User Lists: 1

Or did we all over react ?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thorson: She hasn't really done anything yet. Thor #001 was mainly about Thor Odinson. Unless she was in something else I didn't read.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The book is worst than i predicted!

Whisper? Basis of this change!

Thor lost an Arm in a stupid Way!

Odin unworthy was P.I.S.

She Thor Identity? She has a mask to make sure that we don't call her by her real name, she needs to be established as the new and only Thor!

I think this book could be the end of the Real Thor (Odinson), marvel didn't mind at all with Thor past in marvel comics, and made a name become a mantle with a stupid whisper, this change was all over the media, campaign's are being made for this change with a wrong gender equality perspective!

Marvel ultimate goal is profit, and if this new book sell well (issue 1 did), Thor Odinson maybe never be worthy again, and all his past in marvel will be erased with a stupid whisper!

Marvel comics doesn't care about Thor character, or his fans, Marvel only thinks in profit!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks said:

The book is worst than i predicted!

Whisper? Basis of this change!

Thor lost an Arm in a stupid Way!

Odin unworthy was P.I.S.

She Thor Identity? She has a mask to make sure that we don't call her by her real name, she needs to be established as the new and only Thor!

I think this book could be the end of the Real Thor (Odinson), marvel didn't mind at all with Thor past in marvel comics, and made a name become a mantle with a stupid whisper, this change was all over the media, campaign's are being made for this change with a wrong gender equality perspective!

Marvel ultimate goal is profit, and if this new book sell well (issue 1 did), Thor Odinson maybe never be worthy again, and all his past in marvel will be erased with a stupid whisper!

Marvel comics doesn't care about Thor character, or his fans, Marvel only thinks in profit!

1. Sorry you feel that way, seemed okay to me. Still leaves a lot of questions there but they have the run to further explore them.

2. We still have zero info on said whisper.

3. I agree a bit. Thor has fought worse, but it's part of the story and was to be expected what with All-Father Thor missing an arm.

4. It's the first issue, it's understandable that wouldn't be explained yet but I have faith it will be. It's a pretty big thing.

5. She hasn't even been Thor yet.

6. I disagree Thor Odinson will be around, he may no longer be the GOD OF THUNDER but he'll be around. (Has been stated multiple times by Jason Aaron)

7. Nothing that came before is being erased it's still there, Thor is just no longer worthy. Though I agree Marvel is trying to make money just like every single company on the face of the planet.

8. Every company does. And of course they care if Thor and his fans, if they stop buying the book and it gets bad reviews it'll revert back.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Ok, i understand your points!

But think in the 2015 "Secret Wars" event, this and other announced events hint a future marvel comics reboot, she can be easily the only Thor after the reboot (she is in secret Wars, unworthy Thor isn't).

I already read many Thor runs and the whisper doesn't fit in his past, in his believes, doesn't he believe in Valhalla anymore? Odin is also unworthy of mjolnir? what that even means to Asgard? How come the creator of Valhalla can be unworthy? PIS (to make sure that Odin didn't take mjolnir to his weapons vault)!

For who usually reads Thor, this was a very forced change so i won't be admired if this will be permanent, the whisper doesn't need a proper justification, (there isn't one), and the new book doesn't need to be good, because the press and critics will always applaud marvel with this change, because she is female!

Nothing against female lead but i prefer original characters like Sif or even Angela her new book looks awesome, and the writer is Kieron Gillen!

From marvel at the moment i only thrust in the MCU and Kevin Feige!

Milokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there weren't any change we'd have stagnation, and male Thor is going to continue to develop and grow from this. Mavel isn't going to abandon him. In fact it makes me far more interested in the character; I'm really looking forward to seeing what an unworthy Thor goes through and how he adapts. This whole situation has made me actually want to read his comics, something I've never wanted to do before.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When does Thor #2 come out, I want to see how well female Thor fights, more importantly,I want to see if she has strength around the same level of original Thor.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThunderingThorFan

@milokill: as has already been stated multiple times before friend, this story is not new. If now you're interested, it must be because of the media hype over the woman because this type of story has been done to no end every 5 to 10 yrs and NOTHING ever comes of it. Thor is humiliated. Gets his hammer back eventually. It moves on til he's unworthy again. There will be no character development for thor. So don't get too excited. This is just pedaling some lame nobody character into being the first person to make "thor" a title instead of the name that it is so that in the future Marvel can continue to dilute and wreck Thor by giving his name to other nobody's for the sake of PC. What next? Black or Latino thor? I mean since the origin and sex of the name mean nothing, why should the history of where the character originates matter?! Still can't fathom the idiocy of alleging "Thor" is a title by Aaron and people supporting this claim. That just shoots his credibility right out the door. He can lie all he wants about his "worthiness" theme being present throughout GoT if he likes (which got resolved with young Thor). But nowhere, in that run, was there ever a parallel theme of passing on the "title".

