• 103 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics actually AREN'T incredibly inconsistent. You're over-exaggerating.

They are pretty inconsistent.

Still the best evidence that Thor didnt really just up and kill Sentry, apart from everything Bendis has said on the subject, is that there is a clear look of surprise/shock on Thor's face when we see Bob's corpse after that final blow.

Its a little subtle but Copiel uses three parallel "expression lines" to indicate shock. It happens consistently at other times during Siege when a character is surprised and they can be seen above Thor's head when Bob suddenly just dies after nothing had been slowing him down previously.

Sentry wasn't reacting to Thor's hits because Thor wasn't hurting him. Which is why when he hits him with the first attack and he doesn't move, the artist zooms in on Thor's expression. If you remember earlier in the event Thor manhandled Sentry.

I dont think Thor manhandled Sentry earlier on. Sentry drove him into the dirt and then passively stood over him doing nothing until Thor knocked him away. Thats not manhandling, or evidence of superiority in my book.

NOBODY that Sentry was fighting was able to inflict ANY damage in that last encounter until they were powered by the Norn Stones. So again, I'm saying ANY way you interpret this there is no scenario where it was intended in the story that Thor killed Sentry by himself under his own power. Either the Norn Stones wore him down, or Thor has become powerful enough with the use of Norn Magic to kill him, or the when he grabbed Thor he wasn't at full power because he was still making the full transformation from Bob back into the Void, there are alot of ways you can interpret it but Thor killing him under his own power ISN'T one of those and bringing up random instances of PIS and inconsistent writing doesn't change that.

I'm not going to write off Thor's high showings from throughout his career as PIS - thats a philosophy of this site I dont buy into at all. But in this instance it seemed that Sentry died because he wanted to. Kind of like what The Void said when Bob tried to kill himself in the sun - it wasnt going to work because he didnt really want it yet.

you really dont like thor do you...

you discredit every thing thor does ALWaYS

#52 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Dude, just stop. I can interpret comics however I want to. We obviously saw two different things happening in that issue and I'm fine with that. You aren't an authority on comics. Stop trying to tell me what happened.

#53 Posted by joshmightbe (25053 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be reacting with the same apathy I've felt for Sentry pretty much since he was created.

#54 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder said:

@vance_astro: Dude, just stop. I can interpret comics however I want to. We obviously saw two different things happening in that issue and I'm fine with that. You aren't an authority on comics. Stop trying to tell me what happened.

Stop being wrong then.

Moderator
#55 Posted by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Edited by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#57 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to clear up some misconceptions in this thread, when people say there aren't any facts in comics, its because many definitions of the word fact mean indisputable. As far as say a fully grown man will be the same height on Monday as he is on Sunday. Even that can be a bit of a tricky example since people's height can fluctuate in small scales based on a few things, health, fitness, food intake, swelling, but its minimal. Still people apply facts in that sense. In comics, this isn't the case, writers are the word of god, they can change facts as they wish. Thus the definition of fact is much more relative and flexible in comics. Its basically meaningless as far as how it is used in real life. It leads people being aware that you can't really have facts in fiction. Or you can depending on how you use the word. Like what I just said was a fact. Its a fact because I want it to be a fact, as opposed to a fact because its an undisputed observed truth. Then again it is me, so arguably its both. Its also a bit like discussing evolution. Since evolution has been observed (some aspects) those aspects are considered a fact, but also its considered a fact by some often because to not believe in it is to be considered perverse. Then there are some who don't really care for terms like belief and fact and just accept evolution as a scientific theory, something which incorporates facts like genetic diversity and change among populations generations through natural selection.

An interviewer at CBR asked Bendis about Thor killing Sentry, Bendis replied (paraphrased) that Thor up to that point had been avoiding taking things that far and only did it when he had to. Also as revealed in the directors cut version of Siege Coipel was also on orders by Bendis to not draw expressions on Sentry's face not because some have concluded he was tanking the hits or not being hurt, but because Bendis wanted to portray Sentry not quite being there and a blank expression cluing us on to that, and he even referenced how Sentry struggled to get through Asgard and how it hurt him, but as per usual its great to see fans always asserting that how they understand a scene must be how the scene actually was and not just considering possible alternatives that are possibly even if they happen to believe one interpretation. Its never enough to just do that naturally. Best way to make an argument is by being ultra confident naturally.

