• 86 results
#1 Posted by Herokiller12344 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

About 30 minutes ago I realized something: Thor is one of the most popular Marvel characters, and I've never really understood why. People of Comicvine, what is the appeal of Mighty Thor so that I may join the club?

#2 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Cuz he has a cool accent.

#3 Posted by frozenedge (929 posts) - - Show Bio

Go read Thor: God of Thunder

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (26686 posts) - - Show Bio

This. Thor is a badass.

#5 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

This. Thor is a badass.

There is no excuse for not owning this series.

#6 Edited by Wolverine08 (26686 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08 said:

@frozenedge said:

This. Thor is a badass.

There is no excuse for not owning this series.

Damn straight.

#7 Edited by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

He hits people with a magic hammer, really hard.

Long, luxurious, blonde hair.

Lightning.

He's soooooo dreamy.

He's rich.

Thursday is named for him.

#8 Posted by youmessinwithme (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause he's awesome. His dialogue is awesome it's so different from what you'll find in other comics and the epic feel of his comics. he's a warrior and a bad@$$ and his comics are more like an epic space odyssey. but i'm a huge fan some of his comics really give me chills.

#9 Posted by bgibs13390 (779 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he is a Badass with a huge hammer.

#10 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause he's awesome. His dialogue is awesome it's so different from what you'll find in other comics and the epic feel of his comics. he's a warrior and a bad@$$ and his comics are more like an epic space odyssey. but i'm a huge fan some of his comics really give me chills.

what are some thor comics you would suggest?

post 90s only please

#11 Edited by bgibs13390 (779 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Marvel Now: Thor God of Thunder is amazing you need to read it. Other than that the Ragnorok and King Thor story lines are really good.

#12 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Marvel Now: Thor God of Thunder is amazing you need to read it. Other than that the Ragnorok and King Thor story lines are really good.

ive been followoing the marvel now thor since issue 1 lol. ill give the other ones a try

#13 Edited by youmessinwithme (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Read the Ragnarok arc, read his return in his own series, I cannot remember the name of the arc with the designate and Thanos but someone posted a scan from it already it was amazing, and the God Butcher and Godbomb arcs are awesome and from this year. everything from the mighty Thor series was good too and it's a short series. and read the Thor focused issues from chaos wars.

I enjoyed reading the reigning but it's different from most Thor and his characterization is off.

#14 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4686 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's tight like a tiger.

#15 Posted by KingSolomon (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Who better to bring the hammer down than thor!

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27381 posts) - - Show Bio

If you spoke to his fans on the Vine you'd think they only love him for his feats.

#17 Posted by HumanRocket (4867 posts) - - Show Bio

Because his badass.

#18 Posted by youmessinwithme (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

interesting that no one here other than you mentioned that....

#19 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (852 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause Thor is ... Thor

#20 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27381 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

Well if you have a look through the Thor forum 90% of the threads are users crying about Thor losing fights/not having better feats.

#21 Posted by Spideysense44 (1677 posts) - - Show Bio

No the question is why dont they

#22 Posted by Herokiller12344 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme: Of course they wouldn't. You guys are fans, fans don't normally speak of themselves in the third person. Well unless you're Doom fans.

#23 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15787 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't.... yet.....

#24 Edited by Strongarm (5523 posts) - - Show Bio

Myth is awesome, and If I had been borne in another era as a norse I would choose that religion in a heartbeat

#25 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

Inb4 THORSON calls everyone Batman fanboys.

#26 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6319 posts) - - Show Bio

hes alright to a degree

#27 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

a batman fan in a THOR forum....not a good mix.

#28 Posted by Mitrageist (7179 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Mitrageist (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read enough of Thor to comment. Always seemed like a boring character to me.

#30 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

I haven't read enough of Thor to comment. Always seemed like a boring character to me.

and you roam the THOR section because?

#31 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

as i said, not a good mix.

#32 Posted by kingofthunder247 (87 posts) - - Show Bio

because he is strong and arrogant and has a weapon that obey him at all times......and because he controls one of the most powerful and beautilful elements ever..........lightning

he knows it'll be hard for someone to beat him

#33 Posted by BattheMan008 (292 posts) - - Show Bio

What's not to like?

#34 Posted by kgb725 (3418 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: How come everyone that doesn't have the same amount of Thor fanboyism as you is automatically classified as an ignorant Batman fan?

#36 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13903 posts) - - Show Bio

So what I gather from this thread it is bad for me to like Batman and Thor?

I like Thor because he likes to get hammered.

#37 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: How come everyone that doesn't have the same amount of Thor fanboyism as you is automatically classified as an ignorant Batman fan?

your words not mine.

#38 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Really? I disagree. Here you claim that if anyone prefers MoS over Thor 2 is a Batman fanboy.