BTW- to anyone who may want to argue this: BRB and other wielders of hammers can't be used as an out. All have their own look, name, and yes, their own hammers which miraculously say nothing about possessing the power of Thor. (Eric Masterson had a different storyline so he did actually physically possess Thor's body). Because they don't. Having a variation of the power doesn't make you the original. In this new case, the poser is trying to steal the name and the look. Not to mention the actual hammer.

Milokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Milokill

@thunderingthorfan: "In this new case, the poser is trying to steal the name and the look. Not to mention the actual hammer."

This makes it sound like this situation is new for male Thor. Is it new?

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milokill: it's not necesarily new. Red Norvell was once given the name for like 2 issues I believe just for him to be killed in thor's stead by the world serpent. The only thing new is what makes no sense: a woman taking a MALE name as a title. Which is ridiculous no matter how they try to spin it! If my name is Joe and I lose my mind and thus can't work anymore, that doesn't all of a sudden entitle a woman (or anyone else for that matter) to come in and take my position at work stating: "I'm the new Joe!" And then be called that. You are Mary and you have joes duties now. That's fine. As said before, thor is not a title. Beta Ray Thor doesn't count as you see it's "beta ray" still before thor. Red norvell was a sacrifice so it was a red herring for the enemy. And the only qualifying substitution would be Eric Masterson who actually transformed into the actual Thor's body when thor was banished to hell by Odin for killing Loki. Later on they were split and both had to fight for wielding the hammer. So no. It's not new. But back in those old stories it made sense because of the build up. This whisper thing was conjured up at marvels behest to justify shoe horning in a PC statement at Thor's expense. I bet you right now they're still trying to come up with what the whisper actually is.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all about how you feel about these changes conceptually. So apparently Nick Fury knows a secret that prevents Mjolnir from being used by both Thor (whose life force is bonded to it, but that's being ignored) and Odin (he who placed the worthiness enchantment on the hammer). Suddenly a mysterious (possibly human) woman shows up with Asgardian armor and effortlessly able to wield Mjolnir, and will apparently be named Thor. I think Aaron is a good writer and I loved the first 24 issues of God of Thunder, but I just wasn't at all interested in this new direction for the character conceptually therefore I'm abstaining from the new relaunch. As much as Aaron professes this was in the works from the beginning, I think he had an idea for Thor to lose his worthiness to wield the hammer, but then editorial came up with the idea to have a woman pick up the hammer (and be called Thor) for PR reasons. This sudden rapid deconstruction of the protagonist reeks of Bendis-fication.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor gets held down by 1 literally 1 f*cking frost giant....why...wtf....how......i know he is supposed to be exhausted but come on.....1 frost giant effortlessly holds thor down, and then they dont go and finish thor off..they just say "o hes dead duhhhhh"

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: COULD NOT HAVE SAID THAT LAST PART BETTER MYSELF!!!

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand (though not necessarily agree) with some of the arguments presented here, but the "male name" aspect is very stuck in gender roles. A lot of people really freak out and get upset when their gender roles worldview is challenged. I know quite a few people who're past all that, but most people still need to cling to them, for whatever reason.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

again, as i said before: the arm is cool, make a link and tell the story of why the destroyer arm of OKT. Yeah Thor is able to rip off the arm of the giant, however he was weakened in a spiritual and physically level... so it's comprensible that he didnt fought well. the only shitty stuff was odin acting like a baby and his unworthiness. The real question of the topic is about the woman Thor, and for me, yes she sucks because she is not Thor point. the unworthy thing is cool because at the end Thor will be worthy again and maybe he is now but there is some hidden background that will revealed to us in the future. the comic is good, the art is good, the story is good but there are some missing things and for the record i think that was Nick Fury whisper was the same thing that OKT whisper to mjolnir before he fought Big G.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, Red Norvell, Thor Girl, Ragnarok, Tanarus and now the new one. It isnt new at all. Unworthy isnt new either (king Thor run?) I just want thor to be thor for once and not have to deal with this or being dead half the time, and unfortunately his bud hercules doesnt have it any better.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150 said:

Thor gets held down by 1 literally 1 f*cking frost giant....why...wtf....how......i know he is supposed to be exhausted but come on.....1 frost giant effortlessly holds thor down, and then they dont go and finish thor off..they just say "o hes dead duhhhhh"

Um how do you know it's just one? There were like a dozen Frost Giants at the facility and all you see is two hands holding Thor. It could have been one or it could have been two, either way it wasn't exactly confirmed.

