Speculations on the future of the Thor comic ?

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Allaric

1) Thor will be a female for the foreseeable future.

2) Mjolnir is changed so ANYONE worthy can be "Thor". Since the Hammer determines who is "Thor" Marvel could rotate out different characters as "Thor" after a while you will have the "Hall of Thor's" with all the past wielders of Mjolnir.

3) Original Thor (aka Borg-Thor) is forever scarred/marked, his missing arm a constant reminder of his past failure.

4) Borg-Thor's new mechanical/mystical arm will be his Achilles heel , vulnerable to damage , tinkering , hacking , stolen , hijacked/controlled , or lost.

5) Who's the better "Thor" as previous wielders fight over Mjolnir , arguing who has the right or has more justification to wield the Hammer. Out of ideas for a new "Thor" comic just write an incredibly dumb saga of past "Thor's" fighting over Mjolnir.

6) Loki will likely be "Thor" at some possible future. (that's seriously f&cked up).

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It will prevail. The comic, that is.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don`t want to live anymore.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

I don`t want to live anymore.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the worst thing they've done is turn the name "Thor" into a mantle. Nice way to take their best and (perhaps) their most beloved solo series (critically speaking) and literally demolish the character all for an attempt to appeal to a female audience. They could've just really pushed Angela and make her an integral part of the Asgardian mythos instead of pulling this crap.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for starters if this was the case then it would say to any fan of comics.

Thor , Rogue , Wolverine and even Zeltic the awesome tiny elemental with a heart of gold.

That there is no stability in your characters.

That they could change in a instant.

Where is the fun in that.

Is this not the true message , that Aquaman could one day wake up and be a skrull or Superman could wake up and find himself a girl scout and hell she only has days to get her cookies sold.

No longer about Male or female fans know its about the kids and the children we do not want to scar the minds of young adults. Violence is not to be seen. Lets just make movies and shows about purple purses and green frogs.

This is after all Disney and what target group are they going for?

Not the female that is out with all her friends but the one single mom saying hey kids lets go see a movie.

Then she does and when she gets there the Hulk is smashing Loki and she covers her kids eyes and screams no.

Then she runs to the computer and types up a nasty email and sends it to Disney and says.

If you want my business in the future you will not be so mean to one another I had children with me. Is not a comic for kids after all?

Why does this Thor Women have a hammer is she not playing nice give her a wand or something wow really hammers smash heads and I do not want my little princess thinking she can smash her brothers head with a hammer.

Etc etc etc.

before you know it Thor no longer has a hammer he has a pink wand , Wolverine no longer has claws he has feathers and wears pink slippers and Professor Charles a powerful mutant that can read minds only can read headlines and name tags.

Once we start changing for groups of readers why stop.

Just keep the changes coming.

Then they ignore the women whom really do like Thor as is , they read Thor and like Thor.

so why start this horrible ball rolling and keep the pink slippers off our Thor and bunny slippers off Rogue and simply say. We like Thor to stay male.

If his daughter at some point wants to use a hammer or Jane wants to use a hammer. I am sure they can make that happen. Just make her one. Give her a book and let readers decide if they want to walk that path or follow that character.

Why insult and change a current one that is well loved as is.

Food for thought.

However Pink Hulk who does not smash and cries allot I need a dieper change could be funny.

ok I take that back.

No not funny lol

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Food for thought you do not see anybody running around with Odin's spear. Odin likes to keep that to himself.

Would be funny however if they tossed Odin down to earth and said Hey grow up some and when you do , you get your spear back. Oh and poof your a women. lol ok I take that back not to funny.

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the worst thing they've done is turn the name "Thor" into a mantle. Nice way to take their best and (perhaps) their most beloved solo series (critically speaking) and literally demolish the character all for an attempt to appeal to a female audience. They could've just really pushed Angela and make her an integral part of the Asgardian mythos instead of pulling this crap.

Yep , and if you think about it even if the new Thorina gives up Mjolnir it wouldn't necessarily go right back to Thor. This could be a new way for Marvel to spot light different characters in the Marvel universe every year using Mjolnir in the Thor comic. Something like other comic heroes where they pass the mantle to a new characters after a year or more, so then its all about Mjolnir and it's next new wielder or next new Thor-person. LOL

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allaric said:

@haveatthee said:

Yep , and if you think about it even if the new Thorina gives up Mjolnir it wouldn't necessarily go right back to Thor. This could be a new way for Marvel to spot light different characters in the Marvel universe every year using Mjolnir in the Thor comic. Something like other comic heroes where they pass the mantle to a new characters after a year or more, so then its all about Mjolnir and it's next new wielder or next new Thor-person. LOL

Yes this is the true part of the horror story one where Thor is trashed time and time again.

Let us hope not

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of that sounds horrible. And his metal arm just armor or does he actually lake his arm now? I've heard some people say its just armor

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonnytheWolf

Everything you mentioned sounds terrible.

Turn Thor into a mantle... This is how people ruin characters. Thor was never meant to be a mantle, it's that obvious, he was born Thor, it's who he is. The comic will go on sure, but it's pretty much ruined or tainted for a very long time. I actually hope they lose a ton readership.

To me, these lame tactics are just as bad as renumbering your books to try and get that extra bump in books sold. And what ultimately happens? You get that initial bump but then it tapers off and you actually lose readers in the long run.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything you mentioned sounds terrible.

Turn Thor into a mantle... This is how people ruin characters. Thor was never meant to be a mantle, it's that obvious, he was born Thor, it's who he is. The comic will go on sure, but it's pretty much ruined or tainted for a very long time. I actually hope they lose a ton readership.

To me, these lame tactics are just as bad as renumbering your books to try and get that extra bump in books sold. And what ultimately happens? You get that initial bump but then it tapers off and you actually lose readers in the long run.

I agree this is horrible bad. They could have done it any number of ways and not another unworthy story arc.

The movies just did the unworthy story it just sounds like they cut open a fresh wound and called it new. Not even giving the scar time to be forgotten.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor becoming a mantle is just weird. I don't mind the whole arc of him not being worthy but really turning whoever uses it to Thor is something else. They could at least let the new user keep her name or get a new code name or something.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By phisigmatau
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Thor comic will soon flounder with Thor as a woman but eventually the one, true Thor will return to his own comic, albeit an obvious "instant" collector's item, with yet another reboot. The true Thor fans will never forget what has been done to Thor, though.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By phisigmatau

@powerherc said:

The Thor comic will soon flounder with Thor as a woman but eventually the one, true Thor will return to his own comic, albeit an obvious "instant" collector's item, with yet another reboot. The true Thor fans will never forget what has been done to Thor, though.

true but Thor's been dragged in the mud for so long this is kinda like another thign to add to a LOONGG laundry list of crapola

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Thor title won't last a year, its sales will drop 50 to 75 percent after the initial 3 issues, marvel will be forced to either kill off Thorcuny or have Odin make her a new hammer and we will see her as often as beta ray bill. Im leading to the former, having thorcuny die while saving the world or something sily to save face, and reboot Thor back to his former glory within the next 2-3.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@powerherc said:

true but Thor's been dragged in the mud for so long this is kinda like another thign to add to a LOONGG laundry list of crapola

Yes it is.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they will bury THOR even deeper.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Judging from the list there, I'd say Thor Odinson is pretty much f**ked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When's the last time we have seen beta ray bill?? She Thor will end up like that.