wow when people said they were leaving.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow not a soul around... grave yards see more action.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: just seemed like nobody ever post just a few people. and nobody speaks just the sound of the wind and the few ghost of yesterday poking in from the graves.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, when your favorite character's solo title goes from being the class of Marvel and Thor plays large roles in Avengers to suddenly Thor being unworthy for Mjolnir and being replaced by a female Thor, hard to get excited.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be okay son.

Beata

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually super excited about female-thor, I can't wait to find out who she is. Most importantly, Aaron's run has been so smashingly good that right now I trust him almost blindly.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@foamborn said:

I'm actually super excited about female-thor, I can't wait to find out who she is. Most importantly, Aaron's run has been so smashingly good that right now I trust him almost blindly.

THIS

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

THIS

I do see your point and understand. He is one of if not my favorite character in marvel. To just say they ware going to women and girl fans from this point on is kind of a slap. Then to say but he will be in the back ground still sulking or going about every day life. To sad for words.

Then when they say this will be the norm for the next few years.

Even worse still.

So I say where has all the people gone and the wind whips around the post and it stirs the dust and it calls to readers but.

They simply say.

We said our peace we pleaded our case. The rest is in the hands of marvel.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do see your point and understand. He is one of if not my favorite character in marvel. To just say they ware going to women and girl fans from this point on is kind of a slap. Then to say but he will be in the back ground still sulking or going about every day life. To sad for words.

Even worse still.

So I say where has all the people gone and the wind whips around the post and it stirs the dust and it calls to readers but.

They simply say.

Well I think your first mistake is thinking that the new Thor is strictly for the female readership and boys can't get behind the character because she's a woman. This mentality is antiquated and based on the notion that everything female is mediocre. I'm a girl and I read a good handful of male-led comic books, Thor being one of them, but then that's because everything male is "better" and I can be inspired my men in a way that a woman can't inspire you.

You're the guy that hates Wonder Woman on her own but find her quite enjoyable in conjunction with Superman, if my memory serves me well.

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Allaric
@arturocalakayvee said:

@foamborn said:

THIS

So you are not aware that the Thor comic sales are at an all time LOW , and has been losing 1000's of readers each month. Sales of Aaron's Thor have been on a steady decline for the last year, this is far from "smashingly good" it is horrendously terrible, especially when you consider Aaron has had the benefit of writing during a period time that had Blockbuster Movies involving Thor !!

Aaron's writing style is not suited to the Thor comic, his style is better for a darker themed comic like The Punisher or Spawn , NOT Thor. Marvel's management are idiots for putting a writer with Aaron's dark , dark style on the Thor comic during this time of high exposure to the Thor character. Anyone who would have gained interest in the comic from seeing Thor in the movies would be immediately turned off by a comic that is the antithesis of the Thor and Avenger movies. Aaron has already run off most of the traditional Thor comic fans and will run off the rest of them soon , as he continues his ruinous storyline. Thor comic sales have gone downhill since Aaron took over , the female Thor idea is just a PR stunt in hopes of a temporary sales bump , but that will only come from a re-numbering of the comic which always happens , and after that it will FAIL. Its terrible what is being done to what was one of the most uplifting comic characters

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well why should I be happy about female Thor. Horrible idea

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@arthurkerr said:

Even worse still.

They simply say.

Well I think your first mistake is thinking that the new Thor is strictly for the female readership and boys can't get behind the character because she's a woman. This mentality is antiquated and based on the notion that everything female is mediocre. I'm a girl and I read a good handful of male-led comic books, Thor being one of them, but then that's because everything male is "better" and I can be inspired my men in a way that a woman can't inspire you.

You're the guy that hates Wonder Woman on her own but find her quite enjoyable in conjunction with Superman, if my memory serves me well.

If I said I hated WW in her own book I stand corrected hate is a strong word. Find her boring in her own book lets put it that way. However the same would go for Superman in his own book without and I hate to say it. Some kind of interest. Even thought I do not like Lois Lane she seems all wrong for him I guess others do not and some place it works. I prefer WW as his interest because the story lines to me are just over the top and better.

I would not want Superman to be turned into a women and given the name Clark Kent just to try to get female readers.