YEDKOWT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consistency buster.

Go back read fear itself#1 Odin stated that he gave Thor the hammer then he can get it back but in Thor#1 even Odin couldn't lift Mjolnir.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Zarathos022

No. It's even worse.

BrandonJimkern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By BrandonJimkern

No, its even worse than we imagined. She-Thor already sucks. Marvel expects us to call this new character we've never seen before nor have any form of connection with the new God of Thunder. Well guess what: IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! Why because:

1. Unlike Captain America, The Flash, Captain Marvel, or Ant-Man, Thor is not a title that you can give to someone else to do the job. Thor is a name of a character. It'd be like if another character in Star Wars literally becomes the new Han Solo or Luke Skywalker. That would piss off all the fans and this is no exception. You have to actually be Thor, not simply be able to wield Mjolnir

2. With those previous heroes, the characters who took the titles had a long association with the original for some time. Look at Wally West. For years, he was the sidekick and friend of the Flash. So when Barry Allen died, it made sense that he became the new Flash. Even Sam Wilson/Falcon was associated with Captain America for years before the announcement that he would be the new Captain America. But this new female "Thor", we have no connection with her nor do we even know who she is. Even Thor doesn't know who she is. Making a character mysterious does not make her interesting, especially since Thor is not a character that has a very mysterious side.

3. Thor IS NOT DEAD, or in any way unable to fight and do his job, so it doesn't really make sense why someone else should take his place. The only reason he is unable to lift the Hammer is because Marvel Said So, which is perhaps the worst reason for just about anything. Batman actually requested Jean-Paul Valley to be Batman for some time while his back was broken, but Thor has no condition that makes him unable to be a superhero, nor did he request someone to do his job for him.

4. Even if you want to introduce a new version of a character, you NEVER show her in the very last panel of the first issue. If we don't have a taste of what she can do, then we don't see why she deserves in any way to be the new God of Thunder. Even if she does something awesome in the second issue, it will likely be pretty underwhelming since we were disappointed and generally unimpressed with the first issue.

I really hate that Marvel made an unknown female character Thor and expects us to back it. Its a bad idea that will likely cause a lot of problems over the next few years. I believe they should give back Thor his Hammer and Series to return to the Status Quo, because that is the Thor we all know and love.

P.S: It actually might be interesting and make a good story if in a plot twist we learn that this Woman wielding Thor's Hammer was actually a villain the whole time and is the reason why Thor couldn't lift his hammer in the first place.

Mjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she is Jane Foster or Roz like issue 2 suggest (human thoughts after picking mjolnir) this is the worst thing that marvel ever done with Thor!

But ok i already hate the human characters in Thor movies so i will also hate this characters is Thor comics!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's only been one issue and she hasn't even made an appearance -_____-

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. The first issue was pretty silly and the preview for the second issue makes female Thor look silly as well. Kind of upsetting that Thor's series was canceled for this.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The comic is pretty good actually if y'all can get past the fanboy rage.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind female Thor, i like the whole inner dialogue thing, i only have a couple problems; using the name Thor as if it was a title, making Thor seem so useless without mjolnir, and that weird face they keep drawing for him.

A theory i had while reading axis 4 today was that they needed Thor to not have mjolnir during this whole "inversion" since he is becoming evil like most other heroes, and becoming evil he'd lose mjolnir then they'd have to deal with that in the middle of the axis storyline. Sooo, they decided to use it as a chance to do some "diversity" stuff. Just think about it.

The big three are all changed, Cap is now Falcon, so the cap we know and love who is supposed to be this great guy isnt being tainted, its falcon being evil now. Thor is unworthy so mjolnir keeps the worthiness thing and they had a chance to add some diversity, and then theres stark who they never have a problem making look like a douche because thats just how he is.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: lol. Doesn't really matter friend. Josephine is still not, and will NEVER be "Joe" who in my example is male. Done. You may share a name. You don't share who you are.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@thunderingthorfan: What if that the co worker is actually an alternate personality, like Tyler Durden ........

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milokill:

There is no such thing as a "gender role". The way men and women act and react to the world around them is biologically determined via x and y chromosomes, as well as ratio of male and female hormones. The concept of "gender role" was espoused by leftist sociologists with no empirical data backing their theory.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading Thor #2..eh I still don't know what to think.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read any Thor outside of the new female version (although I have seen the movies) so I'm not all that familiar with the character. I do however read a lot of comics and I know when something's good and I know when something's bad. In my opinion, the new Thor is good. It's well written and it's an interesting concept - I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Thor copes WITHOUT Mjolnir as well as how the new woman copes WITH it. We haven't seen much yet, but I enjoyed the first issue enough, and I really liked issue 2, thought it was a great introduction to the character, although we still don't know her name which makes it difficult to know what to call her - "female Thor" is a bit of a pain to keep saying.

On the other side of it, my best friend is a huge Thor fan, he's been reading Thor for years and has every issue from the character's creation to just before Marvel NOW! started across downloads, omnibuses, trades and singles (although he hasn't read them all yet of course). He read the first issue of the new Thor and he totally dug it too, he liked where it was going and was interested to see what happened next. He has absolutely no feeling of "what the hell are Marvel doing?" about this, he's happy to see it run its course, however long that may be.

So really, what's the problem? Weren't people saying the exact same thing about Superior Spider-Man not so long ago?

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: The problem is that your friend is not the rest of us. If he likes it great. I'm a massive Thor fan. I have most of the books and figures, statues, clothes, caps....you name it. Just because he likes it doesn't mean I should. That's why its a free country. He obviously doesn't mind Thor being humiliated for a pointless story that won't even be referred to in a few years time. That's good for him. I, for one, and others like me, are done with this crap. Bring back thor and kill this loser. That is all.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: But you're not explaining why it's bad. In what way is Thor being humiliated? What makes the story pointless? What makes the female Thor a loser?

And I wasn't saying that you have to like it, I was just saying that if somebody who knows very little about Thor likes it, and somebody who knows a ton about Thor likes it, then can it really be the huge travesty that you claim it is? If it's appealing to a wide market of both hardcore fans and new ones then can it really be that awful?

If you don't like it, that's fine, as you said, you don't have to. But the way you're talking about it is as if the head of Marvel has knocked on your door, walked into your house and burned all of your Thor stuff and then proceeded to kick you in the face a few times. I really don't see why you're so upset, especially since you said yourself that this whole thing "won't even be referred to in a few years." So surely it can't be that big a deal?

All I can really say is to vote with your wallet. Don't like it? Don't buy it. If sales drop the story will end and Thor will get Mjolnir back. If sales stay high, then you'll be in the minority in not liking it and it'll stick around a while longer, but in the end we all know things will still go back to how they were.

But getting at it as if Marvel have done something disgusting and unforgivable is the wrong way of looking at it. Really, at the end of the day it's just a comic book storyline, nothing to freak out about.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, I'm not going to buy it. Give it a few years and maybe I'll grab it from the quarter boxes at the comic shows. The current marvel stuff isn't worth full price.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TimeLordScience
Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zarathos022

@minisaladfresh:

"In what way was Thor humiliated?":

He was screwed out of both his hammer and his name and was depowered to the point where he couldn't fight off a frost giant (Something he could previously dispatch with ease) without being quickly overpowered. To make matters worse, he had his arm amputated with his own weapon and was left for dead. Not to mention that the only reason that Aaron has seen fit to keep him around is to serve as a punching bag. A stooge to make the impostor look good

And to answer your other two questions: The story is basically trying to promote a female counterpart at the expense of an existing (and classic) male hero when the Marvel Universe has its fair share of existing female heroes with their own power (Storm, Scarlet Witch, both versions of Ms. Marvel, etc.). It could basically be called "Single White Thor" with the impostor trying to basically assimilate every aspect of Thor's life: wielding his power, fighting his enemies, living his life.

