• 103 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6422 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover for uncanny avengers show apocalypse's new horsemen. Those being Sentry, Daken, grim reaper and banshee. With Sentry comeing back we will more than likely get a show down between the both of them but how do you think Thor will first react finding out that the man who killed his brother and destroyed asgard has came back to like

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering both Loki and Asgard are back as well, I'm pretty sure they're even in Thor's eyes. Still, his reaction will probably be something like this:

#3 Edited by TheGodofThunder (595 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope thor kills him again.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder said:

I hope thor kills him again.

He didn't kill him the first time.

Moderator
#5 Posted by TheGodofThunder (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Yes he did, just like molecule man and morgana le fey killed him too. Just with thor, he chose not to come back.

#6 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when was it confirmed that Sentry is actually returning? Besides the cover, is there any proof? They tend to mislead greatly.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Since when was it confirmed that Sentry is actually returning? Besides the cover, is there any proof? They tend to mislead greatly.

He's on the cover of Uncanny Avengers #10

@vance_astro: Yes he did, just like molecule man and morgana le fey killed him too. Just with thor, he chose not to come back.

He wasn't killed by either of them as far as I can tell. That wasn't the only time Sentry "died" during Dark Reign. There was also the time he got blasted in the face by one of Noh-Varr's weapons. I assumed that all of those things were done to validate him overpowering Molecule Man with his own manipulation of molecules. They don't show what happens the first time Molecule Man "kills" Sentry but the second time they show him reverse what Molecule Man was doing and he was being ripped apart. I don't think Thor killed Sentry I think Thor killed Robert Reynolds, when he got hit by the helicarrier he reverted from the Void into Reynolds. It wasn't until that, that Thor was even capable of hurting him before that, nothing anyone was doing, did anything and if Thor was actually capable of killing the Void or Sentry, Siege wouldn't have gotten that far.

Moderator
#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Yeah, I caught that, but is there any proof disregarding the cover? As I said, they tend to mislead a lot.

Moderator
#9 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Considering both Loki and Asgard are back as well, I'm pretty sure they're even in Thor's eyes. Still, his reaction will probably be something like this:

Yep

#10 Posted by Dernman (14883 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Onemoreposter (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about how Thor is going to react. I do know that Banshee is the most intimidating horseman ever.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@vance_astro: Yeah, I caught that, but is there any proof disregarding the cover? As I said, they tend to mislead a lot.

It seems unlikely that that cover would depict a cast of Four Horseman and it be completely fake. The previews for Uncanny 10 haven't come out yet. They are only on issue #7 right now.

Moderator
#13 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8768 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Thor murderizes Sentry permanently.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: They've done a similar thing with Ragnarok if you remember correctly. Everyone assumed that it was Thor being brought back but it ended up being a clone. I doubt that it's the real Sentry, but hey, I could be proven wrong! :)

Moderator
#15 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@crom_cruach said:

I hope Thor murderizes Sentry permanently.

#16 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet sentry is awesome, and this is his second stint as a horseman, wasn't his zombie version a horsemant in one story as well? I'm pretty excited to see sentry and daken as horeseman even reaper is cool.... banshee, meh

#17 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@vance_astro: They've done a similar thing with Ragnarok if you remember correctly. Everyone assumed that it was Thor being brought back but it ended up being a clone. I doubt that it's the real Sentry, but hey, I could be proven wrong! :)

I'm not arguing that it's the real Sentry only that there will be SOME form of Sentry in this issue. They aren't going to show him on the cover and there be nothing in the issue regarding Sentry.

Moderator
#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not arguing that it's the real Sentry only that there will be SOME form of Sentry in this issue. They aren't going to show him on the cover and there be nothing in the issue regarding Sentry.

True enough good sir! I owe thee an apology then! I thought you were insinuating that the real Sentry was making a return :)

Moderator
#19 Posted by TheJester (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I just need to add that's a really bad cover...

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@thejester said:

I just need to add that's a really bad cover...

Agreed.

True enough good sir! I owe thee an apology then! I thought you were insinuating that the real Sentry was making a return :)

It's all good. I almost think this has to be a clone or something because if it's the REAL Sentry they will have to severely depower him or beating him within an arc like this will have made Siege and Dark Reign completely pointless.

Moderator
#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Yeah, although pre-Siege and Dark Reign Sentry was relatively more restrictive of his power, holding back a lot in fear of what he may do. The Void essentially caused to reach his "full" potential IMO.

