So I was wondering

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spambot

I used to collect Thor a long time ago(started back when Simonson was still on the book) then decided to stop collecting comics altogether in the early 90's but now I've decided to get reacquainted with Thor and buy a bunch of Thor titles for Christmas. I'm getting all the Simonson stuff and the God of Thunder books so far but was wondering what else over the last 20 years people would highly recommend. I'd prefer volumes or novels at this point since I don't have a good way to store regular comics and don't want to worry about keeping them in good condition. Stories which just involve Thor but where he isn't the main focal point would also work.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you read any of Thor: God of Thunder?

Beata

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: I already stated I was going to get all of those above but thx for the reply. I saw the 4th one is coming out in Dec.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Volume 2 of Thor was excellent. It was written almost exclusively by Dan Jurgens and ended with the classic "Thor: Disassembled" arc by Oeming. Jurgens' really crafted a brilliant run for Thor lasting around 70+ issues. Lots of action and plenty of plot development. Probably the last truly "classic" run on the character. I put it behind the legendary Stan Lee and Walt Simonson runs. Marvel should really put it in Omnibus format.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers