Thor's Main Opponent in Age of Ultron: Minor Spoilers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'll spoiler block this in case anyone doesn't want to read it (but then why would you click on here in the first place?) Anyway, IGN's latest interview with Christ Hemsworth on the set of Age of Ultron reveals who Thor will fight in Age of Ultron. Whereas Hulk faces off against Iron Man's Hulkbuster suit, Thor will face:

The Vision

Q: Can you talk about the fight sequence you’re filming today [featuring Thor battling The Vision]?

Hemsworth: This is their first meeting, really. And it's, as you can see, it's conflicted. It's a big fight scene.

Q: Each time we see Thor his power and abilities keep getting amped up. Are we going to see his abilities manifest in a new way? Will he be more powerful or more trained?

Hemsworth: Yeah, I mean in this instance you see it's hand-to-hand combat because [that becomes possible] if someone is of his equal strength - or more so than him. He can afford to do that, whereas with the people who were far less capable than him and not as strong I said, 'Let's make sure he's picking up cars, and throwing them, and ripping things in half, and spending a bit more time up in the air and using the elements, as opposed to being stuck kind of in a hand-to-hand fights with the bad guys.' So, yeah, I think it keeps getting kind of amped up and more elaborate. Yeah, we see him fly a bit more.

Source: IGN Comics

The interview is very interesting itself in what Hemsworth teases Thor's role in Avengers: AOU will be.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Sweet

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It will be underwhelming I think. Hope it delivers.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw that interview as well. Should be awesome. Thor definitely could use a power upgrade in MCU, very excited to see him get stronger. Now we just need to remove Jane foster from his solo movies and we'll be all set.

I've also heard rumors of him dying in AoU or in Ragnarok and missing the first part of infinity war. Whatever happens, I want him in every avenger movie.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

My goodness, I can't wait for this!!!

Thanks for the info

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dame I clicked on the thing Though chances are this will be awesome.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers in the video... (for me they are minor spoilers but other interpretations can be made)

Loading Video...

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Sounds awesome. I am pretty excited for it.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Thor sorely needs the upgrades.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By coolcat4

Im going to love the h2h its going to be great. and since Thor is seen a lot without his hammer we will get to see him use his hands. but since when is the vision as strong or stronger than Thor. or do you think the density alteration makes it appear that he is as strong because Thors hits wont do as much? Do you think the vision is getting a power boost so he is able to fight at Thors strength. because that would mean the vision is at the hulks strength level also. since Thor stalemated the hulks strength.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the boost to Thor's power is welcome news it's kind of pointless if Vision is amped up to the same level, and you can expect Ultron to be beyond that as well. And while I do enjoy the movies I'm annoyed to no end that it seems Marvel (Disney) is set on making the comics into nothing more than monthly advertising for the films. Apparently they're already dismantling the MU at the abstract/cosmic level and if this ends up with the Aesir, Vanir and other races being aliens with nothing more than advanced tech to appease movie goers then I'm done. It'd almost be better if they kept their precious replacement Thor and eliminated the realm eternal in a final, definitive Ragnarok.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He also said he'll be more powerful in Thor TDW

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the full interview on IGN even before it was posted here in this thread, and the impression i get is we will again get a lot of "hero vs hero" fight just like the first Avengers movie (Hemsworth talking about Scarlet Witch messing with the heads of our heros and making them fight with each other etc etc)....thats a total disappointment, we already got a lot of meaningless hero vs hero fight in the first movie (around 1 hour of the film was just Hulk smashing Thor, Thor smashing Iron Man and blabla)...It seems like Marvel just cant find an enough interesting story to fill in the whole screen time, so they fill in the story with hero vs hero fights to lengthen the movie

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's rather disappointing.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I guessing he will die in RAGNAROCK but will come back for infinity war.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@jayc1324: I guessing he will die in RAGNAROCK but will come back for infinity war.

