Thor Capability Thread(for Battle Reference)

• 63 results
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By majestic99

This thread shall be dedicated to showing Thor's most impressive feats, and these scans are to be used on battle forums to show Thor's high end showings. Whether it be speed, strength, teleportation,etc., not everyone is aware of Thor's feats or how powerful he is compared to other powerhouses.

This thread shall be organized into the following sections(I will add feats only if people post):

Thor without Mjolnir:

1. Speed

2. Strength

3. Durability

4. Earth Control

Mjolnir's Abilities:

5. Energy Sensing

6. Tracking

7. Energy Absorption/Manipulation

8. Energy Blasts

9. Weather Manipulation

10. Molecular Manipulation

11. Teleportation

12. Psionics(mind control powers, like hypnosis, yes, Thor possesses it)

13. Flight

14. Mjolnir's unknown abilities(undead lethality, time manipulation,etc.)

I'll add TONS of feats later, I have to go now.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By majestic99

Here is the area where people underestimate Thor the most. He is normally written to fight like a slow brawler but that's because he holds back and writer plot.

Reactionary

Here, Thor strikes down a moving Quicksilver and claimed to have fought enemies faster than him:

No Caption Provided

Thor reacts and catches Rulk from falling into a black hole(FTL reactionary feat):

No Caption Provided

Micro-Second Reaction Time:

No Caption Provided

Thor reacted while a telepathic blast was midway about to hit him from Phoenix rachel:

No Caption Provided

Bill is more or less Thor's equal.

Here, BRB perceives Silver Surfer moving at "multiple light speed"(meaning Bill must at least possess nano-second reaction time):

Travel

Caught up to Ego(who was traveling AT LEAST 5,000 FTL) from Astonishing Thor#2:

No Caption Provided

Does it again:

Thor had to have been traveling AT LEAST 20,000 FTL to only catch up to but overtake Ego.

Thor is as fast as the lightning he commands:

Strength:

No Caption Provided

Armwrestles Hercules to a stalemate. The sheer strength of them was collapsing the area around them and it carved a valley. The sheer power between the strengths of these 2 which was the force toknock the whole planet out of orbit:

No Caption Provided

Stalemates Hulk's strength for an entire hour(even though Hulk was getting stronger and stronger and still unable to overpower Thor):

No Caption Provided

Rendered the Abomination unconscious with a single blow:

No Caption Provided

He one-shotted Namor in the rain while holding back. It was an "accidental" knock out.

No Caption Provided

Note: Namor got up a few pages later.

Lifts the Midgard Serpent:

No Caption Provided

Resists the weight of a Neutron star and overpowers it:

No Caption Provided

Thor's equal, Beta ray Bill, stated he has crushed moons before with his fists. It's safe to assume that Thor can do the same.

No Caption Provided

Thor when not holding back struck a Celestial at full power. It vibrated and the force was so strong, it was felt and damaged the entire planet:

No Caption Provided

Thor struck BRB with such force Thor ended up shattering the planet they were fighting on:

Durability:

No Caption Provided

Bullets can't harm Thor:

No Caption Provided

Resists gravity of a Neutron Star and overpowers it:

No Caption Provided

Thor is getting crushed by the weight of planets:

No Caption Provided

An unaware Thor doesn't get injured by Wondermans punch:

No Caption Provided

The sun's temperature doesn't harm Thor at all. You also have to take into consideration other factors such as Kelvin which produces 15.6 million Kelvin and over 380 billion billion megawatts of nuclear reactions going off and 5,000,000 tons of energy being produced in the form of Gamma Rays every second. The Sun's core also exerts an atmospheric pressure that would be 250 billion times that of Earth:

No Caption Provided
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kallarkz

Thor struck Quicksilver or he hit the ground?

And did we ever seen him fight these swifter foes? Or are we now assuming that that statement means he can fight any foe no matter how fast...since he has "fought swifter foes than Quicksilver"

m99

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

And for your first section...Why do you think Thor's strength or durability is affected by his hammer...have you read a Thor comic recently?

Whatever BB can do Thor can do?

How desperate can Thor fans get?

m99

Also I'm curious..If Thor is able to react so fast...why was he impaled in the back 2 weeks ago by Rhino's horn AFTER Rhino yelled at him?

Seems like that Micro second reaction time would have come in handy.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

Thor struck Quicksilver or he hit the ground?

And did we ever seen him fight these swifter foes? Or are we now assuming that that statement means he can fight any foe no matter how fast...since he has "fought swifter foes than Quicksilver"

m99

1. He struck him.

@Kallarkz said:

And for your first section...Why do you think Thor's strength or durability is affected by his hammer...have you read a Thor comic recently?

Whatever BB can do Thor can do?

How desperate can Thor fans get?

m99

1. I know it's not. I just decided to split it into two different sections, because some people believe his strength depends on his hammer.

2. You need to retype the second part, I don't understand.

3. It's just a thread, if you don't like it, get over it.

m99

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

So you made up a section? Perfect.

Beta ray Bill can do whatever Thor can do? Not good logic. One is a Cyborg from an alien race...and the other is an Asgardian...yet we are assuming they both can do the EXACT same thing. No

Didn't say I didn't like it. Just that Thor fans on this site tend to.....give a false account of events.

And I'm looking at that image and I clearly see Thor hitting the ground.

Just asked a co-worker and he said hes hitting the ground as well...so.....

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kallarkz

@Kallarkz said:

Also I'm curious..If Thor is able to react so fast...why was he impaled in the back 2 weeks ago by Rhino's horn AFTER Rhino yelled at him?

Can you clarify that for me?

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

Beta ray Bill can do whatever Thor can do? Not good logic. One is a Cyborg from an alien race...and the other is an Asgardian...yet we are assuming they both can do the EXACT same thing. No

Didn't say I didn't like it. Just that Thor fans on this site tend to.....give a false account of events.

1. No, I split it into two sections.

2. I said BRB is Thor's equal, I didn't mean the EXACT same thing.

3. Which scan are you referring to about the Thor hitting the ground?

m99

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@majestic99: Would you please stop spamming? There is already Thor respect thread, we don't need another one with different name.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kallarkz

@majestic99 said:

@Kallarkz said:

1. No, I split it into two sections.

2. I said BRB is Thor's equal, I didn't mean the EXACT same thing.

3. Which scan are you referring to about the Thor hitting the ground?

m99

and then stated that one was obsolete...since it would be the same as the first.

Equal is not exact? Equal- A person or thing considered to be the same as another in status or quality.

Let's avoid word games. You are saying that Thor and BRB can do the same things.

Or are we only comparing them when it comes to positives? Like Thor's lack of actual speed feats?

Thor vs Quicksilver

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By majestic99

@RyuHayabusa said:

@majestic99: Would you please stop spamming? There is already Thor respect thread, we don't need another one with different name.

It's different. This shows Thor's most impressive feats for each of his powers. the other shows EVERYTHING.

@Kallarkz said:

Let's avoid word games. You are saying that Thor and BRB can do the same things.

Or are we only comparing them when it comes to positives? Like Thor's lack of actual speed feats?

Thor vs Quicksilver

1. It's two different sections-Thor's own powers and mjolnir's abilities. That's two different sections.

2. No, I'm talking about how BRB is Thor's equal(mainly strength and speed)

3. Thor didn't hit the ground once, what are you talking about?

m99

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kallarkz

@majestic99 said:

1. It's two different sections-Thor's own powers and mjolnir's abilities. That's two different sections.

2. No, I'm talking about how BRB is Thor's equal(mainly strength and speed)

3. Thor didn't hit the ground once, what are you talking about?

m99

Thor without Mjolnir

This topic title means what are Thor's capabilities without his hammer. I am telling you that they are the same as far as Strength and durability is. I'm concerned that you are not understanding that

No. You are saying that since BRB can do something Thor can do that exact same thing. You showed a feat of BRB that Thor has not done...and since they are "equal" Thor can do that exact same thing. Stop with word games.

Look at the picture with Thor and Quicksilver...His hammer is touching the ground as QS was standing away from him. How are you not seeing that? Half of that frame is rubble from the ground.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@majestic99 said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

It's different. This shows Thor's most impressive feats for each of his powers. the other shows EVERYTHING.

It is still the same thing. You can still edit your posts from previous thread and arrange those feats in sections.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#14  Edited By Deadcool
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kallarkz

@Kallarkz said:

@Kallarkz said:

m99

still waiting for an answer

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Deadcool

@Kallarkz: This forums called it PIS, sometimes a writer uses a character in certain way in plot's benefit, and sometimes that writer does that ignoring other runs with the character, Dan Slott wrote Thor in that way so he would be able to create a drama, where Spider-man would need to save himself and new york from the Sinister Six.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kallarkz

@Deadcool said:

@Kallarkz: This forums called it PIS, sometimes a writer uses a character in certain way in plot's benefit, and sometimes that writer does that ignoring other runs with the character, Dan Slott wrote Thor in that way so he would be able to create a drama, where Spider-man would need to save himself and new york from the Sinister Six.

sounds more like a way for people to ignore stuff they don't like.

No matter if you add an abbreviation to it or not...It's largely made up.

