Is anyone actually interested to read unworthy Thor's story?

• 74 results
coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pperspectiveandreality: are you sure the arm thing is permanent because in avengers when they are traveling through time there is a unworthy Thor in the future but with both arms

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@coolcat4:

I only suspect it could be permanent because of old king thor having the same missing arm

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's going to be Thor's future granddaughter.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they had what if story books for stuff like that.. What if Thor became a woman....oh no its she Thor....

You know books that cover just about anything.

What if Spiderman was a moose...

Hey watch me pull Thor's hammer out of my hat.....

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Allaric

Nope , I can always read something more interesting , Batman comics , Grendel , Lobo , or Spawn. I'm not going to waste my time reading a story about a seriously confused superhero , plus its a load of crap that Marvel trying to hijack my comic money by putting old Thor in a comic that's about a chik Thor , even while they are saying that they are doing it to appeal to a female demographic .. so being a dude Marvel doesn't care if I buy their Thor comic anyways.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would not have minded a story where Thor falls from grace and loses his worthiness to wield Mjolnir (especially if it meant that Odin returned to All-Father status). But the whole publicity stunt of making the "Thor" name a mantle and having it be a female just sounds like a terrible idea that was spitballed at one of those "summits" and Quesada and Alonso were like "sure why not? lulz!"

Plus the whole thing about him losing his arm is rather dubious since he has historically been mostly invulnerable to pretty much anything and if he ever did get injured he would heal rather quickly. Unless it's some type of magical spell or curse cast upon him it'd be stupid if it was merely "chopped off."

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to agree why change him so much. Why take away from the main hero just to make the female look that much more better. Plus the Axe story line was done in Thunder Strike and Thor himself told him. Do not walk down this road you will not like where it takes you.

So Thor stops taking his own advice?

He picks up a axe and decides to walk a doomed path one he himself told Thunder Strike not to walk. Very bad story telling. Then they ignore story line and put back on the very thing Odin had taken off and that is the curse of giving his powers to somebody else.

This was done so fans and readers never had to deal with this again and yet here we are dealing with this yet again.

Why is the real question , why go through yet another change.

Can they simply not do a good Thor story like most want to see. It is after all called Thor.

Would be like selling a Silver Surfer book and making the main character Thanos only make him a her and then still call her the Silver Surfer yet keep the real surfer slumping in the back ground ashamed he ever held the title Herald of Galactus. Lets just keep him around to brow beat as we create this knew tale of woe is me.

Just how low can they take the comic and just how low do they intend to insult women readers of the current comic whom they feel do not read the comic for Thor the man character but want to read about Thor the female character with identity theft issues.

To sad but time will tell its more a attack on all characters that you love to read about and invest your money in.

If they change this one so much then the gloves come off on all of them.

RayeGunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RayeGunn

@arthurkerr: Why change? because status quo gets boring after a while. Do you want the same story over and over again? Or just a guarantee that everything gets reverted in the end, thus removing the weight of any consequences? Good stories involve change.

I man sure, it may suck, all stories have the potential to be bad. But the changes in and of themselves doesn't guarantee it will be bad. Some of the best stories involve a radical change to the characters or the world they inhabit. If we never allowed major change, we'd have never gotten the Dark Phoenix Saga, for instance. They gave Jean brand new powers, then turned her into a villain that obliterated entire planets, then killed her. But it is one of the most well regarded stories in comics. I get more annoyed when a new status quo gets reverted a couple years later, which is depressingly common in comics. I mean, I can understand if it's widely reviled or something, but more often than not it's clear it's simple nostalgia at work when it comes to pressing the reset button, and it just fuels fan cynicism, no one thinks anything will ever stick, because more often than not it doesn't, and that saddens me. It's part of why I have really enjoyed Loki's story ever since he was resurrected, there is a lot of meta story there that relates to this, and I hope he never reverts back to a villain, because that would just destroy the entire message.

I'm looking forward to it. Aaron's run on Thor has been great, and I can't see why it would start sucking now. From all we have heard, i think it sounds interesting. I am interested to learn how he becomes unworthy, how he loses the arm, how he replaces the arm, (some art shows him with a more traditional prosthetic, but future Thor has the Destroyer's arm, I want to see how that happens. That's got to take some magic to get that working. Does Loki do it for him now that they are all BFFs? I am curious.) I want to see how he deals with losing the hammer on a personal level as well as in a fight, and I want to see how he becomes worthy again, since we know he must, because of the future shown, and what he takes from that. I am less interested in his replacement, though that may change when we learn more about her. but having someone else wield it is more interesting than to just have it sit around waiting for him to come pick it up again. More potential conflict, mystery about her identity, and all that.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By arthurkerr

The problems I see with his run is that he sets examples of his own characters that he himself created thus insuring to get money later on down the line for characters he added to the franchise. However he sets himself up to have power long after he is done writing Thor.

