What if Thor was there to fight World War Hulk?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#251  Edited By JJ62

With Odin force, Thor woulda won.

Without it, he would've lost horribly. Thor can barely beat a normal savage Hulk. WWH would crush him.

I also think you guys forget that Banner holds back drastically as well. From within...if they both went all out, Hulk would win. WWH even more so...

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i hate hulk fanboys...worst kind of fanboy

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By cmartin

thor has bested hulk and hulk has bested thor before....

stop being a fan boy

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know you are the worst kind of fanboy when even those of your own fanbase disown you.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fanboys in general are the worst...I like how one sided it is depending what thread you enter. ALL fanboys are insane

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If this is normal Thor [which is more logical as Odin force Thor would cream hulk], I for one think he has a chance. Bearing in mind Thor's can use stuff like anti force, God blast or any number of things he can do with his hammer like teleporting him to another dimension. Plus as far as strength goes, you can't really count Thor out; he's crushed planetoids with his bear fist's. He's still got great potential, it's just writers not using him that well. Personally I like Thor a little more than Hulk, but hulk is still cool. In the end it's what the writer who choses what happens so if it's Greg pack then Thor's dead.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By HaveAtThee

Regular Thor is sorely overlooked in the strength and powers department. A major advantage Thor has is the ability to absorb foreign energy thanks to Mjolnir. It would be interesting to have a few panels where Thor is draining gamma radiation out of the Hulk.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

Would have been a stalemate just like the fight with the Sentry.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Enyalios

Thor's presence during the WWH saga would not have changed anything. This has little to do with their abilities and everything to do with the story. That arc was Hulk's arc, and he was going to beat anyone and anything placed in front of him. Galactus himself could have come down and the Hulk would have beaten him because that was what the story called for. Thor would have likely either taken Sentry's place as the one who ultimately stops him (not likely since the story also called for us to be wowed by the power of the Sentry for his use in later books) or took Hercules's place as (or aided him). Otherwise Thor would have gotten swept aside somehow, again because that's what the story calls for.

Bare in mind this is not unique to the Hulk either. The Reigning was basically WWT, the difference being Thor ultimately erases it (and somehow forgets that he has beaten people who give him fits now). But Thor, too, beats everything in his path, even killing both Hulk and Thing in combat at the same time without the Odinforce or Mjolnir.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By dum529001

@enyalios said:

Thor's presence during the WWH saga would not have changed anything. This has little to do with their abilities and everything to do with the story. That arc was Hulk's arc, and he was going to beat anyone and anything placed in front of him. Galactus himself could have come down and the Hulk would have beaten him because that was what the story called for. Thor would have likely either taken Sentry's place as the one who ultimately stops him (not likely since the story also called for us to be wowed by the power of the Sentry for his use in later books) or took Hercules's place as (or aided him). Otherwise Thor would have gotten swept aside somehow, again because that's what the story calls for.

Bare in mind this is not unique to the Hulk either. The Reigning was basically WWT, the difference being Thor ultimately erases it (and somehow forgets that he has beaten people who give him fits now). But Thor, too, beats everything in his path, even killing both Hulk and Thing in combat at the same time without the Odinforce or Mjolnir.

Why do people assume Hulk was killed in "The Reigning"?The funny thing about The Reigning is that Hulk can't be killed by impaling or...well.. any kind of assault. So why do people assume he died?

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its pretty safe to assume that Hulk was dead in that scene. Sure Hulk has healed from far worse most of the time but abilities in comics are never consistent. At any rate its an alternate timeline/Hulk at the end of the day so not really worth getting too upset about.

Anyway Thor was in one of the earliest drafts of WWH - him and Hulk had a fight until Hulk disarmed him and Korg ends up picking up Mjolnir and showing himself Worthy. In light of the revelation that Hulk and his allies may be in the right a shocked Thor reconsiders his opposition to the Hulk's mission, they have a brief bro-to-bro talk and then he leaves. It was on Brevoort's blog somewhere years ago.

Avatar image for cosmiccommonsense
CosmicCommonSense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you know who would win....whoever pak wanted to win case closed

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#264  Edited By mikex20

Thor would of walked funny with Mjolnir lodged firmly up his @$$

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20 said:

Thor would of walked funny with Mjolnir lodged firmly up his @$$

rofl

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway Thor was in one of the earliest drafts of WWH - him and Hulk had a fight until Hulk disarmed him and Korg ends up picking up Mjolnir and showing himself Worthy. In light of the revelation that Hulk and his allies may be in the right a shocked Thor reconsiders his opposition to the Hulk's mission, they have a brief bro-to-bro talk and then he leaves. It was on Brevoort's blog somewhere years ago.

That's interesting. That'd be a refreshing take on their history. It's a bit tiresome when they fight because it'll always end in ambiguity or inconclusively. I can see a titanic slugfest brewing and then one or the other stops to reconsider. They then hug it out and team up against the real enemy.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think its pretty safe to assume that Hulk was dead in that scene. Sure Hulk has healed from far worse most of the time but abilities in comics are never consistent. At any rate its an alternate timeline/Hulk at the end of the day so not really worth getting too upset about.