To reword a phrase from Captain America: A female wannabe with Thor's hammer. Take that away and what is she?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MiniSaladFresh

@zarathos022: I'm fairly confident that the whole point of Thor being defeated so easily is to show his reliance on Mjolnir. I'll bet the direction it's going is that Thor has to adjust to life without the hammer - obviously he's not going to be at his best straight after losing one of the most powerful weapons in existence, especially when he's relied on it for so long. I'm a little worried that you're not seeing this from a story-telling standpoint. Sure if this was real life it might be something to be upset about, but when you know that this is obviously serving a purpose to the comic, making Thor a better person in his own right etc. I still don't see what there is to be upset about.

Jason Aaron is obviously not just sitting at his desk thinking "lol I'm gonna ruin Thor so good hahahahaha" he's clearly building to something. Need I remind you that this is the guy many are saying has been writing the best Thor in years? The same guy who wrote the critically acclaimed God Butcher storyline? He obviously knows what he's doing, it seems a little unreasonable to read one issue and say it's awful and is destroying the character.

And as for the answer to your "take that away and what is she?" question: we don't know yet. We don't even know her name yet. She could be ANYONE. She may be kinda lame sure, but she could just as easily be 100% pure badass. We're two issues in, we don't know anything yet.

This story may yet turn out to be crap, but two issues in I can see absolutely no reason to simply assume that it will be, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like you had already decided you hated this before it happened.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cresShadow

@minisaladfresh:

"In what way was Thor humiliated?":

He was screwed out of both his hammer and his name and was depowered to the point where he couldn't fight off a frost giant (Something he could previously dispatch with ease) without being quickly overpowered. To make matters worse, he had his arm amputated with his own weapon and was left for dead. Not to mention that the only reason that Aaron has seen fit to keep him around is to serve as a punching bag. A stooge to make the impostor look good

And to answer your other two questions: The story is basically trying to promote a female counterpart at the expense of an existing (and classic) male hero when the Marvel Universe has its fair share of existing female heroes with their own power (Storm, Scarlet Witch, both versions of Ms. Marvel, etc.). It could basically be called "Single White Thor" with the impostor trying to basically assimilate every aspect of Thor's life: wielding his power, fighting his enemies, living his life.

To reword a phrase from Captain America: A female wannabe with Thor's hammer. Take that away and what is she?

he still has his name. this girl going by the name "thor" is just a PR thing. not for us but for the marvel public because to them for all intents and purpose, she IS thor. this also isnt the first time this happened. everyone seemed fine when eric masterson tookover as "thor" but god forbid a girl doing it who is clearly a badass on her first day. thor wasnt "depowered" as if the hammer took away his strength either. if you read the story again when the asgardians were with thor on the moon, thor's mom clearly states....

No Caption Provided

thor couldnt help what happened to him and his hammer but that whole thing with the frost giants was all on him. he was starved and tired fighting angry with no plan other than swing at anything that wasnt human and he lost dearly. that had nothing to do with mjolnir or the girl. "the only reason that Aaron has seen fit to keep him around is to serve as a punching bag. A stooge to make the impostor look good" how do you know that? how could you POSSIBLY know that? do you have access to all the thor issue that didnt come out yet? did jason aaron personally tell you that? because if not then you dont know that and are only saying that out of fear. she doesnt need thor to look bad to make herself look good. because jason made it clear he can make both look awesome. he also made it clear that thor really donest need the hammer at all when it comes to thunder powers. the difference between him and her outside of gender is how they will approach a fight, thor being unable to fly but the girl can, and the girl has access to mjolnir specific powers like antimatter blast and so on. there's not enough shown to support or boycott this current story but SO FAR, personally speaking and any rational reader could agree, it's off to a good start and I will continue to read about this girl and thor until I find reason not to. until then, calm down.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow:

Well to be honest I never really cared for Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, or anyone who tried to pass themselves off as Thor.

And further more how will you knowthat Aaron won't turn Thor into a punching bag. He may have said that Thor doesn't need the hammer. But he sure as hell hasn't done anything to prove it.

And until he does, I see no reason to even sully my hands with what he's trying to pass off as a comic. I'm honestly fed up with seeing heroes either weakened or killed off. The poser may have his hammer, but to me, she is not Thor. Never was and never will be. Deal with it.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minisaladfresh: Thanks zarathos! Now i have something to add:

First: in no way does this story add anything to Thors mythos since it's not him and it's already been seen to be a forgotten story in the future in the book itself. So then, why are we forced to read it? It obviously doesn't matter since the girls of thunder never knew it. If it was an integral piece all of Asgard and the universe really would know because thor is THAT important! That's how I know she's worthless and a loser.

