Respect Thor The Mightiest Avenger
Well this is going to be my new Thor respect thread, not much to say other than don't obviously disrespect Thor on this thread as it's to respect him, not bash him. I'm also going to try and post the feats that are more recent instead of ones from long ago. That's all, enjoy Thor fans, and everyone else who places their eyes upon this thread!
Being a god, Thor can do things other beings cannot, and he gets respect from other beings because of his divinity
1.The result of Thor and Zephyr (wind goddess) kissing was stated to nearly split the planet in two. I think it was a bit of an exaggeration, but when you have two insanely powerful gods with great potential doing things like kissing, there can be consequences.
2. Spider-Man tells Spider-Girl you will always be in over your head, unless your Thor
3. Deadpool knows not to fight a god (He even asks Thor for his autograph, which other hero has he asked that?)
Thor holds back a lot when on earth due to the fact that their are so few that can handle his power. Here are some examples of this.
1. Wasp and Captain America talking about how Thor holds back and only uses a third of his power. They couldn't beat a version of Thor who was more ruthless, but far less powerful.
2. Thor shows his restraint against Gogg, shows the difference in his power between him holding back and him not
3. Holds back on the Wrecking Crew
4. Holds back on women
5. Holds back on a Demigod
Being the son of two insanely powerful gods ( Skyfather Odin and Elder Goddess Gaea ), Thor posses physical strength on a level which is equaled by a few, and surpassed by even less.
1. Thor casually flips over Fanfir with ease
2. Easily catches and lands a plane
3. Thor is able to easily lift the largest mountain in all of Jountehiem with what seems to be ease, and than he tosses it like it's nothing. What also makes this impressive is the fact that he had to bring the mountain all the way from Jountehiem to earth, which is a long journey, and he carried it to earth with ease
4. Thor easily lifts his own castle from Asgard and places it in Broxton. Thor has one of the, if not the biggest castles in Asgard
5. One of Laufey's (King of the Frost Giants) sons try to strike Thor with a giant sledge hammer, Thor blocks it with one hand
6. Thor easily catches a punch from Thing (Ben's fist crumbles a bit when Thor grabs it)
7. Thor catches Malekith's sword easily with one hand
Striking Force By Hammer Strike
Thor's striking force is pretty high without the use of Mjolnir, but with it nothing can match the sheer force Mjolnir strikes with. Thor pulls his strikes quite a lot because he knows how powerful he is compared to most, so his striking force can vary a lot depending on him.
1. A single strike from Thor has sent the Hulk hurling into a dam
2. Thor obliterates Tanarus (an amped version of Ulik with a Mjolnir like weapon) with a hammer strike. Tanarus's body is completed obliterated and a skull is only left afterwards
3. A younger version of Thor seemingly hits Gorr quite a far distance
4. Thor easily smashes apart Death Seed Sentry's face, although it easily reforms
5. Potentially the best of all Thor's striking feats in more current years. Thor strikes Gorr repeatedly to the point the moon they are standing under is falling apart, and looks to be about to burst open, but the feat doesn't end there. The strikes don't seem to be only effecting the moon under them, but a moon far off in the distance which seems to be cracking apart too. People believe that Thor was only destroying one world, but the narattion even states "The shattering of worlds around him", which means more than one, which is shown in the scan. (I say world because one moons can be bigger than planets, they range in size, and second the fact that the moon far away from Thor is described as being inhabited ).
6.Thor smashes a Builders head
7. Even as a teenager Thor could strike powerful blows on trolls
8. Thor tanks a bull-rush from Sentry, and strikes back with a powerful blow which sends the Sentry hurling
9. Thor & Balder talk about how Thor almost killed Hulk with his hammer strike(s) in the past
10. Thor strikes Nul (an amplified version of Hulk with a Mjolnir like weapon) so hard with a lightning amplified strike he goes into outer space and crashes somewhere else on the planet
11. Thor strikes Phoenix Force Emma Frost through many floors
12. Thor breaks Things arm completely off and breaks his jaw
13. Slaps around Colossus easily (Doesn't seem to be trying)
14. Thor hits a small asteroid through Glory's hand
15. Thor destroys Agger's submarines
Striking Power By Hammer Throw
Although Thor strikes hard with Mjolnir, he can strike just as hard by just throwing the hammer at it's target.
