#1 Posted by coolcat4 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

the battle with kurse he did nothing at all when he hit him why is he not making him go flying

#2 Posted by bgibs13390 (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse was stronger than Thor even in the comics. Still it was a bad showing by Thor.

#3 Edited by coolcat4 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

i know that but that has nothing to do with him not going flying back his strength wouldnt be able to stop him from geting hit into the air

#4 Edited by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse usually dose beat the holy hell out of Thor

#5 Posted by Spideysense44 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse usually beats the hell of of Thor but did you guys see Frigga she was badass

#6 Posted by TheGodofThunder (598 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolcat4: Because Marvel are idiots and let Chris Yost write the screenplay. He has stated his dislike for the character and everything he writes with thor, he gets his a$$ handed to him. This movie would've been way better had he not been on it.

#7 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5968 posts) - - Show Bio

Because If he's as powerful as MoS, he doesn't need the Avengers.

#8 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17898 posts) - - Show Bio

Because giving a good story is more important that just showing constant feats of strength and power for us geeks to ague over in battle threads.

I'm pretty sure every CBM character is weaker that his comic version.

#9 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

From my knowledge Kurse was the Bane in Thor comics only he didn't lose on a regular basis and displayed unimaginable strength that would make Hulk hesitate.

#10 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse in the comics is X4 Thor's strength. He should in fact be able to destroy Thor in any sort of physical confrontation. That said, Kurse just batting away Mjolnir was high end even for him.

#11 Posted by coolcat4 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

i know how much stronger and that what not im just upset because he is so far below his character in the comics

#12 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

it pains me to see thor depicted s weak its a disrespect to thor fans it too thor two hands to hold hulks one hand, thor and hulk are euals in strength as written by stan lee.... and it was so for so long that is what made their brawls epic..... now thor is soo punny and weak..... marvel disgusts me.....

#13 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin said:

it pains me to see thor depicted s weak its a disrespect to thor fans it too thor two hands to hold hulks one hand, thor and hulk are euals in strength as written by stan lee.... and it was so for so long that is what made their brawls epic..... now thor is soo punny and weak..... marvel disgusts me.....

hhahahahhah

i love this guy

#14 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Well from this showing I find Kurse could take down Hulk pretty easily as long as Jeph Loeb isn't directing.

#15 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolcat4: Because Marvel are idiots and let Chris Yost write the screenplay. He has stated his dislike for the character and everything he writes with thor, he gets his a$$ handed to him. This movie would've been way better had he not been on it.

If I recally correctly, Yost wrote Thor in Avenging Spider-Man and had him tanking Electro's anti-matter blasts that should've ripped apart Thor, but he managed to resist the blasts long enough for SpOck to capture Electro. I'm pretty sure that's one heck of a durability feat.

#17 Edited by Pyrogram (39547 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder said:

If I recally correctly, Yost wrote Thor in Avenging Spider-Man and had him tanking Electro's anti-matter blasts that should've ripped apart Thor, but he managed to resist the blasts long enough for SpOck to capture Electro. I'm pretty sure that's one heck of a durability feat.

Now this here is a man who knows his stuff.

Good point.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Just don't see a reason to bash a writer when he's provided Thor with one of his most impressive durability feats as of late ;)

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (42846 posts) - - Show Bio

Most comic book characters movie versions are nerfed.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has never been able to physically harm Kurse. He's always been a guy Thor had to find other ways to beat because Kurse was pretty much created for the sole purpose of kicking Thor's ass, like how Doomsday was made to kill Superman.

#21 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17898 posts) - - Show Bio

Most comic book characters movie versions are nerfed.

I think the only ones that weren't are Reeves Superman (I mean he never sneezed away galaxies, but flying around the world to reverse time ..-.-) and Dr Manhattan.

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartin: If you were a real Thor fan you'd know that Thor himself has admitted he can't physically beat Kurse. Every single physical fight Thor has had with him since he became Kurse has gone pretty much the same as it did in the movie. Kurse beats the s**t out of Thor until another way to beat him is found.

#23 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the Marvel movie U hates magic and cosmic powers.

#24 Edited by joshmightbe (24908 posts) - - Show Bio

@crom_cruach: Or they were showing a spot on representation of what has happened every time Kurse and Thor have had a fist fight.

#25 Edited by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Because giving a good story is more important that just showing constant feats of strength and power for us geeks to ague over in battle threads.

#26 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

true true

#27 Posted by THORSON (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

as a THOR fan, when is THOR ever portrayed as durability stronger and powerful.

#28 Posted by THORSON (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

true true

Not wolverine. (take X3 for example)

#29 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it'll make the Hulk look bad. And the other Avengers look worthless. = Bad for Marvel.

#30 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@phisigmatau said:

@fallschirmjager said:

true true

Not wolverine. (take X3 for example)

nah wolverin sucks in the movies

gets butt whipped in X2

gets owned by sabretooth in origins

and neither were close fights. he doesn't at all seem to be a trained warrior/assassin/ninja but just a guy with super powers

#31 Posted by HaveAtThee (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't have a problem with Kurse being stronger than Thor. I look at the scene differently. Kurse beat the holy heck out of Thor and Thor walked away from that with nothing more than a few bruises and scrapes. That was an incredible feat of durability. The movie Thor is generally ill-defined in terms of raw power. He either just beats the holy heck out of hordes of people (battle scenes on Jotunheim and Vanaheim from both films come to mind, or vs. Chitauri), or he runs into a brick wall (vs. Kurse). The Thor/Hulk skirmish in Avengers was the only real moment of uncertainty as to which character has the advantage (as that scene was meant to portray, I'm sure).

#32 Posted by HumanRocket (8389 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone is weaker in most of the hero films not just Thor. Bruce had a hard time lifting that piece of wood of himself in Batman Begins.