Moderator
#58 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm a Thor and Sentry fan and I almost feel bad for Sentry. He is the new Abomination, Hercules, Hyperion, Gladiator, Wonder Man, Beta Ray Bill, Gilgamesh, Morg, Terrax, Firelord, Ares, Blue and so on. All those characters I am a fan of to, except Morg... kind indifferent. Every few years a new super duper powerhouse comes along and is sold by writers as a real threat to the hierarchy that is Thor, Hulk and Silver Surfer, then they fade away or become cameo queens and never quite hold on to the spot certain fans of theirs believe they rightfully deserve. They may experience some impressive bumps, but over time they usually accumulate more bad hits. Its not a good thing for Sentry to be in a competition with Thor because online you might have a few uber Sentry fans arguing with a few uber Thor fans, but Sentry doesn't have the popularity or fan base Thor does, and writers playing up that rivalry will be setting the character up for failure because thats what comics basically are, a revolving door on status quo. There are just established characters you can mess around with a bit, but they always bounce back harder and stronger. Even if half the claims about the character were accurate it doesn't matter one character falls, and usually falls hard. Especially the more fans try to push him above others. Fans don't realize that overzealousness can hurt your favorite character. Its hard for a Sentry fan online, at CV its hard to be a Storm, Batman, Hulk and Thor fan. So many fans of those characters in particular are seen as so hardcore other fans often say those fans turn them off the character. Not something I quite get but it happens. However unlike Thor, Storm and Batman Sentry doesn't have much backing in hard numbers.

I really wish Thor and Sentry were written as mates personally. Thor would slap Sentry on the back and hand him a beer and smile at him, and tell him it was the Void that brought Asgard down, not his friend Robert. Odin would bust through and knock out Sentry like he knocked out Silver Surfer and then Thor would fight his own father for on Sentry's behalf but get beaten as well. Thor would then plea with fellow Asgardians how Robert and Sentry is actually a friend of Asgard - I mean jeez its not like Thor hasn't gone bonkers in the past and hurt Beta Ray Bill and Sif and other friends. In fact there was Blood and Thunder and then their was when he took over the entire world and killed half the Avengers hah - Thor how I view him would be sympathetic to Sentry. More characters of their nature should interact with each other in more friendly terms, instead of the ultra macho power measuring that goes on. Oh man Thor Sentry, Hulk, Ms Marvel and Hyperion going out for a bonding session doing bowling and paintball would be epic.

Moderator
#59 Edited by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

An interviewer at CBR asked Bendis about Thor killing Sentry, Bendis replied (paraphrased) that Thor up to that point had been avoiding taking things that far and only did it when he had to.

Got a link?

Moderator
#60 Edited by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

An interviewer at CBR asked Bendis about Thor killing Sentry, Bendis replied (paraphrased) that Thor up to that point had been avoiding taking things that far and only did it when he had to.

Got a link?

Not off hand sorry, only have a screen shot of one question and answer.

Moderator
#61 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Not off hand sorry, only have a screen shot of one question and answer.

Could you post that please?

Moderator
#62 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
@sc said:
but as per usual its great to see fans always asserting that how they understand a scene must be how the scene actually was and not just considering possible alternatives that are possibly even if they happen to believe one interpretation. Its never enough to just do that naturally. Best way to make an argument is by being ultra confident naturally.

I feel like this is indirectly directed at me. If not I apologize in advance but I DID consider several possible alternatives but never one where Thor was able to kill the Void under his own power. Considering all that Sentry had done up until that point I assumed that Thor wouldn't need an invitation to "turn it up".

Moderator
#63 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

Not off hand sorry, only have a screen shot of one question and answer.

Could you post that please?

Sure, especially since you asked nicely with a please ^_^

For context I think I remember Bendis saying that Sentry was akin to a drug addict and prone to lying and also that Bob also wanted to die. Its actually a pretty good read if I find it I will post link to full thing.