I used to read Supergirl it was pretty good the it got all strange lol she got angel wings and I was like holy mother of mercy.

Yeah it went and got all carebear on me and I had to draw the line when it got all cute.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@allaric: #22 of the current Thor series sold 36,945 copies, and was the 53rd best selling comic of the month, and #22 of the previous Thor series sold 35,328 copies, and was the 71st best selling comic of the month. If anything it's doing a little better under Jason Aarons control.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By arthurkerr

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@allaric: #22 of the current Thor series sold 36,945 copies, and was the 53rd best selling comic of the month, and #22 of the previous Thor series sold 35,328 copies, and was the 71st best selling comic of the month. If anything it's doing a little better under Jason Aarons control.

This is horrible in a country of million in a world of billions this is not good. This is sad numbers indeed.

Have people just stopped reading comics or do they simply not try to sell them anymore?

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoamBorn

plus sales and quality are never proportional, in this case the numbers betray the vast quality of this run, the dialogue is smart, sharp, very well done and the art is incredible. Esad Ribic and Jason Aaron make an almost perfect team for a character like Thor in my opinion, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. The dialogue between Odin and the Queen of Angels in Original Sin was very good.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many comic fans also grow weary of their favorite character and/or title being derailed or interrupted by forced events (Original Sin/New Female Thor) only to essentially have the status quo return about six months later.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is good news for fans of the God of Thunder series. (aka me)

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By arthurkerr

@ms-lola said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

this is the most lame sales for anything considering the Thor movies that are out and the market for Thor.

They should sell this amount in a state not over all.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@ms-lola said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

this is the most lame sales for anything considering the Thor movies that are out and the market for Thor.

Not every person who sees the films will buy comics though. How would you suggest getting more people to buy them?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By arthurkerr

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@arthurkerr said:

@ms-lola said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Not every person who sees the films will buy comics though. How would you suggest getting more people to buy them?

Pander more to the people that read books and make the comics longer like in japan. I would add more adult themes and try to give them something to read on planes and so fourth. I would suggest bringing back the books to the market in supermarkets and in walmart as they did before. As is no none fan will go out of the way to buy something with money tight but if they see the book in the store and the kids see it they will say. Look it is Thor can we get this. Women will see it men will to etc etc etc. Even the best of things will lose out if it is not there to be purchased. I tried the digital reader I did not like it. To hard to read. You just cannot enjoy the comic.

Graphic Novels used to be the craze in Japan and other places from Gone With The Wind to Akira and even mystery.

Maybe combine the great Novel with the awesome art work. Where you have a small amount of art and some great story as well.

In the end appeal to the broader group. If you are trying for the female reader they have a great imagination and love to read no pictures really needed. If your going to the male reader we may like a little more eye candy and um do not trash the men yeah our feeling get hurt a little easy lol.

It really depends on your target group but over all Superman can appeal to many groups in many ways in many stories.

You just have write books to that target group as well. Superman and Wonder Women great people want to see it work.

Write a graphic novel for example where they had a child in the future (kingdom Come) awesome but make it more central on the relationship with the couple.

Is it about sales after all then appeal to the ones buying the book something comics has not done in the past nothing new they seem to ignore fans. Only they never forget so change up. Give them the book they wish to read.

Thor dates and falls in love with Sif , Superman after the death ( must be this way) after the death of Lois Lane he comes to respect WW and they form a union and do thus get married lol. I mean start letting people enjoy a great story without showing why something will not work give us our moneys worth in a book and show us what we paid to enjoy. Something that will work.

I can read a comic again and again if it is good whom cannot a great story demands to be read over as does a great book.

Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy my all time favorite book.

That is till it had a crappy ending Douglas Adams I heard became upset that nobody wanted his new stories so he ended the world of guide for all time. However the other books are really well done and you will laugh to no end if you ever read them.

How to sell more books is to get them out there not change the characters people love but get them on board with great stories great moments even if small imprint on the minds of those whom read or watch or enjoy them.

Nothing sells if people cannot get the product.

I have to add if they sell it online add a bonus feature maybe.

A few clips in video.