There is some rumor (just a rumor) that after Ragnarok Thor will be in some kind of "cosmic prison", that made me remember what happened to him in the comics after his dead in Fear Itself, at this point with so many reports i believe that the main 4 Avengers will be only in Infinity War part 2, so good plots are needed to make their comeback believable, I think Thor definitely should die in Ragnarok to follow the myth, a "cosmic kind of prison" for Asgardians after dead where no one ever escaped, and everyone forgets about everything and Mjolnir saves the day and makes him remember that he is Thor could work or not...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: @asgaard: that could work. I have a theory that the after credits scene in age of ultron will be heimdall telling Loki that an ancient enemy (Surtur) along with an unknown power (Thanos) is comeing to attack asgard and it ends with Loki haveing a look of absolute terror on his face while he says make ready for war. So Thor 3 will be Thor defending asgard from the like of Surtur who is destroying asgard with the help of Thanos who won't make an aperance in the movie right until the after credits scene where we see him picking up the tesseract in a destroyed weapons vault with his trade mark grin on his face. Also Thor would be his prisoner or something.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: My thoughts for Thor Ragnarok are in some points similar to yours, i think Thanos could send someone like the Beta Ray Bill (blackmailed with his people life), to get the Tesseract and the Gauntlet from Odin's vault, BRB fails but the battle with Thor for Mjolnir awakens Surtur and the Ragnarok starts, Thanos is informed by Loki that end of all things is happening, they make a new deal, Odin and Thor have a honored death in battle, Thanos arrives in the end of the movie stops the Ragnarok destruction and gets the Tesseract and the Gauntlet from Loki who is the new King of Asgard.

From what was said in the video that i posted in this topic, SpoilersThor will leave Midgard in search for something important to stop Ultron, in this scenario Loki, Heimdall and Thanos (Ultron was created with Chitauri technology) connections are very probable, i think something similar to your description with Loki and Heimdall and Thanos will happen...

In my perspective Sutur and the Ragnarok will be the Scarlet Witch vision for Thor, where could be hinted that Thor starts the Ragnarok.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

everyone should know this by now...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HaveAtThee

Meh, Thor is the ultimate poster-boy for taking a huge beating to show how awesome the new threat is. In the films Hulk is shown as the main powerhouse of the team. I have a feeling that Vision starts beating the snot out of Thor to look like a worthy adversary/future teammate. After all, the current roster is horribly top heavy.

As for the Ragnarok film, I have a hunch that whatever leads to the tension/schism within the team has Thor rethinking his vacation on Midgard. Especially after Heimdall (probably) calls him back to Asgard because it is revealed that Loki is usurping the throne by impersonating Odin. This gives Thor a totally plausible reason to exit-stage-left once the Ultron threat is resolved.

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ironthor1

I cant believe they cut this fight from the theatrical release

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofkings1: Let me give you an advice. If you don't want to end up like demonknights, stop doing this. I see you doing this exact same thing.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe they cut this fight from the theatrical release

I'd already read somewhere before the film was released that despite what Chris Hemsworth said the fight had been left on the cutting room floor. Maybe we'll eventually get to see it as bonus material when the Blue Ray/DVD is out.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is slow

Oh, hey, thanks for helping to keep the Thor forums in the top ten most popular wiki boards on CV. Couldn't have done it without your continued support. ;)

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spiderman1997
antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the moments between Thor and Vision great team better than Hulk and Thor. I thought Thor had a great showing in the movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They didn't fight at all really. Thor just threw him through a window and then vision apologized for charging at him. It was still cool though. They cut a lot of Thor stuff from the movie (and probably a lot from other characters too). They cut out that woman in his vision we saw in the trailers, they cut the Thor/ultron fight I'm sure, and there was a scene of him catching and ambulance ultron threw and throwing it back.

He was still awesome though.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Kinda disappointed they cut the fight but I guess they didn't want the movie any longer than it already was

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda disappointed they cut the fight but I guess they didn't want the movie any longer than it already was

I feel the same way, and somehow i think that fight could help to understand better why Vision copy Thor's cape and why Vision was worthy of Mjolnir, seems that he is more than a machine without feelings in the MCU...

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably already have been said or read...but it was cut out.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hemsworth made THOR beast.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thorson said:

He felt mighty the whole film

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

Still another couple days before I get to see the movie, but definitely looking forward to it.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers