Posted by k4tzm4n (48475 posts) - - Show Bio

RAI #1 will be the first step in Valiant's massive "Valiant First" campaign, and they're making sure you'll want to get your hands on the book. But for those of you who are VERY excited about Rai's new book, they're making sure to offer something just for you. Today the publisher has announced RAI #1 PLUS EDITION. This will include 15+ "extra pages of in-story content." It'll be packed with exclusive stories and art by the creative minds behind the book, Matt Kindt and Clayton Crain, as well as Sean Ryan and Raul Allen. On top of that, they plan to further immerse you in Rai's unique future (41st century Japan) with exclusive maps, posters, stories, and pin-ups that are inspired by the mythology.

This content won't be included in the eventual trade paperback and there will be limited copies available. RAI #1 and its PLUS EDITION goes on sale April 30th. You can check out a preview of the issue here.

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

Bummed that there won't be a digital version of this

#2 Posted by Ando123 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

#3 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why but I am very intrigued by this Rai title. I hope it turns out really good.

#4 Edited by DonFelipe (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

I need this plus edition!

#5 Edited by UlquiorraSchiffer (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this, bringing Rai back next was an obvious but wise choice. Although I do wonder what the hell has happened to the Ninjak book that was supposed to come out...

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this, bringing Rai back next was an obvious but wise choice. Although I do wonder what the hell has happened to the Ninjak book that was supposed to come out...

I don't think there ever was one. The teaser image with Ninjak on it was for Unity but everybody just assumed it was for a Ninjak ongoing.

#7 Posted by bladewolf (781 posts) - - Show Bio

Already got this pre-ordered! Super excited!

#8 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone could give me a brief explanation on how Rai is different from Bloodshot, then that be sweet. (+)

#9 Posted by burgerkong (43 posts) - - Show Bio

The illustration looks awesome, the story remains to be seen though. I'll try this title.

#10 Posted by mogo1 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished Rai and I thought it was just ok. But this is the first I've heard of the character and I don't know much about him