'There was only one choice for Fem-Thor' IGN Interview

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Aaron also admitted he deliberately poked the bear in his infamously aggravating Absorbing Man/Titania vs Thordis segment of Thor #5, which I find is very disrespectful conduct for a writer to act towards the Thor fanbase.

Source: IGN Comics

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Asgaard

I decided not read anything that Aaron can write in the future long time ago, but this interview only confirmed his disrespect for Thor Odinson fan base, don't believe that still are people that doubt this proven fact, also good to know that he is proud how Titania quit on crime because Thordis is female, just proves the level of his current writing, now that Angela AA is over (was awesome) and Loki's book sucks since the last 2/3 issues, the reading about Gods in Marvel is over...

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

After I found out who she was, my first thought was: I could so see DC doing this for a certain character who needs to be injected into every story for no real reason.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising. The bigwigs at both of the Big 2 sure know how to troll the fan base.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

I decided not read anything that Aaron can write in the future long time ago, but this interview only confirmed his disrespect for Thor Odinson fan base, don't believe that still are people that doubt this proven fact, also good to know that he is proud of Titania quit on crime because Thordis is female, shows the level of his current writing, now that Angela AA is over (was awesome) and Loki's book sucks since the last 2/3 issues, the reading about Gods in Marvel is over...

Same thing I was thinking. It was so blatantly obvious he was attacking Thor fans who took issue with the Thordis arc, yet some people either couldn't or refused to see it, saying everyone was overreacting and reading too much into what was written. But there it is in Aaron's own words, confirming he was being a d!ck and using the comic to do so.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing a picture of Aaron I am convinced that he like all other male feminists only act that way because they so desperate to meet woman that they feel championing women's causes will get women to like them no matter how unappealing they may be. No offense to other overweight bald guys with big beards, not all of you pander to feminists, but those that do only do so in the hopes it will get them female attention.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Femthor

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing a picture of Aaron I am convinced that he like all other male feminists only act that way because they so desperate to meet woman that they feel championing women's causes will get women to like them no matter how unappealing they may be. No offense to other overweight bald guys with big beards, not all of you pander to feminists, but those that do only do so in the hopes it will get them female attention.

Funny, I thought that about Aaron before I knew what he looked like. lol!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@antithetical: It's sad he thinks his abominable Absorbing Man/Titania scene was a valid representation of the criticism towards Fem-Thor in the slightest and only highlights how ignorant he is of the issues at hand. But then again Marvel's become more alienated, if not uncaring towards their fanbase for some time. Breevoort's even admitted on Forumspring that all of Marvel's gimmicks are done purposefully for the sake of attracting attention rather than focus on meaningful and progressive character stories.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything Jason Aaron said in that interview describes how crappy his writing is right now. He's changing stuff for the sake of changing things up. There's no heart or love for Thor behind this story. He can't honestly say he's not part of the feminist cabal with this series, after what happened with Titania. There's a big difference between writing an unworthy Thor story and what he's doing now. He's making another person out to be the actual Thor, hasn't actually given us a reason thor is unworthy, and has dismantled longstanding thor establishments, like Odins control of the hammer, Thor's connection to the hammer with his life force in it, continuing this All-Mother thing, writing Odin as a villain, etc... Aaron says that he gave Jane new powers with the hammer to make things different, but that doesn't explain Thor saying that she is the person who wielded the hammer best, and giving up his name.

I'm not happy he says he plans on staying with thor for a long time, after destroying him so much in just 8 issues. Unless Thor is alive again when this series picks back up and we start to get some answers (the whisper and the enchantment being screwy all of a sudden), I will not be touching this book again. Its good that marvel admits how they just write gimmicks and don't care about characters anymore.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Aaron ought to be ashamed of himself. The fact he still misunderstands where the gripe many have with his recent writing is coming from is truly astonishing.