When does it stop? When on thing contradicts another...it's PIS...but when one thing shows something positive...it's not.

The majority of the time people use that on this site is to discount negative things. Strange that it's so rare for people to use that for the positive.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

Thor without Mjolnir

This topic title means what are Thor's capabilities without his hammer. I am telling you that they are the same as far as Strength and durability is. I'm concerned that you are not understanding that

No. You are saying that since BRB can do something Thor can do that exact same thing. You showed a feat of BRB that Thor has not done...and since they are "equal" Thor can do that exact same thing. Stop with word games.

Look at the picture with Thor and Quicksilver...His hammer is touching the ground as QS was standing away from him. How are you not seeing that? Half of that frame is rubble from the ground.

1. His strength and durability aren't dependent on his hammer.

2. I'm saying Thor could do what I showed BRB doing.

3. No, your exact words were "thor was hitting the ground," not once in the scan was Thor laying on the ground.

@Kallarkz said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Kallarkz said:

m99

Thanks for trolling, you had a typo and I couldn't understand what you were asking.

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By majestic99
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kallarkz

@majestic99 said:

@Kallarkz said:

Thor without Mjolnir

1. His strength and durability aren't dependent on his hammer.

2. I'm saying Thor could do what I showed BRB doing.

3. No, your exact words were "thor was hitting the ground," not once in the scan was Thor laying on the ground.

@Kallarkz said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Kallarkz said:

m99

Thanks for trolling, you had a typo and I couldn't understand what you were asking.

m99

Trolling? I'm asking you questions and you are giving horrible responses. A typo stopped you from understanding that? Right. More like you didn't and still don't have an answer. It's ok

And I've told you his strength wasn't dependent on his hammer and you agreed so I'm not sure why you are responding that way. You made a topic that suggested they are different.

I know that is what you are saying. And I'm saying you are wrong. You are saying a character can do one thing because someone who is similar to him can. THOR Feats don't mean (Thor + Thunderstrike + BRB)

And yes Thor hit the ground. No he was not laying on it. He hit it instead of hitting QS.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kallarkz

@majestic99 said:

@Deadcool said:

There is already a thread about this:

Best scans/feat(S) of current Thor - Comic Vine

That's MODERN Thor, these feats include Classic as well(so does my other one).

m99

Since you believe that there is a difference between Modern and Classic why post those scans for Battle Reference?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

Since you believe that there is a difference between Modern and Classic why post those scans for Battle Reference?

Classic feats are still canon

m99

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kallarkz

@majestic99 said:

@Kallarkz said:

Classic feats are still canon

m99

I like how you select out only certain questions when you don't have an answer for the rest.

Once again. Explain to me...how Thor was impaled if he has micro second reaction time.

Current Thor reacts as slow as a truck from what I've seen.

If someone on the battle forums pulls out that Quicksilver feat (Where Thor is hitting the ground) I would respond with the Rhino one which shows Thor not being able to react so a gigantic Rhino.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

Trolling? I'm asking you questions and you are giving horrible responses. A typo stopped you from understanding that? Right. More like you didn't and still don't have an answer. It's ok

And I've told you his strength wasn't dependent on his hammer and you agreed so I'm not sure why you are responding that way. You made a topic that suggested they are different.

I know that is what you are saying. And I'm saying you are wrong. You are saying a character can do one thing because someone who is similar to him can. THOR Feats don't mean (Thor + Thunderstrike + BRB)

And yes Thor hit the ground. No he was not laying on it. He hit it instead of hitting QS.

1. Yes a typo does that, typos prevent me from understanding you, and I'm not giving horrible responses, I'm giving accurate answers, and you just mock me with m99, again, if you don't like it, then get over it.

2. I put it in two sections because I wanted to, and you said "one was obscelete because both sections were the same," when they weren't.

3. I was talking about reactionary speed feats, so I'm right. In the scan, he didn't hit the ground, that was my point.

@Kallarkz said:

When does it stop? When on thing contradicts another...it's PIS...but when one thing shows something positive...it's not.

The majority of the time people use that on this site is to discount negative things. Strange that it's so rare for people to use that for the positive.

PIS exists. Jeph Loeb writes books with PIS in it, like Rulk beating able to effortlessly defeat the Silver Surfer. Or Superman being able to defeat Starfire, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, and Martian Manhunter....all by himself when everyone was bloodlusted.

m99

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

I like how you select out only certain questions when you don't have an answer for the rest.

Once again. Explain to me...how Thor was impaled if he has micro second reaction time.

If someone on the battle forums pulls out that Quicksilver feat (Where Thor is hitting the ground) I would respond with the Rhino one which shows Thor not being able to react so a gigantic Rhino.

