(Spoilers) The fate of Old King Thor

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

He's alive and well fellow OK Thor fans. Turns out he is the heard of the Thor Core.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like i always said...

"if ultimate Thor and BRB are detectives, Old King Thor will be ranked above them"...

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@asgaard: Yea you were right but it does leave the question to where the young/normal Thor is if he is even in the battleworld

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Yea you were right but it does leave the question to where the young/normal Thor is if he is even in the battleworld

Like i said in other threads he is better dead than constantly butchered...But Aaron will dismantle him as long as he can...

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't they making thors dime a dozen and powerful as a piece a poo

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And for anyone that read it. I saw a panel of a 40s gangster ghost rider shooting at fem thor and some other of the thors corps. What happened after that?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@coolcat4: I thought that but his hair looks a bit red so not sure if it definitely is, it could be though he does have the axe and that cloak thing he's been wearing although his was red not brown.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Asgaard

@coolcat4:

Not that i would be surprised if Aaron and current marvel editorial didn't acknowledged New Avengers issue #32 events, but there Thor lost his black Uru arm and become worthy again, and as far as i know without read anything about Secret Wars the battleworld was created by Doom so (all) this spin off happens inside Doom's creation and Thor apparently died outside of Doom's creation, obviously that the Beyonders that operate outside of Doom's creation will appear again in the Secret Wars story line because New Avengers Issue #32 also established that Abyss, Ex Nilhilo and Ex Nilhilii apparently "hacked" one Beyonder, so only with the Vine context about Secret Wars i think that the character in that panel is an alternate version of unworthy Thor, like i said multiple times Thor is better dead than constantly butchered, but i never believed that he died in the battle with the Beyonders and if he is alive he is outside of Doom's creation, Jonathan Hickman can bring him back with the Beyonders that certainly will have a key role in the end of Secret Wars, but honestly and since Aaron doesn't have plans for Thor (the whisper has almost 1 year and nothing came from that plot device) he should not come back after Secret Wars... We should wait for the end of Thordis story that isn't about Asgard and perhaps a new writer can replace Aaron...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:
No Caption Provided

@thorthunder98: He was in the issue for 1 panel.

If that is the 616 Thor then it's yet another slap in the face. Hopefully, as @asgaard said, he's just some random alternate universe unworthy Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical said:

If that is the 616 Thor then it's yet another slap in the face. Hopefully, as @asgaard said, he's just some random alternate universe unworthy Thor.

Apparently the panel has no real purpose and was unnecessary but it's Aaron the writer, so the dismantle of the son of Odin (even if it's an alternate unworthy Thor) is just natural...

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:i doubt it is an alternate version of him. why else would they even show that scene if it wasnt him. Also he has the metal arm and Aaron said that ever thor imaginable would be in it. That was hisanswer to an interview question asking if 616 would be in it.

@thorthunder98:i think his hair looks red from the back light of the bar.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Asgaard

@coolcat4:

What about New Avengers issue 32 events? Thought you didn't believe Thor was dead?!

I can ask you a similar question why that version that look like Old King Thor also appeared in Secret Wars issue #2?

The back light of the bar doesn't seem to change the blonde hair of the Doom Thor...

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: i dont believe that he died. and his hair did change a little. But what Aaron does We cant try to understand his thinking. He makes no sense so his story wont either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Jason Aaron seriously just have Thor say that unworthiness is freedom? So Thor doesn't even care that he's unworthy anymore and he was a slave to Mjolnir all this time? I was happy Thor wasn't part of this odd police story but I guess Jason Aaron had to slip in something dumb about him anyway.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: its not 616-Thor its a differnt Thor, also I'm pretty sure that all those mjolnirs where created by doom.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@antithetical said:

Apparently the panel has no real purpose and was unnecessary but it's Aaron the writer, so the dismantle of the son of Odin (even if it's an alternate unworthy Thor) is just natural...

No purpose other than to take another jab at all the classic Thor fans out there.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus what an idiotic concept. Just looking at that panel confirms that the big-wigs at Marvel are truly morons.

"Hey, even though the Thor concept is steeped in mystical and cosmic history, let's write a humanized murder/mystery story using a bunch of different Thors, lulz!!"

Wake me up when a respectable writer gets a hold of Thor and editorial gets the F out of the way.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Asgaard

@antithetical said:
@asgaard said:

@antithetical said:

No purpose other than to take another jab at all the classic Thor fans out there.

Obviously that Aaron didn't like that the majority of Thor fan base that was so linked with him after TGOT, rejected his current work, at this point he knows that link will never be restored again, so why not continue what he has been doing?

In his interviews he always feels the necessity to mention the new readers to try validate and support his current interpretation of the character, but the pr sales will not last forever and since he knows that in the end of his writing on Thor he will never be compared again to Strazinsky, Jurgens or Simonson, why not antagonize again and again the people that in the future will remember the current writing as really bad and not about Thor and Gods?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: the panel wasn't a jab at fans, Thor issue 5 was a jab at fans. That panel is just a Thor who isn't worthy and saying that doom is a liar and a tyrant. In SW issue 2 it's even said that there is a resistance to doom so it stands to reason that there might be one or two thors that are with the resistance.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

I specifically said antagonize... I agree with your interpretation of who can be that character in that panel, but Independently of Secret Wars current plot, (that i only have the previews notion), Aaron after 1 year didn't build anything around Thor unworthiness, (unlike Jonathan Hickman) and if most of the character fan base thinks that the whisper was just a tool to allow the new creative decisions why mention the consequences again and again with a character to similar to the original Thor (when unworthy)? Why not acknowledge New Avengers developments/events and tell his Thors story without direct or indirect references to the son of Odin?

I m like anyone else (fan boy) but i can criticize any writer, recently Al Ewing writing is just mediocre and a wrong interpretation about any God and i criticized him just like Aaron, and i also stop reading what he is currently writing...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@antithetical: dude I think your looking a bit to far into it

well, from my point of view he's portrayed as the pathetic loser who desperately wants to be part of the exclusive club but since he can't resorts to ranting about how everyone who's a member of said club are brainwashed sheeple and that he never really wanted to be part of their stupid club anyway. it may only be one panel, but I don't think that's reading too much into it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

YaY for King Thor. And boo at Odin son's dialogue

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, at least OKT is a o.k. \m/

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

Don't have to. As a concept it sucks, IMO. Thor is a unique, special character and bloating the character's brand with a bunch of different hammer-wielders and making them into a "police force" is one of the worst ideas in the long, sad history of bad ideas. I'm currently not reading any comics anymore because superhero storytelling has essentially died a while back and has been replaced with...something worse, however I don't want to discourage anyone else's feelings toward anything so I'll disappear from this topic.

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt that was 616 Thor it was said in Thors #1 if Doom gets involved he strips Thors of their hammers so maybe that was a Thor that Doomed depromoted plus doesn't Jane Thor still have the 616 Mjolnir?