Hulk can be killed. Wolverine killed him in the "old man Logan" story. Anyway to answer the question, I think the WWH story was made to show Hulk as "the strongest there is". Sentry was billed as the strongest Marvel hero for this story and stalemated Hulk. Thor would have either stalemated Hulk or lost. Sorry.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

"Old Man Logan" is not a part of the mainstream Marvel continuity in any way.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#269  Edited By Bezza

@bezza:

"Old Man Logan" is not a part of the mainstream Marvel continuity in any way.

Look, I know that, but a version of the Hulk still died!

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

It doesn't matter if it was "some version of the Hulk". And it wasn't just a version, it was a trashy version.

Marvel has good alternate versions of the maninstream characters/entities as well as plenty of trashy versions.

Not all the aternate universe characters/entities are on par with the mainstream in the most basic ways. Some alternate versions just suck really bad.

And Hulk doesn't die from being cut open like a trash bag. Obviously.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

hulk would die.

even beta ray bill could kill hulk.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

depends on thor's manner at the time. thor having fought hulk many times knows what to expect. if the story was written Greg Pak style WWH would win otherwise reason tells u thor should win.

that being taken into account thor takes this fight

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Could Thor had stopped the Hulk?

2. Or would Thor had fallen?

THOR would have killed Hulk in seconds.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate this thread

Superman vs THOR

hulk vs THOR

are the worst threads in the world.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wouldn't have fought Hulk. If Thor knew what the Illuminati did to him, he would believe what Hulk's doing is not his problem. Heck he would probably confront them too.

ponello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: the hammer weights 20 kg (40lbs) its not thw weight but you have to be worthy

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR wins

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thor wouldn't have fought Hulk. If Thor knew what the Illuminati did to him, he would believe what Hulk's doing is not his problem. Heck he would probably confront them too.

I think Thor would take issue with Hulk invading New York. He might fight Hulk to remove him from the city, but he would definitly confront the Illuminati about their actions and force them to take repsonbility for exiling the Hulk. Remember, they were not the cause for the destruction of Sakaar. The Red King's men placed a damaged warp drive on the ship hoping it would destroy the Hulk and underestimated it because they had no idea how it worked. Hirom's people brought the Hulk to Sakaar by controlling the wormhole and whatever space drive the Hulk's ship had was not a hyperdrive.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order said:

I think Thor would take issue with Hulk invading New York. He might fight Hulk to remove him from the city, but he would definitly confront the Illuminati about their actions and force them to take repsonbility for exiling the Hulk. Remember, they were not the cause for the destruction of Sakaar. The Red King's men placed a damaged warp drive on the ship hoping it would destroy the Hulk and underestimated it because they had no idea how it worked. Hirom's people brought the Hulk to Sakaar by controlling the wormhole and whatever space drive the Hulk's ship had was not a hyperdrive.

Yeah he would fight Hulk for a little likely, but nothing that will have a clear winner. Thor will see the bigger picture, and that's confronting the Illuminati.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree on the above, WWH was more articulate than Hulk usually is. Once he explained his story, Thor would have paused. I think he would have tried to mediate the dispute. He'd be in a tough spot, he'd side with Hulk, but would not want Earth damaged.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@revamp: In an all-out physical brawl between the Thunder God Thor and the Hulk, the Green Goliath proves to be stronger by beating the Odinson within an inch of his life (Mighty Thor #385)!

Hulk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a huge Hulk fan and Thor is way up there on my list as well, classic Hulk and classic Thor is very close. Odinforce Thor would take any form of Hulk and WWHulk would take regular Thor. Regular Thor would take grey Hulk. I would like to see the Green Scar with oldstrong enchanted sword vs Thor. Thor almost always has Mjlonir and this time Hulk would have a worthy weapon as well. I like the Green Scar in this fight.

I have probably about 700 Hulk comics and roughly 400-500 Thor comics. I've seen the scans and some aren't complete. Thor wins some and Hulk wins some, and neither one is afraid of the other. Their battles are often left unfinished but usually awesome, some of the best stuff in all of comics. I really like that they are teammates in the Avengers of late. Some people will argue Hyperion, Juggernaut, Sentry or whoever is stronger, but I feel Hulk and Thor are at the top short of the cosmic level guys.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see a standalone Hulk/Thor team-up story. Maybe something lasting two issues. I think it could be refreshing and fun instead of seeing them punching each other all the time.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I read an interview Pak wanted this to be the final fight but Marvel scraped it and was switched to Sentry? Either way WWH would have won. Savage Hulk and Thor have always been a toss up historically, having a powered up tactical Hulk would have given Hulk the edge.

Hulk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee:

That would be cool, I would spend my money on that.....maybe something like where Hulk and Thor have to save the rest of the Avengers. Banner could use his smarts to come up with the plan and Thor could try to keep Banner calm until the plan can be set into motion. Of course in the end, we should have lots of Thor and Hulk smashing/smiting their enemies.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Read the what if about this.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack:

Ugh - I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. It was pretty awful.

Hulk's reaction when he discovered Miek killed his wife, child and planet was to yell "Miek - I am very angry with you!!!"

redbarda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would have whooped him unless he wasnt using odin force then it would have been more even

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caligula: I know this is an old post,but did this really happen and is it canon?Never have I seen Thor`s hammer lifted by physical strength alone.The hulk would have to be superior to Odin to do this.Even zeus who beat hulk easy could only hold it for a few seconds.This is bad writing in my opinion,and yes I am a hulk fan.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That kind of story was explained in "What If: World War Hulk", no? Where Thor managed to calm down green giant and all go separate ways with smiles and beating of some evil bug?

voldo2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By voldo2006
@galactus1967 said:

@caligula: I know this is an old post,but did this really happen and is it canon? Never have I seen Thor`s hammer lifted by physical strength alone.The hulk would have to be superior to Odin to do this.Even zeus who beat hulk easy could only hold it for a few seconds.This is bad writing in my opinion,and yes I am a hulk fan.

No one can lift Thor`s hammer unless they are worthy. Funny because i just argue this point a few days ago.

No, the Hulk can't lift the hammer. It says "WORTHY".....not who has God like strength. This only includes Thor, the Red Norvell, Odin, Beta Ray Bill, and Captain America. This doesn't include other Multiverses which I never care to added in since that a different time and instance. (Someone posted that Natalia Romanova lifted the hammer. They forgot to say it was from Earth-23223.) When Captain American lifted the hammer. It wasn't him just kicking back one day and just lifting it. It depends on the time and place.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/08/15/top-five-non-thor-mjolnir-wielders/2/ (toward the bottom)

He lifted it during the heat of battle. When Thor was in trouble. At that moment in time, he was worthy to lift it. Also, just because you lifted it one time doesn't mean you are worthy to lift it anytime you want to. (I hate using movies for examples but I'm not digging through comics to find one) Just like Thor wasn't worth in his movie for a while.

They argue by posting these up.

1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38032/2471984-hero_envy_hulk_thor15.jpg

Look closely and tell me what the Hulk is hold on to? Its not the Hammer, its Thor's arm.

2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/38032/2471983-hero_envy_hulk_vs_thorx3b.jpg

He's not lifting it. Thor's hand is still holding the hammer.

3. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111112704/2967067-thorvshulkjim1126croppe.jpg

like you said.....the magic that was on the hammer was removed.

As for Thor stopping the hulk. I would have to say no. I mean if Supreme is suppose to be the most powerful super hero in the marvel world, and he couldn't stop him. I think the Hulk would get the upper hand on him because I believe Thor would try to stop the Hulk but would have restrain try to do it. Leaving himself open for attacks while trying to talk sense into him.Can you really blame the Hulk for coming back and looking for revenge? Hell, I think Thor might side with the Hulk for what they did to him.

My question is where was Thor during World War Hulk?

OldNorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is a god and Hulk is just an over powered human science experiment gone wrong, if not for Hulks huge following, Thor's power set could be used to it's fullest during their encounters leading to the only probable conclusion and what should really happen all things being unbiased.

CH1C4N0444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caligula said:

@ReVamp said:

@Caligula said:
Thor has had trouble with Hulk in less powered forms than WWH, so I doubt Thor would have made a huge difference.

Yeah, but that's just pure idiocy.

1. This should be in the Battle Forums, under Thor vs. World War Hulk

2. I'm sure that thread has already been created.

3. PIS. Doesn't thor have the abilities to move at a great speeds? Yeah, so speed Blitz FTW.

4. Marvel wouldn't bring Thor into this for no reason, they let him be.

5. Taking Marvel writers into account, they allways want to make Hulk look like a BAMF, so they would make it that either

a)He'd lose, for the purpose of the story (which isn't bad)

b) He'd be in another place occupied (ie Asgard)

c) He'd win, and the story would go on from there

d) Hulk would use some exploit to gain the upper hand.

Without Marvel PIS, Thor's Powerset would allow him to clean Hulk's clock. Specially with everyone else there.

Speed Blitz doesn't mean a win against the Hulk. He is far too durable for that. plus Thor's Speed blitz is considerably less than most.

and sorry to break it to Thor fans. But Hulk has destroyed Thor numerous times.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

What issues are those from?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is really growing on me as a character but i still think WWH would poop on him

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unless its a plot device. No hulk can beat any comic THOR.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

unless its a plot device. No hulk can beat any comic THOR.

Hulk fans gonna be mad...

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quoting yourself to agree with yourself, i am not sure whose really mad here lol.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is still a topic? The likely scenario would've been Thor and Hulk duking it out without any type of conclusion and Thor possibly disagreeing with the other heroes' decision to send Hulk into space. At least I feel that would've been the most logical angle. Either way we'll never really know.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

with greg pak writing it he'll make hulk win