1. Thor's hit the Phoenix Force so hard with by throwing Mjolnir, it was surprisingly knocked out.
Here is what the writer of this incident had to say.
2. Here we have Thor easily kill a version of Thing ( amped version with a Mjolnir like weapon ), by simply having Mjolnir go through his body. This is the same Angrir who defeated Rulk without much trouble previously.
3. A hammer throw from Thor was capable of splitting a mile half aircraft in half
4. Thor's knocked out the physical embodiment of strength on earth with a hammer hammer throw
5. Thor throws the hammer into space which flies around the sun, comes back and straight through a Builder'
6. Storm stating how hard and powerful Thor throws Mjolnir. She even says it punches through steel and concrete as easily as air. Some other things too.
7. Spider-Man webs Mjolnir, so Thor simply tosses it into space with Spider-Man holding onto it
Thor sometimes flies at great speeds at his opponents
1. Thor flies through Glory's chest at fast speeds
2. Thor greatly hurts Galactus by flying into his head, breaking his helmet
Thor's Striking Force By Fist
It's commonly believed by people that Thor does not have the physicals or striking force to fight high tiers without Mjolnir, which is extremely wrong. Thor's striking feats without Mjolnir are up there with the heavy hitters.
1. Thor was able to punch an undead Asgardian warrior into space with ease. I would believe this one was more powerful than the usual as seeing by how he was capable of choking Thor a bit.
2. Thor shows off his insane striking force by punching a being (Agger) he describes as having "the strength of the Hulk" so hard that he flies all the way from Asgard to the city below. ( Agger is seemingly unconscious or close to it )
3. Thor punches Makekith with a lightning punch which causes him to bleed a little, and another which sends him hurling to the streets ( they were downstairs in an undercover shop )
4. Sends Captain Britain hurling with a punch
5. Thor beats Fenris The Wolf and Loki so hard and fast his hands smoke up
Being the god of thunder and basically storms he is capable of controlling every form of weather.
1. A young Thor calls down a lightning bolt to strike Gorr The God Butcher
2. Thor summons down multiple lightning bolts on the Skrulls during Secret Invasion
3. A young Thor makes it rain fire
4. Thor summons winds from 1000 worlds
5. An angry Thor strikes Wolverine with a bolt of lightning
6. An angry Thor fries Daken with a lightning bolt
7. Thor summons up lightning on the Void
8/9. Thor calls down lightning on himself and the king of trolls/ He also makes it rain
10. Thor destroys half of a mile wide aircraft with a bolt of lightning
11. Thor's lighting have been able to block a energy beam that was capable of ripping the planet apart
12. A mind controlled Thor breaks the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak with a lightning bolt, also sends all the other heroes flying
13. Thor in a contests of strength finds himself helpless against Hercules head lock, (Hercules is the better fighter), so he summons a single bolt of lightning which sends great pain to Hercules
14. Brings rain to a dead world, after he hears a prayer
15. Thor lands the X-Men jet with a whirlwind, and does not injure one being upon it
16. Thor summons a massive storm against Hulk when enraged and puts many civilians in trouble
17. Thor hurts Hela (Asgardian god of death) with lightning bolts
18. Thor calls down lightning on Roxxon facilities, Roxxon and co register it as a "superstorm". He costs them 400 million damage in that specific location and much more throughout the world
19. Manipulate a demigods wind
Thor can do more with his lightning than call down it or amplify his hammer strikes with it
1. Thor unleashes a blast lighting on a horde of Glory's lackery, he does this all around himself
2. A lightning blast battle between Thor and Ragnarok shows who's lightning is more powerful, Thor easily proves he's more powerful
3. Thor can emit lightning throughout his whole body, it even comes from his eyes
4. Thor can release enormous blasts of lightning
5. Thor uses lightning to merge Mjolnir back together after Perkius the dark god slices it in two
6. Thor and Malekith are countering each other, lightning against a magic blast, in-which Thor's lighting wins
7. Using a lightning blast on the Phoenix Force
Although Thor can control the weather, he can also unleash energy blasts
1. Thor emits a blast of energy against horde of creatures
2. Thor blasts Kang with an energy blasts that sends him hurling through the building their in, and quite some distance
3. Thor unleashes a wave on energy against the horsemen of Apocalypse (The horsemen were Spider-Man, Nor-Var, Wolverine, and Spider-Woman)
4. Thor unleashes a blast of energy to put a hole in a metal door
5. Thor fires a blast of energy at Perkius the dark god
After accepting Gaea as his mother, Thor is shown to be able to manipulate the earth just like his mother did
1. Thor uses his earth manipulation to make a giant chasm to split two nations from each other
2. After striking Gorr so hard a distant moon (that's inhabited) begins to crack apart, so Thor flies over there and uses his lightning and earth manipulation to mend it back together
Durability From Physical Damage
Not only can Thor dish out devastating physical strikes, he can also tank them.
