Why does it say Thor is weakend

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it because he doesn't have his hammer and has lost flight and other high class powers or did he actually loose physical strength and is born in abilitys

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

where are you getting this from?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Glarinetta

Well, I have to admit that losing his arm was huge WTF? His durability is better than that, and Mjölnir has nothing to do with it. + He should be able to grow it back, but no, ***** you Aaron. Anyway, is confirmed that Thor still has his normal powers. Strength, Durability, pla pla, wheather control, earth control, energy manipulation, magic...

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I have to admit that losing his arm was huge WTF? His durability is better than that, and Mjölnir has nothing to do with it. + He should be able to grow it back, but no, fuck you Aaron. Anyway, is confirmed that Thor still has his normal powers. Strength, Durability, pla pla, wheather control, earth control, energy manipulation, magic...

It was an ASGARDIAN Axe, Asgardian made weapons are as deadly to Asgardians as human made weapons are to us, there is nothing wrong with the Axe being able to cut off Thors arm.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta said:

Well, I have to admit that losing his arm was huge WTF? His durability is better than that, and Mjölnir has nothing to do with it. + He should be able to grow it back, but no, fuck you Aaron. Anyway, is confirmed that Thor still has his normal powers. Strength, Durability, pla pla, wheather control, earth control, energy manipulation, magic...

It was an ASGARDIAN Axe, Asgardian made weapons are as deadly to Asgardians as human made weapons are to us, there is nothing wrong with the Axe being able to cut off Thors arm.

Except that Thor isn't fully asgardian. He is also much more durable than normal asgardian ever.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: from the marvel when i looked up when the comic was coming out and when i read the beginning lines of Thor #1

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is mentally weakened, which leads to underperforming physically. And even though he still keeps all his powers without mjolnir, he is a little bit weaker without it.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya if i remember right he was on the moon for weeks and was starved and tired. So not in tip top shape

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ya thats what i was thinking but had to be sure

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

He lost an arm.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know he lost a arm i read it but it says he is weakend before he loses his arm

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By THORSON

winter soldier can lend him an arm...

if he can find it.

Csdabest89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Blame his Durability showing due to Enchanted weapons hurting him. Considering all of the magic enchantment that circles around Thor and his equipment. It would only make sense that Thor would get hurt against Magic and that Enchantment. I seen Thor Face busted open with a Mere punch from Odin. And Considering that Thor wasn't sent flying across the universe. I would Garner that Odin didn't put that much force behind it.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csdabest: as was mentioned before, elder goddess Gaea is his mother making half of him more powerful than Odin. So odin really shouldn't be able to hurt him too bad anyhow since Thor is actually more a real god than his father is. Further, Thor made jarnbjorn as powerful as it is with his blood spell. So it doesn't make sense that his own blood would hurt him. Unlike other superheroes, Thor is pretty resistant to most magics. Only really really powerful casters can affect him but even then he seems to be able to shrug it off after a while. Remember, he can cast spells as well but he either doesn't like it or hasn't put too much work into the art. So the axe cutting him doesn't make sense to me since it's his blood that gives it its power thus contact with his skin should've repelled it. I think so at least.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

@glarinetta: No Thor should not be able to re grow limbs

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its clear that the "weakened" comment from the latest issues recap page (pretty sure this is what you are referring to ?) refers to the fact that he no longer had Mjolnir. The Issue itself did state that he hadn't slept or eaten in days but from the context it seemed to be referring to the loss of the hammer.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just thinking about this. So he got his arm cut off because he was weakened for days of not "eating or sleeping"??? More stupidity. Thor has been stated many times to be able to go MONTHS (if not a YEAR don't remember where it was said or something akin to it) without eating or even BREATHING! And all of a sudden he gets week after days of not eating or resting?! Jeezus!!!!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he's more mentally weakened than anything. Suddenly he's lost the ability to wield one of the most powerful weapons in existence (an extension of his own power) and one of his greatest enemies has used another weapon of his to slice his arm off. The same weapon he enchanted to be able to cut through celestial armor, which is why he was vulnerable to its blade.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hes depressed and feeling unworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Actually thor can regrow limbs with magic

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: He himself said he could regrow limbs with magic, and he did get his eyes back after ripping them out. He also offered to heal Jane fosters cancer with magic.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: ok show me a sca of him saying the first thing. Second thing happend way back when he had both the rune magic and odin force so he could have fixed himself and now he no longer has those abilities so he can no longer do that. Thrid thing he offered to to take Jane to asgard so mages and healers could get rid of her cancer, Thor himself is warrior and not a Mage or healer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Do you not understand what I'm saying? He can heal it with MAGIC. I said he can heal it with magic, not that he has healing powers of himself. I shouldn't have to prove to you that he can heal himself with magic.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again in the latest issue it also says that he is weak and was quickly overpowered. because he doesn't have his hammer.

Now im getting mad. i hope it is just him being exhausted

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophisticated_ignorance: What is the Axe made out of?
Following, would someone throwing a fist-sized "Asgardian rock" knock his block off?
Does Asgardian pollen make him sneeze?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HaveAtThee

The continuity surrounding everything that's going on with Thor in the last two months is non-existent. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spykat

@z3ro180: Well, this ain't regrowing limbs but it does demonstrate that Mjolnir has healing powers.

Thor 155:
Thor 155: "Now Ends the Universe"

Of course, Thor can not wield his enchanted mallet at this point, so he can't really use it to see if it would restore his arm.
This brings up an interesting point. There appears to be a lot of ambiguity as to how many of Thor's abilities come from the hammer, and
how many are innately within him.
If the later, then are other wielders such as She-Thor and Beta Ray Bill merely replicating those powers that Thor possesses naturally via their hammer's enchantment?

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can someone answer if thor is still just as strong. and in a interview Aaron says that thor has lost is god of thunder powers. because he says they belong to mjolnir

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people surprised that a weapon capable of cutting into Celestial armor is capable of chopping off Thor's own arm?

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people surprised that a weapon capable of cutting into Celestial armor is capable of chopping off Thor's own arm?

The problem is that we know so little of that enchantemnt. Is it enchanced to cut any objecs as tough as celestial armor and below such toughness, or it enchanced to cut especifically celestial armor? Another thing is: why can't Thor regrow his arm? He did it in uncanny avengers, right?

DarkseidFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he sucks jajajajajajajjaja

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@darkseidfanboy:

STAIRS >>>>> DARKSEID >>>> THOR :

STAIRS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> THOR

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DaymarePrime

I would gather that since his very life force is tied to his hammer now thay someone else has that part of him he would be less powerful. Does not explain the "unworthy" mess and how a hammer imbued with his own essence can no longer be wielded by him but I guess that is part of tje mystery. I would actually like to see Thor tap into his Gaia-born abilities more now like he had in the JMS stories. This could actually make jim stronger as he explores different aspects of himself (does not seem to be the intent of the arc neccesarily, but it would make it interesting).