Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@mikex20 said:

@joshmightbe said:

@mikex20 said:

He hits people with a magic hammer, really hard.

Long, luxurious, blonde hair.

Lightning.

He's soooooo dreamy.

He's rich.

Thursday is named for him.

Hey, not even Superman can claim they named a week day after him. Tho I do firmly believe that people would like Mondays a lot more if it was Supermanday. Tho some would complain that the day was over powered.

Superman would prefer Sunday. He can rest, and absorb excess solar radiation.

This is true, but he's a nice guy who would be glad to sacrifice a day of rest to make people more happy at the start of the week.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

because Thor's the man.

Seriously, though, I'd have to say reading Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder should give you all the answers you need. So if you aren't reading it, now is the time to start.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@herokiller12344: Lvenger did a pretty good sum-up of solid recommendations, though I'd like to add the Straczynksi and Simonson runs on the character, both are solid interpretations packed with excellent stories, and they're pretty easy to collect if you can afford it.

If you can't afford, or simply don't have time for, that kind of backreading, then I would suggest you just jump into the Marvel NOW series, its been pretty consistently awesome.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@thorson: How come everyone that doesn't have the same amount of Thor fanboyism as you is automatically classified as an ignorant Batman fan?

he is a troll bud, leave him be.

calling me a troll just because i don;t like batman? WOW! human these days.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: from what your telling me here...thorson is a giant TROLL!!!

THOR would be a ashamed *shakes head*

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@thorson: No, he's calling you a troll because you actively hate on Batman in nearly every thread you're in for absolutely no logical reason. I don't really like Spider-Man, but that doesn't mean that I will always talk about how much Spider-Man and his fans suck constantly.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@imagineman16: Damn how could I forget the Simonson run? That's practically quintessential Thor reading material.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's taken me years to come around to Thor. I guess it was the JMS series that really did it. Since then I've read the Simonson stuff and I'm currently in love with Jason Aaron's run. Top that off with two good movies and I can't argue that Thor's not the bee's knees.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@thorson said:

@mitran said:

I haven't read enough of Thor to comment. Always seemed like a boring character to me.

and you roam the THOR section because?

I'm trying to figure out why people like THOR.

@thorson said:

@mitran said:

I haven't read enough of Thor to comment. Always seemed like a boring character to me.

as i said, not a good mix.

Only because Batman.

well, since you can't figure it out, why not find the exit sign and get out? just a suggestion.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By THORSON

@thorson: No, he's calling you a troll because you actively hate on Batman in nearly every thread you're in for absolutely no logical reason. I don't really like Spider-Man, but that doesn't mean that I will always talk about how much Spider-Man and his fans suck constantly.

Well for one this is an opinion site. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with just stating a characters name in my responses from time to time. But who cares it a hate on a FICTIONAL character...

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has a cool accent

BallPointHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BallPointHero

@mikex20 said:

Long, luxurious, blonde hair.

He's soooooo dreamy.

Those piercing blue eyes ;D
Those piercing blue eyes ;D

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MideonNViscera

I like Thor the same way I like Dr. Strange, Namor, Fantastic Four, and many others. They're great parts of the MU, but they rarely interest me on their own.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson:

man really? did you not see the part that claims you called all batman fans losers?

Avatar image for deactivated-62ebbfeacd7a7
deactivated-62ebbfeacd7a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAMMER

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See Insted of asking why don't you just go read a Thor book and find out.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badass.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

@thorson: Here you claim that if anyone prefers MoS over Thor 2 is a Batman fanboy.

For some reason I find this hilarious.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

@thorson said:

@tomlikesfries said:

@thorson: Here you claim that if anyone prefers MoS over Thor 2 is a Batman fanboy.

umm...what?

I personally think it's pretty funny seeing you call the other guy a Batman fanboy for preferring a Superman film over a Thor one. But that's just me...

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Experio

The will and care he has for mortals is why I like him, and the fact that he has all that power and being the son of Odin but still remains a steady guy having normal conversations with people as if he were one of them, leaving Asgard to be on a team (Avengers - that his not even leading) while on Earth is a great contribution, unlike most Gods who consider them above Earthlings cause of their status (looking at you Loki). I enjoy his battles, I like to observe his friendship even more.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The only times you see Hulk smiling is if his about to smash or shaking hands with Thor xD

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

@tomlikesfries said:

umm...what?

I personally think it's pretty funny seeing you call the other guy a Batman fanboy for preferring a Superman film over a Thor one. But that's just me...

i didn't say that. but nice try.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mjolnir.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why are you still on my case? you follow me all the way into my section just to heckle me. This is ridiculous and i didn't even do anything that would offend any sane person.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tigerkaya

His character, his world, and his adventures have a really big, epic, powerful feel. His mythology and supporting cast are interesting and unique, his powers are cool, his dialogue is always fun... and one of the coolest things about Thor is that he can be used to tell pretty much any kind of story. He blends sci-fi, fantasy, and superhero genres into a seamless mix that no other character really pulls off.

@lvenger said:

The thing I love most about him is his character and personality. He's honourable and ever willing to give his all in protecting the Nine Realms and its denizens. He's exceptionally kind, noble, compassionate and gentle yet a fierce dedicated warrior too. He also has a touch of cockiness and haughtiness which makes him a humorous god as well. Not to mention that thematically, Thor is the bridge between the classic mythology of the tales of heroes and villains that guide modern day comics.

Very much both these comments. All the things I love about reading Thor and his mythos in Marvel.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: The Thor board isn't "your section." Any member is able to go to any board they want. I'm not specifically going on the Thor board to "heckle you." I'm going to the Thor board to post. It's what the entire forum is about. The moment you stop spamming about Batman-hate is the moment people stop pointing it out.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By THORSON

@thorson: The Thor board isn't "your section." Any member is able to go to any board they want. I'm not specifically going on the Thor board to "heckle you." I'm going to the Thor board to post. It's what the entire forum is about. The moment you stop spamming about Batman-hate is the moment people stop pointing it out.

well all i see you doing here is spamming against me. I haven't even said anything about "batman" in like 2 weeks. HOw would you know if your only in this section nagging me.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: if you think that the only posts I make on the Thor board are to spam you, you're just plain paranoid. I'm done with this conversation.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I prefer the Thor from myth actually (same with all the characters that Marvel has reinvented).

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: if you think that the only posts I make on the Thor board are to spam you, you're just plain paranoid. I'm done with this conversation.

bye.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like how he is super strong and unlike super man he actually has some weaknesses like if someone disables him from getting back his hammer or if odin is in danger ... and there are no limits to what his hammer can do and for g rated cartoons its hard to really get the full use of other weapons like scar's sword , wolverine's claw's, a axe , spear or even a gun ... when you watch thor he can hit his enemies at full force and we dont have to worry about the cartoonist & writer holding back when he does it bc usually hammers dont make people bleed but they give u a nasty welt

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is amazing.

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could have totally just explain why I like Thor on a personal level, but "Read Thor God of Thunder" is pretty much the way to go... Everything I like about Thor is there...

He's tough both physically and mentally, he's as powerful as the Silver Surfer, and he's a strong as the Hulk.

He's Marvel's Superman, but with a slightly edgier personality