Moderator
#22 Posted by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

i feel that death in comic book get waaay less meaning if you just resurrect characters so often

#23 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@rondoudou said:

i feel that death in comic book get waaay less meaning if you just resurrect characters so often

Yea, Marvel has become far to gimmick based and their gimmicks are so predictable.

Moderator
#24 Posted by TheGodofThunder (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: It's all open to interpretation and that's not how I interpreted it, lol.

#25 Edited by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: so out of all the major characters in marvel and dc who HASNT been resurrected yet? other than uncle ben? or is someone going to try and bring him back to life?

#26 Edited by SC (12892 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry is coming back? Wow, maybe this time Thor will stop holding back, but then again if Thor stops holding back, Sentry might have to show people his true power, which is like my way of saying I personally think Sentry slap Thor's wackass around but then again, if Sentry shows us his real power Thor might show everyone his Real True Power - like when he does against Glory in which case Sentry and Galactus stand no chance, but then if Thor does that Sentry might show his Ultimate Real True Power and Void out maximizing his potential, in which case Living Tribunal better hold onto his pants and run away fast least he get a can of whippity whoppity opened up on his neckless booty. Then Thor might show his Maximal Real True Ultra Power and go Warriors Madness exponentially increasing his infinite power to the Max and start laying the smack down on some candy people checking them into some sort of cocaine hotel - but then Sentry will just unleash his Supreme Voided Out True Ultimate Supreme Power the Power of Infinity Infinitely Large Super Nova's exploding Infinitely Ultra Maximus Mega Voided out Powers causing all the readers to nosebleed and faint from just how powerful he is - he blood falling on the pages of the comic - but mysteriously evaporating if they happen to fall on Sentry but no one noticing if they fall on Wanda or Thor's cape 0_0.

Moderator
#27 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@rondoudou said:

@vance_astro: so out of all the major characters in marvel and dc who HASNT been resurrected yet? other than uncle ben? or is someone going to try and bring him back to life?

Well Spider-Man is technically dead right now. Stature died at the end of Avengers: Children's Crusade. DC rebooted so I don't think they have any pending resurrections but I think alot of their main heroes have "died" at some point and come back.

Moderator
#28 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegodofthunder said:

@vance_astro: It's all open to interpretation and that's not how I interpreted it, lol.

However you interpret what he did, the part where Thor is capable of killing The Void under his own power is DEFINITELY not a fact.

Moderator
#29 Posted by TheGodofThunder (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Yeah, cause there are actually facts in comics. (<--- sarcasm) Thor has taken great effort in cracking a celestials armor, but then in a an annual was shown casually taking one out. In turn the Celestials melted the Destroyer armor filled with the energies of Odin and all asgard like it was nothing, but easily gets cleaved in two by the apocalypse twins in Uncanny Avengers #10. Thor has been shown driving back Galactus and then jobbing to freaking mongoose. It's called comics are incredibly inconsistent. Sentry may not have been showing any reaction to Thor's hit's but with each one, more and more of the Void was being revealed, showing Thor was inflicting damage and when Thor finally gave him the last hit, it wasn't Bob Reynold's tentacles flailing about. Human's don't have tentacles, at least not the human's I've seen. It was the Void's. Thor KILLED the Void. Bob simply chose to stay dead. That is how I interpret the final issue of Siege and I use the word "Interpret" because comics are art through and through and all art is open to interpretation.

#30 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I actually like Sentry. I discussed him for my psychology class

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, cause there are actually facts in comics.

There are.

Thor has taken great effort in cracking a celestials armor, but then in a an annual was shown casually taking one out. In turn the Celestials melted the Destroyer armor filled with the energies of Odin and all asgard like it was nothing, but easily gets cleaved in two by the apocalypse twins in Uncanny Avengers #10. Thor has been shown driving back Galactus and then jobbing to freaking mongoose. It's called comics are incredibly inconsistent.

Comics actually AREN'T incredibly inconsistent. You're over-exaggerating.

Sentry may not have been showing any reaction to Thor's hit's but with each one, more and more of the Void was being revealed, showing Thor was inflicting damage and when Thor finally gave him the last hit, it wasn't Bob Reynold's tentacles flailing about. Human's don't have tentacles, at least not the human's I've seen. It was the Void's. Thor KILLED the Void. Bob simply chose to stay dead. That is how I interpret the final issue of Siege and I use the word "Interpret" because comics are art through and through and all art is open to interpretation.

Sentry wasn't reacting to Thor's hits because Thor wasn't hurting him. Which is why when he hits him with the first attack and he doesn't move, the artist zooms in on Thor's expression. If you remember earlier in the event Thor manhandled Sentry. NOBODY that Sentry was fighting was able to inflict ANY damage in that last encounter until they were powered by the Norn Stones. So again, I'm saying ANY way you interpret this there is no scenario where it was intended in the story that Thor killed Sentry by himself under his own power. Either the Norn Stones wore him down, or Thor has become powerful enough with the use of Norn Magic to kill him, or the when he grabbed Thor he wasn't at full power because he was still making the full transformation from Bob back into the Void, there are alot of ways you can interpret it but Thor killing him under his own power ISN'T one of those and bringing up random instances of PIS and inconsistent writing doesn't change that.

Moderator
#32 Posted by Teerack (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that wants Sentry to rip Thor in half?

#33 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Am I the only one that wants Sentry to rip Thor in half?

No.

But that will never happen for the following reasons;

1. Thor has a movie franchise. Movies are more important than comics.

2. Remender couldn't write a decent story if his life depended on it.

3. The Sentry is mentally ill and Marvel hates anyone that isn't some form of Chauvinistic godliness.

4. Sentry is vastly more powerful than Thor, and AvX showed us; battles must always favour the Avenger who is weaker.

#34 Edited by Teerack (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Am I the only one that wants Sentry to rip Thor in half?

No.

But that will never happen for the following reasons;

1. Thor has a movie franchise. Movies are more important than comics.

2. Remender couldn't write a decent story if his life depended on it.

3. The Sentry is mentally ill and Marvel hates anyone that isn't some form of Chauvinistic godliness.

4. Sentry is vastly more powerful than Thor, and AvX showed us; battles must always favour the Avenger who is weaker.

To point three. All of Marvel's popular heroes are emotionally damaged. Spider-Man, Ironman, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Cyclops, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Hulk, Winter Soldier, etc. I'm also not sure how you can call any of these characters Chauvinistic other then Ironman, Hawkeye, and Deadpool.

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

To point three. All of Marvel's popular heroes are emotionally damaged. Spider-Man, Ironman, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Cyclops, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Hulk, Winter Soldier, etc. I'm also not sure how you can call any of these characters Chauvinistic other then Ironman, Hawkeye, and Deadpool.

Not one of them even the Hulk is as emotionally damaged as Sentry. I've never seen Spider-Man hiding in a cave...from himself.

Moderator
#36 Posted by Teerack (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Wow... I'm not going to get into an argument about Hulk, but the fact you seriously don't think Moon Knight or Deadpool are more mentally messed up is hilarious.

#37 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@teerack said:

Am I the only one that wants Sentry to rip Thor in half?

No.

But that will never happen for the following reasons;

1. Thor has a movie franchise. Movies are more important than comics.

2. Remender couldn't write a decent story if his life depended on it.

3. The Sentry is mentally ill and Marvel hates anyone that isn't some form of Chauvinistic godliness.

4. Sentry is vastly more powerful than Thor, and AvX showed us; battles must always favour the Avenger who is weaker.

To point three. All of Marvel's popular heroes are emotionally damaged. Spider-Man, Ironman, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Cyclops, Venom, Daredevil, Punisher, Hulk, Winter Soldier, etc. I'm also not sure how you can call any of these characters Chauvinistic other then Ironman, Hawkeye, and Deadpool.

Because "emotionally damaged" in Marvel means nothing more than "has a reason to be dark and cool". When's the last time someone like Iron Man screwed up and suffered for it? Oh he regretted Civil War and... got multiple armour and intelligence upgrades as well as became a leading Avenger again. Punisher goes around killing anyone and is brought in... never. Now he's working for a government sanctioned Thunderbolts team and sleeping with Elektra because what is logic. Winter Soldier is just a Mary Sue. Cyclops was one of Marvel's best characters, until he was turned into generic villain #78.

Sentry was a scapegoat for Civil War, Secret Invasion and Siege. It was a disgrace. The real terrible people in the Marvel U just get rewarded over and over. And whenever they do experience a trial, it's purely so they can overcome it and be even more awesome.

Not including Spider-Man. Spider-Man rules. Though he's suffering with Slott ruining the franchise completely.

#38 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@vance_astro: Wow... I'm not going to get into an argument about Hulk, but the fact you seriously don't think Moon Knight or Deadpool are more mentally messed up is hilarious.

It's hilarious that I don't think Deadpool or Moon Knight are more mentally messed up than Sentry? They aren't. Everyone in the Marvel Universe has their issues emotionally\mentally..most characters that are as messed up or more so then Sentry are villains.

Moderator
#39 Edited by Teerack (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: I think you should probably try reading some of the stuff you're talking about, because if you really think "emotionally damaged" is just an excuse for character like Daredevil and Moon Knight to act dark you know nothing about them.

The fact that you think Tony hasn't suffered because of his bad choices really means you actually bought into the image Tony tried to project to the characters within the Marvel universe. If you actually have been reading his books you'd know how unhappy he really is.

The currently Thunderbolts team isn't sanctioned, and Punisher is only in it because Red Hulk is black mailing him.

Sentry's drama was literally the same as Hulk's only turned out worse because Setry was a lot stronger then Hulk. (I still thing Hulk has has more issues then Sentry.)

That all aside arguing over who had it worse wasn't my point and is irrelevant. My point was that most of Marvel's better/more successful character are mentally ill. In fact it's usually the whole point for a lot of characters, so trying to say Marvel would never let Sentry beat Thor because they only like non mentally ill character is a really weak point to try and make.

#40 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Did I mention Daredevil or Moon Knight?

Oh boo hoo, he's unhappy? Well that's fair. He imprisons people without trial and was the cause of countless deaths and atrocities, BUT HE'S UNHAPPY. All is forgiven!

You caught me, I don't read Way's Thunderbolts. I guess it's because I don't completely hate myself.

The person who is buying into Marvel's nonsense is you. You're believing what they tell you. Have fun with that.

#41 Posted by Teerack (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Did I mention Daredevil or Moon Knight?

Oh boo hoo, he's unhappy? Well that's fair. He imprisons people without trial and was the cause of countless deaths and atrocities, BUT HE'S UNHAPPY. All is forgiven!

You caught me, I don't read Way's Thunderbolts. I guess it's because I don't completely hate myself.

The person who is buying into Marvel's nonsense is you. You're believing what they tell you. Have fun with that.

Wow. After such an idiotic post I think i'd find it quite entertaining to listening to try to explain a physiological profile for Sentry.

#42 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@teerack: Did I mention Daredevil or Moon Knight?

Oh boo hoo, he's unhappy? Well that's fair. He imprisons people without trial and was the cause of countless deaths and atrocities, BUT HE'S UNHAPPY. All is forgiven!

You caught me, I don't read Way's Thunderbolts. I guess it's because I don't completely hate myself.

The person who is buying into Marvel's nonsense is you. You're believing what they tell you. Have fun with that.

Wow. After such an idiotic post I think i'd find it quite entertaining to listening to try to explain a physiological profile for Sentry.

Yeah, of the two of us; I'm definitely the idiot. You have fun listening to try.

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Wow. After such an idiotic post I think i'd find it quite entertaining to listening to try to explain a physiological profile for Sentry.

You don't have to be so condescending.

Moderator
#44 Edited by Teerack (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@teerack: Did I mention Daredevil or Moon Knight?

Oh boo hoo, he's unhappy? Well that's fair. He imprisons people without trial and was the cause of countless deaths and atrocities, BUT HE'S UNHAPPY. All is forgiven!

You caught me, I don't read Way's Thunderbolts. I guess it's because I don't completely hate myself.

The person who is buying into Marvel's nonsense is you. You're believing what they tell you. Have fun with that.

Wow. After such an idiotic post I think i'd find it quite entertaining to listening to try to explain a physiological profile for Sentry.

Yeah, of the two of us; I'm definitely the idiot. You have fun listening to try.

"You have fun listening to try." hahahahaha okay I'm out of here xD

@teerack said:

Wow. After such an idiotic post I think i'd find it quite entertaining to listening to try to explain a physiological profile for Sentry.

You don't have to be so condescending.

I do when I think the other person is being dismissive, but i guess i'm sorry to you for that other post I made cause you didn't really deserve that tone.

#45 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Wow. After such an idiotic post I think i'd find it quite entertaining to listening to try to explain a physiological profile for Sentry.

You don't have to be so condescending.

It's okay though coz Fade will totally demolish them anyway.

#46 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Sentry is coming back? Wow, maybe this time Thor will stop holding back, but then again if Thor stops holding back, Sentry might have to show people his true power, which is like my way of saying I personally think Sentry slap Thor's wackass around but then again, if Sentry shows us his real power Thor might show everyone his Real True Power - like when he does against Glory in which case Sentry and Galactus stand no chance, but then if Thor does that Sentry might show his Ultimate Real True Power and Void out maximizing his potential, in which case Living Tribunal better hold onto his pants and run away fast least he get a can of whippity whoppity opened up on his neckless booty. Then Thor might show his Maximal Real True Ultra Power and go Warriors Madness exponentially increasing his infinite power to the Max and start laying the smack down on some candy people checking them into some sort of cocaine hotel - but then Sentry will just unleash his Supreme Voided Out True Ultimate Supreme Power the Power of Infinity Infinitely Large Super Nova's exploding Infinitely Ultra Maximus Mega Voided out Powers causing all the readers to nosebleed and faint from just how powerful he is - he blood falling on the pages of the comic - but mysteriously evaporating if they happen to fall on Sentry but no one noticing if they fall on Wanda or Thor's cape 0_0.

I'm sorry but I try to read this whole post but I cant get by "neckless body" without LOLing

#47 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope Remender doesn't just make him another mindless zombiefied ''villain'' that is actually a hero.I really hope that after this moments he actually returns.

#48 Edited by HaveAtThee (503 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's reaction?

"Must I find thee a larger star to hurl thy corpse into?"

#49 Posted by Fifthchild (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics actually AREN'T incredibly inconsistent. You're over-exaggerating.

They are pretty inconsistent.

Still the best evidence that Thor didnt really just up and kill Sentry, apart from everything Bendis has said on the subject, is that there is a clear look of surprise/shock on Thor's face when we see Bob's corpse after that final blow.

Its a little subtle but Copiel uses three parallel "expression lines" to indicate shock. It happens consistently at other times during Siege when a character is surprised and they can be seen above Thor's head when Bob suddenly just dies after nothing had been slowing him down previously.

Sentry wasn't reacting to Thor's hits because Thor wasn't hurting him. Which is why when he hits him with the first attack and he doesn't move, the artist zooms in on Thor's expression. If you remember earlier in the event Thor manhandled Sentry.

I dont think Thor manhandled Sentry earlier on. Sentry drove him into the dirt and then passively stood over him doing nothing until Thor knocked him away. Thats not manhandling, or evidence of superiority in my book.

NOBODY that Sentry was fighting was able to inflict ANY damage in that last encounter until they were powered by the Norn Stones. So again, I'm saying ANY way you interpret this there is no scenario where it was intended in the story that Thor killed Sentry by himself under his own power. Either the Norn Stones wore him down, or Thor has become powerful enough with the use of Norn Magic to kill him, or the when he grabbed Thor he wasn't at full power because he was still making the full transformation from Bob back into the Void, there are alot of ways you can interpret it but Thor killing him under his own power ISN'T one of those and bringing up random instances of PIS and inconsistent writing doesn't change that.

I'm not going to write off Thor's high showings from throughout his career as PIS - thats a philosophy of this site I dont buy into at all. But in this instance it seemed that Sentry died because he wanted to. Kind of like what The Void said when Bob tried to kill himself in the sun - it wasnt going to work because he didnt really want it yet.

#50 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

@fifthchild said:

They are pretty inconsistent.

Still the best evidence that Thor didnt really just up and kill Sentry, apart from everything Bendis has said on the subject, is that there is a clear look of surprise/shock on Thor's face when we see Bob's corpse after that final blow.

Its a little subtle but Copiel uses three parallel "expression lines" to indicate shock. It happens consistently at other times during Siege when a character is surprised and they can be seen above Thor's head when Bob suddenly just dies after nothing had been slowing him down previously.

Most characters have enough CONSISTENT showings that we can figure out what a character is able to do on average. That's how we know what is and is not written well as far as how a characters powers & abilities are depicted.

@fifthchild said:

I dont think Thor manhandled Sentry earlier on. Sentry drove him into the dirt and then passively stood over him doing nothing until Thor knocked him away. Thats not manhandling, or evidence of superiority in my book.

When Thor hit Sentry we didn't see him for the rest of the issue. Which leads me to assume he was KO'd. He couldn't have hit him so far that he couldn't come back because Sentry flies at great speed. That looks like superiority to me. Also I don't remember Sentry"standing over Thor doing nothing", Thor got knocked into the dirt and when he looked up Sentry was coming to attack him again, Thor just hit him first.

@fifthchild said:

I'm not going to write off Thor's high showings from throughout his career as PIS - thats a philosophy of this site I dont buy into at all. But in this instance it seemed that Sentry died because he wanted to. Kind of like what The Void said when Bob tried to kill himself in the sun - it wasnt going to work because he didnt really want it yet.

I don't think it was PIS either. I think that there are number of ways you could interpret how Thor was able to kill the Void, none of those ways come to Thor being capable of beating the Void on his own. It's not like he was waiting for an opening if he had a powerful thunderbolt in his arsenal capable of killing the Void he let it get WAY out of hand before using it. That doesn't make sense especially considering what was on the line if he lost that fight. Not to mention THAT would be PIS.

Moderator