To the other points, this story has been done so many times and Thor NEVER IS ALLOWED TO EVOLVE. Done. Look at how the loser automatically beats up the frost Giants with their own club. Had it been Thor they would made him get beat as in exhibit A: when he got restrained by a frost giant and got his arm cut off! No matter how depressed or "weak" he was everybody knows Thor would have body slammed that giant onto malekiths a$$. No excuses.

Then your point about aaron not sitting around thinking about doing bad things to thor. Umm....he already did them! Look at how he refers to Thor in his interviews about the new loser. "The Other Guy" will still be around. "She does things with the hammer the other guy never did." "The old guy will pop in here and there but this story is about her." Wth is that?! He doesn't command your respect now you hack???!!! He clearly doesn't respect thor. And that last comment he made contradicts what he said to Oscar Nunez in the letters page. It's not the same story because Aaron said its her story now. Therefore it's not Thor's story and thus they aren't linked because they'd have to be one and the same person for her story to affect him at all. Since they're not the same person there you go: new irrelevant story. Further, as Zarathos said, aaron kept thor around as a punching bag to show how the loser is better. And he's no fool either. He keeps him their to keep the sales stable. When they start to fall in comes Thor for a guest appearance in his own book to get his fans to buy it. BS. Not me. I'm still holding on to Avengers just for Thor. The moment something happens to him where he doesn't destroy a villain all on his own and gets beaten I'm done with that too. Thinking about it, no wonder I have so much extra money. Lol. From about 25 titles a month (including the double shipping) to 5! Just because of this gimmick. Maybe I should be happy since most of new Marvel stories are worthless.

Lastly, I don't care about the storytelling angle of THOR is not front and center of it. Thor should be the star. She should be what she is, a stand in that does what she is told by the hammer until Thor takes it back. I don't care about her, her life, her story or her existence. Hopefully Odin gets some major heavy hitters to beat the tar out of her in issue #5 as its solicited. It's wishful thinking really because since its not thor, aaron will make sure that she'll still win. But, as long as I see her at least suffer a little, I'll feel ALOT better.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cresShadow

@minisaladfresh: Thanks zarathos! Now i have something to add:

First: in no way does this story add anything to Thors mythos since it's not him and it's already been seen to be a forgotten story in the future in the book itself. So then, why are we forced to read it? It obviously doesn't matter since the girls of thunder never knew it. If it was an integral piece all of Asgard and the universe really would know because thor is THAT important! That's how I know she's worthless and a loser.

To the other points, this story has been done so many times and Thor NEVER IS ALLOWED TO EVOLVE. Done. Look at how the loser automatically beats up the frost Giants with their own club. Had it been Thor they would made him get beat as in exhibit A: when he got restrained by a frost giant and got his arm cut off! No matter how depressed or "weak" he was everybody knows Thor would have body slammed that giant onto malekiths a$$. No excuses.

Then your point about aaron not sitting around thinking about doing bad things to thor. Umm....he already did them! Look at how he refers to Thor in his interviews about the new loser. "The Other Guy" will still be around. "She does things with the hammer the other guy never did." "The old guy will pop in here and there but this story is about her." Wth is that?! He doesn't command your respect now you hack???!!! He clearly doesn't respect thor. And that last comment he made contradicts what he said to Oscar Nunez in the letters page. It's not the same story because Aaron said its her story now. Therefore it's not Thor's story and thus they aren't linked because they'd have to be one and the same person for her story to affect him at all. Since they're not the same person there you go: new irrelevant story. Further, as Zarathos said, aaron kept thor around as a punching bag to show how the loser is better. And he's no fool either. He keeps him their to keep the sales stable. When they start to fall in comes Thor for a guest appearance in his own book to get his fans to buy it. BS. Not me. I'm still holding on to Avengers just for Thor. The moment something happens to him where he doesn't destroy a villain all on his own and gets beaten I'm done with that too. Thinking about it, no wonder I have so much extra money. Lol. From about 25 titles a month (including the double shipping) to 5! Just because of this gimmick. Maybe I should be happy since most of new Marvel stories are worthless.

Lastly, I don't care about the storytelling angle of THOR is not front and center of it. Thor should be the star. She should be what she is, a stand in that does what she is told by the hammer until Thor takes it back. I don't care about her, her life, her story or her existence. Hopefully Odin gets some major heavy hitters to beat the tar out of her in issue #5 as its solicited. It's wishful thinking really because since its not thor, aaron will make sure that she'll still win. But, as long as I see her at least suffer a little, I'll feel ALOT better.