Since it will be online and on the computer why not toss in a bonus.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@arthurkerr:

Those are all interesting ideas and could possibly generate more income for Marvel's comics division, but when they put out stories like you've suggested, it's usually as a mini-series or alternate reality type thing, so not really something that popularises the main title more. The reason I am happy with what @v_scarlotte_rose shared is that it shows this title isn't dropping further and further and is potentially able to sustain at least a strong readership to keep it alive.

I think other books to augment the main one is a great idea, maybe even pursue a MAX title that can be free to explore the Norse mythology with less restriction (I think it was done once already with a group of sea-faring Vikings who slaughtered New York citizens before Thor put them down). Except, like you mentioned, if it's with a supposed female audience in mind who are curious to explore the romantic relationships of Thor, then maybe a story heavily reliant on the mythology and interactions between players in a mature way could be worthwhile. I do know of an alternate universe type story involving Thor and Sif and their son where Thor became unworthy (and abusive, unfortunately) and had a fake Mjolnir to hide his shame while his son became "Thor" in his place for a time.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@arthurkerr:

Those are all interesting ideas and could possibly generate more income for Marvel's comics division, but when they put out stories like you've suggested, it's usually as a mini-series or alternate reality type thing, so not really something that popularises the main title more. The reason I am happy with what @v_scarlotte_rose shared is that it shows this title isn't dropping further and further and is potentially able to sustain at least a strong readership to keep it alive.

I think other books to augment the main one is a great idea, maybe even pursue a MAX title that can be free to explore the Norse mythology with less restriction (I think it was done once already with a group of sea-faring Vikings who slaughtered New York citizens before Thor put them down). Except, like you mentioned, if it's with a supposed female audience in mind who are curious to explore the romantic relationships of Thor, then maybe a story heavily reliant on the mythology and interactions between players in a mature way could be worthwhile. I do know of an alternate universe type story involving Thor and Sif and their son where Thor became unworthy (and abusive, unfortunately) and had a fake Mjolnir to hide his shame while his son became "Thor" in his place for a time.

omg what a horrible idea Thor a women beater. I am glad I never seen that one please feel free not to share that again lol.

I speak of heroic tales not ones we look at and think oh that is more true to reality. No please for the love of all that is holy no. lol We want to speak to all fans not just the ones that are in a bad relationship some are in good and healthy ones where the man still respects his wife and lovers her where he is a good father and many other things. Our children emulate the heroes they see so we need good ones for them to wish to be like. A great tale should have lots of elements but the hero should always be worthy of the title.

Wow women beater Thor just horrible.. Wont be able to get that out of my head all month lol

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Allaric

@foamborn said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

plus sales and quality are never proportional, in this case the numbers betray the vast quality of this run, the dialogue is smart, sharp, very well done and the art is incredible. Esad Ribic and Jason Aaron make an almost perfect team for a character like Thor in my opinion, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. The dialogue between Odin and the Queen of Angels in Original Sin was very good.

You CAN'T be serious, Aarons writing and character development is the worst I've seen in the Thor comics and it's clear Aaron knows little to nothing about the Thor character or comic. First lets compare Aaron's comic sales to those of a real writer like J. Michael Straczynski. Straczynshki's first Thor issue sold over 165,000 issues the first month. Even at its lowest Straczynski's series still stayed above 73,000/month with it usually hovering around 80,000/month with it at over 96,000/month at the end of Straczynshki's magnificent run !! NOW that's what a good writer does for a comic and all of this WITHOUT a blockbuster movie franchise going ! Verily !

FYI the series before Aarons was a bi-weekly run selling 2 issues a month so even then that series out sold Aarons by 100% selling over 72,000 issues /month , double what Aaron has sold. So yes Aaron run IS the lowest selling monthly Thor comic that's why Marvel, in an act of desperation is doing the she Thor "Thorlene" character.

As far as writing Aarons characters are barely interesting and failingly one dimensional , as well as weak and repetitive. In Aarons first story his antagonist was a joke. It was clear Aaron was either to lazy or incapable of developing a viable antihero character even the name was ridiculous "Gorr" , "Gee Gorr let me guess what you spend most of your time doing ? " How incredibly amateurish , to simply name your character after what he does, good thing he wasn't in the feminine hygiene business Aaron would have named him "douchebag". The whole god butcher series was a battle between tedious and boring with both winning in a tie as a tediously boring series that was terribly unappealing and thinly-plotted. Readers are tortured through a cycle of blood and gore, and dead gods in three timelines, and very little sense. "Hahahaha! I'm evil! I'll kill everyone and save you for last...and it's all your fault. Ha, Ha, Ha ! " LAME !!. Verily !