This is not something I wish to see. If he said look I am simply using a character somebody else made , or look here at this it is what was done in this story arc.

No he is saying look to what I did in future are of Thor and if you bite into that cookie well bite into this one and we set up this current one.

Any writer can do that. Any writer can sell you something on what they themselves have placed in a story. This is how you get to buy two bad products for the price of one. Look you get two. But I do not like them. But two , yep bag that up and go on your way. God stuff here trust me. So nobody has to research a story and we find that nobody even notices that Odin removed the Curse from the hammer but for some odd reason its back. its stronger then ever and Thor is unworthy yet again and must use a axe one that he has told another character is something he should not do. When Eric was losing his mind he asked Thor what to do and Thor said this is not the way. So we already had Cloned Thor what else will it be , Clone Thor but not a male but a female. So it is Thor but only a female Thor and she is his clone. Thor is a women clone.

Think of the worse possible answer and it seems to be taking that route.

Hell may as well clone Galactus to or did they do that already.

Lord have mercy on the women that has to carry that baby around.

RayeGunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RayeGunn

@arthurkerr: ... Wait... So you are saying you are against creators, you know, creating, because they get royalties? And that you think this is his primary motivation? Are you SERIOUS? That is absurd. For one, We don't know she ISN'T an existing character, we have no idea who is under that helmet. May be a new character, may be an old one, too soon to say for sure. But IF she is new (which does seem most likely), he has a situation baked right into the story in the form of scenes of King Thor in the future that means it's entirely possible she may never be used again after he leaves. We already KNOW Thor will get the hammer back, and once he does, she will go the way of Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill, with occasional appearances now and then, the number of which likely depends on how well she is received by fans. Could end up with her never appearing again, or she could get her own series, or anything in between, too early to say. But he has no way to force a future writer to use her if they don't want to, even if he DIDN'T have that baked in back door of King Thor. Secondly, royalties for creating characters are intended to entice creators to make new characters, Marvel WANTS them to do that. New characters are a good thing, they help keep the universe fresh and interesting. Where would we be if no new characters were ever created for any of the books? X-Men still just Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren, and Hank. No Nightcrawler or Storm or Gambit or Multiple Man and so on. That really what you want? But anyway, in the end, if you compare them to his page rate, the royalties he gets for TPB's, or the royalties he gets for Scalped or Southern Bastards, which are creator owned, the royalties for character appearances after he leaves are probably pretty paltry in comparison, unless the character becomes wildly popular which, let's face it, is pretty unlikely. I really don't think he's creating characters with money as his primary motivation. The reason she is (probably) a new character is most likely to serve the story, nothing more. An existing character simply may not fit what he has planned, he's actually come right out and said as much in some interviews, and I am willing to take him at his word on that. I mean, what if she dies at the end? What if she's actually evil (though, her being able to pick up the hammer doesn't really jive with that, I'm just saying.) Would you want Valkyrie or whoever to die or go evil if it could be avoided by having her be a new character?

The rest of your post makes very little sense. I am not really sure how to respond, because I am not really sure what you are trying to say, except that the only way writers can 'sell' readers on their story or a character they created is to write good stories, it starts and ends there. If the story is good, people will read it, if it is bad they will drop it (or they should, anyway. Some fans' collector mentality gets in the way, but that's on them) I have read enough of Jason Aaron's work, and specifically his Thor work, that I feel fairly confident I will like the new book as well. I am not going into it just to read about the new female Thor, and if I end up liking her, that's not some trick being played on me, that's them doing a good job.