Moderator
#64 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Sure, especially since you asked nicely with a please ^_^

For context I think I remember Bendis saying that Sentry was akin to a drug addict and prone to lying and also that Bob also wanted to die. Its actually a pretty good read if I find it I will post link to full thing.

Well I got this part in the context of the issue. Thor DOES state to Robert that he wouldn't kill him when he asks, but when he turns back into the Void, then Thor kills him. What I'm wondering whether there were any other factors that made Thor able to kill The Void.

Moderator
#65 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:
but as per usual its great to see fans always asserting that how they understand a scene must be how the scene actually was and not just considering possible alternatives that are possibly even if they happen to believe one interpretation. Its never enough to just do that naturally. Best way to make an argument is by being ultra confident naturally.

I feel like this is indirectly directed at me. If not I apologize in advance but I DID consider several possible alternatives but never one where Thor was able to kill the Void under his own power. Considering all that Sentry had done up until that point I assumed that Thor wouldn't need an invitation to "turn it up".

No apology necessary, its a common enough situation with comic book fans and even just reason and logic in a wider application, nothing personal towards you ^_^. Are you aware of argument known as Argument from Personal Incredulity?

Its basically if I say that because I have tried thinking about something and can't see anyway that alternatives to proposition A and B are true, only A and B can be true. If someone believes proposition C, well they are just wrong, because I can't see how proposition C is true therefore it must be. Thing is propositions A through Z may be true, depends usually.

Moderator
#66 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's reaction?

"Must I find thee a larger star to hurl thy corpse into?"

#67 Posted by Fifthchild (623 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

Not off hand sorry, only have a screen shot of one question and answer.

Could you post that please?

Sure, especially since you asked nicely with a please ^_^

For context I think I remember Bendis saying that Sentry was akin to a drug addict and prone to lying and also that Bob also wanted to die. Its actually a pretty good read if I find it I will post link to full thing.

Dont mean to sound like I'm following you round SC ;-) but heres the link to the complete interview which goes fairly in depth in to Bendis' thoughts on The Sentry in his run.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26287

In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.

I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself, but I'll put two things out there.

I think we've all met crazy people in our lives, and I think you learn pretty quickly that when you're dealing with a crazy person, you can't trust what they're saying to be true. Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did. He was a crazy person and maybe a drug addict, as the character's creator, Paul Jenkins, put out there. So not everything he was saying wasn't necessarily true. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. I know that's difficult for some people, because when they read a story, they don't want to feel like they're being fucked with. That character, though, was not in control of himself. There wasn't one second throughout the run of "Dark Avengers" where he was in control of himself.

Number two, yes, Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though, or they were just so happy to see the Sentry die they didn't give a shit how it happened [Laughs].

Some other stuff from a previous instalment after the release of issue 3:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25450

There's been a lot of speculation about this page and what it reveals about the Void's true nature, with one line of thought being that maybe the Sentry's encounter with Carnage back in your first "New Avengers" story ended up with Carnage and the Void merging into a new entity.

[Laughs] I saw that too. I also saw that he is now evil incarnate in the form of a red lobster. That's also not true.

What I've always enjoyed about The Void is, the character itself has all these different physical manifestations. They're unexplained until you realize he's got the power of someone, say, like a Molecule Man. He's got power over physical space, but his mental illness makes it where he creates these creatures. Some people with severe bipolar disorders see these creatures in the corner of their eye, and I've actually known people who this has happened to. I knew someone who literally had to sculpt them into creation to make them go away. So my version of this is he is someone who, with his power, literally creates them in the persona of the Void. This is the latest manifestation, and I believe the creepiest.

And I've always loved how different artists have interpreted that. Deodato drew the Void as this black mass, and Jae Lee had him as these tendrils. I like how every artist came up with a different persona for the Void. I think that says a lot about the artist, as well.

With the Void about to unleash hell on the Avengers, I suppose it's a good time to ask you about his partnership with Osborn. We know why The Sentry's alter ego, Bob Reynolds, worked with Norman, but why did his dark half, The Void, also choose to play along?