Another problem with Aarons writing is he doesn't know the Thor character, or the Thor comic. Aaron's style is NOT suited for the Thor comic it is to dark, to bloody and unpleasant. There is too much emphasis on torture death and suffering, but not enough on heroics there's too much focus on Thor being a deity to be worshipped rather than a superhero to be admired. Aaron's Thor comic is a terrible experiment, it is a disturbing, depressing story that doesn't deserve to be a Thor comic. Thor fans enjoy Thor in his more fantastical , magical settings with outer space adventure and fun action. I honestly don’t know what people like about Aaron's Thor it's so poorly written, it completely lacks any connection to the true Thor character and story, and by Aaron fans it is terribly overrated,Verily !

The sooner Aaron is off the Thor comic the better. Hopefully the idiots at Marvel/Disney will have learned from their mistake and put a real writer like a J.Michael Straczynski's on the Thor comic and true fans of the Thor comic can once again enjoy reading about their favorite Mjolnirwielding Thunderer smiting Midgard's foes !!

No Caption Provided

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allaric said:

@foamborn said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

You CAN'T be serious, Aarons writing and character development is the worst I've seen in the Thor comics and it's clear Aaron knows little to nothing about the Thor character or comic. First lets compare Aaron's comic sales to those of a real writer like J. Michael Straczynski. Straczynshki's first Thor issue sold over 165,000 issues the first month. Even at its lowest Straczynski's series still stayed above 73,000/month with it usually hovering around 80,000/month with it at over 96,000/month at the end of Straczynshki's magnificent run !! NOW that's what a good writer does for a comic and all of this WITHOUT a blockbuster movie franchise going ! Verily !

FYI the series before Aarons was a bi-weekly run selling 2 issues a month so even then that series out sold Aarons by 100% selling over 72,000 issues /month , double what Aaron has sold. So yes Aaron run IS the lowest selling monthly Thor comic that's why Marvel, in an act of desperation is doing the she Thor "Thorlene" character.

As far as writing Aarons characters are barely interesting and failingly one dimensional , as well as weak and repetitive. In Aarons first story his antagonist was a joke. It was clear Aaron was either to lazy or incapable of developing a viable antihero character even the name was ridiculous "Gorr" , "Gee Gorr let me guess what you spend most of your time doing ? " How incredibly amateurish , to simply name your character after what he does, good thing he wasn't in the feminine hygiene business Aaron would have named him "douchebag". The whole god butcher series was a battle between tedious and boring with both winning in a tie as a tediously boring series that was terribly unappealing and thinly-plotted. Readers are tortured through a cycle of blood and gore, and dead gods in three timelines, and very little sense. "Hahahaha! I'm evil! I'll kill everyone and save you for last...and it's all your fault. Ha, Ha, Ha ! " LAME !!. Verily !

Another problem with Aarons writing is he doesn't know the Thor character, or the Thor comic. Aaron's style is NOT suited for the Thor comic it is to dark, to bloody and unpleasant. There is too much emphasis on torture death and suffering, but not enough on heroics there's too much focus on Thor being a deity to be worshipped rather than a superhero to be admired. Aaron's Thor comic is a terrible experiment, it is a disturbing, depressing story that doesn't deserve to be a Thor comic. Thor fans enjoy Thor in his more fantastical , magical settings with outer space adventure and fun action. I honestly don’t know what people like about Aaron's Thor it's so poorly written, it completely lacks any connection to the true Thor character and story, and by Aaron fans it is terribly overrated,Verily !

The sooner Aaron is off the Thor comic the better. Hopefully the idiots at Marvel/Disney will have learned from their mistake and put a real writer like a J.Michael Straczynski's on the Thor comic and true fans of the Thor comic can once again enjoy reading about their favorite Mjolnirwielding Thunderer smiting Midgard's foes !!

No Caption Provided

Yes please do so bring back the hero once again. I could say that for all comics these days not about power but how they use it not about them but those souls they save. Great post about character.