coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By coolcat4

i am all right with everything and think that it could be very interesting

IFThor loses mjolnir through some trickery or somebody decides to take it from him who has greater power

i would not be ok if he loses it through him doing something or proving unworthy by his own means because how could he after this series he has shown that he is more than worthy he is selfless in the hole series

i was hoping they could do something like Angela is revealed but he is then fighting the angels losing his arm by the somehow and then Odin decides he his unworthy for releasing the evil of the tenth realm (on the cover it shows Odin is back) and cast him of so Thor is trying to become worthy again while someone finds or Angela gets his hammer

I would be completely fine with this then

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOT A BATTLE NOT A BATTLE NOT A BATTLE NOT A BATTLE. NOT A BATTLE.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyz256: i know i just relized it was in battles how do i move it

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently the mods did it for you.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By coolcat4
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: I don't get how ANYONE can even wield it since it's bound to his life force . How can you now be worthy of something you practically one with ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: yeah its just a stupid idea. Jason Aarons current Thor series spent so much time developing Thor into a true hero and putting his pride behind him and being truly worhty and this just takes that all away.

I also hate that another person is being added to the list of people who can lift Thor's hammer... Its not even special anymore

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uugieboogie

@jayc1324: I CAN'T see him being unworthy especially after the events that transpired over that last few issues . All I can see is if maybe he accidents cuts too loose & kills somebody or something in the next issue . Or his new love interest is killed & he killed whoever killed her or just feels bad that he couldn't save her & he feels himself to be unworthy & gives up mjolnir . I can only see him loosing if is if he determines he's not worthy or he gives it up .

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: yeah that would make more sense. Like in the avengers movie where he couldn't lift it after letting Loki desrory the helicarrier and escaping. He's already proved he is worthy, it would only make sense if he didn't believe he was anymore.

Let's just hope Jason Aaron knows this as well

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I just hope they don't try to take away his powers from him

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

i never thought about it in that way. I assume Odin has power over it. but when Odin dies, THOR will have complete power.

hypothetically, if THOR is king, he'd have control if he's worthy or not.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: If your power is just as great as odin's or exceeds it you can lift it without being worthy

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SkyRobo1

I think this is a good idea. People believe that the Hammer makes the god and to be honest they're not wrong, Thor relies too much on the hammer that everyone believes that if he ever loses it in battle he'll totally be useless. So what if Marvel makes a new series for Thor that shows him being able to compete with many heavy hitters even without his precious hammer. Wouldn't that be cool especially feat wise!?

Also in regards to his power if you know Thor and have read his database you'll know that not everything Thor has came from his hammer..His Superhuman abilities, Energy Manipulation, Longevity, Super Breath are all his power whether or not he has Mjolnir..

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrobo1 said:

I think this is a good idea. People believe that the Hammer makes the god and to be honest they're not wrong, Thor relies too much on the hammer that everyone believes that if he ever loses it in battle he'll totally be useless. So what if Marvel makes a new series for Thor that shows him being able to compete with many heavy hitters even without his precious hammer. Wouldn't that be cool especially feat wise!?

Also in regards to his power if you know Thor and have read his database you'll know that not everything Thor has came from his hammer..His Superhuman abilities, Energy Manipulation, Longevity, Super Breath are all his power whether or not he has Mjolnir..

Yeah, i'm piss that Marvel ruin whole characters but maybe, just maybe this is finally Thor's chance to show that he is still bad ass without Mjölnir. That lazy son of a bitch could finally learn to use his powers properly, and maybe learn some new tricks?

