#1 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

While mentions of Batman and Spider-Man's rogues are constant one problem many hyper powered heroes have had are weak or unimpressive rogues gallery. But one stands out, Thor! With Thors he has a perfect balance between the the super villains of Midgard and to his various enemies from the 9 realms. He can face a range from the supervillains of earth, to the asgardian level beings of Loki, Enchantress, Gorr, and Skurge and the high powered beings of Surtur, Hela, Ymir.

Who are your favorites in Thor's Rogues Gallery?

#2 Posted by sagejonathan (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

Malekith, Gorr & Loki are among my favorites; Simonson's Malekith was good but very unexplored. Aaron has been showing how great the character actually is. I loved Simonson's Surtur but thought Fraction's Surtur story was boring. I've only read Fraction's story arc with Enchantress as a villain and it was one of the worst arcs I've ever read, so I don't like her as of now. To be honest though, I don't think Thor has too many great villains compared to others.

#3 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Malekith, Gorr & Loki are among my favorites; Simonson's Malekith was good but very unexplored. Aaron has been showing how great the character actually is. I loved Simonson's Surtur but thought Fraction's Surtur story was boring. I've only read Fraction's story arc with Enchantress as a villain and it was one of the worst arcs I've ever read, so I don't like her as of now. To be honest though, I don't think Thor has too many great villains compared to others.

Well hated Fraction's run on the first Thor arc so knew he was horrible for the run, Gillen wrote a great Surtur in Journey into Mystery. I really liked how Stan wrote many of the earth villains of Hyde, Absorbing Man, and Kobra. Though many of the villains I enjoyed most were from the Asgard aspects.

#4 Edited by TheGodofThunder (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer, Mangog, Enchantress, Hela, Loki, Surtur, Ymir

#5 Posted by HaveAtThee (526 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Aaron plans on using Mangog down the line. Hopefully when Ribic returns he brings Mangog into the story. But yes, Thor's own rogues gallery from the Nine Realms is pretty impressive. Marvel has had Thor spending FAR too much time on Earth in recent years and these characters have been mostly ignored or not used. We can also add Gorr to the list as well.

#6 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Surtur gorr loki malekith

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor does have one of the best rogues gallerys not to mention supporting casts.

#8 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: That he does asgardian and mortal.

Aye. Alien and inter-dimensional, too.

#10 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

When I think of great rogues galleries I just don't really think of Thor. I do like the villains of his I've seen though for sure.

#11 Edited by HaveAtThee (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor does have one of the best rogues gallerys not to mention supporting casts.

What a gorgeous spread.

#12 Posted by THORSON (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR HAS TO GO AGAINST THOSE ON...

EARTH: DR. DOOM, RED HULK, WRECKING CREW

9 REALMS: LOKI SURTUR, MALEKITH, ULIK, FROST GIANTS, HELA

UNIVERSE/COSMIC: GALACTUS, HERALDS, KREE, SKRULLS, celestials, EGO

HE IS PART OF THE AVENGERS AND OF ASGARD

THOR HAS A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES.

#13 Posted by Lvenger (19428 posts) - - Show Bio

No one beats Loki as an antagonist for Thor. I wish the real Loki came back rather than this kid replacement. Surtur, Ymir, Malekith, Hela and Mangog are awesome foes for Thor too.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14724 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is the best antagonist Thor has in people's eyes but for me Surtur is way more interesting and better than Loki.Of course Thor has other rogues rather than these two but these are my favorites along with Amora.

#15 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wrecking Crew

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Your not going to like Loki agent of Asgard then

#17 Posted by Lvenger (19428 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: I don't like the look of it that much tbh.

#18 Edited by New_World_Order (13073 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed

#19 Posted by New_World_Order (13073 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: What is Loki agent of Asgard?

#20 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

While i hated the Fear Itself event I felt they missed an opportunity in making all the hammer users all Thor villains from earth. Absorbing man, Grey Gargoyle, Juggernaut, and Titania were good choice, everyone else very poor. I think the better twist for the host of the Serpent should have been King Cobra up his status as threat to finally facing Thor one on one with the powers of the Jormungard the real Serpend. Other wielders should have also been Hyde and Man Beast.

#21 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Edited by THORSON (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

movie wise, THOR could dominate.

#23 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by THORSON (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Dominate how?

with his villains, THOR movies could be endless and great compared to other heroes villains.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (19428 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a shame Malekith wasn't more developed in this sequel. It was more well rounded than the first Thor movie but still, Malekith's intentions and goals sucked big time. Simonson and Aaron give him way more depth in the comics.

#26 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the members in the Wrecking Crew Thunderball has the most potential to become leader. I would like to see more of them be an integral threat to Thor working for various beings from the Nine Realms.

#27 Edited by HaveAtThee (526 posts) - - Show Bio

In issue 19 of God of Thunder, Aaron is introducing a new villain named "Minotaur" who controls an energy company called Roxxon. I'm pretty excited for this arc (especially due to Ribic's return).

#30 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Behold one of the many reasons Thor's villains rocks Skurge. His magniceient sacrifice at the battle of Hel