thors potential strength

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By coolcat4

so i was wondering about the warrior madness and thors strength. does thor put mental blocks on himself to only allow 1/10th of his strength to be used since warrior madness is only a state of mind does that mean the strength is already inside thor but he just doesn't realize that he can use it

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Experio

Its never been clarified but it seems like a logical explanation, if going into another state of emotion increases your strength ten fold without any outside physical enhancement, then the limitation lies within the mind.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: ya thats what i was thinking almost like its a psychosomatic disorder

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Glarinetta

Yeah, like many Marvel characters Thor has a lot potential what he isn't using.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: In an old avengers comic, thor states that he only uses 1/10th of his strength so as not to kill anyone, but by doing it so often, he forgets to go all out or something like that.

Marvelous_3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warrior madness Thor was still owned by the Hulk, so I wouldn't be too impressed.

ThorBoy2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love thor but warrior madness thor was owned by the hulk. I don't know why thor can't ever beat him.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has beat him many times... Once without Mjölnir.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fifthchild

The Warriors Madness = 10 times strength thing is more or less a myth - its based on a single panel of dialogue from the Onslaught/Heroes Reborn saga where Thor states as much.

In contrast Thor has gone into Warrior's Madness a few times now with no mention or sign of any increase in physical strength. The first appearance of WM was by Lee/Kirby when Thor faced Adam Warlock & it was stated by Baldur that it was actually a liability as it meant a beserk non-thinking Thor ran more risk of being defeated by a lesser opponent. More recently, in "Endless Wartime", Thor was shown going into Warriors Madness again with no hint of a massive increase in physical power - the main consequence was that it was considered to be a shameful thing for an Asgardian to succumb to such battle-lust.

So while there is indeed a line of dialogue from Thor stating that it boosted strength tenfold the majority of continuity doesnt really bear that out.