They are the same person. I don't think it's clearly a case of The Void and Bob. It isn't like one personality takes over the other. I think there's varying degrees of each in the different versions that you see, like the best version of Bob had a little bit of The Void in it so he could kick some ass. That was the Sentry who ripped Carnage in half. Without that influence, you get this simpering guy who can't move. That's Bob on his own.

So, The Sentry is not a classic case of Multiple Personality disorder?

No. I've done those stories before, and I wouldn't classify it as this. Bob is a sick man, with the power of a god, who created The Void to be all these things that are in his head that he cannot control. Scary!

#68 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@fifthchild said:

@sc said:

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

Not off hand sorry, only have a screen shot of one question and answer.

Could you post that please?

Sure, especially since you asked nicely with a please ^_^

For context I think I remember Bendis saying that Sentry was akin to a drug addict and prone to lying and also that Bob also wanted to die. Its actually a pretty good read if I find it I will post link to full thing.

Dont mean to sound like I'm following you round SC ;-) but heres the link to the complete interview which goes fairly in depth in to Bendis' thoughts on The Sentry in his run.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26287

In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.

I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself, but I'll put two things out there.

I think we've all met crazy people in our lives, and I think you learn pretty quickly that when you're dealing with a crazy person, you can't trust what they're saying to be true. Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn't mean that he actually did. He just thought that he did. He was a crazy person and maybe a drug addict, as the character's creator, Paul Jenkins, put out there. So not everything he was saying wasn't necessarily true. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. I know that's difficult for some people, because when they read a story, they don't want to feel like they're being fucked with. That character, though, was not in control of himself. There wasn't one second throughout the run of "Dark Avengers" where he was in control of himself.

Number two, yes, Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though, or they were just so happy to see the Sentry die they didn't give a shit how it happened [Laughs].

Some other stuff from a previous installment after the release of issue 3:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25450

There's been a lot of speculation about this page and what it reveals about the Void's true nature, with one line of thought being that maybe the Sentry's encounter with Carnage back in your first "New Avengers" story ended up with Carnage and the Void merging into a new entity.

[Laughs] I saw that too. I also saw that he is now evil incarnate in the form of a red lobster. That's also not true.

What I've always enjoyed about The Void is, the character itself has all these different physical manifestations. They're unexplained until you realize he's got the power of someone, say, like a Molecule Man. He's got power over physical space, but his mental illness makes it where he creates these creatures. Some people with severe bipolar disorders see these creatures in the corner of their eye, and I've actually known people who this has happened to. I knew someone who literally had to sculpt them into creation to make them go away. So my version of this is he is someone who, with his power, literally creates them in the persona of the Void. This is the latest manifestation, and I believe the creepiest.

And I've always loved how different artists have interpreted that. Deodato drew the Void as this black mass, and Jae Lee had him as these tendrils. I like how every artist came up with a different persona for the Void. I think that says a lot about the artist, as well.

With the Void about to unleash hell on the Avengers, I suppose it's a good time to ask you about his partnership with Osborn. We know why The Sentry's alter ego, Bob Reynolds, worked with Norman, but why did his dark half, The Void, also choose to play along?

They are the same person. I don't think it's clearly a case of The Void and Bob. It isn't like one personality takes over the other. I think there's varying degrees of each in the different versions that you see, like the best version of Bob had a little bit of The Void in it so he could kick some ass. That was the Sentry who ripped Carnage in half. Without that influence, you get this simpering guy who can't move. That's Bob on his own.

So, The Sentry is not a classic case of Multiple Personality disorder?

No. I've done those stories before, and I wouldn't classify it as this. Bob is a sick man, with the power of a god, who created The Void to be all these things that are in his head that he cannot control. Scary!

Thanks for posting this.

Moderator
#69 Posted by Azad (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Considering both Loki and Asgard are back as well, I'm pretty sure they're even in Thor's eyes. Still, his reaction will probably be something like this:

HAHAHAHA

YES.

#70 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is that this will be a seriously wasted opportunity if they don't upgrade Banshee to Black Bolt levels and have them fight, opening another Rift.

#71 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#72 Edited by SupremeHyperion (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be like "maybe he'll let me beat him again?"

#73 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@thegodofthunder said:

@vance_astro: Dude, just stop. I can interpret comics however I want to. We obviously saw two different things happening in that issue and I'm fine with that. You aren't an authority on comics. Stop trying to tell me what happened.

Stop being wrong then.

Wow. You really are a douche aren't you?

#74 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to see how he's handled this time around.

#75 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

@vance_astro said:

@thegodofthunder said:

@vance_astro: Dude, just stop. I can interpret comics however I want to. We obviously saw two different things happening in that issue and I'm fine with that. You aren't an authority on comics. Stop trying to tell me what happened.

Stop being wrong then.

Wow. You really are an asshole aren't you?

Wow, you really are trying to get banned aren't you?

Moderator
#78 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

--

#79 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmartain No I'm he does not always discredit Thor and @Vance_Astro you have a point it did seem like that sentry did want to die it just turned out that it was thor that ''killed'' him

Online
#80 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@Vance_Astro you have a point it did seem like that sentry did want to die it just turned out that it was thor that ''killed'' him

Bendis seems to confirm what I thought and he wrote it.

Moderator
#81 Posted by HaveAtThee (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis is terrible at writing powerful characters. Let Bendis and Fraction handle all the street-level stuff, and give all the heavy lifting with the powerhouses to Mark Waid and Jason Aaron.

#82 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Since when was it confirmed that Sentry is actually returning? Besides the cover, is there any proof? They tend to mislead greatly.

He's on the cover of Uncanny Avengers #10

What is with that Ginyu Force pose? It makes everyone else look bad!

#83 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

Unsure, he "killed" him the first time, but it was not proper...If I was Thor, I would kill him again >_>

#84 Edited by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@novi_homines said:

@vance_astro said:

@thegodofthunder said:

@vance_astro: Dude, just stop. I can interpret comics however I want to. We obviously saw two different things happening in that issue and I'm fine with that. You aren't an authority on comics. Stop trying to tell me what happened.

Stop being wrong then.

Wow. You really are an asshole aren't you?

Wow, you really are trying to get banned aren't you?

No offence Astro, Calm it. You are coming across as arrogant, rude and just plain what they are describing. If you were not a mod, you would be banned by now, Stop condescension people.

Edit.....

I just re-read your things...reluctantly...you were speaking some truth >_> But still, you came as as a bit rude, probably you do not care, but I don't see it being a good mod threatening people when you ironically did exactly the same thing.

#85 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

No offence Astro, Calm it. You are coming across as arrogant, rude and just plain what they are describing.

They both broke the rules so why are you complaining about how I came across? Even if I insulted them (which I didn't) they aren't allowed to call me or anyone else names or use profanity. There's no free passes for retaliation. Arrogance isn't against the rules. So if I came across that way, you only have two options..you can either ignore it and still respond or ignore it and don't respond. Not that, that post was meant to be taken seriously in the first place.

@pyrogram said:

If you were not a mod, you would be banned by now

Well this is false but if you want to complain about me, you can always PM the staff. People act like mods powers are absolute on these forums and that we don't have to answer for anything. It's not true.

@pyrogram said:

I just re-read your things...reluctantly...you were speaking some truth >_> But still, you came as as a bit rude, probably you do not care, but I don't see it being a good mod threatening people when you ironically did exactly the same thing.

I don't really care what you see as being a good mod. Both users that responded to me broke the rules. I didn't. My post about "banning" wasn't a threat..it was a warning which the user in question totally understood. We don't ban people for a single offense. Also what do you mean "ironically I did the same thing", what is that even a reference to?

Moderator
#86 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

So entertained.

#87 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2!!!

#88 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Let the hate flow through this thread.

#89 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18381 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis is terrible at writing powerful characters. Let Bendis and Fraction handle all the street-level stuff, and give all the heavy lifting with the powerhouses to Mark Waid and Jason Aaron.

don't forget pak :P

#90 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

Not off hand sorry, only have a screen shot of one question and answer.

Could you post that please?

Sure, especially since you asked nicely with a please ^_^

For context I think I remember Bendis saying that Sentry was akin to a drug addict and prone to lying and also that Bob also wanted to die. Its actually a pretty good read if I find it I will post link to full thing.

You are my hero for posting this! This should have ended the whole debate! I'm gonna save this!

#91 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

You are my hero for posting this! This should have ended the whole debate! I'm gonna save this!

If you're going to save something you should probably save the whole thing as posted by @fifthchild. Which ACTUALLY ended the debate. The part that you speak off that is cropped out of an entire interview only explains something that is obvious to anyone who read the issue. Every knows (or they should) Thor rejected the idea of killing the Void until he felt he had no choice.

Moderator
#92 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

You are my hero for posting this! This should have ended the whole debate! I'm gonna save this!

If you're going to save something you should probably save the whole thing as posted by @fifthchild. Which ACTUALLY ended the debate. The part that you speak off that is cropped out of an entire interview only explains something that is obvious to anyone who read the issue. Every knows (or they should) Thor rejected the idea of killing the Void until he felt he had no choice.

That's very true, and I do have a portion of what Fifthchild posted, funny you mentioned that, lol!

#93 Edited by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@sc said:

Sure, especially since you asked nicely with a please ^_^

For context I think I remember Bendis saying that Sentry was akin to a drug addict and prone to lying and also that Bob also wanted to die. Its actually a pretty good read if I find it I will post link to full thing.

You are my hero for posting this! This should have ended the whole debate! I'm gonna save this!

No problem, I feel bad when people don't realize that Thor was clearly holding back the entire time, and killed Sentry when he stopped holding back. Establishing that all people should interpret that anytime Thor decides to stop holding back he can kill Sentry quite easy and if he and Sentry fight and Sentry isn't killed in the first hit Thor is obviously holding back a lot, maybe out of fear of hurting Sentry even if its Sentry's most powerful form maximum potential merged with Void. Now that everyone knows we are right they can start to change their interpretations to match mine, the right one.

Moderator
#94 Edited by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

No problem, I feel bad when people don't realize that Thor was clearly holding back the entire time, and killed Sentry when he stopped holding back. Establishing that all people should interpret that anytime Thor decides to stop holding back he can kill Sentry quite easy and if he and Sentry fight and Sentry isn't killed in the first hit Thor is obviously holding back a lot, maybe out of fear of hurting Sentry even if its Sentry's most powerful form maximum potential merged with Void. Now that everyone knows we are right they can start to change their interpretations to match mine, the right one.

Is this sarcasm?

Moderator
#95 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

That's very true, and I do have a portion of what Fifthchild posted, funny you mentioned that, lol!

I only mentioned it because that's not what you quoted. You quoted the snippet.

Moderator
#96 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

No problem, I feel bad when people don't realize that Thor was clearly holding back the entire time, and killed Sentry when he stopped holding back. Establishing that all people should interpret that anytime Thor decides to stop holding back he can kill Sentry quite easy and if he and Sentry fight and Sentry isn't killed in the first hit Thor is obviously holding back a lot, maybe out of fear of hurting Sentry even if its Sentry's most powerful form maximum potential merged with Void. Now that everyone knows we are right they can start to change their interpretations to match mine, the right one.

Is this sarcasm?

Its the law.

Moderator
#97 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Its the law.

SSBAPOSAMYODB

Moderator
#98 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

Its the law.

SSBAPOSAMYODB

^__^

Its an official doctrine too.

Moderator
#99 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Its an official doctrine too.

Also FYYSAFFAB...and EADB.

Moderator
#100 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@sc said:

Its an official doctrine too.

Also FYYSAFFAB...and EADB.

Well, I answered your question, that you asked of my on topic post, could you explain what FYYSAFFAB...and EADB are and how they are on topic please? The other one i got, these two not so much. Otherwise feel free to PM reply me, I wouldn't want this thread to get distracted from the law and doctrine and truth that is my posts.

Moderator