*edit - ok, I think i get what you are saying now... maybe? Yeah, the story might be bad. It's all in the telling. A good writer can make a ridiculous concept work. I'd read a Galactus clone story written by Grant Morrison, or maybe Warren Ellis. that'd kick ass, most likely. Thor was a frog once, that worked out allright. Crazy premise does not equal bad story. Anyway, just because a story is bad, (and I doubt this will be bad) doesn't mean some good things can't come out of it. I can think of examples of writers taking some lemons (aftermath of a bad story) and making lemonade. Fear Itself was dumb, but had some good things emerge from it, such as Kid Loki. Hell, a lot of 'events' go this way, they tend to be meandering messes with contrived endings, but often the shakeup after the fact produces some good stories. And some of the big shakeup stories are good from beginning to end. Some are awful, but they are usually not anything that won't be undone, if it's really that unpopular. (... usually. exceptions exist, but still) I would rather take the risk that it might suck (and may need to be fixed or swept under the rug later) than to have it be boring and repetitive, the status quo just maintained forever. These characters are resilient, they can bounce back from nearly anything.

As for continuity stuff. enh. Don't care, especially if it happened a long time ago. Continuity is and always will be a mess, there's just too much to keep track of, much of it contradictory, and it's a problem that just keeps getting worse. Good story trumps it. We also don't know yet that it won't be addressed.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rayegunn said:

@arthurkerr: ... Wait... So you are saying you are against creators, you know, creating, because they get royalties? And that you think this is his primary motivation? Are you SERIOUS? That is absurd. For one, We don't know she ISN'T an existing character, we have no idea who is under that helmet. May be a new character, may be an old one, too soon to say for sure. But IF she is new (which does seem most likely), he has a situation baked right into the story in the form of scenes of King Thor in the future that means it's entirely possible she may never be used again after he leaves. We already KNOW Thor will get the hammer back, and once he does, she will go the way of Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill, with occasional appearances now and then, the number of which likely depends on how well she is received by fans. Could end up with her never appearing again, or she could get her own series, or anything in between, too early to say. But he has no way to force a future writer to use her if they don't want to, even if he DIDN'T have that baked in back door of King Thor. Secondly, royalties for creating characters are intended to entice creators to make new characters, Marvel WANTS them to do that. New characters are a good thing, they help keep the universe fresh and interesting. Where would we be if no new characters were ever created for any of the books? X-Men still just Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren, and Hank. No Nightcrawler or Storm or Gambit or Multiple Man and so on. That really what you want? But anyway, in the end, if you compare them to his page rate, the royalties he gets for TPB's, or the royalties he gets for Scalped or Southern Bastards, which are creator owned, the royalties for character appearances after he leaves are probably pretty paltry in comparison, unless the character becomes wildly popular which, let's face it, is pretty unlikely. I really don't think he's creating characters with money as his primary motivation. The reason she is (probably) a new character is most likely to serve the story, nothing more. An existing character simply may not fit what he has planned, he's actually come right out and said as much in some interviews, and I am willing to take him at his word on that. I mean, what if she dies at the end? What if she's actually evil (though, her being able to pick up the hammer doesn't really jive with that, I'm just saying.) Would you want Valkyrie or whoever to die or go evil if it could be avoided by having her be a new character?

The rest of your post makes very little sense. I am not really sure how to respond, because I am not really sure what you are trying to say, except that the only way writers can 'sell' readers on their story or a character they created is to write good stories, it starts and ends there. If the story is good, people will read it, if it is bad they will drop it (or they should, anyway. Some fans' collector mentality gets in the way, but that's on them) I have read enough of Jason Aaron's work, and specifically his Thor work, that I feel fairly confident I will like the new book as well. I am not going into it just to read about the new female Thor, and if I end up liking her, that's not some trick being played on me, that's them doing a good job.

*edit - ok, I think i get what you are saying now... maybe? Yeah, the story might be bad. It's all in the telling. A good writer can make a ridiculous concept work. I'd read a Galactus clone story written by Grant Morrison, or maybe Warren Ellis. that'd kick ass, most likely. Thor was a frog once, that worked out allright. Crazy premise does not equal bad story. Anyway, just because a story is bad, (and I doubt this will be bad) doesn't mean some good things can't come out of it. I can think of examples of writers taking some lemons (aftermath of a bad story) and making lemonade. Fear Itself was dumb, but had some good things emerge from it, such as Kid Loki. Hell, a lot of 'events' go this way, they tend to be meandering messes with contrived endings, but often the shakeup after the fact produces some good stories. And some of the big shakeup stories are good from beginning to end. Some are awful, but they are usually not anything that won't be undone, if it's really that unpopular. (... usually. exceptions exist, but still) I would rather take the risk that it might suck (and may need to be fixed or swept under the rug later) than to have it be boring and repetitive, the status quo just maintained forever. These characters are resilient, they can bounce back from nearly anything.