"i did, after a long wait and i'm sort of disappointed. I thought it would be ranked higher than THOR 2, but nah. that's my opinion, if you don't like it then you are a batman fanboy.

Here you call all Batman fanboys 'hard-headed' and that 'they think they know everything.'

"You have a darkseid pic. However I wouldn't be surprised if your a batman fanboy. So hard headed and you think you know everything. That's the typical mental functioning of a batman fan."

Extra-bonus! Here you call all Batman fans losers.

"i didn't laugh. then i might be batman which would make me a loser."

All three are perfect examples of why 12 year olds should not have access to comicvine.com. Until you get banned, though, a piece of advice from @allstarsuperman that I completely agree with.

"Please, you're not funny, your batman hate doesn't make you cool, why do this?

#39 Edited by Wolverine08 (26686 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at people bothering with THORRRRRRRRRRRRRRson.

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

Lightning.

He's soooooo dreamy.

He's rich.

Hey, not even Superman can claim they named a week day after him. Tho I do firmly believe that people would like Mondays a lot more if it was Supermanday. Tho some would complain that the day was over powered.

#41 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15787 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

this, ill try out his marvel now though.

#42 Posted by Night Thrasher (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Well if you have a look through the Thor forum 90% of the threads are users crying about Thor losing fights/not having better feats.

Isn't that the same thing Superman fans do?

#43 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

His character, his world, and his adventures have a really big, epic, powerful feel. His mythology and supporting cast are interesting and unique, his powers are cool, his dialogue is always fun... and one of the coolest things about Thor is that he can be used to tell pretty much any kind of story. He blends sci-fi, fantasy, and superhero genres into a seamless mix that no other character really pulls off.

#44 Posted by Lvenger (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing I love most about him is his character and personality. He's honourable and ever willing to give his all in protecting the Nine Realms and its denizens. He's exceptionally kind, noble, compassionate and gentle yet a fierce dedicated warrior too. He also has a touch of cockiness and haughtiness which makes him a humorous god as well. Not to mention that thematically, Thor is the bridge between the classic mythology of the tales of heroes and villains that guide modern day comics.

#45 Posted by Herokiller12344 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

His character, his world, and his adventures have a really big, epic, powerful feel. His mythology and supporting cast are interesting and unique, his powers are cool, his dialogue is always fun... and one of the coolest things about Thor is that he can be used to tell pretty much any kind of story. He blends sci-fi, fantasy, and superhero genres into a seamless mix that no other character really pulls off.

@lvenger said:

The thing I love most about him is his character and personality. He's honourable and ever willing to give his all in protecting the Nine Realms and its denizens. He's exceptionally kind, noble, compassionate and gentle yet a fierce dedicated warrior too. He also has a touch of cockiness and haughtiness which makes him a humorous god as well. Not to mention that thematically, Thor is the bridge between the classic mythology of the tales of heroes and villains that guide modern day comics.

Well those sound great. Where do I start?

#46 Edited by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Really? I disagree. Here you claim that if anyone prefers MoS over Thor 2 is a Batman fanboy.

"i did, after a long wait and i'm sort of disappointed. I thought it would be ranked higher than THOR 2, but nah. that's my opinion, if you don't like it then you are a batman fanboy.

Here you call all Batman fanboys 'hard-headed' and that 'they think they know everything.'

"You have a darkseid pic. However I wouldn't be surprised if your a batman fanboy. So hard headed and you think you know everything. That's the typical mental functioning of a batman fan."

Extra-bonus! Here you call all Batman fans losers.

"i didn't laugh. then i might be batman which would make me a loser."

All three are perfect examples of why 12 year olds should not have access to comicvine.com. Until you get banned, though, a piece of advice from @allstarsuperman that I completely agree with.

"Please, you're not funny, your batman hate doesn't make you cool, why do this?

i didn't do anything.

#47 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagineman16 said:

@lvenger said:

Well those sound great. Where do I start?

Respect.

#48 Posted by Lvenger (16050 posts) - - Show Bio

@herokiller12344: The current Thor: God of Thunder run is really great and worth reading as an easy introduction to Thor. I'd also recommend JMS' run on Thor as that's what got me into the character with its humanising and sincere take on Thor and Asgard's rebirth. And the classic Lee/Kirby stuff cause that's just plain awesome.

#49 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15941 posts) - - Show Bio

he is a troll bud, leave him be.

#50 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

Lightning.

He's soooooo dreamy.

He's rich.

Hey, not even Superman can claim they named a week day after him. Tho I do firmly believe that people would like Mondays a lot more if it was Supermanday. Tho some would complain that the day was over powered.

Superman would prefer Sunday. He can rest, and absorb excess solar radiation.