No Caption Provided

you guys are hilarious. in the mean time ill be enjoying this story for now

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milokill said:

If there weren't any change we'd have stagnation, and male Thor is going to continue to develop and grow from this. Mavel isn't going to abandon him. In fact it makes me far more interested in the character; I'm really looking forward to seeing what an unworthy Thor goes through and how he adapts. This whole situation has made me actually want to read his comics, something I've never wanted to do before.

QFT

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: for the love of THOR! "Grow from this?" Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't GoT all about Thor being worthy? That's what I got. Hasn't most of his deep stories been about that?! We're on version 5.0 of that story now.....

So tell me, friend.....what is there for him to grow from? I mean the same story has been done many times now and the end result is the same. So is Mjolnir going to talk to Thor now too because other than that there will be nothing new. And if you're interested now in Thor because of this, then I hate to break it to you but you showed up to the game real late! The story you find so interesting has been done over and over and you would have enjoyed some great thor stories from then til now. But I guess the female aspect is what lured you in then.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: for the love of THOR! "Grow from this?" Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't GoT all about Thor being worthy? That's what I got. Hasn't most of his deep stories been about that?! We're on version 5.0 of that story now.....

So tell me, friend.....what is there for him to grow from? I mean the same story has been done many times now and the end result is the same. So is Mjolnir going to talk to Thor now too because other than that there will be nothing new. And if you're interested now in Thor because of this, then I hate to break it to you but you showed up to the game real late! The story you find so interesting has been done over and over and you would have enjoyed some great thor stories from then til now. But I guess the female aspect is what lured you in then.

Well after reading this let me first point out that this story actually convinced me to go back and read Thor: God of Thunder. I really enjoyed Gorr and the whole scientific marriage with mythology that Jason managed to pull off when he was writing this, and no the Female aspect is not what lured me in. With that being said, this story will once again prove for all of us long time readers and new readers that Thor is Thor with or without his hammer, which is something you can never see too little of my friend. Who knows what could happen after-all this is only the second issue of the series. Kinda unfair to judge the whole point of this when it's barely begun.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I respect your opinion but it's also unfair to give people false hopes of something that we can already see is 80% likely not to happen. But ok. We'll see. Either way I'll never give her any credit or benefit of the doubt. I hate her. Had it been Amora or sif all would be well. Also Thor should be whole with or without the hammer. If anything the hammer should lose power by not being with thor not the other way around. The hammer draws from thor and thor focuses through it. That arm thing bs needs to be retconned ASAP as well.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I respect your opinion but it's also unfair to give people false hopes of something that we can already see is 80% likely not to happen. But ok. We'll see. Either way I'll never give her any credit or benefit of the doubt. I hate her. Had it been Amora or sif all would be well. Also Thor should be whole with or without the hammer. If anything the hammer should lose power by not being with thor not the other way around. The hammer draws from thor and thor focuses through it. That arm thing bs needs to be retconned ASAP as well.

I respect your opinion as well. You make a good point about the hammer loosing it's power and that would be the basis of a great story line. I think Thor looks badass with the metal arm. What do people not like about it, is it the fact that some see it as a plot device to help propel the new Thor or does it contradict Thor's durability feats?

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: the latter. Thor is a god. As such he should at least immediately regrow one from a god level battle not from a sissy elf. And replacement limbs are for humans who lose limbs. I don't want our top gun with a fake arm that can be ripped off.

Also it makes her look like she took his power from him. That's why he's so weak. Otherwise she lost the hammer too. Rip her arm off as well. Y'know?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: the latter. Thor is a god. As such he should at least immediately regrow one from a god level battle not from a sissy elf. And replacement limbs are for humans who lose limbs. I don't want our top gun with a fake arm that can be ripped off.

Also it makes her look like she took his power from him. That's why he's so weak. Otherwise she lost the hammer too. Rip her arm off as well. Y'know?

True. Now for my last question is the arm fashioned from the Destroyer, Uru, Adamantium?

My God bro......LOL I see kinda harsh, but I get the point.

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: y'know im not sure. I know the OKT is the destroyer arm which should be Uru. But the other one he's got now has to be stark tech. It looks too simple and dumb.