As for continuity stuff. enh. Don't care, especially if it happened a long time ago. Continuity is and always will be a mess, there's just too much to keep track of, much of it contradictory, and it's a problem that just keeps getting worse. Good story trumps it. We also don't know yet that it won't be addressed.

I have purchase comics for some time and used to invest money in bad stories hoping they would go some place as you say. Give them a chance. I for one do not give chances on something I do not like in hopes it will get better.

I do my research and then decide. From what I see I do not like this and you do. I am not knocking your likes I am only saying this is what I do not like. I have never said anything other then that. I only put out what I see. It is all food for the debate table. Who knows somebody could say something that would get me to change my mind. For the most part when they first came out with it saying point blank this is for females and we are not worried about the males and will not change our minds says. Hey they do not care about male readers. They are going for the 49 percent female readers and not the 51 percent male readers. This is Thor they say , for years to come. What other way is there to take it. Then he goes on to say its been something he has been bringing along for the last 2 years or something along that lines.

As always any debate is just a way of saying hey this is what I see. prove wrong. if so I am sorry but Thor is a good character I would not defend anything less. You do not see me on the Captain America boards because I could really care less about that character however strong he may be I simply do not read that book.

RayeGunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They never said that about women readers, and especially about not caring about male readers. Where are you getting that? Links please. They probably are hoping to get some female readers who had previously not read Thor comics, but that doesn't mean old fans, male or female, are being excluded somehow. the old Thor is still going to be in the book, just without Mjolnir, he's not going anywhere, we're just getting a story of him going through a rough time, and as that is happening, she picks up the hammer. I don't see how this is bad, it adds drama and intrigue.

The reason I keep responding is because your ideas about why this is happening, or what is happening, are so far off base from what has actually been revealed it's kind of baffling. It's like you are LOOKING for reasons to hate on it, and are twisting facts to do so. But it really just boils down to it not being familiar enough for you, apparently. If that's the case, fine, I think maintaining the status quo is boring, but whatever. But just leave it at that, no need to cook up wild conspiracy theories. Almost nothing you said has any basis in fact. Royalties are not behind the creation of female Thor, it's not going to be a clone, they're not giving the finger to male readers. You are grasping at straws here to support your decision to hate it before seeing anything of it besides a couple covers and character sketches.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By arthurkerr

@rayegunn said:

They never said that about women readers, and especially about not caring about male readers. Where are you getting that? Links please. They probably are hoping to get some female readers who had previously not read Thor comics, but that doesn't mean old fans, male or female, are being excluded somehow. the old Thor is still going to be in the book, just without Mjolnir, he's not going anywhere, we're just getting a story of him going through a rough time, and as that is happening, she picks up the hammer. I don't see how this is bad, it adds drama and intrigue.

The reason I keep responding is because your ideas about why this is happening, or what is happening, are so far off base from what has actually been revealed it's kind of baffling. It's like you are LOOKING for reasons to hate on it, and are twisting facts to do so. But it really just boils down to it not being familiar enough for you, apparently. If that's the case, fine, I think maintaining the status quo is boring, but whatever. But just leave it at that, no need to cook up wild conspiracy theories. Almost nothing you said has any basis in fact. Royalties are not behind the creation of female Thor, it's not going to be a clone, they're not giving the finger to male readers. You are grasping at straws here to support your decision to hate it before seeing anything of it besides a couple covers and character sketches.

Ok I do not want to research it all night it is late/early.

Here is the part or one of them.

Marvel says that this, their eighth title to feature a lead female character, "aims to speak directly to an audience that long was not the target for superhero comic books in America – women and girls".

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jul/15/thor-is-a-woman-in-new-marvel-comicbook-series

Your wrong I love a great story. Just not one that trashes the main character and steals its name and character.

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very interested in the possibilities. Its always been said he doesn't need the Hammer, now its his time to prove it. Aside from that, despite knowing its unlikely, I really hope they use this opportunity to actually explore his Elder God heritage more deeply. His birth mom is the living essence of the Earth, there is a story there that any half wit writer could make something out of. Its always frustrated me that Marvel has always pretty much ignored this huge amount of potential. If he's not the Thunder God anymore then he's got enough free time to figure that stuff out.

If they do this right Thor can come out of this Stronger than before. Wielding both the powers of Earth and Asgard.

RayeGunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RayeGunn

With the way they left Gaea on Earth, I think that may just be in the cards. The pieces are in the right place for it, anyway.

@arthurkerr: And where in there does it tell male readers to go away? How does writing it so that it speaks to female readers mean it's exclusionary to male readers? You are reading far too much into that. They are hoping to add some female readers to the existing fans, they are not telling the existing fans to go away. Trust me, all it takes to 'speak' to female readers is to not treat female characters as nothing but sex objects, or props for the male characters. Make them well rounded characters with agency. As long as he does that, nothing else has to change. I am sure it will read largely the same as God of Thunder, just with a new character in the mix offering a new perspective.

TIME: Do you change the way you write for a female character at all?

Aaron: No. I mean, it doesn’t change for me. The story didn’t come about because of any sort of mandate. It’s not like we threw a dart at a board and said we’re going to change this character and make it a female. This was the natural progression of the story I was telling and that’s been building in Thor history for decades now.

I’ve written stories about Canadian mutants who are 150 years old and about aliens in space. It doesn’t matter: I’m clearly not any of those people. But it doesn’t matter the race or gender or where those people are from. It’s all about figuring out that character and telling your story.

http://time.com/2987551/thor-marvel-woman/

To me, that says it will be pretty much just a continuation of God of Thunder, just with a new #1 to drum up some sales and to mark the start of a big story.

And i don't understand how this 'trashes' his character, especially since we don't actually know anything about the story yet. As near as I can figure, he's going through a rough spot, has become unworthy to wield Mjolnir and someone else picks it up. That is literally all we know. It's not enough to really decide if it will be good or bad, but that's not 'trashing' him. A lot of great stories can come of that, it's stories where a character goes through a dark time, or when you remove them from their comfort zone, when you learn what a character is really made of.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordhuck said:

I am very interested in the possibilities. Its always been said he doesn't need the Hammer, now its his time to prove it. Aside from that, despite knowing its unlikely, I really hope they use this opportunity to actually explore his Elder God heritage more deeply. His birth mom is the living essence of the Earth, there is a story there that any half wit writer could make something out of. Its always frustrated me that Marvel has always pretty much ignored this huge amount of potential. If he's not the Thunder God anymore then he's got enough free time to figure that stuff out.

If they do this right Thor can come out of this Stronger than before. Wielding both the powers of Earth and Asgard.

I for one like him with the hammer , Odin does not need his spear but damn right he likes to hold it. Thor never needed his hammer and has done most of his fighting with it by his side. But why lose it? He was never one to just toss Mjolnir out first even in his fights with the Hulk he put fist up first and when that was not working he did a little hammer tossing. This always led to the hulk being trashed and saying. Oh Golden haired boy needs a hammer to fight.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

@kgb725 said:

No one lost their sh*t when Beta wasnt worthy

I thought that.

Allaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Allaric

@rayegunn:

On the demographics issue Marvel said "readers want characters that look like them" this is Marvel talking about having a female Thor. So by Marvels own logic the new Thorina won't appeal to males, unless you happen to be a male with breast , or maybe identify as female , maybe they are trying to reach the transgender audience, or the whole LGBT demographic - strong female (fems and lesbians ala Xena) , gay males (big blonde bare chested male in tight pants) and a comic where the main character switches from male to female .

For fans of Thor though it's about what they are "interested" in , even if it's a good story , Thor fans wouldn't necessarily be interested in it. I know there are lots of other good comics out there but if your not interested in that comic or its characters you aren't going to buy it.

So what do fans of past Thor do now ? Are they supposed to buy a comic that they already know they aren't interested in , of course not .

As a traditional Thor fan I would hope Marvel could find writers good enough to write a good story w/o having to trash the main character. As a writer it's easy to take a character like Thor and just turn him upside down and backwards , Aaron is hardly subtle in his writing its certainly not creative or interesting.

All Aaron is doing is creating a "train wreck story". Like any horrible accident you know how it happens , you know what the outcome will be , but you still feel compelled to watch it , just a cheap writing trick to try to get people to read it.

But not me , I'm not interested in paying money to watch Aaron make a train wreck out of the Thor character and comic, it's all kinda boring actually.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does he have a cybernetic arm...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I find it all all the females I know of that loved the vampire saga with the glittery vampires and werewolves did not show all females it showed males.

My nieces loved that series not because of the females that was for sure.

So to say your going after the female readers to me just insults the very female readers your trying to make happy.