1. You asked only one question that I responded to, so you're wrong. Thor was impaled because of PIS, writers don't like Thor like he should be written.

2. Again, IN THE SCAN, Thor didn't hit the ground.

m99

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kallarkz

1. Strange how that mysterious typo prevented you from understanding when another individual understood me perfectly. By the way, what exactly in that sentence prevented you from understanding it

2. You messed up. Get over it. You made a section that would describe Thor's durability and strength without Mjolnir when they are the same. There is no way to argue with that. Anyone who reads this can see you made a mistake. Just admit it.

3. In the scan he did hit the ground. That's right in the middle of it.

4. PIS is more like "I don't understand how that happened when that other thing happened" my response would be "Because it's a comic book and not a mathematical equation"

Thor's recent speed feats show him moving slow. If someone can use the QS feat not quite sure why you can discount that Rhino feat.

It's simply ignoring what you want to.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deadcool

@Kallarkz said:

Actually I think that is PIS, because I have seen abother scan that says that Thor reacted "in nanoseconds", it is in the other thread that I posted (I think), but who cares.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kallarkz

@Deadcool said:

@Kallarkz said:

Actually I think that is PIS, because I have seen abother scan that says that Thor reacted "in nanoseconds", it is in the other thread that I posted (I think), but who cares.

was it from the last decade?

By the way when are the PIS meetings held by Marvel? Or is it just something that individuals see themselves and if they don't like it they ignore it. Convenient.

Thor is hitting the ground. You see it and I see it. Stop

Writers give Thor life. They make him who he is. He doesn't exist without them. They determine what he can do and what he can't no matter how much you want it to be different.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deadcool

@majestic99 said:

@Deadcool said:

That's MODERN Thor, these feats include Classic as well(so does my other one).

m99

Actually, that thread also include some scans of the classic thor...

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@RyuHayabusa said:

@Deadcool said:

I agree. There is no need for this thread. There are two or three threads just like it.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deadcool

@Kallarkz said:

was it from the last decade?

No, actually it was a classic Thor pic, I think that back then Thor had better showings

By the way when are the PIS meetings held by Marvel? Or is it just something that individuals see themselves and if they don't like it they ignore it. Convenient.

Is something that everyone decides by their experience or likes, I am deciding it by experience, Rhino is not known for being that fast, there is another scan that says that "Thor is as fast as the lighting he comands" and also he is a level 7 in speed, that is beyong light speed, but who cares.

Thor is hitting the ground. You see it and I see it. Stop

Stop what?

Writers give Thor life. They make him who he is. He doesn't exist without them.

Well, pretty much we all know that.

They determine what he can do and what he can't no matter how much you want it to be different.

For that reason we shoud create standards of what we should accept, for example, I accept a feat only if it happens more than once with at least 3 different writers, all the feats that I post happen at least 3 times, and there is more than just one writer backing that, that is the way that it should work.

If we do what you say then the forums would be a mess, there would not be a reason to post in forums there is a writer that contradicts each other.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Deadcool

@TheGoldenOne said:

I agree. There is no need for this thread. There are two or three threads just like it.

Yeah, I know, when I saw this thread I expected it to be one of those, not a new one.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#33  Edited By SC  Moderator

Why are people bringing up the Rhino thing like it was a bad feat for Thor? Dan Slott has not only gone on the record but has written that small Anya story with Spiderman, both of which he praises Thor as Marvels top/powerful hero character. Not Sentry, Surfer, Hulk. So on. Rhino had an ambiguous power upgrade aka temporary plot device powers. Very typical stuff. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

.@Kallarkz said:

Nobody is untouchable in comics.A character that runs at light speed can be tagged by a street leveler because writers pick and choose when they are going to display speed.It's one of the most undersold powers in comics.Just as a point of reference, DC could show you that Flash is too fast to be tagged by Superman in one comic, and that's how fast they actually mean him to be; but several issues later he could get punched by Green Arrow when he had more than enough time to get out of the way.The issue that actually displays the feat of being untouched by Superman is the actual showing of his speed, the other stuff is just what the writers have to do to make fights interesting between characters that don't match up.I'm not saying that's what happened with Thor i'm saying that most speed showings are actually less consistent than characters being hit or attacked by characters that are factually slower than them.
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By majestic99

@Kallarkz said:

1. Strange how that mysterious typo prevented you from understanding when another individual understood me perfectly. By the way, what exactly in that sentence prevented you from understanding it

2. You messed up. Get over it. You made a section that would describe Thor's durability and strength without Mjolnir when they are the same. There is no way to argue with that. Anyone who reads this can see you made a mistake. Just admit it.