1. Thor is bull-rushed by Sentry with an an energy punch, in-which Thor gets up quickly and hits him away
2. Thor tanks a hefty punch from Thanos
3. Multiple Mjolnir like weapons clash together, and when the explosion caused from them hitting is gone, only Thor is still standing
4. Thor tanks a punch and being smashed into the ground by Death Seed Sentry
5. Sentry bull-rushes Thor at many times the speed of light through space, and smashes him into a distant planet
6. Thor tanks a punch from Sentry which is felt across the planet their on
7. Thor survives being squeezed by Glory who is extremely big (First scan is Glory's size, second scan is him squeezing Thor)
Durability From Energy Based Damage
Same can be said in the form of energy
1. Thor was capable of tanking multiple blasts of Anti-Matter from Electro who was greatly amplified
2. A mind controlled Thor tanks multiple blasts from Scarlet Witch and Havok which had little effect on him, in-which the Scarlet Witch had to BFR him
3. Thor tanks a cosmic blast from an angry Silver Surfer. He not only tanks it but seems to have not been really effected by it, not to mention Thor was already damaged by the World Tree and has a rainbow wound that greatly hurts him at the right side of his gut.
4. Thor tanks Thanos's eye beam
5. Thor is the closest to Thanos when he releases his energy, yet he isn't too badly damaged by it
6. Thor tanks a blast from a Thanos clone which was ripping apart the planet
7. Thor tanks a direct blast from the Starbrand (It was capable of blocking Hyperion's heat vision, messing up Iron Man's amour, and scrapping paint off of Captain America's shield without it touching them)
8. A holocaust bomb from Kang The Conquer does more damage to Wonder Man than it does Thor
9. Tanks a blast from the Phoenix Force
Piercing Damage Durability
Thor can take plenty of weapons that would easily slice through most or go deeper into their flesh
1. Perkius the dark god slashes Thor and fires darts that pierce his skin, Thor tanks it and follows it up with a energy blast (The weapon used to cut Thor here was capable of slicing Mjolnir in two)
2. Glory's insects bite through Thor's flesh, although he takes the punishment
Being of divine origin, Thor has great telepathy resistance
1.Thor easily resists a telepathic assault from Phoenix Force Emma Frost
2. Thor is assaulted by Glory's laughter mentally, yet he goes through it and straight through Glory's chest
3. Again, but this time Glory's insects which attack Thor's psyche
4. The Corrupter tries to mentally control Thor again after Nova knocks him back to his senses, but this time Thor is prepared and resists it
Thor is capable of absorbing various forms of energy
1. Thor drains Kangs energy from within him, and fires it back at him 10 fold
2. Glory, a being who is said by the writer of the comic, stated that he equaled a pissed off Odin. Thor absorbs Glory's blast and fires it back at him
Thor is capable of opening portals to various dimensions
1. Thor can easily open portals
2. Thor opens a portal to the dark matter fields (which is on the outskirts of existence) send the Phoenix Force's energies
3. Thor teleported Wasp to the Microverse in Secret Invasion when she had become a bomb
4. Thor teleports everyone from a shield hell-carrier to a Football stadium without them knowing
5. By vibrating the piece of Mjolnir Thor gave to SHIELD, the machine can open a portal to any point in the entire Space/Time continuum, further demonstrating how vast the hammer's teleporation capabilities are
6. Thor opens a portal to some extremely hot place(or maybe a powerful form of energy?), and pushes Uriel through it (You can tell this place is extremely hot (or maybe a powerful form of energy), because Thor's arm is burnt off and he has been capable of going through stars without damage )
7. Thor can trap opponents in a vortex that sends to the Void that exists between all time and space
8. Thor opens a portal to an ocean to let it flow through onto the world he's one which is being destroyed by green gamma lava (He also states he has to be careful, because he can bring forth a star through the portal)