If you could make a vampire movie, what would the rules be?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By amazing_webhead
  • Powers. Can they shapeshift or hypnotize people?
  • Weaknesses. Does sunlight kill them or just de-power them? Does garlic and holy water work? Can they enter a house uninvited or cross running water?
  • Are they supernatural in origin, or is it more of a virus like in "Blade"?
  • Do they sleep in coffins? Does the coffin have to be filled with the dirt they were burried in? Do they have to return to it before sunrise?
  • Is there a telltale sign? Something that gives a vampire away? Like having no reflection, or if you spill rice they have to pick it up, or cold skin & no heartbeat.
  • The feeding process. Do they just leave 2 puncture wounds or rip their neck open? Does feeding turn the victim into a vampire, or would they have to drink a vampire's blood?
  • Can they only have blood, or can they eat normal food?
  • And what about Dracula? Is he the first vampire? Do all the same rules apply to him?

And any other details you can think of.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I want to be a vampire >_>

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Interesting, give me a moment to think about it :D

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Powers. Can they shapeshift or hypnotize people?

No shapeshifting. I'd probably have one special one with hypnosis for whatever reason. Otherwise, just enhances strength, speed, agility, & senses for powers.

Weaknesses. Does sunlight kill them or just de-power them? Does garlic and holy water work? Can they enter a house uninvited or cross running water?

Sunlight kills them. Both garlic and holy water harm them, but really isn't enough to kill them (same with crosses). Can't enter a house without being invited. They can cross running water.

Are they supernatural in origin, or is it more of a virus like in "Blade"?

Supernatural.

Do they sleep in coffins? Does the coffin have to be filled with the dirt they were burried in? Do they have to return to it before sunrise?

They don't sleep in coffins.

Is there a telltale sign? Do they have a reflection or OCD?

They have no reflection. They have cold skin & no heartbeat.

The feeding process. Do they just leave 2 puncture wounds or rip their neck open? Does feeding turn the victim into a vampire, or would they have to drink a vampire's blood?

Just 2 puncture wounds. Someone have to drink a vampire's blood (after being bitten) to turn into a vampire themselves.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I always liked the biological vampires from Underworld. It would be like them.

-Living creatures infected by the vampiric virus.

-A bite from them can turn you, no blood swapping required.

-Super strength, speed, immortality, night vision, healing factor.

Weaknesses are: Sunlight (causes allergic reaction, not combustion)

-Decapitation, Fire,exsanguination.

Get rid of all things holy or supernatural.

Also, they don't f*cking go to high school and can ONLY drink blood, getting tired of vampires eating food and crap.

Since the virus is biological, they don't get stronger with age, though, longer lived ones could pick up fighting prowess.

-Dracula doesn't exist, though many vampires claim to be him

-Vampires have existed for well over 2,000 years.

Also:

No hypnotic powers, it's a cheap plot device, running water doesn't stop them. Some sleep in coffins, no dirt. They have reflections and heartbeats.

And their fangs look like this:

No Caption Provided

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i like pre Nosferatu rules or the rules from lost boys, cause flying vampires are cool

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, they don't f*cking go to high school and can ONLY drink blood, getting tired of vampires eating food and crap.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll add that as a question

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

i like pre Nosferatu rules or the rules from lost boys, cause flying vampires are cool

Interesting. Personally I prefer vampires that can only fly by shapeshifting into a swarm of bats or a "were-bat" creature.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically that Cullen kid. He had everything right.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Comrade_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Comrade_Stalin

1. Intelligence, agility, stamina, hypnosis, and levitation but only for purebloods. Pureblood vampires older than 200 years may activate the transformation to become an anthropomorphic bat, but this is rare even in the pureblood community.

2. Sunlight kills the young vampires (either people born as vampires who are still young or newly turned vampires), but the Elder Vampires are only weakened by sunlight. Pure blood vampires (people who are born as vampires or bitten by first generation vampires are more affected) are generally more hurt by sunlight. Garlic disorients them in high doses and holy water inflicts mental pain and severs their levitation and hypnotic powers. A combination of all three should either kill or knock them into coma. Similary, a blessed cross can be used to ward them off by "exorcising" them.

3. A combination of supernatural and science fiction. A demon or evil deity creates the virus to seduce mankind, particularly scholars and leaders, with immortality to serve him.

4. They don't sleep in coffins, although some of the Elder ones may enter hibernation a la Underworld.

5. Mystics and priests may immediately recognise then through overwhelming demonic presence. A paramedic could see the difference when performing autopsy or vivisection on them.

6. Either way. They can be neat or dirty. Feeding partially turns the target into a vampire by instilling a craving for blood but vampires can choose to outright kill them during feeding.

7. Can have both but not having blood for days can send them on a frenzy.

8. Dracula is the first vampire; a count who willingly surrendered his humanity to a demon in exchange for vampirism. Dracula is highly resistant towards all vampire weaknesses and can only be killed in sacred ground with several mystics and priests exorcising him. Even this is not an easy process as an attempt to exorcise Dracula will only further agitate him.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loading Video...

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By amazing_webhead

Okay, my turn:

They have super-strength, speed, agility, and enhanced senses (they can actually see the blood flowing through a living creature). When they die, they burst into flames leaving only an ash-covered skeleton. They can be killed by beheading or a stake to the heart. (But you can't just cut through their neck or chest like butter, it's no easier than staking or beheading a person) Their human form is what they looked like in life, while their true vampire form looks more like Orlock (pale skin, pointy ears, etc). Only direct sunlight kills them. They can stay in the shadows during the day, although they're a lot less powerful then. Garlic, silver, holy water, and crosses burn them (though garlic is usually just an annoyance). They don't have reflections. They don't sleep in coffins. They can cross running water. They can enter a house uninvited, and the idea that they couldn't was a myth started by Dracula's politeness.

Some vampires just make small tears in the neck and lap up the blood. If you don't die from blood loss, you become a vampire. Less refined or just more hungry vampires will just rip a person's throat open, which obviously kills them. Drinking vampire blood will also turn you. Vampires are still technically alive, they're simply regarded as "undead" because they have no soul.

Dracula was the first of the vampires. Back when he was still Vlad the Impaler (who was prince of Transylvania, not Wallachia; at one point a Holy Order had sealed Dracula in his tomb and made sure that all historical evidence said he was prince of Wallachia to keep anyone from finding his crypt), he sold his soul to the Devil for a noble cause, and the Devil made him the first vampire. He gave Vlad a thirst for blood because of how he thought dipping his bread in the blood of his enemies would give him their life. And he made vampires vulnerable to a stake to the heart because the irony of Vlad the Impaler having such a weakness amused him. Through learning magic over the years, Dracula has several unique powers: hypnotic stare, controlling bats and other vampires, gravity defying, weather control, and shape-shifting into a bat swarm or "were-bat". (He even taught his brides the last one) Dracula's true form looks like Count Orlock, but he uses his shape-shifting powers to look like he did when he was mortal. He also has all the weaknesses of other vampires (though he can survive slightly longer in the sun before becoming ashes), but he's such a BAMF that it rarely makes much difference anyway.

Dracula's family includes his three brides: Verona, Aleera, and Marishka, women he courted and turned into vampires. It's unknown exactly how many children Dracula has, but the 2 that serve him are Alucard (from the 1943 film "Son of Dracula") who takes after his father (though he lacks his father's cunning), and Marya Zaleska (from the 1936 film "Dracula's Daughter") who even though she's loyal to her father has tried to find a cure for vampirism; she also uses a jeweled hypnotic ring (lacking her father's powerful gaze) and is openly a lesbian. Despite Dracula's notorious cruelty, he does care for his family, and will rip the head off of anyone who would dare harm them.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: why would he turn into a swarm of bats , what would happen if one of the bats died or he tried to reassemble but one of the bats gets stuck in a tree a mile away? does a single bat represent an organ or something?

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@amazingwebhead: why would he turn into a swarm of bats , what would happen if one of the bats died or he tried to reassemble but one of the bats gets stuck in a tree a mile away? does a single bat represent an organ or something?