Twilight or what ever it was called. Also another example of some things they loved and just had to have was Charmed and again not for the females but the males on the show. They would just watch them over and over again and even have Charmed marathons forcing everybody in the house to watch and trust me it was not for the female witches that was for damn sure.

Thor is just a character that lets you tell a story and no matter what the story the character should never change and wow what a change to make Thor a female.

Then the future of the stories to come in years to come. Thor half cyborg a story seen in the books of Cable where he fights a never ending battle to win back his humanity or a story seen where all the mutants are fighting the same problem.

So what if they found the cure how strong would cable be? I like cable but do we ever find out and hmmmm I love women but I do not want my favorite characters to be them. As I do not want WW to become a man to try to get me to read more WW books. Just put a strong male in the book to keep up with her and fight the good fight beside her or as odd as this sounds just keep her alone. Some times romance is a hint a glimmer of what could be a brush of the hand a look in the eye. The most sexual of women are those that border on something they show just the right amount of flesh to get somebody to say wow. What if I could see more. They do not walk around naked revealing all to the world.

The best characters are ones that do not change so much through the years that nobody knows them when they see them.

Oh look who is that , hmmmmm they have the hammer of Thor but you just never know who Thor is anymore.

How many times has Green Lantern lost his ring and he saved the day without it or Superman did battle somebody far more powerful and figured out a way to get through and save the world without any powers with just a great will to fight evil and a good amount of character.

In any story the Character is just another version of the reader. Thor is one aspect of the person or group of people. You can always find others you identify with in the book or the movie. Lets hope it is not the villain lol. However in the case of Loki he is still a dark hero. Just trying to do what he thinks is good.( then again that is almost every villain) even Hitler has some thought he was trying to do some good for his people. The rest of the world did not see it that way and the Jews sure as hell did not see it that way as they were taking showers with gas and dying.

Characters like Loki grow and change and become so much more yes to the extent you wish to just say. Wow show us more and Loki a character much loved in Norse story and myth comes to life as the Dr. Strange of sorts and the Silver Surfer of the Magic world. Why are we tying this character down and wondering why it is not working?

Loki like Norrin Radd and even Odin has been hit by the wanderlust bug.

To go out and explore and see and take in a world of possible.

Great characters need not be changed.The story if it is good will draw in the group. When you start changing the character you kill the story. Let the story tell the tale let the people go on a journey.

To many times I used to see Spiderman sell a new character showing his face on the front of a comic and when you read the story he was no place in the book. Or the cover would show something and inside no such thing had taken place.

I got to the point I would run through the comic before I even took it up to be paid for. If they pulled the book in advance I would always check it out to be sure the story was one I cared to read. I gave away several thousand dollars worth of comics to a young fan because I wanted to share to love of a great story.

Sometimes our heroes just need to let us see how they get through the current crises that we all face today.

They do not need to be epic tales of wars on Galactus or hellish fights between demons and angels and man caught in the cross hairs.

Sometimes and I say this as a example.

They just want to see a character showing how to deal with the simple pressures of every day life.

Going to work and carving a place in history.

Being more then the sum of whom we are.

Not changing every day to appeal more to others but having the world like us for whom we are. Then when we change if change we do at all. It is because it was from growth of character. Look to those whom are changing what they look like to get attention when people do not care what you look like as much as what your core character is. Who you are inside really counts. It defines your character and our love of Thor is his character that has changed through the ages to say. I am the good guy I am defender of the little guy and lover of the battle and maker of the rain when you are in need of water and are thirsty.

I end this thought with the question. What are you thirsty for in a story? How will marvel quench that thirst? By changing your characters gender or by refreshing the story and asking the good question ?

Even the best of stories have to end.

Even the worse ones as well.

All in all it is about what can you relate to in the tale.

That is all I have to say about that.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bigcimmerian

What happened to his arm and why is he unworthy?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to his arm and why is he unworthy?

To me it does not look like a fake arm it looks like armor over top his arm. I could be wrong.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, how Thor lost his hammer is stupid as hell. I really can't believe he lost his worthiness over a secret.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By arthurkerr

Wow, how Thor lost his hammer is stupid as hell. I really can't believe he lost his worthiness over a secret.

if it was the worst possible thing you could think of and make it take place. Then yeah I could believe it.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wanna see why Thor became unworthy….an' I wanna see the end of that crummy story when Thor finally becomes worthy again.

I want Thor ta be Thor. Nobody else.