3. In the scan he did hit the ground. That's right in the middle of it.

4. PIS is more like "I don't understand how that happened when that other thing happened" my response would be "Because it's a comic book and not a mathematical equation"

Thor's recent speed feats show him moving slow. If someone can use the QS feat not quite sure why you can discount that Rhino feat.

It's simply ignoring what you want to.

1. It was a typo, can you just type what you meant to say?Jeez, it's not that hard.

2. No I didn't

3. Thor didn't hit the ground

4. No, PIS is PIS, if you don't understand it, that's your fault.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jeanroygrant

@SC said:

Why are people bringing up the Rhino thing like it was a bad feat for Thor? Dan Slott has not only gone on the record but has written that small Anya story with Spiderman, both of which he praises Thor as Marvels top/powerful hero character. Not Sentry, Surfer, Hulk. So on. Rhino had an ambiguous power upgrade aka temporary plot device powers. Very typical stuff.

This and which issue was that?

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deadcool

@jeanroygrant: Amazing Spider-man 648 (I think), here you have the scan anyway...

No Caption Provided
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SC  Moderator
@jeanroygrant:  Let me think.... I am not sure to be honest. It was from about 8 or 9 months ago, in a back up story in Amazing Spider-Man. Circa Big Time arc.  That's where Spider-man talks to Anya that every hero has to deal with the fact that there are more powerful ones out there. Then corrects himself saying Thor doesn't have to deal with that lol (characters words should always be taking with a grain of salt though)  I'll try and remember the issue and PM it to you. 
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jeanroygrant

@SC said:

@jeanroygrant: Let me think.... I am not sure to be honest. It was from about 8 or 9 months ago, in a back up story in Amazing Spider-Man. Circa Big Time arc. That's where Spider-man talks to Anya that every hero has to deal with the fact that there are more powerful ones out there. Then corrects himself saying Thor doesn't have to deal with that lol (characters words should always be taking with a grain of salt though) I'll try and remember the issue and PM it to you.

Are you talking about this? I though you meant something else lol.

@Deadcool: Thanks

Also this is off topic but do you happen to know where this is from.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@majestic99: Thor hit the ground.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

No Caption Provided

Anyone who has actually bothered to read Thor: The Deviants Saga #2 would know that they were fighting in a room where light had been artificially slowed down by one of the Eternals. This is not a reaction feat anyway you cut it.

You haven't actually read any of these, have you?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

What difference does it make?

You claimed it was a feat displaying "reactionary speed in battle". What reactionary speed is this supposed to show?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane:

You still didn't answer my question.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

@CitizenBane:

You still didn't answer my question.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Deadcool
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kallarkz

@SC said:

Most powerful = Fastest?

And this instance was used to show a pattern of late that shows Thor not reacting with micro-second speed reaction.

Plot devices too exist I will admit that. But who decides what is ignored? Does it depend on the event? The scene? The characters?

I have seen too many people use the excuse of PIS on this forum and to be honest it's tiring.

This scene was not to establish Thor's speed rather to reinforce that lately he has not shown any significant speed feats.

I would love for someone to show me some of this decade, while fighting, and of him actually hitting someone. Not the ground.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Kallarkz said:

@SC said:

Most powerful = Fastest?

And this instance was used to show a pattern of late that shows Thor not reacting with micro-second speed reaction.

Plot devices too exist I will admit that. But who decides what is ignored? Does it depend on the event? The scene? The characters?

I have seen too many people use the excuse of PIS on this forum and to be honest it's tiring.

This scene was not to establish Thor's speed rather to reinforce that lately he has not shown any significant speed feats.

I would love for someone to show me some of this decade, while fighting, and of him actually hitting someone. Not the ground.

Something I said = Most Powerful = Fastest?  

I am just addressing a posters comment that this is an example of unfair writing towards Thor. I disagree.  There isn't this huge agenda against Thor and he gets written pretty alright. 

I personally actually vehemently don't use or support or buy the term PIS for any character. Comics are inherently silly and inconsistent. Most characters get their powers, defining characteristics, powers in silly ways aided by the plot, as the plot demands. Most people using "PIS" mean a characters depiction is inconsistent with something they are familiar with or have preference towards because the plot demands it. Then again this is universal and in a shared universe with multiple writers so much of what a character will do will be inconsistent someway and somehow.   
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jeanroygrant
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By majestic99

You said "you haven't actually read any of these" and I asked "what difference does it make?"

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

You said "you haven't actually read any of these" and I asked "what difference does it make?"

The difference it makes is that context is tossed out the window in favor of a misrepresentation of what actually happened.