I dunno, I just think it looks cooler

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By KritikalMassX

For me:

- My vampires can hypnotize people and shape-shift into a bat, or maybe (if it's a pureblood) a were-bat creature like Dracula from the Van Helsing movie or something like Drake from Blade:Trinity

- They do have enhanced strength, speed, agility, night vision, and healing powers

- Their weakness is sunlight, which should burn them to ash and/or explode

- They can be killed by a stake through the heart, holy water, garlic, and decapitation

- I'm all right with the supernatural stuff, but somewhere down the road, there might be someone who might use their DNA to create a new and deadlier race of vampires, like the Reapers from Blade 2 (Yeah, I know...the Blade movies are awesome)...so it's a combination of the two

- Not too sure about coffins...They go out in the night and party just like any other normal human (i.e. Blade, Underworld). However, like Viktor and Marcus in the Underworld franchise, Elders do need them for a long, yet certain amount of slumber/hibernation and only be called and awaken if it's necessary by feeding on vampire blood

- There will be clans: Some who want to destroy humankind so vampires can be the ultimate species and some who want to protect humankind because they believe that vampires and humans can co-exist. So it might be a civil war of some sorts which lasts for centuries

- Dhampirs are good for me...If they are human/vampire hybrids, they can consume human food but sometimes, they do need to feed on human blood so that way their vampiric nature won't take over their human nature

- They do have reflections...But they might acquire a special ability that make them have no reflection and appear again once they attack

- They have fangs to bite a human to turn and leave puncture wounds

- I also consider Dracula as the benefactor of the vampire society for many centuries or millennia, yet some would think he doesn't exist and he's nothing more than a urban legend...But honestly, he actually does exist and those vampires are preparing for his return

- And they DO NOT GLITTER!!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

I just have to say, as a vampire fan, I'm loving this thread.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just have to say, as a vampire fan, I'm loving this thread.

Glad to hear it :D

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I wanna see a vampire movie where they have to suck the blood out of genitalia.

Tag line: "I vant to zuck your...go ahead and pull your pants down."

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna see a vampire movie where they have to suck the blood out of genitalia.

Tag line: "I vant to zuck your...go ahead and pull your pants down."

Ha! That actually reminds me of a joke: what did one lesbian vampire say to the other?

"see you next month"

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Interesting, give me a moment to think about it :D

It's been over a month. Have you thought about it enough yet?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By ccraft

@amazingwebhead: Damn what a slap to the face! I forgot about it after I did the Werewolf one. Give me a moment to think...

No Caption Provided

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: actually rouflex did the same thing on the werewolf one

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powers and weaknesses are somewhat individual. As they age, they hunt in different methods. As they get older, their powers grow, but so do their weaknesses, and it becomes harder to pass for 'normal'. 'Holy' weaknesses stem from acquiring and using 'infernal' powers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@amazingwebhead:

My vampires wouldn't be magic or science but somewhere in between, more Lovecraftian in nature. Like it's a corrupting influence from a dark entity from beyond space and time. The vampires can't eat normal food, there is no cure, there is no dhampirs and once turned you no longer think as your former selves let alone a human. So there would be nobody running around trying to play superhero with the powers.

Stage 1 Vampires

Stage 1 vampires sometimes called ghouls look more or less human. They have slightly paler skin and discolored eyes but they can still pass for a normal if slightly sickly looking human. Stage 1's are young vampires that aren't fully turned yet. There intelligence is greatly reduced and they wonder around as if lost, the thirst for blood is like an addiction. They mostly take shelter in abandoned buildings and old underground\subways. They are slightly stronger and more durable than normal humans but still have normal human weaknesses, when they die they look no different from a human. The sun is an irritant but does not severely harm them so they can venture out in the day if the sun is not too strong but they are repelled by naked fire. Most vampires never make it out of stage 1, either dying or driven mad by the thirst and becoming nothing more than an animal. They can not create other vampires.

Stage 2 Vampires

Stage 2 vampires are stronger, faster and more agile.They can sense living humans and see in total darkness. They also have the ability to influence humans although it's not full mind control. They have chalk white skin, and an abnormally large tongue with a "feeder" on the end, they also have enlarged incisors to help with grip. Sunlight and silver will damage them but not kill. A stake to the heart will "kill" them but once the stake is removed then the Stage 2 will resurrect if the head is not removed and the body burned. Because of their powers most Stage 2's have embedded themselves in to the upper echelons of society.

Stage 3 Vampires

Stage 3's are more monstrous and more powerful than the other vampires. They look completely abhuman with a mouth full of razor like fangs surrounding a feeder and have worm-like skin, however they can appear to others however they wish. Stage 3's are extremely reclusive and are mostly attended to by Stage 2's which they can control with powerful telepathy and telekinesis.

Stage 4 Vampires

Also known as Transcendent Vampires or Wraiths. Stage 4's are the most powerful type of vampire. They are no longer confined to the material realm nor do they rely on the sustenance of blood. Stage 4 have become full on psychic parasites that feed off the emotions of living beings. They can not manipulate the physical world but instead there incorporeal presence follows their prey and influences their mind forcing them to commit acts they normally wouldn't while feeding off the resulting emotions, once a Stage 4 is finished with a victim it will force them to commit suicide . A Stage 4 can strip a person of all their emotions until they are just a husk and then possess the body, however eventually they will have to leave the body to feed. A Stage 4 can not be killed only banished.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1 rule, no porking smelly emotionless floozies

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how about "no dragging Dakota Fanning into a franchise that she's clearly too good for" too?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness said:

how about "no dragging Dakota Fanning into a franchise that she's clearly too good for" too?

Didnt know she was in it XD

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead said:
@cgoodness said:

Unfortunately

So I believe you said you're not@ccraft's alt, so he still hasn't gone.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Rouflex

I'll edit this eventually @amazingwebhead know what i'm talking about...

@ccraft said:

@amazingwebhead: Damn what a slap to the face! I forgot about it after I did the Werewolf one. Give me a moment to think...

No Caption Provided

This situation is Plagiarism.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness said:

@amazingwebhead said:
@cgoodness said:

Unfortunately

OMG not this again XD

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By amazing_webhead

@rouflex: that's pretty much what I told him

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead said:
@cgoodness said:

@amazingwebhead said:
@cgoodness said:

Unfortunately

OMG not this again XD

I was really just using that as an excuse to tag him

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Pure-Blood vampires can fly, hypnotize, and change into bats. Turned Vampires just have super stats and longevity.

2. The crucifix and holy water can only repel Purebloods. But sunlight can destroy vampires.

3.Purebloods are pale skinned.

4 They can eat other food. But they need blood to remain in the world of the living.

5. Dracula was not the first vampire, but he did start the epidemic.

Beata

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Rouflex

@rouflex said:

I'll edit this eventually @amazingwebhead know what i'm talking about...

@ccraft said:

No Caption Provided

This situation is Plagiarism.

The question is when...

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: I typed this out last night and apparently I didn't actually post it grrrr, I will do it again tonight

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• They can only shapeshift into bats
  • They can hypnotise people
  • Sunlight sets them on fire
  • Garlic repels them, but more powerful vampires can overcome this
  • Holy water burns them like certain acids would humans, so if it was thrown into the face it could be fatal.
  • They cannot enter a house uninvited.
  • Supernatural
  • More traditional vampires sleep in coffins, but often younger ones just sleep in normal beds. And the coffins are basically just coffin shaped beds.
  • They have slightly colder skin than normal humans
  • No reflection
  • Very slow heartbeat
  • Just 2 puncture wounds
  • Blood has to be exchanged for transformation into a vampire
  • Most prefer blood, but they can eat normal food too, although eating just normal food would make them weaker than if they had blood. Also not having blood for an extended amount of time (e.g. longer than 2 weeks) can prove fatal, it can also cause the vampires reflection to appear.
  • Dracula is a legend, no one knows for sure whether he existed. Some worship him, in the same way people worship gods, however his existence is disputed.
  • Enhanced senses, strength and speed
  • Most are more attractive than humans
  • They can fly, but flying in bat form is faster.
  • If they are born as vampires, they only gain their powers around puberty.
  • They can be killed by stakes or decapitation, this leaves only a pile of ash behind.
  • Also when feeding their face changes, like it does in Buffy
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points