong enough to burn the flesh from Black Lanterns Vibe and the bullet-proof skin of Steel. (Justice League of America #40, 2010) After gaining the full power of her totem from her cousin Tabu, Vixen was able to create a force-field that was strong enough to withstand handgun fire. (Animal Man #44, 1992)

Energy and Temperature Resistance: By taking on the abilities of an Electric Eel, Vixen has made herself immune to the electrical attacks of the Electrocutioner. (Justice League of America #02, 2006) She has also withstood the solar energy attacks of Starbreaker (the mature form of Sun-Eaters) by using the abilities of a Pompeii Worm. By using the abilities of Methanococcoide Burtonii, Vixen was unaffected by the freezing temperatures of the Himalaya Mountains. (Justice League of America #34, 2006)

Claws: Vixen's claws are extremely sharp and tough, enabling her to rend through a variety of substances including fabric, wood, cinderblock, and even some metals with ease. Her nails are also magically enhanced and have scratched or drawn blood from people with superhuman durability like Superman, Despero and Geo-Force. (Action Comics #521, 1981, Justice League of America #38, 2009 and Birds of Prey #73, 2004)

Telepathy: Using the “Red”, Vixen possesses a form of telepathy that allows her to communicate mentally with others humans over long distances. Using her “Red Telepathy” she was able to contact all the minds of the “Wishers”, people around the world, convincing them to give up their wishes they made to the Queen of Fable. (Justice League America #23, 2017) By mimicking Gorilla Grodd, Vixen may have other mental powers but because of Grodd’s mental instability, she is unable to control them without being driven mad. (Flash #48, 1991)

Animal Empathy and Communication: Vixen has the ability to sense the emotional state of animals on a basic levels such as fear, anger, happiness or pain. She can summon animals in a forest and communicate with them, asking them questions. Her presence seems to override the animal’s natural predator and prey instinct, as shown when a mountain lion, wolf, snake, and others animals gather around her with no aggression towards each other.(Red Tornado #5, 2009)

Poisonous: Vixen can mimic the abilities of poisonous animals and project and secrete poisons from her body. She has spit venom like a cobra to fight Geo-Force, which was powerful enough to blind and cause him great pain. (Birds of Prey #73, 1994) She has also used the abilities of a Poison Frog to secreted poison from her hands to incapacitate Lord Havok in a fight. (Justice League of America #4, 2017)

Shapeshifting: Occasionally, Vixen has been known to physically transform into different animals - for example, she has shapeshifted into a Gray Wolf, a Great Horned Owl, and a Cougar. (Hawk and Dove 4 and 5, 1998) Vixen can also assume a hybrid form, in which she maintains a humanoid form but with certain animal adaptations, like when she took on the gills, fins, and missing eyes of a blind Cavefish and later shape-shifted again into a humanoid wolf hybrid (retaining the cave fish's blindness). (JSA Classified 16, 2006)

Abilities

Multilingual: Mari is fluent in English, French and many other African dialects,

Trained Martial Artist: Vixen is an experienced fighter, trained in unarmed combat and given advanced training by Bronze Tiger. She usually incorporates her animal abilities to enhance her fighting style, making it hard for her opponents to defend against her attacks.

Skilled Spy: As a member of Suicide Squad and Checkmate, Vixen has trained in espionage, covert operations, and stealth.

Skilled Acrobat: She is a superb athlete and an Olympic-level gymnast.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordoffate:

Can she use multiple animals at the same time ?

teentitans96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuuki157: yes in one issue of JLA, she used to powers of all the animals in the forest.