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ya i was very upset for a while but then i realized thor could just do some cool things i probably wont read female thor but if it is done right and thor loses or feels he is unworthy for good reasons

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@coolcat4 said:

i am all right with everything and think that it could be very interesting

IFThor loses mjolnir through some trickery or somebody decides to take it from him who has greater power

i would not be ok if he loses it through him doing something or proving unworthy by his own means because how could he after this series he has shown that he is more than worthy he is selfless in the hole series

i was hoping they could do something like Angela is revealed but he is then fighting the angels losing his arm by the somehow and then Odin decides he his unworthy for releasing the evil of the tenth realm (on the cover it shows Odin is back) and cast him of so Thor is trying to become worthy again while someone finds or Angela gets his hammer

I would be completely fine with this then

The key thing to remember is that Odin is the one who decides who is worthy of Thor's hammer and anyone who's been reading Thor knows that Odin is a bit of a dick, so there are any number of reasons for him to decide Thor is unworthy, hell he may not even give a reason. Odin has done crap like this before.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: ya but i would be ok with that its better than thor just losing his worthiness by his actions because i cant see that

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: I'd just love it if they used it to get Real Thor in touch with his birth mom's side of things. See you have new Thor being all occupied with the duties of being Thunder God and then the real Thor has time to meet with Geia, maybe get in touch with his Elder God heritage and gain new power or at least a new power level.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: ya i never thought about that but it would be incredible maybe fight some powerful beings in the process

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: I've always felt like they've had this huge mass of wasted story potential surrounding Thor and Geia. I know they bring it up every now and then but they never do anything with it. And it could go way deeper than just powers, for instance she basically just let Odin take her son to be raised by another woman, Geia could have stopped Odin easily. So they have built in extra dramatic potential.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm pretty ticked off about this whole thing myself

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Marvel having a new prominent powerful female character does not bother me at all. The current run Thor: God of Thunder has been one of my favorite runs on any comic ever and I will admit to not having been the biggest reader of Thor in the past. Thor's' stature as a hero has only been elevated in my eyes and not lowered. What bothers me is there will be some lame contrived event or disaster when suddenly Thor will become unworthy. Marvel is making quite a PR show about having more diversity gender equality. I just see this whole thing as one big PR stunt and depending on how successful this is will determint how long it lasts.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kgb725 said:

@thorson: If your power is just as great as odin's or exceeds it you can lift it without being worthy

it has nothing to do with power. where did you get this from?

Avatar image for captainamerica1986
CaptainAmerica1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mehhh he'll eventually gets the hammer back.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its over done idea we had this story line already he became worthy again. We called that Thor 1.

wow he has saved the universe how many times?

Very bad plot device it just shames him yet again.

How many times does a hero have to fall from grace.

If Spiderman fell from grace any more times he would have a place foot here mark on his back.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the hole thing makes no sense because Odin did away with that at the end of the Thunder Strike series. Nobody should be able to gain the power of Thor any longer. Does anybody read comics.

abe_no_lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok we know at some point according to Thor: God of Thunder he gets the hammer back because he had when he faced gorr in the far future

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

@kgb725 said:

Because beings more powerful than Odin have done this in the past. I believe the Serpent was capable of this actually. The idea is that if you have power greater than Odin's then you are capable of bypassing or overriding his enchantment of the hammer in order to lift it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By arthurkerr

@darkday said:

@thorson said:

@kgb725 said:

Because beings more powerful than Odin have done this in the past. I believe the Serpent was capable of this actually. The idea is that if you have power greater than Odin's then you are capable of bypassing or overriding his enchantment of the hammer in order to lift it.

I just do not like the fact that Odin did away with the enchantment and suddenly its back somehow. I do like the fact that it was made in the heart of a dying star and could be to heavy for anybody to lift other then Thor and that would be nice. So if you cannot press over 200 thousand tons or more do not even attempt lifting Mjolnir it would not work.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The idea of Thor becoming unworthy is ridiculous.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let alone from a dirty little secret whispered into his ear by Nick Fury.

We've had five decades of stories proving Thor's worthiness. If he were to do something unimaginable or despicable to precipitate his unworthiness I could see it, but this entire concept that the Marvel brass have dreamed up is rather childish.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I think it's an interesting move, it's a chance to see what Thor can do without a weapon that's more of a plot swiss army knife.

In regards to the 'bound to his lifeforce' topic, if I am not mistaken, that is something that only comes into play if Mjolnir is seriously damaged (as it was when killing Bor). The hammer is not bound to Thor in the sense that his life depends on its presence (otherwise he would never be able to put it down or throw it).

Might I ask why it's ridiculous? In the past Thor was after all enough of a prick Odin thought the enchantment was needed to set him back on the right path.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's an interesting move, it's a chance to see what Thor can do without a weapon that's more of a plot swiss army knife.

In regards to the 'bound to his lifeforce' topic, if I am not mistaken, that is something that only comes into play if Mjolnir is seriously damaged (as it was when killing Bor). The hammer is not bound to Thor in the sense that his life depends on its presence (otherwise he would never be able to put it down or throw it).

@powerherc said:

Might I ask why it's ridiculous? In the past Thor was after all enough of a prick Odin thought the enchantment was needed to set him back on the right path.

funny that he would trust his life in the hands of somebody else. If something happens to the hammer he could die. That is pretty bad. Odin removed the enchantment that gave away the power of Thor after the Eric saga he ;promised never again.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

funny that he would trust his life in the hands of somebody else. If something happens to the hammer he could die. That is pretty bad. Odin removed the enchantment that gave away the power of Thor after the Eric saga he ;promised never again.

I'd have to say that atm, he doesn't really have any options. Either Mjolnir is going to be stuck on the moon where anything could happen to it, Cap or Herc is going to take it with them and store it somewhere or someone is going to wield it being just as risky as it is when Thor wields it.

If that is the case... well it's not the first time marvel has done an unannounced recon (see the difference between JMS' Odin and Fraction's). Also there is the option that the All-Mothers have a hand in this, re-powering either the enchantment or copying it before handing it off to whoever the woman is or leaving it for her to find.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well we seen unworthy Thor already why the recap of a old story and the pass it on to Eric and nobody liked that as well.

I mean this is not a new idea people did not like it before.

Only this time they want to give his name away.

Captain America lifted his hammer in the past I do not see why he could not lift it again.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

I'd have to say that atm, he doesn't really have any options. Either Mjolnir is going to be stuck on the moon where anything could happen to it, Cap or Herc is going to take it with them and store it somewhere or someone is going to wield it being just as risky as it is when Thor wields it.

If that is the case... well it's not the first time marvel has done an unannounced recon (see the difference between JMS' Odin and Fraction's). Also there is the option that the All-Mothers have a hand in this, re-powering either the enchantment or copying it before handing it off to whoever the woman is or leaving it for her to find.

its not the same risking your own life as opposed to somebody else risking your life

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Maybe not. But still, Thor has little choice in the matter and lets not forget that Mjolnir is extremely durable, possibly one of the most durable items in the MU. And I wouldn't consider it part of Thor's nature to go around and worry about his health and safety.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Maybe not. But still, Thor has little choice in the matter and lets not forget that Mjolnir is extremely durable, possibly one of the most durable items in the MU. And I wouldn't consider it part of Thor's nature to go around and worry about his health and safety.

not the same when mutants can tear apart things atom by atom and put them back together when ever they want.

A weapon should never make the hero a hero makes the weapon.

That is why Thor trumps Female Thor without the hammer he still holds the power of Thor because he is Thor.

Then again if they wanted Thor trashed by a purple purse using Telatubby it would happen.

Hold my purse he would scream nobody comes into my house without a hall pass. ( Thor gets a beat down by purple Tellatubby. Hey look how easy that was , Then the Tellatubba is worthy and picks up the hammer and uses it to fight crime and we call it Thor not purple anything.

Because you destroy Thor saying anybody worthy is Thor like enough worthy people around and you have 200 or more of Thor. Where is anything unique about our hero when you can mass produce him or her or it?

Making Thor one stop away from Sentry (boring character)

Then again maybe that was what Marvel was aiming for all along.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not the same when mutants can tear apart things atom by atom and put them back together when ever they want.

That is why Thor trumps Female Thor without the hammer he still holds the power of Thor because he is Thor.

It's not like Thor ever run into those outside events, so I doubt that's going to be an issue.

Which is largely the big problem with Thor. What is he when you take away his hammer?

Depends on what Thor is like after whatever it was Fury told him. Also depends on who she is, no telling yet if she is a nobody (someone we have never met) or a somebody (an existing character).

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

It's not like Thor ever run into those outside events, so I doubt that's going to be an issue.

Which is largely the big problem with Thor. What is he when you take away his hammer?

Depends on what Thor is like after whatever it was Fury told him. Also depends on who she is, no telling yet if she is a nobody (someone we have never met) or a somebody (an existing character).

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thor without his hammer is a god that can control the weather , he is strong , fast , he has weathered time itself and walked on the shores of oceans and seen things few others have seen. Thor without his hammer is so much more but you need a imagination to see it.

Does this mean I want him without his hammer because he can use a sword , or know how to fight with his hands or cast spells or any other number of things.

No.

Because Thor and his hammer are like a cheeseburger and cheese they just go together.

Like hot wings and beer or pizza and pepperoni.

It is not about how strong Thor is but his team.

Myth made this work not marvel.

Mythology forged a support group of characters long ago and they weathered time and space and we get to read about them.

Thor is nowhere near a one dimensional character he has many features that will amaze and many support characters that can keep the show going even without all the other heroes of marvel.

The queston is.

Does the writer have any skill to bring these things out. Can they make Odin come to life as more then just a old father figure sitting on a throne , can they give any character , character. Like those that sit above and rule.

Like the well of knowledge ( I liked one story I read where somebody had the same idea only the well lied lol)

They seen a future that was all a lie.

Thus making the hero have to figure out what was truth and what was not. He became a puppet to a lie.

One reason you look and say the universe is filled with tricks.

Everybody wants Thor to act like some 20 year old kid , no wisdom , nothing learned from life and being so old but not old just looking it.

Highlander touches on the idea but does not use it.

Life to Thor or Odin or Loki or any being would be seen so much more different and they talk about it in the movies.

When Thor says something about how short we live.

Thor and the universe.

To many stories that would be really nice to read that will never come to pass.

Sad really that the writers do not see the potential.

s

KeliaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

first off, thor is thor whether he has the hammer or not. i rmember a friend who was a big thor fan from way back going on and on back in the day about how thor is more than just his hammer and it has been proved that he was capable of manipulating the storm even when it was sheared in two by the destroyers disintegrator beam back when thor was wear his weird 90s style costume and was hanging around with the high evolutionary after having turned his back on odin and asgard. he summoned the storm and called the lightning to him to fuse the two pieces of the hammer back together but the hammer was powerless before he did so, which means that thor has power over the storm even without it. maybe the hammer is just a convenience, allowing him to summon the power with but a thought rather than chanting or calling to it like casting a spell. but the point is, even without the hammer, he is a warrior god who has fought the hulk one-on-one without the hammer, can manipulate the weather, and is still an immortal of asgard.

so who is this woman committing identity theft just because she can pick up the hammer? because that is what she is doing by claiming his name as well as his hammer. she somehow stole the power and carries it around like his divine id card proving that she is thor even though anyone who knows him can just look at her and say, i know thor and you arent him.

plus as has been pointed out, the worthiness issue shouldnt even be a thing since odin promised that wouldnt happen anymore. guess he lied and we all are supposed to chalk that up to men lie and women deserve to take all their stuff and be better with it. i like the new diversity agenda at marvel, but this one really does go too far. hope it ends soon and they bring back fearless defenders.

Avatar image for lazaroesparza46
lazaroesparza46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read the comic. At the end, Freya changed the inscription on the hammer with her majic and then lifted mjolnir!

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read the comic. At the end, Freya changed the inscription on the hammer with her majic and then lifted mjolnir!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh toooooooooooootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll nooooooooooooooonsennnnnnnnnnnnnnnseeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnsssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Cream_God

@lazaroesparza46 said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh toooooooooooootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll nooooooooooooooonsennnnnnnnnnnnnnnseeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnsssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

:/ ya.........................